IGNORED

New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri

Tatar-tot

Yeah, I think Mariah would understand if Meri left. Mariah has to know how unhappy her mom is and that things just haven't work between her parents for a long time. 

Kody not knowing about Ysabel wanting to go to college in NC says a lot about how involved he is as a father. These types of conversations have likely been going on on a regular basis, so it shouldn't be on Christine to have to tell Kody about it. It makes me wonder how often he's at Christine's. 

Kody's also being ridiculous with spending Christmas as a family crap. He's got a bunch of adult kids, several of whom are married or engaged, they are going to be doing their own things for holidays. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

On 4/6/2020 at 9:10 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

How old were Kody and Meri when they 1st got married? They both look really young. Kody's histrionics about being betrayed with a relationship that wasnt what he thought it was. Sheesh Kody. People change and grow over the years. That's why you take off the rose colored glasses. There are times when Kody sounds as immature as Jeremy Roloff, and Kody is old enough to be Jeremy's father. 

Kody (21) and Meri (19)

Kody (3 days after turning 24) and Jenelle (23)

Kody (25) and Christine (3 weeks before turning 22)

Kody (41) and Robyn (32)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Season 14 Episode 15 Two Moms, One Daughter

Twelve days ago Kody and Christine flew out to North Carolina, no birth yet, Kody and Christine went home. Janelle stayed to help with Axel, Christine flew back out to NC, waiting for Maddie to give birth now two days from Maddie’s due date. Janelle in a couch interview with Christine said she is thankful Christine came out, asks what monogamist do. Janelle said she and Christine were a co-team, coparented. Christine said Janelle is one of the first people she will call for help. Janelle said Maddie is close with Christine, glad she is here for the birth, Robyn has her hands full in Flagstaff, and Meri is working like a maniac. Caleb is an elevator mechanic, plans on going to work the next day, work site a few hours from the birthing center. Kody has his bag packed and is on call. 

Kody and Robyn do a couch interview. They recount all the rent vs buy drama. Kody said if God delivers a rental at the last minute he will take it. Robyn with Kody on the couch wonders what is the delay, said she has her suspicions. (My opinion: Robyn is really trying to play the persecuted polygamist. They have bought several houses and pieces of property between Las Vegas, Coyote Pass lots, and Christine’s home in Flagstaff, shouldn’t they know they need to have everyone’s financials ready to submit by now?) Kody wonders is it a paperwork problem or a qualifying problem. Robyn said when Kody is attached to a mortgage it takes longer, Kody said we are all in this together (his name is on every mortgage), and Robyn said she isn’t married to three other women. Robyn and Kody meet with a mortgage consultant (MC). Kody tells MC they were resistant to buying, and Kody said he said this to shield Robyn from blame. The MC tells them the appraisal came in twenty thousand dollars over purchase price (good news for the Browns), the file is still in underwriting. The MC said their financial situation is very complex, and it could be two weeks before they are done, keys in hand. Kody asks the MC if they’ll get approved, and the MC seems optimistic. The MC said he doesn’t think he has ever worked with polygamist before. Robyn said she is the reason why it took so long to make an offer. 

Today is Madison’s due date, she goes to the birthing center for a routine checkup. Janelle and Christine entertain Axel in the parking lot. Maddie is done being pregnant, and does not recommend having a baby in the middle of the summer. Lydia, the midwife, said she could sweep Maddie’s membranes today, or in a week at 41 weeks. Janelle explains sweeping/stripping the membrane, and Christine said it is a form of torture. Janelle said Caleb is great with Maddie and stays calm when she gets feisty. Maddie likes the freedom the birth center provides, and doesn’t feel birth in an emergent situation. She is 4 cm dilated, 50% effaced. Maddie said she wants to talk to Caleb before stripping the membrane, it could induce labor, and she would prefer to have a plan in place first. Maddie fills Janelle and Christine in, and Janelle said she would have the membranes stripped, and Maddie said it isn’t you, and Janelle said good call, fair point. Janelle and Christine agree it is up to Maddie. Janelle in a couch interview with Christine said Maddie and Caleb are good with checking with each other before committing to something, and Janelle asks is that how monogamy works? You have to check with your spouse? Christine said she was talking to Mykelti about coming to visit, and Mykelti said she would check with Tony, and Christine was confused, said it doesn’t make sense. Janelle said she never checked with Kody to do something, she just did it. Christine comments it’s monogamist. 

Kody in a solo interview said Grandma Sheryl, Janelle’s mom, is taking care of Gabe and Savannah, and he checks in on them. Kody said he tries to check in on as many kids as he can when moms are out of town. He makes an effort to touch base almost daily. Gabe is working on his laptop, and tells Kody he is studying the economic effect of high school dropouts. Kody in a solo said Gabe spent his summer doing online school, he is trying to skip senior year, and start college a year early. Kody tells Gabe he doesn’t know how he got all these smart kids because he is a bonehead, said several kids have done well mathematically (his word). Kody asks Gabe to explain what he is doing with school because Janelle hasn’t filled him in. Gabe said he discovered if he could graduate early and maintain his GPA he could start at Northern Arizona University (NAU) early for no tuition. Gabe is taking his entire senior year of school over the summer. Kody asks Gabe why NAU instead of UNLV, Gabe said because he could start early and still get a full ride. Kody asks Gabe is he glad they live in Flagstaff now (after telling us in a solo Gabe was most resistant to moving), and Gabe said it is alright. In a solo Gabe said he wants Kody to understand he missed opportunities because of the move, but he is not bitter, he has picked himself up and gotten back to work. 

Later the same day for Maddie. After the checkup, on the way home, in the car Maddie started to feel some contractions, so she suggested they stay in town (close to the birthing center), and they went to hang out at the mall. Maddie got out of the truck at the mall, and her water broke, they head back to the midwife. Caleb is two hours away. Maddie gets in the tub, filled with water hoping it will stall labor until Caleb arrives. Maddie said Caleb would never forgive himself if he missed the birth. Janelle said it is hard to see your child in pain, and Maddie is determined, and willing to suffer while waiting for Caleb. Caleb said Maddie called every 15 minutes asking where he was. It was Friday, 5pm, rush hour in bumper to bumper traffic. Both Janelle and Christine admit they would have had road rage trying in that situation, and take turns watching Axel and reassuring Maddie. Caleb arrives, Maddie moves to the bed, and the cameras leave the room, she asked for some privacy. You can hear everything just outside the door. 

Christine said Maddie was on all four during contractions, when the contraction is over, Maddie puts her head down on the pillow, rests/sleeps and everyone is quiet during that time. Caleb was going to catch the baby, but Maddie said she needed him, so Janelle was asked if she wanted to catch the baby, and she said yes. Janelle said she washed her hands, and Christine told her maybe put on some gloves, and Janelle said she was so flustered she was oh yeah, gloves. They show a picture of Janelle and Lydia holding the baby just after it was delivered, cord still attached, and Janelle’s face is pure joy and happiness. Axel was the first labor Janelle watched, and she now she got to participate. Maddie said Axel’s labor was 4-5 days, Evie’s was three hours and she described it as fast and furious. Axel said my baby. Evie was born at 6:23pm 8 lbs 12 oz. The baby is on an oxygen masks, she is not maintaining her oxygen saturation on room air. Christine said Evie is struggling, her color is fading, she’s having a hard time breathing. Janelle in tears said Evie is not breathing well on her own, and will likely have to go to UNC. Lydia the midwife said it is Transient Tachypnea of the Newborn (TTN), she is breathing too fast, and needs oxygen. Evie is going to the hospital in an ambulance, Caleb will stay with Evie, and Lydia will stay with Maddie. Maddie won’t be moved to the hospital until she is stabilized, she lost a lot of blood and was in shock. They distract Maddie so she doesn’t see the EMTs taking Evie away. Christine was outside with Axel, and she recounted through tears there are a few times in her life when she has genuinely been scared, and seeing the ambulance pull up knowing it was for Evie was awful. Christine said Caleb looked devastated, helpless and he was doing his best to hold everything together. 

Cameras are not permitted in the hospital, so we jump to three days after Evie’s birth. Janelle tells us they went to the hospital as a precaution because of the TTN, and now Evie is perfectly healthy, and being released. They arrive at Maddie’s home, and the adults (Kody, Janelle and Christine) fight who gets to hold Evie. Kody missed the birth, and Maddie said she knows he was sad to miss it, but his presence wasn’t going to make or break it. The evening of Evie’s birth once Kody arrived Janelle asks Kody if he heard the whole name. Maddie said Evangalynn Kodi, and he said oh and softy chuckled. Janelle said she has never seen such a pure gentle smile, he was in awe and clearly very touched. Kody said he is flattered (he seemed genuinely touched). Maddie said the whole name is a tribute to family Eva for Caleb’s grandma, Ga (pronounced Ja like Janelle) Lynn for Caleb’s mom, Evie K for short. The adults say she doesn’t look like a newborn, and has an intensity that is engaging. Maddie said early in the pregnancy they learned, but were hesitant and leery to talk about it until now. Evie K has FATCO Syndrome, she  is missing a fibula, has a bowed tibia, missing a toe, missing two fingers and a thumb, has two fingers fused, and a one finger webbed to the fused fingers. Fibular Aplasia, Tibial Campomelia and Olgosyndactyly Syndrome (FATCO). FATCO is a collection of findings of her unique situation, it is a genetic anomaly, they don’t know what causes it, and it is commonly called limb difference. Maddie said Evie’s collective findings are extremely rare, not much is known about it, and they were not transferred to the hospital because of FATCO, they were transferred because of her oxygen saturation, her lungs weren’t working properly. Maddie said no one wants to find out their child will have hardships, but this is what she has been dealt. Evie said she is special, but don’t want this to be a limitation, and she is a fierce fighter who can do whatever she sets her mind to. 

Janelle said she doesn’t see the differences, and she has bright engaging eyes. Janelle said the biggest challenge is her legs are different lengths, she will be able to crawl, and the development is the same until she starts walking. Her legs to the knee are the same, but below the knee one leg is significantly shorter, and she will need a prosthetic or surgery to lengthen the foot (according to Janelle). Caleb asks how many kids they had in diapers at one time. Christine and Kody said 5, Kody said no 6. Caleb said when he is overwhelmed with his life he talks to Kody who puts it back into perspective and two kids doesn’t seem that bad. Kody said the special thing about plural marriage is two moms of the same child come together to support her and be her community. Kody said it is a special thing to watch and experience. 

Originally this season was supposed to have 16 episodes, this was the 15th episode, but it was called the finale, so we don’t know if/when there will be a tell all for this season. As of now it hasn’t been announced if there will be a 15th season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

That must have been terrifying dealing with Evie having breathing problems, especially knowing there were developmental issues already. It sounds like her issues aren't extreme and there's a lot that can be done to minimize any physical difficulties she'll have as she gets older. 

I don't understand Janelle and Christine being all confused about monogamist couples checking things with each other. Don't they all defer to Kody for most shit? Plus, if she were constantly making decisions without talking to him, then what was the point of having him around? To me, all this sounds like Janelle and Christine are the married couple, and Kody is just the sperm donor who hangs out sometimes. Kody just seems so superfluous. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

To me, all this sounds like Janelle and Christine are the married couple, and Kody is just the sperm donor who hangs out sometimes. Kody just seems so superfluous. 

I've long thought this!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm curious, who do you think of as the best match for Kody if he'd chosen a monogamous marriage? 

I've always thought Janelle was smarter than him but probably balanced him out the best. She seems to react the least to his nonsense and just gets on with things. 

I can also see him being fairly successful with Robyn, but that seems like less of an equal partnership and more of her adoring his superiority. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

That conversation between Gabe and Kody was so awkward. It's obvious from Game's body language that he is still angry at Kody for uprooting him from Las Vegas. But he is trying his best to move on with his life and make the best of the situation. 

I don't think Kody understands this because if Kody had to do something that he did not like he would be complaining about it forever. But Gabe has not forgiven Kody. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm curious, who do you think of as the best match for Kody if he'd chosen a monogamous marriage? 

I've always thought Janelle was smarter than him but probably balanced him out the best. She seems to react the least to his nonsense and just gets on with things. 

I can also see him being fairly successful with Robyn, but that seems like less of an equal partnership and more of her adoring his superiority. 

the interesting thing is I can see him having had a successful marriage with any of them independently. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

To be honest with you, I can't blame Gabe one bit for not forgiving Kody. It's not as if Kody was deployed to Flagstaff or got a huge promotion that required re-location to Flagstaff. Kody did this on a whim and a prayer and by the seat of his pants. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

To be honest with you, I can't blame Gabe one bit for not forgiving Kody. It's not as if Kody was deployed to Flagstaff or got a huge promotion that required re-location to Flagstaff. Kody did this on a whim and a prayer and by the seat of his pants. 

Yes, if I were Gabe, I would be angry too. There are no good reason for them to move and uproot his life. I think he's being really mature about it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Belugaloo said:

the interesting thing is I can see him having had a successful marriage with any of them independently. 

Well, yes but if you take away the other wives (and their role as a distraction or a support system, depending on who we're looking at) and the kids of the other women, who do you really think would make the best long term wife? 

I don't see Christine or Meri being genuinely happy if it was either of them and Kody alone.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Well, yes but if you take away the other wives (and their role as a distraction or a support system, depending on who we're looking at) and the kids of the other women, who do you really think would make the best long term wife? 

I don't see Christine or Meri being genuinely happy if it was either of them and Kody alone.  

well considering Meri was the only one who was married to him without additional wives, id say id give her the best chance with a solo marriage with him. who knows how they would've turned out without the additional wives. We can all talk about her behavior as much as we want but I am sure none of us would be nice if our husbands were married to multiple women lol 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I agree. I understand Meri isn't warm and gregarious but speaking as a fellow introvert I do relate to her. I also think Kody has behaved like a horses ass to her at times. I give her credit for not leaving him by now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

If Kody and Christine had had a chance to fall in love naturally I can see them having had a very successful monogamous relationship. They seem to get each other, are both fairly quirky and rather patient with the quirks of others, and (at times) can be rather adorkable.  Kody mentioned in a much earlier episode that Christine was the wife who would get up and dance with him at a party and he’d never realized how much he wanted that because Meri didn’t do that (he didn’t mention Janelle in that story so I’m assuming she didn’t either.) They’re two peas in a pod, which is why I think it would have worked. They also both seem to enjoy more of the same things.

I don’t think Janelle would have been able to put up with Kody long-term in a monogamous relationship. Kody likes to be the boss and have people fawn over him and Janelle likes independence too much. She would probably constantly be hurting his feelings by doing things without running them by him...I guess maybe it makes sense in a polygamous relationship but spouses prefer to be told if their SO is heading out of town...or at least be asked to join in. Outside of family, they don’t seem to have in common. I think the only thing mentioned on the show they both like is hiking.

I can see him and Meri maybe working as monogamists from an “opposites attract” standpoint. When the show started they’d already been married 20 years and still seemed rather fond of each other and rather loving. They probably would have balanced each other out nicely and she wouldn’t have felt pressured to have more kids.
Jury’s still out on Robyn. I kind of think that in a monogamous relationship Robyn would be the one to leave him. She hasn’t been very impressed with the manic side of him this season, while the other wives all seem resigned to letting him have his way. If he wants to move again I can see that ending the relationship.

Interesting thought: people often talk about how the dynamic changed when Robyn came into the family (and it did), but she brought three kids with her and quickly had Solomon after getting married. Up until then there has only been 11 kids in the family who all grew up together (Truly wasn’t born until right before Robyn and Kody got married and there was a gap between her and Janelle’s last so I’m not counting her). 
11 kids divided between 4 adults means 2.75 kids/adult. There was plenty of adult attention and one-on-one time happening. That’s a much better ration of kids to parents than most families followed on here with two parents and 6-12 kids. The quick addition of Truly and then Robyn’s kids took the family from 11-16 kids in about a two-year span. I think that’s when things really started changing. And although none of the kids have said it (everything is always focused on the wives having less time), suddenly your dad has extra kids that weren’t part of your growing up years and family history and I think that had a lot to do with some of the issues when they moved to Vegas (besides just the move).

Edited by DalmatianCat
Forgot some names
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 2:19 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It looks like Christine is struggling trying to get a "down payment" so Ysabel can have the scoliosis surgery.

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-christine-tries-to-raise-50000-surgery-co-pay-fans-slam-kody-brown/

That poor girl should have had the surgery years ago. Before they even moved to Arizona and spent an obscene amount of money on houses and a move no one needed. Medical issues like that are easier to overcome at 14 instead of now. I understand why they waited but the doctors told them they shouldn't.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

Their $ problems are due to misplaced priorities and foolish spending decisions. Who "needs" an $890,000 house when your child needs surgery?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Baby Evie had some surgery recently to improve her mobility 

Maddie really does seem like a great mom.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I don't really keep up with this family, but last night I ended up down a rabbit hold on Instagram and ended up on Gwendolyn's page. She is ANTI trump. Like, seemingly vehemently so. She also supports BLM and Pride. She said there are definitely siblings that have closer relationships than others, and I respect that as opposed to the Duggars being alllll best friends with each other. She had something posted that she is not interested in living a polygamous lifestyle, but doesn't judge those who choose it for themselves. 

Maybe these things aren't surprising for the Brown kids ( I know Mariah is out and her family has accepted her, but still). Maybe this has already been discussed. But I was pleasantly surprised. Also, the genes of Christine's kids are so strong! I feel like her daughters are clones of her.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

On 8/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

I don't really keep up with this family, but last night I ended up down a rabbit hold on Instagram and ended up on Gwendolyn's page. She is ANTI trump. Like, seemingly vehemently so. She also supports BLM and Pride. She said there are definitely siblings that have closer relationships than others, and I respect that as opposed to the Duggars being alllll best friends with each other. She had something posted that she is not interested in living a polygamous lifestyle, but doesn't judge those who choose it for themselves. 

Maybe these things aren't surprising for the Brown kids ( I know Mariah is out and her family has accepted her, but still). Maybe this has already been discussed. But I was pleasantly surprised. Also, the genes of Christine's kids are so strong! I feel like her daughters are clones of her.

I saw her page recently and noticed the same thing! I also saw that she came out as bisexual on Twitter and has gotten lots of support from Mariah and Mykelti since coming out. I always wonder with the families with a large number of kids, if any of them will be LGBTQ+ because statistically it’s bound to happen eventually.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I was browsing through Christine’s Instagram...she doesn’t have any pictures of her and Kody posted since April. She usually posts normal life stuff of her and her kids at home and comes across as enjoying her life. When the show first started she seemed more into Kody then any of the other wives...now it seems like she really enjoys her “alone” time and I can definitely see why she doesn’t want to share a big house...she’d actually have to see Kody every day and hear his input on her life. I think she took a page from Meri’s book learned to enjoy being independent.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I was browsing through Christine’s Instagram...she doesn’t have any pictures of her and Kody posted since April. She usually posts normal life stuff of her and her kids at home and comes across as enjoying her life. When the show first started she seemed more into Kody then any of the other wives...now it seems like she really enjoys her “alone” time and I can definitely see why she doesn’t want to share a big house...she’d actually have to see Kody every day and hear his input on her life. I think she took a page from Meri’s book learned to enjoy being independent.

Christine always said she wanted to be the third wife. I think she just wanted kids and put up with any husband that came along. Christine is the one with ties to Kingstons/FLDS. Her family is deeply embedded. I don't remember which group but like crazy embedded.

• Upvote 4

• 5 weeks later...
It looks like Christine is struggling trying to get a "down payment" so Ysabel can have the scoliosis surgery.
https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-christine-tries-to-raise-50000-surgery-co-pay-fans-slam-kody-brown/

so the weird doctor’s exercises didn’t work?? i am shocked, SHOCKED, i tell you.

also, i know i’m late, but HUGE eye roll over how kodouche bitched and moaned about how they couldn’t afford that family house/b&b for meri, but uprooting everyone and moving from vegas to flagstaff is fine. (and really? vegas has “changed”, robyn?? no baby doll, it has not, not in the slightest lmfao i was surprised they chose to settle their family there in the first place. it’s not nicknamed “the city of sin” for no reason ...)
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

I don’t follow the Brown’s very closely. Do we know how they’re handling quarantine? Is Kody visiting all his wives?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri