IGNORED

New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri

Tatar-tot

Why did they leave LV again?  The culdesac seemed like the best housing comprise for them.

The answer can’t be financial.  Building 4 homes + man hut from the ground, in Flagstaff, is certainly more expensive than the 4 Vegas homes.

I don’t get it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I don't get that either. Las Vegas was a decent set up. 

I wonder what they expect heaven to be like. Do they think all their problems here will be gone there? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

My husband just asked me, “does that Duggar board only talk about the Duggars or do talk about others like sister wives people?”

He just wanted to know if other people disliked Kody as much as he did (ha! Yes). I watched back in the day and vaguely keep up with it, but the show now coming on in between 90 day and 90 day pillow talk meant DH got a quick primer into the show.

Anyway, just read him some of the recent reactions and he is tickled! “Sobbin Robin” got a big laugh. 

Its just so boring while also being so frustrating? The only thing better than packing and moving myself is watching five people pack and move fifteen billion times, I guess.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Robyn is pretty transparent when she plays the victim card. The other wives must get sick of having to be nice every time she cries. I get annoyed just watching it on the show and I don’t have to be her sister wife, haha. The last episode was a total shit show. At least Janelle and Christine kept their cool. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

So, this last episode was quite telling. 
They have done a pretty good job of pretending that everything is mostly fine in the family. Sure sure, they are stressed about the move, and Kody and Meri have some work to do on their relationship, but overall NOTHING TO SEE HERE - PLURAL MARRIAGE IS AMAZEBALLS EVERYONE. 

But, holy hell, is Kody resentful of Meri right now. I think his simmering anger over her affair (and refusal to admit that was what it was) is popping up. He was quick to label her as the problem over figuring house plots. In his anger, he did something he’s never done before - he said that this is what he does, this is how she is. She manipulates. 

And honestly, I believe him.  

I’m no Kody fan. He’s a douche. But I think we are starting to get some direct honesty about Meri for the first time. I think she’s likely been a horror to have around the last 20 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Season 14 Episode 9 This Land is Your Land… or Hers?

This is a huge wall of text (no surprise there), and when I say solo that means the person had a solo couch interview. I rewound a ton to try to accurately document the flow of conversation (with no direct quoting), but there might be a few flubs, I got so sick of the back and forth. Also I am not great at proof reading, and this time I am probably even worse. 

TLDR The short version last episode Meri said she didn’t want her house in the trees, so Kody asked/told Robyn to switch lots with Meri. Kody asked/told Robyn because he felt she wouldn’t fight him on it. Robyn wasn’t thrilled, but said she would make the switch. Meri said no no no, that isn’t how the conversation went, Kody told me I had the lot of trees, and while I love trees, I don’t want to live in the trees, but actually I haven’t said which lot I want I need more information before I make the decision. There is no resolution on who gets which lot on this episode. Also Janelle wants in writing the pond (which is on the same lot as the trees) is common area, they all have equal access, and no one person is in charge because she doesn’t want Meri saying the kids are being noisy and chaotic, and can’t play at the pond. 

Kody and the wives gather on the Coyote Pass (CP) land, nine months after moving to Flagstaff to have a picnic and discuss who gets which lot. (At the end of the episode we learn the land has not been surveyed, they don’t have the clear boundaries of each lot, getting that information first would have been wise.) Robyn’s rental is for sale, hasn’t found new rental yet (learned this last week). Meri surprises the wives and says she has to move in six weeks, her rental is for sale, this will be her third move in less than year. Meri said Kody has mentioned they should buy, Meri doesn’t want to buy, she wants to get out to CP, thinks it would be stupid to buy, but not saying Christine (who bought) is stupid. Christine said she has only moved one time, and sees the value of buying in a market with no rentals. Robyn is a solo interview said Kody is pushing her to buy, she doesn’t want to, later in solo she says buying another house is breaking the promise to the kids that they would replicate the cul de sac and get the family back together, she admits she is struggling and doesn’t feel like she has a home. Robyn tells the adults she wants to scream no (to buying), she wants CP, her kids were thriving in Las Vegas and they were promised it would be replicated in Flagstaff. Kody says there are no rentals, only option is to buy. They are having their picnic on Janelle’s lot, and someone says Meri what about you? Meri says Kody told her where they would all be, and she would be in the trees. Kody said Meri said she didn’t like it (lot with the trees), so Robyn said she would go there. Robyn asks Meri do you want that back there (pointing to one of the lots). Meri said that is not what I said, quit making up crap about what I say. Janelle pipes in and says Kody said you (Meri) weren’t sure about living in the trees anymore after living in a dark house. Kody in a solo said Meri loved Cottonwood (the other property they looked at before purchasing Coyote Pass), Meri loved the trees, and now Meri said I don’t know if I want to be in the trees six weeks ago (last episode). Meri said I still like the trees, but doesn’t know if she wants to be in them, and then she said please listen to what I’m saying, I’m saying I don’t know. Robyn asks if they should flip for it (lot with trees)? Meri said I don’t know now, I’m just confused maybe I’ll go live in Parowan, UT (where she has the BnB). Robyn told Meri that isn’t even funny. Meri in a solo interview said Janelle, Christine and Robyn wanted these three spots, which left her in the trees, and she claims she told everybody she didn’t want to be in trees. Robyn says to the adults that it is stressing her out, Meri said she’s not happy at all right now. Meri in a solo said she never said she wanted to be out by the road. Janelle in a solo said she can feel there is something going on in the family. Robyn said to Janelle (while walking to another part of the property) Kody has been saying weird stuff, because Kody told Robyn the lot she got is what was left (lot with trees, originally Meri’s lot). Janelle replied to Robyn and said Kody told her (Janelle) that is where he was going to put you (Robyn). Meri hears some of this conversation, Christine and Kody are walking ahead and don’t hear it. Meri said wait a minute, what? Robyn said Kody told her (Robyn) that is what was left (the lot with the trees, originally Meri’s lot). Meri said to Robyn no that wasn’t the conversation at all, Robyn. (Adults are all together now) Robyn asks Meri is she mad at her? Meri said to Robyn, she’s not mad at her. Kody said don’t be mad at me. Kody in a solo said he doesn’t know what the problem is, he gave Meri the lot in the trees because he felt it was the best option for her. Kody said to the crowd that he suggested a place for Meri, Kody said Meri said she didn’t want it, Kody then said someone else said they would like to be there and that is exactly how it happened. Robyn said no, it’s not (not exactly how it happened). Robyn said Kody told her this is what is left, can you make it work? Robyn in a solo tells us Kody took her to the property, said Meri doesn’t want this lot, everyone else has picked their lot, can you be ok with the lot with trees? Meri said her conversation with Kody was he said Janelle, Christine and Robyn have picked these lots, and you like trees, so this lot (lot of trees) is for you (Meri). Meri said she is mixed on how far into the trees she wants to be. Janelle said wait Meri, I thought you (Meri) said no to trees, no to the lot of trees. Meri said she said she was mixed. Kody tells Meri not to be upset, he is putting Robyn there (lot of trees). Meri asks is that final? Cut to a solo of Robyn and she (Robyn) said Kody is totally talking for her, does she get a say in this? Robyn says to the crowd, she will take what is left, it is fine. Meri says oh my gosh seriously Robyn? Robyn in a solo said she feels jerked around. They are all now standing in silence. Christine tries to lighten the mood and says now she wants the lot of trees because it sounds like the best place, and then there is a bunch of cross talking. Kody in a solo said he was giving Meri her first choice (lot of trees), trying to keep her happy. Robyn says to Kody he told her (Robyn) Meri didn’t want to be back in the lot of trees, Meri interrupts that Kody relayed the conversation wrong FYI, and Robyn asks if she can talk, and Robyn said Kody told her lot of trees is what is left. Robyn said it is fine, all good, the property is beautiful, she’ll take lot of trees, but she needs to go and find a rental and walks off. Meri asks if she can now talk since Robyn got to talk, and Robyn responds not right now. Robyn in a solo says that today was too much. Meri sticks to her point that is not how her conversation with Kody went. In Meri’s solo she says Robyn that is not how the conversation with Kody went, and Meri still in solo interview says Robyn isn’t getting what is leftover because she is the low man on the totem pole. Meri walks off and said she also needs to find a rental. Christine, Janelle and Kody are left. Christine and Janelle agree they both heard Meri say she didn’t want to be in the trees anymore (last episode). Janelle in a solo said this is not over, not be a long shot. 

So Robyn and Meri have left Coyote Pass to go find rentals. Robyn returns, said she was upset, and needs to figure out what is going on. Robyn asks Kody why didn’t you tell me (Robyn) why Meri didn’t want the spot. Kody said Meri told him she didn’t want the lots with the trees, both Janelle and Christine heard Meri say she didn’t want the lot. Kody starts to get upset and said Meri changes her mind all the time, it is a game he has been playing for the past 30 years with her. Robyn said she won’t fight over property, it is ridiculous. Janelle said whoever lives on the lot of trees (the lot of trees also has the pond) needs to be ok with everyone having easy access to the pond. In a solo Janelle explains the Lehi house situation. Janelle said in the Lehi house there were three apartments. Janelle’s apartment was on the left and included both upstairs and downstairs, on the right Meri’s apartment was upstairs, and Christine’s apartment was downstairs under Meri's. To get from Janelle’s apartment to Christine's while staying inside the house you had to walk through Meri’s apartment. Meri didn’t like the traffic and noise, so she didn’t let the kids go through her apartment. Janelle said she understood, but it created a hardship. For the kids to go back and forth from Janelle’s to Christine’s apartment, they had to go outside (leave the house), climb concrete stairs, to get to the other apartment to avoid walking through Meri’s house. Janelle told Robyn she (Janelle) has a vested interested because she is worried the kids playing at the pond will bother Meri, but if Robyn has that lot of trees with the pond Robyn won’t mind the chaos and kids at the pond. Kody in a solo interview said he is saying to Meri whatever you want and Kody said Janelle is saying wait a minute, bringing up her concern of the kids making noise at the pond and it bothering Meri, and Kody said this is the BS you deal with in plural marriage. Robyn says to Kody she will not fight with Meri, and will take whatever lot there is. Kody says to Robyn he was already giving her everyone else’s table scraps, and asking Robyn do you think that is fair, because he doesn’t think it is fair. (Kody you are the one who handled it this way, Kody asked Robyn to switch with Meri). Kody says to Robyn you (Robyn) were the one willing to not fight, argue and scrap it out (basically Kody asked Robyn to switch lots with Meri because Robyn wouldn’t fight with Kody about it, and she would agree to it). In a solo Robyn said I am not a victim, and I won’t sit and complain about the switch. Kody tells Robyn to stop defending Meri, and quit acting like she isn’t getting the shit end of the stick. Robyn said she isn’t. Kody said it is pissing him off, that Robyn can take what everybody else doesn’t want. Robyn tells Kody to stop yelling, and he walks off. Kody in a solo said he is done with the conversation, he is sick of accommodating Meri. Kody again says to Robyn this is the game Meri plays, she always played it from day one with her and her (presumably Janelle and Christine). Janelle tells Kody what he is saying doesn’t solve anything (but notice she doesn’t disagree with what he is saying). Kody is mad because he thought the problem (of who gets which lot) was solved. Janelle in a solo said Kody thought the lots were figured out, but they wren’t. Kody says to Janelle and Robyn that Meri won’t be happy unless Meri has all of them bowing at her feet, waiting for her to decide what she wants. Robyn tells Kody to stop, Kody again says he was trying to appease Meri because she plays this game all the time, and says the other wives are all witnesses. Christine said no one is saying anything different. Robyn said Meri thought Kody was saying something different. Kody said that is what Meri says all the time. In a solo Kody said the wives would rather fight with him than with Meri, and he says the wives in some way are taking Meri’s side, and (in a condescending tone) he said that is their prerogative at least they are being loyal to Meri. (Earlier Christine said she wasn’t contradicting Kody, Janelle said the conversation wasn’t productive, I don’t think anyone is really siding with Meri, Robyn just doesn’t want to fight about it, and will compromise on the lot). Robyn asks where it all went wrong, and Kody said it didn’t go wrong with him, it is not his fault, don’t blame him, and don’t act like he took something from Meri. Kody claims he is just being real, and nobody else is. Christine said to Kody no one else is being dishonest, and in a solo Christine said him insinuating they are being dishonest is pushing her buttons because it’s not true. Robyn said Meri is her sister wife, and she is always going to try and work things out with her even if it isn’t easy. Kody said yes, but he is always playing this game with Meri. Robyn said that is Kody’s relationship with Meri, not Robyn’s relationship with Meri. Robyn tells the crowd she was just reacting, she felt like she didn’t have a choice in the lot of trees. Christine asks Robyn, you don’t feel like you have a choice? Robyn said no, she felt like she didn’t have a choice she is taking what Meri doesn’t want. Kody being super mature says to Robyn that he wants to hear her admit it, Robyn is taking what Meri doesn’t want. Robyn points to the mountain range and said she won’t complain about that view ever, no matter what and that plural marriage makes you feel disenfranchised sometimes. Robyn in a solo said for plural marriage to really work everyone (husband and sister wives) has to want everything to be as fair as possible. Christine said the five of them need to sit down (with Meri), discuss the points of view, and start from scratch with the property. Kody in a solo said he is tired of the constant game of trying to make people happy who just won’t be happy, and maybe the problem is he has never said this is what you get, suck it up buttercup. 

The following day Janelle and Christine go for a hike, they have done this a few times, and Janelle said they spend more time together (she and Christine) than they did in Las Vegas. Janelle initiates it, and they both say in solos they get along well, always have, the relationship is easy between them. Janelle tells Christine (and admits she is politicking) that the pond needs to be like a park, and not be accessible to just one property. The adults are meeting the following day (so two days after the big blow out at the property) to try and get some resolution. 

Christine in a solo isn’t sure things will be resolved, Meri in a solo said she is cautious. They all gather at Christine’s house to try and get a solution, Kody arrives last he met with the lawyer to discuss CP. Kody said the meeting with the lawyer went great, and says the lawyer said the land is an incredible investment, build houses and rent them out, there are few rentals in Flagstaff, most are short term. Kody claims they could make a fortune. Robyn in a solo said Kody is talking like a businessman and not the head of a family, it is making her mad, the family needs to get back together, so the kids can grow up together. Christine says to Kody we might want to move there. Christine in a solo said this is stressing her out, Kody, the lawyer and she are not on the same page. Janelle says the pond should be like a park, they should make it a private park, so no one person has jurisdiction over the pond, everyone has equal access and they should put it in writing. Kody said no he doesn’t want to separate the pond and forest (lot of trees). Janelle said we have to make agreements (remember she doesn’t want Meri saying no kids, noise or chaos at the pond). Robyn says if we have easements we all have access, right? Janelle in a solo said she and Kody are going to butt heads on this issue. Robyn said she is embarrassed and sorry for leaving the other day in a huff, she felt she didn’t have a choice, she felt Meri was changing her mind, and that she (Robyn) was left with no choice. Meri said to Robyn she wasn’t fighting with her, it was not a fight about the piece of property, that is not the issue according to Meri. Robyn in a solo said she is confused if Meri is saying it isn’t about the lot with the pond (aka lot of trees). Meri said the other adults seem to think she made a certain decision on the lot, and she hasn’t made a decision yet. Meri in a solo said she hasn’t spent much time trying to figure out her ultimate spot on the property, and she needs more information before she makes the decision. Kody said he doesn’t understand, and isn’t clear about what Meri is saying. Meri said she never said which piece of property she wanted, Kody told her Janelle, Christine, and Robyn had chosen their lots so she got the lot of tress by default. Meri told Kody she is struggling with the look on his face (confusion). Meri said she never made a decision of where she would be. Janelle and Christine together (just them) said that Janelle said she liked the one lot, and Christine liked the one further back; Janelle thought Meri and Robyn worked out and agreed who would have which lot, Christine also thought they were all on the same page, but there was never a group discussion. Meri said she never told anyone she wanted a specific lot, she hasn’t decided that yet. Kody said to Meri he had to disagree, he felt Meri made it clear she didn’t want to be on the lot of trees because of her experience in her current rental. Kody in a solo said Meri isn’t apologizing for changing her mind, and there was no problem until Meri said I don’t want this or that, but I don’t know what I do want. 

Meri said she loves trees, not sure there is a problem with the spot, doesn’t want to be in the trees because of the shadows, if it isn’t too far deep in the trees it might be ok, she needs sunlight and doesn’t want to live in the dark. Meri said she needs the conversation to not be an attack on her. Kody said it’s not an attack on you Meri. Meri said the look on his face said otherwise. Kody said he is trying to accommodate everyone. Christine suggests they start from scratch, no one has a piece claimed, in a solo Christine tells us they haven’t had a surveyor yet. Robyn in a solo said we can shut down the conversation but Meri is hurt, Kody is frustrated and we need to talk it out. Janelle said to Meri you (Meri) understand we thought you said no trees, and Meri said I understand that. Janelle is a solo says Kody said Meri said I don’t know, so we just need to move on. Kody suggests they get a surveyor and plot it out. Kody in a solo said Robyn is the only one apologizing, and no one else is owning what happened out there (Kody is suggesting he has no role in it, it is al the wives fault, boo hoo for Kody). Kody asks the crowd how do we prevent getting in this place again? Christine said choice and being heard would benefit us all. Kody asks Meri if she has any suggestions. They all huddle and say a prayer. Robyn in a solo said little progress was made. Christine in a solo said it isn’t about the property, it is about communication, being separated and she thinks they are fine but says she guesses fine isn’t cutting it. Kody in a solo said he is not feeling resolution, and that is a symptom of a bigger problem, and doesn’t know how to cure what ails them. 

Next week Robyn and Kody tell the kids they have to move, Kody thinks the message from God isn’t go find a rental it is go buy a house. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, Atheist Teacher said:

So, this last episode was quite telling. 
They have done a pretty good job of pretending that everything is mostly fine in the family. Sure sure, they are stressed about the move, and Kody and Meri have some work to do on their relationship, but overall NOTHING TO SEE HERE - PLURAL MARRIAGE IS AMAZEBALLS EVERYONE. 

But, holy hell, is Kody resentful of Meri right now. I think his simmering anger over her affair (and refusal to admit that was what it was) is popping up. He was quick to label her as the problem over figuring house plots. In his anger, he did something he’s never done before - he said that this is what he does, this is how she is. She manipulates. 

And honestly, I believe him.  

I’m no Kody fan. He’s a douche. But I think we are starting to get some direct honesty about Meri for the first time. I think she’s likely been a horror to have around the last 20 years. 

Honestly, I think if Meri popped out kids like Michelle Duggar there would have only been 1 wife.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

On 3/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Season 14 Episode 9 This Land is Your Land… or Hers?

Thanks so much for your recaps, esp. this trainwreck! 

Kody has been snotty about Meri before, but this sounds like the worst we've seen. Dang.

Like a few folks said above (and I've thought for years), I truly don't understand what these otherwise smart women have ever seen in this clown. He annoys the shit out of me.

Question: in the previous recap, you wrote, "Kody said he is the little brother and without his sheer stark masculine confidence he would wither." Please tell me the asshat didn't actually say that - or at least said it sarcastically.

Edited by scoutsadie
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I feel like all these women could do better than Kody. He's just...ugh. 

I think Meri and Robyn are just not meant for this lifestyle at all. They have no real interest in helping their sisterwives or being capable of sharing a man or compromising when needed with the other wives. 

Christine and Janelle, though, I feel like they could make this lifestyle work for them, and be happy, and have for years now. I wish they had a better husband to share, and/or different wives to share with. 

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Question: in the previous recap, you wrote, "Kody said he is the little brother and without his sheer stark masculine confidence he would wither." Please tell me the asshat didn't actually say that - or at least said it sarcastically.

It isn't a direct quote, but he said something pretty close to this. I have since deleted the episode, so I am trying to recall the scene and while he may have chuckled I do believe he meant it. I think Kody thinks very highly of himself. 

• I Agree 2

Why does TLC think that footage of five adults standing in a field and bickering with each other for an hour make for good TV? Honest to God...

My biggest pet peeve was all the stuff about the "pond". Literally no one in Flagstaff would call that a pond- it's a stock tank. I bet you anything that in a dryer year, there's barely any water in that thing. It's there for watering livestock and other wildlife, not for swimming. If the Browns are dead set on having a water feature, they could just fill in the existing stock tank and dig out another one in a more convenient location. Better yet, they could build an in ground pool! (I do not recommend doing this in Flagstaff. There is a reason why 90% of the hotel pools there are indoors and it's called snow.)

I did enjoy seeing Buffalo Park for five minutes! ?

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Christine and Janelle, though, I feel like they could make this lifestyle work for them, and be happy, and have for years now. I wish they had a better husband to share, and/or different wives to share with. 

I agree. Janelle and Christine are willing to call Kody on his BS, communicate with everyone when something is bothering them instead of sulking or crying, and generally seem to enjoy the polygamist lifestyle. They behave like mature adults. Meri and Robyn just seem miserable. 

• Upvote 4

Watching Robyn’s daughter Aurora have that debilitating panic attack in the last episode made me tear up. That poor girl. I used to have them daily as a teen, too, and know how it can make your life hell. Mine were different than hers; not quite as severe. She was brave for sharing it.

While I think it’s good to show true emotions in front of kids, you need to recognize as a parent when those emotions are taking too much of a toll on them. Robyn and Kody stated that disagreements between them make Aurora panic, so why show them to her? Couldn’t they just have said “We unfortunately have to move, kids. We are so sorry. This blindsided us too. Let’s find a house we can love till we live on Coyote Pass”. The end. No talk of renting versus buying, marital discord etc. The kids have no control over that stuff, so why should they be a part of it? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

This episode is/was beyond ridiculous:

Point 1:  Rentals are available in Flagstaff.  Just check Zillow.  There are about 6 houses available now with 5 plus bedrooms for about $2,100 per month.

Point 2: Rental Contracts are covered by local tenant laws and have to be honored if a house is sold.  https://coconino.az.gov/873/Landlord-Tenant

Point 3: Kody is a financial idiot.  Kody is a dumb man.  Kody can barely manage himself let alone his wives and children as appropriate. 

Point 4:  This family should just build the modified town house complex aka Kody’s dream house.  It could always be sold as a retreat house or to multi-generational family.   It will provide the children an environment similar to Nevada where they appeared to be thriving.

Point 5:  Christine needs to just suck it up. She can leave and enter via the garage & ignore the other wives existence.  Christine’s logic for not living in the joint house runs counter to the fundamental foundation of polygamy.  If Christine does not want to live in the joint house she is really saying she does not want to be a polygamist.  Kody should replace her with a spiritual wife who will fully embrace his beliefs.

Point 6:  I need my head examined for watching this lunacy. 

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who was annoyed by Meri?  She definitely gave me the impression she wasn’t really all about trees anymore and then claimed she never said that. It seemed really manipulative to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Am I the only one who was annoyed by Meri?  She definitely gave me the impression she wasn’t really all about trees anymore and then claimed she never said that. It seemed really manipulative to me. 

I think she is just done with the entire situation. If the TLC cameras disappeared I think Meri would High tail it to Utah.

Janelle is the one who drives me absolutely nuts.  She is extremely passive aggressive.  I would trust her about as far as I could throw her.

• Upvote 4

Season 14 Episode 10 A Breaking Point

This episode has a lot of jumping around. Primarily it is Kody, Robyn, and their five kids well mainly the older three Aurora, Breanna and Dayton. There is also a lot of just Kody and Robyn interviews. 

Robyn and Kody (no kids) the house Robyn was renting is for sale, they are telling the kids, and Kody say he doesn’t like the weeping and wailing over sad things. Kody said he is deeply frustrated over having to move out of the rental, so he doesn’t know how the kids will handle the news. Robyn thinks Aurora and Breanna will have the hardest time with it. Robyn plans to find another rental, and has no desire to buy, and is waiting for God to give her another miracle, she said He will do it again he did it with the current rental. Robyn doesn’t want to buy because she knows it will delay building at Coyote Pass, and she does not want to delay the move, and is looking for a five bedroom rental. Kody and Robyn sit down with their kids, Dayton is 19 and in his first year at NAU, Aurora is 17, Breanna 15, Solomon 7, and Ari is 3. When they first tell the kids Aurora looks shocked, stunned. Meri, Janelle and Christine have a couch interview, and Christine said she sees the benefits of renting and buying, and said whatever Robyn needs to do. Meri said it is a conflict, don’t want to put the money into buying, want the money to go toward building at Coyote Pass (CP). Robyn while sitting with Kody and the kids tells the kids no one did anything wrong, not the Browns as renters, not the sellers. The goal was to stay in this rental until they built at CP, but they have no control over this need to move. During a Robyn and Kody (no kids) couch interview Robyn asks did we do the wrong thing moving? She misses Las Vegas, and her home, but knows it isn’t her home anymore. Kody says he didn’t ask for this (the rental to go on the market), so he doesn’t feel guilt for what is happening. Kody does have frustration because Robyn and the kids aren’t settled. Kody admits he is bitter, angry and screaming bad words into a pillow level angry. Aurora (wth her siblings and parents) mentions flashbacks to the process of last time, and it is stressing her out (I presume Aurora means the move from Utah to Vegas). Robyn said this is not the same kind of adjusting, it is just a different house. Breanna says we are just going to move again, and again, and again. There is a couch session with Savannah, Truly, Gabe, Ysabel and Gwen. Gabe said they just moved, and it sucks Robyn has to move. Back to Robyn, Kody and kids, and Robyn asks Dayton how he feels, and he responds irritated. Kody asks Dayton does he want to share a room with Aurora and Breanna? Aurora doesn’t seem to see it as a joke, Breanna does. Robyn with just Kody (no kids) laughs, says it isn’t funny, it is not an option, Kody is just being silly, and he said he was trying to lighten the mood. Kody, with Robyn and the kids, he asks Aurora and Breanna to share a room with Ari so he and Robyn can finally be free. Breanna with frustration at all the moving talk said you guys as parents chose this. Robyn asks the kids are they happy in Flagstaff, and Breanna, Aurora and Dayton all say yes they are happy in Flagstaff. Robyn and Kody in a couch interview (no kids), Kody says they have to eat a crap sandwich (Robyn’s rental being for sale causing them to move again), but this is the prettiest place he’s ever had to eat a crap sandwich. Robyn doesn’t care for the crap sandwich analogy. Kody said in spite of the struggles they are happy in Flagstaff. Meri, Janelle and Christine in a couch interview agree. Janelle said even with the hassles she’s glad they are in Flagstaff, Meri likes it, but isn’t settled. Back to Janelle and Christine’s kids couch interview and Savannah said she adores Flagstaff and the mountains, Ysabel said it is so much better than Vegas, Gabe said he still longs for Vegas, but Flagstaff isn’t too terrible. Robyn tells her kids they have to go with the flow, pray God has a plan to find the next place. Robyn and Kody (no kids) Robyn feels when God takes something away that is cool and important he has something else in store, a bigger plan, and she has seen it in her life. Kody tells the kids they need to find a house that will work, and few rentals are big enough. Kody and Robyn (no kids) Robyn said they need to give God the time to provide the rental. Kody suggests maybe God is providing the house he wants them to buy. Robyn doesn’t agree, doesn’t think God would delay the move out to Coyote Pass. Kody tells Aurora, Dayton and Breanna to start boxing up the things they don’t use, and says sorry for the pressure. Breanna asks if they are still thinking about doing the one house? Kody said some of the wives don’t like/want to do it, mainly Christine is against it. Kody asks Breanna what she thinks, and she said might be fun. Janelle and Christine’s kids are asked about the one house, and Gabe said it would be cool, but doesn’t think the moms would be down for it, that they like their own space. Truly said she wants the one big house, thinks the moms are crazy, and “loco in the coco”, and they could just get a mansion. Ysabel tells Truly you should tell mom that, and Truly looks directly at the camera and says mom I want you to know this you are loco in the coco. 

Christine is hosting Maddie and Caleb’s gender reveal for all those in Flagstaff. Maddie and Caleb will video chat, and they’ll have it on the TV screen. Kody and his wives have a couch interview, and Kody asks Robyn if they had another baby what would it be? Robyn said she already knows, it would be a boy. That would bring the total to 11 girls. 8 boys. Robyn said Solomon was hanging out with her for years before he was born, so was Ari, and she knew Ari’s personality before she was born. Robyn said it doesn’t have to do with their faith, or polygamy, it was just a feeling. Back to the gender reveal, Janelle made a dessert, and Kody complimented Christine thinking she had made them. Janelle said she took it as a compliment that Kody thought Christine made them. Robyn with the other adults said Kody constantly mixes up which wife did what. Kody said complimenting one wife for what another did is a side effect of polygamy. Some of the older kids are shown attending via FaceTime: Hunter, Aspyn and Mariah. Aspyn guesses it is a boy, and Mariah said gender is a social construct, Audrey guesses girl. Christine said (but they aren’t shown) Mykelti and Tony guess boy. Christine on the couch with the adults said she knows the sex of the baby, Caleb told her, and Kody said it is because you pestered him. Christine said she visited Maddie and Caleb a week after Janelle did, and Caleb offered to tell her, and it was a very special moment for her. (We have seen over the years Janelle’s kids are close to Christine, Maddie told Christine she was dating Caleb right after she told her parents. There has been no mention if Maddie has learned about the anomalies the baby has yet.) Christine said her kids have told Robyn secrets she doesn’t know, and Janelle thinks it is cool the kids can confide in other adults. Kody said he never learns secrets early, and he has never know about anything before anyone else. Maddie and Caleb poll the crowd, most vote girl, the kids pop these things and pink confetti comes out. Kody with the wives says I win the bet. Christine laughs and said it isn’t about them having a baby, it is about you winning a bet, and Robyn says something to that effect. Maddie is due mid August, I think she is 22 weeks along, and said she is more tired this pregnancy, chasing a toddler around, and has no community to help. Janelle is worries about not having a support network, and Kody wishes they were closer. 

Three weeks ago was the lot debacle (last episode). Robyn in a solo interview said she had a miscommunication with Meri. Meri in a solo interview said Kody told Robyn and her they were getting the same property. Robyn goes to Meri’s house to discuss it. In solo interviews both agree they used to be really close, and Robyn said when she was pregnant with Ari Meri had some stuff going on (presumably the cat fishing incident). Meri in a solo said a few years ago she was in a deep dark place, she distanced herself from the family, and and her relationship with Robyn became strained. They both said they are now trying to work on their relationship. Meri tells Robyn she had no problem with Robyn the day of the lot debacle. Robyn said the same for her, and it wasn’t about the property, they are all beautiful, and she will make do with whatever. Meri tells Robyn about when Kody took her (Meri) to the property, and he said Christine wants this lot, Janelle wants that lot, Robyn will go here, and I figure I will put you back, behind in the very far back, behind the trees (not directly quoted). Robyn in a solo said Kody told both of them (Meri and Robyn) the other person had chosen, but really neither of them had chosen. Robyn thinks this is common in plural marriage and the husband forgets which conversation he had with which wife. Meri tells Robyn she is alright, and Robyn tells Meri she will make do with whatever lots she gets. Robyn in a solo interview said because of math someone always picks last, you won’t always be first. Meri in a solo said sometimes as a plural wife your needs aren’t met, and it is hard. Meri said the magic happens when they all feel like they got first choice, all have what they want and need, and are happy for others (I’m guessing this doesn’t happen often). Kody in a solo said there is no way to make all his wives feel like the favorite, he tries to make his relationships functional. Meri in a solo said it is no secret she and Kody have struggled, and she is not looking for an out, if she wanted an out she wouldn’t be in Flagstaff. Robyn in a solo said she doesn’t want to be a family without Meri. Meri and Robyn (just the two of them) Meri said to Robyn when you (Robyn) walked off, she realized it was out of character. Meri in a solo said she knows Robyn has a lot of stress. Robyn in a solo said she and Kody have had bad days with rent vs buy, and and it makes her want to go to war with Kody, he doesn’t get to push her around, part of Robyn wants to tell him you want to fight, I can fight back. Robyn tells Meri she is mad, upset, frustrated, and concerned about bedrooms. Meri tells Robyn she found a rental. Robyn in a solo said she and Meri are on the same page, not buying, she isn’t sure if Christine and Janelle are, and she could use their support. Robyn is not sure if being at odds with Kody will cause serious damage to their relationship, but in marriage sometimes you have to figure out what hill you are willing to die on, and she is fighting for what is right, her family. 

Robyn’s rental has sold, they have 60 days to move out. Robyn and Kody gather the kids to tell them they have to move in 60 days, and have no idea where they are moving. Robyn tells the kids it is difficult to find a rental, Kody says no rental, he’s going to make an offer on a house, sorry but they need to buy a house, and he knows Robyn doesn’t like it, and he hasn’t talked her into it yet. Robyn says to Kody in front of the kids they don’t have to buy, they have time to keep looking for a rental. Robyn and Kody (no kids) Kody feels buying is the only choice. Robyn is clearly pissed, and said God is not limited to the rules of this earth, and He will provide a rental on His own timetable. Kody says God is telling them they need to do something else, and Robyn said God is not telling her that. Robyn and Kody with the older kids (Dayton, Aurora and Breanna) Robyn says they don’t have to buy a house, Kody says they barely have time to buy, close and move. Kody tells the kids buying might push back the move out to Coyote Pass, it might. Robyn in a solo says it will set us back, not might, and the decision to buy doesn’t just affect her kids, but the whole family. Meri, Janelle and Christine in a couch interview Christine says she sees both sides, she bought. Kody in a solo said buying Christine’s house made them struggle for a while, it set them back a bit, and Robyn doesn’t want to be the person to set them back financially, and set back the move to CP. Robyn in a solo said she doesn’t get why Kody doesn’t get it is a problem. Kody in a solo said Robyn isn’t listening to what they market is yelling at them, and the message from God isn’t to find a rental, the message from God is grow up and buy a house. Kody tells the kids they need a house now, and they can’t build a house on CP in 60 days. Robyn tells the kids this has been a fight between her and Kody. Aurora said she was looking forward to moving to CP, she’s 17, time before college is limited, and she wanted to live together before college, but sees that isn’t an option, but doesn’t want to set back things even further by buying. Meri, Janelle and Christine couch interview again, and Christine said Robyn’s house was great for family gatherings, her (Christine’s) house and Janelle’s were too small, Meri is moving again, and they need a place big enough for everyone to get together. Back to Kody, Robyn and the older kids, Kody tells the kids it is exhausting, there’s nothing to rent, they can buy, plan to build on CP, and rent the house they bought as an income property. Robyn in a solo said she wants to scream at the top of her lungs she doesn’t care about the investment portfolio, their family is most important. Kody in a solo said Robyn is stonewalling the purchase. Kody says to the older kids that Robyn has rejected every house that doesn’t have 5 bedrooms, and Robyn said Kody that is not because of the girls sharing a room, someone will have to share in a 5 bedroom, honestly they need a 6 bedroom home, and Kody said he’s never seen a 6 bedroom on the market. Robyn says to the crowd it isn’t about Aurora and Breanna sharing a room, that may happen anyway. The girls look upset. Kody tells Robyn she has made his point for him, they have to buy, and Robyn said a rental will pop up, it will happen, she believes 100% that God will provide a rental. Kody tells the kids he and Robyn have been fighting about this. Robyn in a solo said Kody has been intense, combative and they are fighting more than they have in a long time. Kody in a solo said he is getting close to buying house without her, and that those are threatening words, and he would rather be a team then go to war in order to house his children. Kody said Robyn wants him to be loyal to her belief they will find a rental, and it is causing a major schism in their relationship. 

Kody tells the kids there are no rentals, and Aurora is getting visibly upset, breathing rapidly. Kody says they haven’t found any 5 bedroom places. Robyn in a solo worries delaying building (by buying) will upset the family culture and it will be irreparable. Robyn doesn’t want her kids raised as four separate families, she wants a one family mindset. Kody in a solo said he is desperate and something crazy is on the verge. Kody tells the kids this is why things have been so dramatic and stressful. Robyn asks Aurora is she is ok, and Aurora asked because of this, or because I (Aurora) am twitching? Robyn and Kody (no kids) said Aurora has been having panic attacks, the first sign is when she starts to twitch, and they are triggered by stress, and Kody said it stresses her out when they aren’t totally in love and harmonious. Robyn walks over to Aurora, Aurora asks can they stop with the power battle word. Kody asks what do you mean? Aurora struggles with her words, and starts to cry. Dayton asks is it really that bad? Kody said it is stressful. Aurora in a solo interview said it is difficult to think and process, her thoughts are going a million miles an hour, and no where at all. Robyn said she needs to get Aurora to her bedroom, she is in the attack, can’t talk or walk, and Kody carries her up to the bedroom. Robyn and Kody are talking to Aurora in her bedroom, the door is slanted so we can hear, but can’t see anything, they are simply trying to get her to focus on them, and calm her down. Robyn and Kody (no kids) Robyn says it is heartbreaking, and she feels like she somehow did this to Aurora. Kody said he knows they didn’t do this to her, the stress in their lives is something he has no control over, he never asked to move (out of this rental), or for the house to be for sale. Breanna and Dayton talk to each other, and Breanna said she doesn’t want to keep moving, and wants to find a permanent home. Dayton said he had no idea Aurora was that stressed out. Aurora in a solo interview said she has panic attacks 4-5 times a week, she can identify the triggers- being upset, exhausted, high stress, and her shoulders and torso start to shake, tremors, and by the time she is in the middle of one she is hyperventilating can’t walk, talk or do anything by herself. Kody with Robyn (no kids) said this is the worst he has ever seen Aurora. Robyn said Aurora is an overachiever, gets great grades, takes honors and AP classes, and is a hard worker. Kody alone in the kitchen says to the camera talking about the need to move set her off, and they are seeing a doctor about it (the panic attacks). Robyn and Kody (no kids) Robyn says the next step is to find a rental, God will provide, and Kody mouths what the (nothing follow the word the). Kody said if he can get the kids to love a house for sale, maybe Robyn will lighten up about buying. 

Next episode the wives visit Mariah and Audrey. Mariah and Audrey discuss having kids.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

@ifosterkittensthank you for the recap i applaude you as i'm tired and annoied with te adults just reading your recap i  can immagine how boring it has to be to watch it

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I haven’t finished the episode yet but its really difficult to watch Robyn be so stressed out about a house while Meri sits in that huge place by herself. I know this would never happen bc Meri needs to have the same size house as everyone else or else she gets pissed but LET ROBYNS FAMILY LIVE THERE!!! Then Meri could just find a smaller house/apt (which is probably easier to find) or she could just stay there too. Honestly, it’s temporary!! Suck it up!! (Again, this would never happen but it’s so frustrating to watch when there is such an easy solution that normal people would choose easily.) 

Also, why can’t her kids share rooms for a little while?? That is also wild to me. 

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think another poster said that Meri has to move again too. 

• Upvote 2

I know one of Robyn's children is attending NAU. (Proud NAU alumni here, class of 2002.) However, it's almost obscene to me that the whole family has to move for this. Plant Robyn in  a rental for a semester and let Kody and the other wives look after the other children. After a semester, reassess how many if any of the family needs to move to Flagstaff permanently. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

I haven’t finished the episode yet but its really difficult to watch Robyn be so stressed out about a house while Meri sits in that huge place by herself. I know this would never happen bc Meri needs to have the same size house as everyone else or else she gets pissed but LET ROBYNS FAMILY LIVE THERE!!! Then Meri could just find a smaller house/apt (which is probably easier to find) or she could just stay there too. Honestly, it’s temporary!! Suck it up!! (Again, this would never happen but it’s so frustrating to watch when there is such an easy solution that normal people would choose easily.) 

Also, why can’t her kids share rooms for a little while?? That is also wild to me. 

In a previous episode, Meri said her rental house was being sold by the owners and she'd have to move.

• Upvote 1

Season 14 Episode 11 Being Gay and Religious 

The four sister wives visit Mariah and Audrey in Chicago, Kody is at home with the kids. Sister wives (SW) on couch, Janelle thinks it is funny their children have these full lives away from them, and asks can you fit me in? Meri said yes I’m visiting you, why didn’t you clear your whole schedule? Robyn in a solo interview said living so far apart in Flagstaff makes the idea of getting the SW together a little stressful, and she is getting away from Kody and the disagreement over whether to buy. Christine in a solo interview said there have been some intense moments recently, and now they get to have fun. The SW are having a meal together in Chicago and Christine asks about the rentals, anyone thinking of buying? Meri is not thinking of buying, got a rental with a one year lease. Robyn is a solo interview said Meri agreed to a one year lease, she wouldn’t agree to a one year lease because she had a one year lease with her current rental, and now has to move, and it is horrible. Robyn tells the SW she is hoping for a miracle, to find a rental, and Kody is showing her places to buy, and Kody is pushing buying. Robyn in a solo said she is desperate not to buy, that will delay moving to Coyote Pass, and she wants to scream every time she thinks about it, and she and Kody are fighting about it every day. Christine in a solo said Kody and Robyn aren’t doing “super great.” Janelle in a solo said this must be a big issue for Robyn because she generally wouldn’t discuss it with them (her SW). Robyn tells her SW she wants to be back in Vegas, that felt like home, this doesn’t feel like home, and taking down her pictures (presumably while packing the rental) is hard for her. Robyn in a solo said Kody is taking her and the kids to see houses, and she hopes the kids hate the houses because she doesn’t need more pressure to buy. Christine in a solo said when she is struggling with Kody she tends to close in, not talk to anyone including SW, and when she finally talks to the SW they have the same gripes with Kody that she does, and it is awesome validation that only a SW could understand. Christine also sees the benefits of Robyn and Kody’s side of rent versus buy, and says she bought. Janelle in a solo said she is team whatever works out, believes God has their back, and has led them on a path, and it is hard to wait. Meri in a solo is talking, but not making any sense, and says forget it, and said she doesn’t think God cares where she lives. Christine tells the SW it is good to talk about the property without Kody. Meri in a solo recaps the property lot drama. Christine in a solo says what happened at the property is indicative of how they are operating right now, very separate. Janelle says to the SW it got intense (property drama), and she likes trips with the core group,  enjoys being away from the kids and Kody. Janelle says to her SW the SW are the core group, Kody isn’t part of the core group. Christine toasts with water to their new adventure. Christine in a solo said there are ebbs and flows of who you do and don’t get along with, ups and downs, and she doesn’t want to live with any of them, but will live next to them. Christine tells the SW she loves the ladies, and looks forward to spending the rest of her life with them. 

The SW arrive at Mariah and Audrey’s apartment, Meri loves their dog Mosby. Christine tells the crowd (SW plus Mariah and Audrey) Mariah looks healthy, and it is good to see her in her life, and she is not so mad she moved away because she sees Mariah is happy. Mariah and Audrey get their own couch interview the rest of this paragraph is just Mariah and Audrey couch interview. Mariah said Meri and Mosby (the dog) have a bond, they are buddies. Mariah and Audrey said it is good to see the moms, it has been a while, Audrey says they miss them, and they’ve been together 2.5 years and it’s going well. Mariah said part of her sexual awakening was finding out she liked Audrey, and thought maybe I am gay, and they knew each other a year before they started dating. Mariah said Audrey was her first date with a woman, well first real date ever, they were both nervous on the first date. Audrey didn’t know it was Mariah’s first date, and is glad she didn’t know at the time. Mariah said she was awkward on the date, and wanted to hold Audrey’s hand and told herself she would do it when Audrey got back from the bathroom, but didn’t, and Audrey grabbed her hand. Audrey said that is a theme in their relationship, Mariah thinks it, Audrey does it. Mariah did ask Audrey to marry her, so Mariah finally beat Audrey. They both seem very happy. 

Kody is home with the kids in Flagstaff, all the kids are gathered and they are making pizza, Kody is tossing dough. Kody in a solo interview said he doesn’t think any of his kids will be polygamist, and the majority are oriented toward Christianity. Kody said he advocates faith for his kids, and they make the choices about God and religion. He thinks maybe he should have been hard line to get the kids into religion because there are so many things distracting them from religion. He said he enjoys being home with the kids. 

Kody is going to show Truely (9) and Solomon (7) how to ride bikes. Kody has them pinky swear while all holding their hands in the air to be brave. Both kids wear helmets while on the bikes. Kody said Christine said she had some bad experiences trying to teach Truely to ride, so he took Truely to pick out a new bike to get her excited about riding a bike. Truely and Solomon get a couch interview, and Truely said she is nervous about riding a bike, and nervous it won’t go well. Kody in a solo interview said he didn’t realize when buying Truely’s bike she was going to have major issues. Kody has Truely walking her feet on the ground while on the bike, and tells her not to look at her feet, to look ahead, the bike falls, and Truely said that’s why she need Kody to hold the bike, and groans in frustration. Solomon’s bike is smaller, so Kody thinks it might be easier for Truely, and Truely is saying she doesn’t feel safe, don’t ride close to her, dad you’re going to fast, please don’t, and she wants to stop. Kody in a solo interview said he’s trying to be patient. Truely said she doesn’t want to ride the bike, and Kody told her that’s too bad, and Truely said I should be able to choose what I want, and Kody told her she was too young to choose. Truely and Solomon on the couch and Truely said it’s not fair, it’s her body, her choice, and she won’t ride a bike. Kody tells Truely there is no crying in baseball to which Truely responds this isn’t baseball, and Kody said it is bike riding which is easier than baseball. Truely tells Kody she’s trying her best, and Kody said no you’re not, Truely walks off, Solomon rides off. Kody in a solo interview said as a parent he is aware something underlying could be going on, something he doesn’t understand and he will consult her mother and try again another time. 

The SW are at lunch with Mariah and Audrey. Four months ago Mariah and Audrey went to Flagstaff to announce their engagement. Audrey said her mom sent a wedding planning book, but they don’t know where to start, and agree they are enjoying being happily engaged. Meri said she knows Mariah’s sisters want to throw her an engagement party, and Meri wants to throw one too. Mariah is not excited about the two engagement parties, and thinks it’s weird. Meri wants to host it at her Bed and Breakfast in Utah. Meri tells just the SW in a couch interview Mariah thinks everything she (Meri) thinks is weird. Robyn says to the group two showers is ok because there are two brides. Christine says the rule of SW is when two SW agree on something it is a fact. Audrey is on board with the 2 showers, Mariah is not. Janelle said she isn’t saying anything, won’t win, is bowing out. Christine said Apsyn didn’t let her do so many things (wedding related), same with Mykelti. In a Mariah and Audrey couch interview Mariah said Audrey never backs her up, and Audrey said she is always down for a party. Audrey tells the crowd we aren’t like other couples, so why not two showers, and Mariah said she feels ganged up on. Christine tells the SW in a couch interview it is interesting Mariah is digging her heels in and Christine said to Meri you may be just as stubborn about wanting to have the shower, and Meri said she doesn’t know what Christine is talking about. Mariah tells the crowd she wanted an October wedding, Audrey wanted August so they agreed on September, and that is all they have picked, the month not the day or year. Audrey said she likes how 2022 rolls off the tongue, but doesn’t want to wait another year, and the moms like 2020, and Christine suggests February 20, 2020. Audrey said they want to have children on the 29th because both of their birthdays are on the 29th. In a SW couch interview Meri said they have talked babies, and she is ok with that. Robyn said well there are two wombs, and Janelle said however it happens there will be grand babies. Mariah and Audrey have a couch interview and said they want two kids, Mariah said having an only child sounds horrible. They are not sure how they will have kids, may adopt, Audrey will be the one to carry the pregnancy if they go that route. Mariah said she never had the desire to be pregnant or give birth. All six (SW plus Mariah and Audrey) are chatting and Mariah relented and said she is ok with something at Lizzie’s (Meri’s BnB in Utah), and called it cute, which pleased Meri. 

Meri with the SW in a couch interview said she remembers the day Mariah told the parents she was gay, she felt like the worst mom in that moment. They show the footage of when Mariah came out to the adults in 2016. Meri still with her SW said she was grateful Mariah had three moms that reacted better than she did, and all the thoughts and ideas she had for Mariah’s life changed, and Mariah coming out was a shock to her. Meri is glad she was open to it, and has witnessed other people reject their child or family member for it, and she can’t imagine rejecting her child, and not knowing who she truly is. Christine tells the SW she is happy to be a part of the kids lives, and she said if they followed their old church, and she said it would be too horrible to finish the thought of rejecting your child for who they are. Christine said Meri had talked to Mariah about being a sister wife because Mariah had shown interest in being one. Mariah and Audrey in a couch interview Mariah said in her teens she felt devoted to the church she was raised in, and she wanted to live polygamy, and thinks it was a way to protect herself. Mariah said she is grateful for the way her parents raised her and her upbringing, but at the same time it was very painful, it was hard to be gay and religious at the same time. Mariah has considered many times what life would be like if they hadn’t moved to Vegas, and she guesses she would have married a man who had a few wives, lived that life a few years, hated her life and eventually she would have left. Mariah said after she came out Kody told her that several years ago he (Kody) had a conversation with God, and God told Kody you love, I judge, and Kody said all I do is love. Mariah said when religious institutions follow certain rules it leaves some people marginalized, and she felt that way by her church. She does not feel that way by her family, and her family loves her, they love Audrey, and they love Mariah and Audrey’s love for each other. 

In Flagstaff Kody and the kids go out to Coyote Pass, bring a couple of picnic tables, have a fire pit, and make smores, hot dogs and hobo dinners. In the background I spotted Mykelti and an older woman, looks like a grandma, but not sure whose mother she is (maybe Robyn or Kody’s mom??), if anyone knows who please say so. Savannah, Ysabel, Gabe, Breanna and Aurora have a couch interview, and Savannah said for lack of a better term her dad is a scatter brain. Ysabel said she likes that he is trying, watching over all of them, and appreciates the effort of him trying. Kody in a solo episode said Robyn needs to be out of her rental in seven weeks, and there is no new rental, and they haven’t made an offer on a house, and now Robyn is out of town. Kody said Robyn is faithfully sticking to renting, and they flashback to last week’s episode of Kody versus Robyn, buy vs rent. Aurora on the couch with her siblings said packing up the house without knowing where they are going is stressful and scary, and while Robyn has been gone she has been having tremors and twitching and she is trying to hide it the best she can, and it is stressful and hard when all she wants to do is have fun. Kody in a solo interview said what the kids are experiencing with this bon fire fun (and the kids all do appear to be having a good time with one another) is why he wants to build one home, so they can have this experience perpetually, and he is sad the wives said it wouldn’t work, and thinks it is weird they forgot about things that do work. Kody said most of the kids haven’t lived in one house, or were young when they did, and he isn’t sure they have the same camaraderie as the older kids. Solomon and Truely have a couch interview and the both say they really like Coyote Pass. In the sibling interview (Gabe, Savannah, Ysabel, Aurora and Breanna) Gabe said he likes being at Coyote Pass with his siblings, and Savannah said she likes the peacefulness of it. Kody tells the kids while at the bon fire they will line the pond and put fish in it. Kody in a solo interview said he doesn’t know how soon they will get out to Coyote Pass, it is costing a lot, and all it gives them is hope. He hopes to be able to start building in a year, and won’t speculate on worst case scenario. 

The SW go with Mariah and Audrey to go axe throwing. There is some axe humor. Mariah and Audrey in a couch interview Audrey says she played men’s tackle football in high school, and she wasn’t good, but it was great and she had fun. Audrey said there were fewer than five female players in the state, she started as a kicker, was put on the line, it was her job to tackle, and she wasn’t good, but she had her own cheering squad, and of course a few people commented is that a woman? Mariah is the champion of the axe throwing, and the SW said they could put one on the Coyote Pass property. Robyn talking to the group (SW and Mariah/Audrey) said she was sorry for being in her own head, not being much fun, being a party pooper. Christine said yes Robyn you were (not in a mean way), Meri tells Christine to stop, and Robyn tears up, Christine apologizes for what she said (it was clearly joking around). Robyn in a solo interview said Aurora was texting her during the axe throwing saying she was having a panic attack, and she had to talk her through it. Robyn tells the group she has so much pressure with finding a rental, the kids at home are melting down and need her, and she wanted to throw an axe in places she shouldn't, the crowds laughs. Robyn in a solo asked why am I here (In Chicago)? She feels unsafe with the house situation, and having so many arguments with Kody. Robyn tells the crowd Mariah and Audrey seem so happy, and she is happy they signed a two year lease. Mariah and Audrey in a couch interview Mariah says she doesn’t want to the plan the wedding, she finds it daunting, and wants someone to plan it for her, but who would she trust to do that, and she doesn’t want to pay someone to do it, and Audrey said we can’t even get a headcount, how do we plan a wedding? Christine wants to make a toast to the crowd. They cut to a SW couch interview and Meri said Christine always wants to toast because she can’t toast in a toaster, the SW laugh, and Christine said oh you are so funny. (Back in season 1 Christine was very anti toaster) Christine proceeds to say there are two reasons 1. they had so many kids, and everyone wanted toast at one time, that toasting in a two slot toaster took too long and 2. people die of toasters every year, and only 3-5 people die from a shark each year so you might as well have a shark on the counter. Back to the crowd, and Meri toasts that she loves seeing Mariah and Audrey together, and Mariah for being an awesome daughter. The SW agree there has been a lot of stress, and the trip was a nice break. Robyn in a solo interview said the four SW have a lot of fun together, and Kody can be a fly in the ointment, his presence can create issues, and they didn’t have to worry about that on this trip, and the focus was on the SW relationships. 

Next time Robyn, Kody and Aurora are looking at a house to buy, and Kody tells Aurora it would mean switching schools, and Robyn said no to switching schools. Christine shares with Aspyn she said no to the one house. 

• Thank You 4

11 hours ago, Scrappinmac said:

In a previous episode, Meri said her rental house was being sold by the owners and she'd have to move.

Got it, yes I just heard them talking about it in the "Gay and Religious" episode too.  I still feel like they could save a lot of money by having kids share a bedroom for a little while while they build?  Or maybe Meri doesn't need SUCH a huge house? (Although on that podcast they mentioned that Meri's huge elevator house was still cheaper than the other wives' houses so who knows.)  Their financial decisions are mystifying. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri