IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

Anyone remember when Josh was presented with the opportunity to 'work' for FRC in DC? He was getting advice from his and Anna's parents. JB and Michelle, you could tell, were reluctant and didn't think it would be a good idea (my words, their concept.) Anna's parents were completely supportive of the move. Back then I thought JB/Michelle were wanting to control them for control sake, but now I believe they *knew* Josh was a problem, a sexual problem, and would likely stray and get into trouble. And by trouble, I mean tarnish the brand. I believe they were wanting to protect themselves more than they were wanting to protect Josh, or Anna, or the M kids.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8

7 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Ooh, that also supports my theory that the Duggars didn’t give the Kellers honest details about what Josh did. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

Josh being the age he was doesn't excuse what he did but if he had shown genuine remorse, had gotten himself proper treatment and tried to be a decent person now, people would have still been angry and disgusted by him but would have also have also recognised he had changed and matured since then. 

After it got out in his statement he actually said he stopped his behaviour because he felt it was going to damage his life, nothing about the victims that really shows that he cared about himself and not his victims. 

He didn't face the media himself but let 2 of his victims defend him and say how much he had changed, all while cheating on his wife and mother to his children. 

Worked on denying gay and trans people right to marry and accused them of being a risk of abusing children. 

Sure Jim Bob and Michelle play a part in not getting him the help he needed in the aftermath but he as an adult continued to make shitty life choices and that is on him. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 3

Anna makes reference to the baby calf in her latest Instagram post- have the Duggars always had cattle or is Josh diversifying into ‘Duggar Steak’?

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Josh being the age he was doesn't excuse what he did but if he had shown genuine remorse, had gotten himself proper treatment and tried to be a decent person now, people would have still been angry and disgusted by him but would have also have also recognised he had changed and matured since then. 

After it got out in his statement he actually said he stopped his behaviour because he felt it was going to damage his life, nothing about the victims that really shows that he cared about himself and not his victims. 

He didn't face the media himself but let 2 of his victims defend him and say how much he had changed, all while cheating on his wife and mother to his children. 

Worked on denying gay and trans people right to marry and accused them of being a risk of abusing children. 

Sure Jim Bob and Michelle play a part in not getting him the help he needed in the aftermath but he as an adult continued to make shitty life choices and that is on him. 

THIS. ALL OF THIS.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Anna makes reference to the baby calf in her latest Instagram post- have the Duggars always had cattle or is Josh diversifying into ‘Duggar Steak’?

I don't know about Arkansas, but in my state the property tax laws are different (and more beneficial) for agricultural land than commercial or residential land, so any piece of land that isn't being actively developed has cows on it so it qualifies as "agricultural." Some people actively ranch and sell beef to local stores and restaurants, but a lot of them are just "filler" to make it qualify as agricultural land. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They’ve had cattle for a few years, but don’t talk about it much. I don’t think we know when it started. Probably they don’t want the animal rights people paying attention.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They’ve had cattle for a few years, but don’t talk about it much. I don’t think we know when it started. Probably they don’t want the animal rights people paying attention.

Think I remember that they rent the land to someone who raises the cattle.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Think I remember that they rent the land to someone who raises the cattle.

That's how I remember it.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Very well said. In my work I work directly with adolescent sexual offenders. Treatment is key. We have a very intensive program for youth with problematic and illegal sexual behaviors. It doesn't always work and we do see youth who re-offend. We typically then send them to an intensive inpatient for usually at least a year. Getting treatment does not excuse what they did, it does not make it better for the victim or the family's but it does help get to the bottom of the offending behaviors to prevent them from re-offending and destroying more lives. Their own included. We have offenders as young as 8 in the program. They also do treatment for the victims, the family of the victims and the family of the offenders. 

• Upvote 28

On 9/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, OHFL2009 said:

I don't know about Arkansas, but in my state the property tax laws are different (and more beneficial) for agricultural land than commercial or residential land, so any piece of land that isn't being actively developed has cows on it so it qualifies as "agricultural." Some people actively ranch and sell beef to local stores and restaurants, but a lot of them are just "filler" to make it qualify as agricultural land. 

My state too. I know a lot of people who have Christmas tree farms (no investment after the original one and little work as they are "cut your own") on their property to get classified as agricultural. Also Jon Bon Jovi has a beekeeper using his property so his multi-million-dollar estate is agricultural.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 9/2/2020 at 8:33 AM, Sullie06 said:

Very well said. In my work I work directly with adolescent sexual offenders. Treatment is key. We have a very intensive program for youth with problematic and illegal sexual behaviors. It doesn't always work and we do see youth who re-offend. We typically then send them to an intensive inpatient for usually at least a year. Getting treatment does not excuse what they did, it does not make it better for the victim or the family's but it does help get to the bottom of the offending behaviors to prevent them from re-offending and destroying more lives. Their own included. We have offenders as young as 8 in the program. They also do treatment for the victims, the family of the victims and the family of the offenders. 

I hope it works when they are young. I"m not at all convinced Josh is a current pedophile, but he clearly has issues. Back in maybe the '80s(?) Rahway State Prison (excuse me, the East Jersey State Prison at Woodbridge) set up the first unit nationally exclusively for sexual offenders. The idea was to figure out what made them tick and fix it. What they basically found out was that they are unfixable.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

While I'm glad Jill & the boys will have a better more mainstream life where they will have choices, Jill & her boys are missing out on a lot of fun family time

I think Jill and her kids are better off in long run being away from her family and their influence. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 20

Way to embarrass your kid forever Anna. Thankfully you will homeschool him. I mean with parents like him a google search of him picking his nose, I suppose will be the least of his worries. 
Yes this is funny. But it belongs on a family group chat, not the internet when you are a public figure. 

79804397-FC8B-4A31-88CD-B366BD78040B.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Way to embarrass your kid forever Anna. Thankfully you will homeschool him. I mean with parents like him a google search of him picking his nose, I suppose will be the least of his worries. 
Yes this is funny. But it belongs on a family group chat, not the internet when you are a public figure. 

I feel like it's still one of the lesser embarrassing moments of being related to Josh and his family...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15

Boys in shorts, girls in dresses and leggings. Grrr.

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

When I see pics of McKenzie (or however they spell it) nowadays, I really don't understand Anna's choice to stay.

I seriously would not be comfortable having a young girl that age in the same household if I knew what my spouse had done in his past.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

When I see pics of McKenzie (or however they spell it) nowadays, I really don't understand Anna's choice to stay.

I seriously would not be comfortable having a young girl that age in the same household if I knew what my spouse had done in his past.

She's doubling down on bad decisions and acting like a martyr. 
And it's going to hurt her kids in the long run. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I think I'm the only one that thinks the nose picking is kinda cute. If you can't have a nose picking picture at 3 when can you have it? 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 8

14 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

If you can't have a nose picking picture at 3 when can you have it? 

If someone followed me around really any day at this point.  My allergies have been BAD and my husband are so relaxed with everything that I occasionally struggle to remember my manners when I'm in public.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

Just now, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If someone followed me around really any day at this point.  My allergies have been BAD and my husband are so relaxed with everything that I occasionally struggle to remember my manners when I'm in public.

I feel ya so hard on that. Allergies are so bad. The congestion is a struggle.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I feel ya so hard on that. Allergies are so bad. The congestion is a struggle.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  Blowing your nose can only do so much, and I spend so much time congested, that if I blow hard enough to clear it out it leads to nose bleeds.  

• Love 1

Anna says in the comments of her Labor Day post that she isn't using a buddy system. Said she wants her kids to be kids and that she was the mom. 

Could have fooled me. Mackynzie is almost always holding it looking after a little.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Anna says in the comments of her Labor Day post that she isn't using a buddy system. Said she wants her kids to be kids and that she was the mom. 

Could have fooled me. Mackynzie is almost always holding it looking after a little.

Well now, that's an interesting bit of passive aggressive snark against one of Michelle's favorite "parenting" tricks.  I'd like to see how they'd react if she were to say that in front of JB and Michelle.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Anna only has 6. If she had 10, and the next four all a year apart, she might think and behave differently.  Let’s hope that doesn’t happen!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic