IGNORED

Maxwell 36: Wearing What Some Might Call an Outer Garment While Dealing with Cancer in the Family

Coconut Flan

The following cracks me up. 

Fan of Kristen Bell, so I followed a link about her troubles with her husband.

TLTR: She made up color-coded schedules for their 2 kids during quarantine — and the kids hated them —- and she saw the light and instructed them to have a schedule shredding session, after which they all set their own, and are living happily ever after til end of quarantine!!

Go, Kristen Bell! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Will Christopher take the pictures and will John deliver the ring via drone?

So, anyone care to wager as to what outrageous thing will happen at this wedding?

Another speech about death or Steve's vasectomy reversal?

Another barely visible first kiss?

Another bride forgets to bring her vows?

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

Goodness, they will have striking looking children.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, terranova said:

Goodness, they will have striking looking children.

I'm not sure how much of it is the glasses, but WOW they look alike!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'm not sure how much of it is the glasses, but WOW they look alike!

I think it might be the glasses. When the Craig girls aren’t wearing glasses, I don’t think they look like Maxwells. Especially their noses. They are completely different noses from the Maxwell noses. Their eyes are a little similar though. But their babies won’t have eyes that see into your soul like John and Chelsy’s. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Chistopher and John married in their brides' state. 

Joseph did too - in Kentucky. They don't seem to have a problem with the weddings being in the brides home state. It's only fair, I guess, since once married they're get trapped on the compound for life.

Those Maxwell girls have got to be dying inside. Their last brother is getting married & will live .2 miles away - make more babies, and their babysitting for life just keeps going on and on and on. Not one girl has been allowed near a man but all the boys get to move on with their lives.

That is nothing short of sad. Seriously. 

After two courtships that failed pretty publicly - Christopher & Sara and Joseph & Elizabeth - the secrecy began. They can't face the humiliation of another failed courtship/engagement - it would do serious damage to their brand. So, they just keep it under wraps until the deed is done - or, in John's case, his bride's family makes it public so they have no choice but to acknowledge it. 

With Jesse - they thought they were being sly with their brand marketing - 5 sons married, ya'll, we are great at preparing our boys for life(don't ask about our girls). Instead, they outed themselves and there is no doubt Steve's head has exploded that it is now known. He didn't control the secret - again, partly by his own arrogance - and now, a broken engagement will also be known if it happens. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 15

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yeah, but no.  Contrary to popular FJ belief some Fundie maidens do marry in their twenties and thirties.  All is not lost.

And an awful lot of "withering on the vine" (AKA young ladies over the age of 19 if not over the age of 29) Fundie maidens must have seriously renewed hope right now. 

I mean, Sarah Mally may finally be getting hitched, aged 41, COVID-19 permitting.

Yes, I agree with you but this is the Maxwells and I don't think we should compare them to other fundies in any aspect haha

• Upvote 6

On a side note it looks like the house Jesse paid for with cash he’s now selling.  Wonder where the next purchase will be.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Their last brother is getting married & will live .2 miles away

It would suck to be a kid trick or treating in that neighborhood.  That's a lot of houses with no chance for candy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, jlbturtle said:

On a side note it looks like the house Jesse paid for with cash he’s now selling.  Wonder where the next purchase will be.  

Hmmm...that's puzzling...was the house too far from the rest of the family? Probably not.  Wouldn't that beat all if Forgotten Jesse became the first Maxwell to live somewhere more than a mile from Maxhell? Maybe Anna Patrice wants to live closer to her family and Jesse is smitten enough to want to make her happy. Just speculating-I know reality is they probably will not leave the borg. A girl can dream though.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, jlbturtle said:

How do you know this? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

It’s public record you can look it up.  I’m not going to post it but you can find the house and see that it’s for sale.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I think there are Craig girls in this Bontrager post about one of the "young ladies retreats" that Chelsy and Allison used to have--it credits Rachel Craig for taking some of the pics: https://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2015/11/young-womens-retreat-2015-recap.html

Chelsy must be thrilled to have an acquaintance joining the compound.

PS I bet they will have to push back the May wedding date

• Upvote 5

That house was a rental. I wonder if his renters are still in the home. He could be selling it so he can use that money for a bigger and better house now that he’s getting married.

• Upvote 8

If her family is as boring as the Maxwell's then she should feel right at home. Hope Jesse is done with their house. His new wife should only have to decorate it and not be bothered with renovation projects. I hope she is truly happy and excited about getting married and being a keeper of her own home. 

• Upvote 5

@The Mother Dust, I am a zillion percent with you. I’ve been wondering why my depression and anxiety have plummeted even though I haven’t been out of the house since March 12, except for one early morning trip to the grocery store.

Then something from The Daily Beast turned up on my Facebook feed:

this article about depressed or anxious people thriving while quarantined

Does anyone else remember when Poor Sarah used to retreat to Uriah the Bus to do her writing? Some of us snarkily speculated about how she might be enjoying herself in there. Next thing we knew, Uriah was sold. I blame myself.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

Maybe she hated the house and Jesse cares enough to find one she likes.  It could be almost anything though.

• Upvote 5

@Hane, thanks for sharing that article. I still have moments of intense anxiety but overall I’ve been shocked at how much my day-to-day anxiety has lessened since our stay-at-home orders came down. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

So, I guess Anna the future OfJesse must be sewing her own dress, or doing her own alterations? You can't do any fittings at bridal boutiques right now-- or visit florists, bakeries, etc. Can they even visit the church social hall to plan the reception decorations?   If this wedding actually happens in May, its going to be a very small homegrown affair.

Also, Chelsy is due in June--but I believe we don't when, correct?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It would suck to be a kid trick or treating in that neighborhood.  That's a lot of houses with no chance for candy.

That reminds me of a house that my brother and cousin trick-or-treated at back  in 1966.  This guy gave them one piece of candy corn apiece.  He was known in the neighborhood as being a bit strange though.   One piece of candy corn beats the hell out of a tract that the Maxwells would tend to give though.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

The one thing that can be said for the Maxwell's is they put their horrific crazy right out there.   A quick google should be a cautionary tale for anyone allowing their daughter to marry into that family.

If I were the kind of parent who decided with whom my daughter was allowed to socialize it would be a giant F no to the Maxwell's due to the control issues and lack of affection, among other things.

At 19 none of that would have put me off if I was in love, but it should be giving decent parents pause.

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

That reminds me of a house that my brother and cousin trick-or-treated at back  in 1966.  This guy gave them one piece of candy corn apiece.  He was known in the neighborhood as being a bit strange though.   One piece of candy corn beats the hell out of a tract that the Maxwells would tend to give though.

We had a couple of dentists in our neighborhood and most gave out new toothbrushes with those little red things you chew after brushing to show you the places you missed.  I loved those things.  

But one gave out full size Snickers...busting the dentist stereotype.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That house was a rental. I wonder if his renters are still in the home. He could be selling it so he can use that money for a bigger and better house now that he’s getting married.

Jesse's bedroom will be empty so they'll move Gigi into that room and Jesse will take over her house.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic