IGNORED

New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri

Tatar-tot

Just a guess, due to her religion, she stays because she wants to 'get into heaven' etc.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Kody says Meri needs that big house for her business.  Just how much inventory does she have onhand?  One room would be too much IMO.  No one would want a huge amount of stock because this thing is going to crash some day and a pile of clothes would be a big loss.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Kody did a podcast, linked below for those interested in a summary by The Ashley.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2020/02/11/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-talks-family-finances-his-disastrous-move-to-arizona-his-favorite-thing-about-each-wife-more-during-podcast-interview/

In a rapid fire round where he was asked to state one thing about each wife that he loves he used “loyalty” to describe Meri which was telling to me.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, clueliss said:

Just a guess, due to her religion, she stays because she wants to 'get into heaven' etc.  

But both Robin and Janelle are divorced, Janelle was married to Meri's brother! I think it's the money.

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

No one would want a huge amount of stock because this thing is going to crash some day and a pile of clothes would be a big loss.  

I've read about huge stashes of Lularoe being dumped at resale and thrift shops. Scam.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Kody did a podcast, linked below for those interested in a summary by The Ashley.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2020/02/11/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-talks-family-finances-his-disastrous-move-to-arizona-his-favorite-thing-about-each-wife-more-during-podcast-interview/

In a rapid fire round where he was asked to state one thing about each wife that he loves he used “loyalty” to describe Meri which was telling to me.

Thanks for linking the podcast I thoroughly enjoyed it! There are a few things I thought were interesting that the Ashley recap didn't include. 

When Kody was 14 his parents felt the conviction of polygamy rang true, and this was something they were going to pursue. Kody thought at that time the LDS church was coming around to it, believed a change in society was coming, and he thought the LDS church (which his family used to belong to) would somehow accept polygamy. The LDS church never accepted polygamy (and make a point to distance themselves from it), so his parents joined a sect that endorsed polygamy, and he joined their church after age 21. He did not mention this, but he did go on an LDS mission prior to joining a polygamist church. 

Kody was asked about his current church structure, and he said he is not FLDS (fundamentalist LDS with Warren Jeffs), but he is fundamentalist Mormon, a term coined by Mormons a century ago. He said they are culturally separated 60-70 years from FLDS, and 100 years separated from LDS. The host asked are their the same structures i.e. wards and religious counsel, and Kody responded "similar but different". 

He was asked to name all 18 kids in order, and he succeeded, and said he looked forward to being a dad ten years before he had kids. 

When asked about finances he said after leaving Vegas they have had entrepreneurial ventures, and had successes and failures, and are still doing multiple things to make ends meet. He gave no specifics. My guess is TLC $ is their only real entrepreneurial success. 

In episode five this season Kody and the wives sat down to discuss lowering the price on Janelle and Christine's house (before Robyn and Meri's were listed), and afterwards Kody stayed behind to talk one on one with Meri. I had a tough time following the conversation, and remember rewinding a few times thinking I had missed something, but now I get why it was so wonky. When the episode aired Kody said he had found homes in St. George, UT, made a presentation, and wanted to move there, and he didn't blame his wives for being scared he blamed the legislation, and in the episode (which I have since deleted so I can't rewatch) it looked like Meri said I had no idea you did all that, and she said no move would have happened quickly-- which seemed odd to me. In the podcast Kody said he had discussed with the wives moving out of Vegas and selling the homes before an economical downturn could turn the value of the properties upside down. He found four homes that had a similar setup to the Vegas homes in St. George, he made a presentation to the family to move right now, and in the process of him presenting to the wives they said we are never moving to Utah. Perhaps the misunderstanding was on my part when watching the episode, but I think it may have been poor editing, and the podcast cleared up the sequence of events. 

Kody said the wives ended up agreeing to move, and he said it doesn't play out well on the show, he is not a tyrant and everyone came to an agreement. Once the wives vetoed Utah, he had to find a new place to live, and said the state he wanted to live in was Arizona (didn't specify why), so then he had to pick a city and Flagstaff was beautiful, and he brought each wife and some of the kids to visit it, and they all got on board. 

The host asked where is Tony? Kody responded the older kids aren't always interested in being part of the show, they don't always have a story to follow, they are trying to live professional lives, and some have distanced themselves from the show. 

Kody was asked if Janelle could be head of the financial decisions, and Kody responded hell no. No one wife could dictate things and make one wife subordinate to another wife. 

Kody doesn't expect any of his kids to be in plural marriage. He and his wives felt the calling, and if they kids don't feel the calling it isn't right for them. He was asked what if the kids marry a person from another religion with Judaism being an example. Kody said he thinks Judaism is awesome. He said they (the Browns) try to live the law, they celebrate Saturday sabbath, and Shabbat, he doesn't eat pork or shellfish, and he has an admiration for the Jewish faith and philosophy. He said Mariah is gay, and engaged and while that is a step away from most religious philosophies he totally supports them. Madison tried to join the Mormon church, wasn't allowed, she married Caleb who is a born again Christian (father was a minister), and that they work out their faith decisions, and they make their own breakaway-pursuit. Kody said he doesn't get hung up on his kids have to practice his faith, his children have the freedom to make their own choice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Season 14 Episode 7 Why Not One House? 

The wives meet at Meri’s home to make vision boards and discuss the one home. Robyn made an elaborate vision board while living in Montana before meeting the Browns, and most of it has come true. She wanted to be part of a plural family (she is), she wanted to write a New York Times best seller (she said she has), and she wanted to change the world, and she feels she has done "some of that". They discuss the Lehi house, and Christine in a solo couch interview said Lehi was great at first, but it was too small. Christine said Janelle had upstairs and downstairs and 4 bedrooms which worked well for Janelle and her kids, but Christine had 3 bedrooms, and it didn’t work well for Christine and her kids. Christine again shares when living in one home there is no privacy, and intimacy/private relationship with Kody is limited to the bedroom. Robyn said it is time for new dreams, and Christine said so no more babies? Robyn thought she would have another before she was done (my observation it seems like she is content with being done, remember Christine and Janelle have 6, Robyn has 5). Janelle said in solo interview there is a lot of pre destiny in their faith, with their children and families. Janelle said we all made promises to each other before we come here to the earth that we would be a family, we believe there is some destiny in how many children we have. Christine asks Meri her thoughts on the one home, Meri sighs deeply, and said it would be really hard, she would do it if everyone else was on board, and they all hate the garage situation. Meri also said let’s be real the garage is the least of the issues. Janelle said she knew it wasn’t going to happen because everyone wasn’t on board. Meri loves that Janelle is putting the issues they had behind her (by Janelle being willing to live together again), and Meri is glad the issues are behind them. Janelle in a solo interview said we signed up for growth, to be closer, to overcome our shit, and she asks what did we sign up for? What kind of family are we? Meri said the reality is you aren’t one big happy family all the time, no family is. 

Robyn wonders if one house better than the cul de sac, and says she can’t tell. Robyn asks (as if she didn’t know) what do you encounter in one house? Christine said everything had to be worked out, meals, meal time, food placement in the kitchen etc, and Janelle said Christine seems to think this new one house is the Lehi house (with shared kitchens). Robyn asks if Janelle is just going to go visit her kids? Janelle said now and it is repeated later Janelle doesn’t think her older kids are going to come home often, and she doesn’t want to carry a mortgage on a big house with a ton of bedrooms that her kids will use once a year. I think Janelle sees the writing on the wall, if she wants to see some of her older kids more often she will have to travel to them. Robyn feels the other wives and Kody have more freedom, and the ability to travel, go on mini vacations, and to visit their older kids. Robyn also claims to have made peace that the other wives won’t be as actively involved with her younger children that will be around for a while. The wives also say sometimes when Kody says something depending on the way he presents it/the language he uses you can guess which wife actually suggested it or came up with the idea (once again fantastic communication folks). At the end of the vision board meeting it appears the wives agreed the one house isn’t going to work, and they have to tell Kody. Robyn said plural families are looked at like they are broken, messy/messed up, poor, dysfunctional, second class citizens, and because of their religious choices they appear to be settling for less than. Robyn feels plural families don’t fit in this world, and this house isn’t second class, with this house they are creating a new world where plural families can exist and be first class. Robyn worries if they say no to one house does that mean they are not going to achieve the ultimate goal? Have they failed? Will they never achieve what they are meant to? 

Janelle is moving to a new rental, it will be three blocks from Robyn, and ten minutes from Christine, she wanted to be closer to family. Janelle’s landlord allowed her out of the lease early (only there 8 months). Kody said parking is the issue/reason for Janelle moving, they could barely squeeze into the garage. Well Janelle said she wanted to be closer to family, and Robyn said to Kody it was a benefit (parking) but not the reason for the move, and Kody said it was a reason for him. Christine accidentally put a hole in the wall of the rental while moving an exercise bike out. Kody recounts moving over the past years, wanted movers, used the kids instead. Janelle said it was easier with the kids, and their friends, we had the work force. Janelle’s new rental is single story, feels like the house she grew up in. Kody said Robyn is always telling Janelle she needs more rooms for the kids to come visit (Janelle’s first rental was 3 bedrooms), but Janelle said why carry the mortgage on extra rooms for one visit a year. Kody said Janelle has the idea she is going to be an empty nester in a few years, and she is going to end up with an RV and go visit the kids without him because he still has young kids at home. Janelle said yeah I didn’t intend it that way, but you are right I didn’t picture other wives in the RV with me. Kody wants more rooms for the kids and grandkids to come visit. Kody said they all thought they would be building much sooner, they have been in Flagstaff for seven months, and he didn’t think it would take the proposed 1.5 years to build, and didn’t think it would take more than three months to sell the Vegas homes, he called this normalcy bias. Kody said they have to sell the Vegas homes before building on Coyote Pass. 

Kody makes a why/why not list for the one home, feels there is an emotional hang up on the one house. Christine said here is the deal with Kody, he needs to be sold on everything, we can’t just say we (sister wives) came to agreement no to the house, he needs to know why. Robyn said it is a difficult group discussion, everyone is being careful, and no one wants to bring up the past, but this is dictated by the past. Janelle said the biggest why not to one home (even though she is team one house) is resale, if they ever wanted to liquidate, and allows for no estate planning. Kody asks are we happy in Flagstaff? Robyn said yeah, not sure we made the best decision moving to Flagstaff, and she has two little kids asking on a daily basis asking where their dad is. Janelle said she has no community in Flagstaff. Kody asked Christine for a why not, he said lost mojo, and Christine said no I never said that, her why not is lost/no mom identity, and Kody doesn’t understand it. Kody said people live their whole lives in condos, this is a 4-plex condo, Kody is missing Christine’s point. Kody said there is a sister wife code, and they are careful about teaming with him (I don’t see that at all, Janelle said why she is team one home openly). Robyn said the garage situation has to be changed. Christine brings up Kody’s presentation on Christmas Eve, and said Kody mentioned everyone could track him, and he would have no privacy, and he mentioned we would get a cabin in the woods for himself— Christine is correct, using his own words as his why not. Janelle said Kody really digs himself a hole sometimes. Kody tries to downplay the comments he made, and Robyn said Kody you said it could be your heaven or your prison. Kody thinks Christine is not listening or looking, and feels in the last ten years she has had a wake up call that plural marriage is not as idealistic as she thought it was. Christine in a solo interview said having to have one house to experience all the blessings in heaven is ridiculous. Robyn has to give a why, she said the common area would be cool. Meri said her relationship with Kody isn’t where she wants it to be, it is easier for her to avoid, and one home would make that difficult. Meri said she thinks the younger kids would like it, but Robyn said no the younger kids say they don’t want it. Janelle said there is a difference in the way our older and younger kids interact (last episode she said the older kids have stronger bonds/relationships than the younger kids). Kody said the younger kids don’t have the same social skills the older kids have from the living in one home experience. Robyn in a solo interview said she disagrees with Kody, and says the younger kids are more aware of stuff, and Kody isn’t giving them enough credit (for what they observe/are aware of). So Kody concludes Meri is on the fence, he feels Robyn is inquisitive but is more negative than positive, Janelle was originally positive, but he feels Christine is so down on on the one home he feels it is infecting everybody. Christine is still concerned one home means privacy is limited to the bedroom, and Kody said none of his wives would enter another wife’s home without knocking first, except maybe Christine (she may enter without knocking). Kody feels the real issue is each wife not having privacy with him (only Christine has voiced this concern), and he said some of them cannot handle seeing him come and go with another wife, that is the real problem, the elephant in the room (I agree with this, Meri and Christine absolutely struggle with this). Kody thinks they are solely thinking of how much do they have to see the face of that other woman. 

Meri thinks they all have functionality and are all capable of living together if they chose to, and asks Christine if she agrees, and Christine said she doesn’t want to answer the question. Robyn again tells us how our legal system is set up for monogamous couples. Robyn said in plural marriage when a husband dies, and the wives are older they tend to stick together, when the wives are younger they break apart and marry different husbands. Christine says the four of us should try to find brothers (in the event Kody dies), and really laughs at this. Kody said well we know what will work, the cul de sac. Christine said in solo interview why are we having the one house convo then? She said it is over, it is done, and was such a waste of time. Kody said he wants to validate everyone, and goes to cross off Christine’s contribution of why not the lost/no mom identity, and this doesn’t help Christine, she said how about I just cross off things of yours (Kody’s). Meri is disappointed the younger kids don’t want to be together. Janelle is pleasantly surprised by Meri’s reaction (just the two of them in this interview), and Meri said we were closer in Utah, we needed each other more to keep an eye on the kids. Meri said we don’t know what the growing pains would be in one house, and Janelle said the growing pains can be devastating to a family. Robyn get emotional, says all she knows in Vegas, that Vegas was awesome, special, they were one family, and all together there. Janelle in a solo interview said yes we were one family in Vegas, but it was different from the one family in Utah, and we were closer in Utah because we had to work through our crap, we aren’t as close now, and have grown apart. Kody said there is a paradigm, the one home family is what he wants and believes in, and by not wanting the one home it is a stab at the heart of his belief system. Janelle said Kody has felt one home was the tone from the beginning. When Janelle married Kody and Meri it was a contract she accepted that they would live in one home. Janelle said she was young, starry eyed, thought that was the way it was supposed to be done, and saw it as the best way to progress as a person, and was willing to put up with the hard times. Christine feels lonely, and Kody wonders why they don’t have the functionality to live together in one home. Janelle asks so are we pro or con, the four wives felt the cons were stronger, strong enough not to do it. Robyn said this isn’t everyone’s dream. Kody is going to spend some time thinking if he has one more angle. Kody thinks all polygamists believe one home is the ideal, utopia, and they struggle as not good enough, don’t have the ability with live within the ideal, and it is hard to admit they struggle with this. 

This episode has mentioned their faith/beliefs more. Janelle talked about the pre destiny component of their faith and how it related to children/family, and her accepting to live together and overcome the challenges as part of growing in her faith. Christine on the other hand said she feels the idea that you have to live together to receive all the blessing in heaven is ridiculous. Kody shared the one home is central to his faith, and feels it is ideal, the utopia. I wish they shared more of how their beliefs affect their choices— I find it fascinating. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Just one point, the Lehi house had three separate kitchens.  I think they thought Christine was going back to when they were all in one house before the Lehi apartment style house.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Well Meri finally said the truth, that plural families are not always just one big happy family. I'm glad the problem of resale of the giant home came up, if they go that route they would have to stay there!  Kody is just lying about one home being central to their faith, or they would not have had four homes in Vegas! If, after twenty or more years together (excluding Robin), if they still aren't close, it ain't gonna happen. It was funny to see the return of Sobbin' Robin. 

I wonder what the construction cost would be for Kody's ego house. They will end up building four dwellings on the Coyote Pass property. It's easier to pretend you aren't sharing a husband when you are in separate houses, which is why I think Christine wants her own house so bad, although she has in the past that she actually wanted sister wives. Janelle was horribly hazed by Meri when she moved in with her and Kody, so if they were going to live together, being on equal footing would be the only way to go.

They won't go too deep into their beliefs on the show because, frankly, the details of the celestial kinddom, and the sexism of women only getting in through their husbands, won't go over too well. Women are just vessels to increase the number of chidren a man has, which increases his standing in the kingdom. Not the religion for me.

• Upvote 12

Man, this episode really reminded me why I can't stand Kody. All of his wives are way more patient than I would be with such a man child. He knew exactly what their response would be to living in one house when he first got the blueprints made, yet in the previews for the next episode he's talking about how them shooting down the idea has killed his faith in plural marriage? What an ass.

It looks like they all regret moving away from Vegas, even Robyn. I can imagine how hard it would be to make friends for Janelle and Christine- neither of them have jobs in Flagstaff where they can make friends, they don't attend church, and most of their kids are in high school which makes it harder to meet other parents than if the kids were younger. At least Meri has her Lularoe stuff and Robyn has her niece/nanny around- I know they said she stayed in Vegas but we've seen her on camera since then.

ETA: I know the other wives sell Lularoe, but Meri's the only one who does the travel and networking involved with it.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I wish they had gone into more detail about their estate planning. It isn’t any of our business but they brought it up. The wives are all getting older and I hope they are thinking about their long term survival. Individual homes at least offer the possibility of individual equity.

I liked  Meri saying the family isn’t happy all the time and Janelle saying how stupid it was to carry a mortgage on a huge house to have enough bedrooms once a year.

The episode also proved , once again that Kody is an idiot and couldn’t lead a trip to the grocery store.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I wish they would address (to each other) the proverbial elephant in the room. The wives don't want to see each other with Kody.

Robyn's never had to deal with it.

We know why it's hard for Meri.

Christine is doing everything but saying it.

Kody knows.

In Big Love there's a scene where Chloe Sevigny's character says to Amanda Seyfried that she sublimates her jealousy for the greater good.

That's what it is. They're so guilty about it,ultimately. It's a failing if they admit that it's hard for them.

On the other hand, in some ways, this move seems like it's causing them to remember some of the good things about their relationship and what they feel for each other.

If they could really speak to those truths I feel like they could evolve. Even Meri.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

The other issue (haven't seen the latest episode) is the wives are essentially saying - without saying it - that they don't believe that this is the last move (with the concerns about selling a giant single house vs selling smaller houses)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

(Caught up again after getting several episodes behind).

I'm really curious about Kody's schedule for spending time with each wife.  It sounds like he doesn't spend much time with Meri at all.  I wonder if he's pretty equal about the other 3.  I couldn't share a husband at all but especially if he wasn't being equal with his time and I wonder how much that plays into Christine not wanting to see him with the others.  

Seems like, with infinite money to spend on a building project, one way to go would be to have a central house that's mostly a community center - big living room/dining room flex areas, maybe an office/man cave for Kody, and then you could have one or two bedrooms with their own ensuite bathrooms for visiting adult children (flex space so the smaller homes for each wife don't have to be quite so large).  Maybe a bunk room for older visiting grandkids.  Then each wife has a house that's a bit smaller than the Vegas houses.  Or not, if they have a lot of money still.   

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

It's insane to me that Kody doesn't consider the long term implications of his desires.  

It's highly unlikely that others will be interested in a mega-home designed for four wives and a billion kids. 

Couldn't they buy a significant amount of land, build four homes, a communal area, and Kody's special man cave which he apparently *needs* as a consequence of so many wives? If they needed to later sell, it would be easy to divide things up.

There are so many incidences of Kody's stupidity, arrogance, and hubris.  I don't know how any of these women put up with him and his dumbass ideas.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, Cheetah said:

'm really curious about Kody's schedule for spending time with each wife.  It sounds like he doesn't spend much time with Meri at all.  I wonder if he's pretty equal about the other 3.  I couldn't share a husband at all but especially if he wasn't being equal with his time and I wonder how much that plays into Christine not wanting to see him with the others.  

Curious about that too - if he goes on a whim, or on a schedule or how it works, but don't think there is a schedule of 2 days each or whatever.   I do know I watched an episode when they lived in LV where Christine was saying 'and you are hauling your own garbage to the curb for the second or third straight week and see him hauling another wife's out, again'.    I think he just goes where he feels like being or gets guilted into feeling as if he should go. "Oh, Truely?   I haven't seen that kid for a while...isn't she around Solomn's age?"   "Guess I should go talk to Jenelle about finances, I need my allowance upped."   "Are we filming?  Maybe I should check and see if Meri is still around."  

• Upvote 10

I agree about having one central house and then 4 smaller homes. Kody is acting like they still have a ton of elementary school aged kids, and they don't. He enjoys being a patriarch to a huge brood, but doesn't seem to get that his kids will want lives of their own and aren't into feeding their father's ego. 

That said, Kody doesn't need a separate cabin for himself. He chose to have 4 wives, he has a responsibility to spend his time with them. I imagine if he got his separate cabin, he'd be there most of the time and only come around to see his wives when he needed his ego boosted. 

I will say, I don't see the point of plural marriage if you aren't living together and interacting daily. Aren't they foregoing all those supposed benefits? Or are the this close to admitting that their really isn't that much benefit to being in a plural marriage? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

On 1/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, Botkinetti said:

They are all such idiots. 

I hope TLC paid for the castle pictures but they probably didn’t so it was a total waste of money. Even if the wives agree to live together it will take years and more money than they can even conceive of to actually build it.

I wonder if Meri renting that gigantic house was a way to attract more people to her down line to sell Lularo. The size of the house certainly seems to scream wealth ( regardless of how well she is actually doing financially ). I would feel lonely and scared living by myself there but maybe image and greed makes it worthwhile for her.

Are there not smaller homes available? In Vegas - I understand why Meri had a big house (because to be that close to family - you weren't likely to get SuperBigHouse next to small ranch style. But - are there no Smaller house rentals in Flagstaff? Ones without an elevator and a water features? 

I get the idea of the big house - but I have ZERO idea how you'd sell that again. And I don't know how no one has not thought of this before. Like - you bought property - did you think about what kinds of houses you might like on it? And why can't get they do a subdivision on that? Pick themselves the choicest pieces, put out their houses and then hand pick the other lots to sell and make money. Seems like you could put a few REALLY nice homes on some of those far flung lots and still get your privacy. 

I hate Kody - I really do. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I can’t imagine making housing decisions with 5 other adults.  The housing market/rental scene is so crazy with just 1 or 2 people making decisions.

Serious question—do they believe they will be living together, in these same 5 person situations together in Polygamy Heaven?  That doesn’t seem like a very happy ending.

Edited by HereComesTreble
Clarification. I’m asking about their beliefs about Polygamy Heaven.
  • Upvote 5

Season 14 Episode 8 Doubting Polygamy

Kody invites his friend Kyle to Coyote Pass. Kyle is a "dirt mover", and does gigantic landscaping according to Kody. Kyle had two wives, and his first wife left. Kody in a solo interview said everybody in plural marriage considers leaving, and you decide to stay or go based on the commitment level and values you do or don’t have in plural marriage. Janelle said divorce is different in plural marriage, and she really thought about leaving when her kids were little. Janelle said she and Kody had to figure it out, and she thought if she left she may never see Christine’s kids or Mariah again. Janelle said she realized she would lose so much more than just a bad relationship. Kody is disappointed the wives killed the one home idea, he doesn’t think they ever really deeply considered it. Kody thinks Christine’s experience biased Robyn. The four wives are on the couch without Kody, and Christine said you know Kody is telling Kyle about the one home, and Robyn said Kyle can comment on it, but he isn’t a wife, and what he thinks doesn’t matter, he isn’t one of us. Christine doesn’t think the one house conversation is over, and said it is exhausting. Robyn said she felt a little disappointed, but maybe it is better the one house didn’t work out. Meri said let me put it this way, Robyn can I move in with you? Robyn said if you need to sure. Meri said but would you want me to? Robyn said wow, Meri what do you mean? (Meri made her point, Robyn wasn’t rushing to invite Meri to live with her). Kody has a plan for four separate houses on the Coyote Pass land, one house will be surrounded by tree which is originally what Meri wanted, but now she said maybe not, her current house is surrounded by trees, and it makes the house dark. The houses will be 150 yards from each other, and Robyn said she is disappointed they will be so far apart, Janelle retorts we could build one house. Robyn said Kody has offered to sell two pieces of property (sounds like the Browns own both) to everyone they know. Kody said they don’t have any other polygamist around to fellowship with.  Kody in is solo interview said he is cynical, bitter, and understands his wives want their privacy, but asks why aren’t we working on the difficult stuff? Kody said do we work out our crap, or say I’m tired, I’ve had enough, and don’t want to hang out with you all the time?

Kody again in solo interview is disappointed about the no to the one home. He said his dream was kiboshed. According to Kody the perspective in plural marriage is typically the men want one roof, one house, one family, and the wife/wives have the issues with it. Robyn said when the adults get together (my guess is just adults w/o kids, she didn’t specify) it changes the dynamic and they turn into siblings, it is like they aren’t married, and she said they are four obnoxious sisters and tease the brother Kody. Kody said he is the little brother and without his sheer stark masculine confidence he would wither. The wives make snow angels on the Coyote Pass property. Kody and Kyle see them doing this (they were walking the property), and Kody said they get silly when they are together. Kody again in a solo interview said he used to get satisfaction out of seeing his wives getting along (prompted from director) and is cynical now. Kody said when he was younger it was fun to see the wives goofing off, he is jaded now, and doesn’t see plural marriage in the same light he used to, he struggles with their conflict, his wives, getting along. Kody said the wives all feel a loyalty bond to each other, and will side with each other, not Kody. Kody said he has taken it personally that the one house never got a chance, he is happy with life and where he is, and when he hears their side of the struggle it contradicts everything in him, and he can’t blow it off with optimism. Kody contends plural marriage fits well with the personality of one wife (won’t name her), and he won’t say which wives do well, and don’t do well with plural marriage because he doesn’t want the world judging him. Convenient only some of his wives have the personality for plural marriage, but he never considers his role. Janelle while sitting with the other wives (no Kody) said how many days are four of us (wives) are good with plural marriage, and Kody is having the melt down. Kody (solo interview) said that he is so glad all his kids are in his life, but the hill they had to climb to get there broke four women’s hearts. The wives agree plural marriage is hard, but worth it. Janelle said if you don’t think your relationships are going to last forever, you would think it is too much. Kody (solo) said they aren’t were they thought they would be a year ago, he thought the Vegas homes would have sold, and he has concerns about financing versus paying cash for the new builds. He told Kyle he has to put money together, get a site plan, road plans, figure out how long to develop and build houses. Kody said he needs a solution now, he promises his wives and children he would replicate the cul de sac, and feels the pressure is all on him. 

Janelle goes to North Carolina to see Maddie, Caleb and Axel. Caleb was offered an incredible job as an elevator mechanics helper (I think he said helper, I’m sure he said elevator mechanics somethings, sounded like helper) which took them to NC. Axel is currently the only grandchild, and Maddie is pregnant and going to to find out the sex. Caleb knows it is a boy, Maddie flips, not sure which sex. When asked how many children they will have Caleb responds 10, and Maddie said no, planning on 3-4. Janelle is dying to know the sex, and says she doesn’t want to wait, and she can keep a secret. Christine, Robyn and Meri in a couch interview (Janelle is in NC) and Christine said she hasn’t really talked to Aspyn or Mykelti about having kids, and Aspyn doesn’t like the conversation. Robyn said she teases Aspyn and occasionally tells her you look like you are glowing. The ultrasound reveals Maddie is having a girl. Caleb said he was surprised, not in a bad way he just questions is he a good dad to Axel, will he be a good dad with a daughter? They have a girl name in mind Evangalynn that they will call Evie. Caleb’s grandma Eva, Caleb’s mom Lynn, and Maddie’s mom is the middle piece. The wives all agree the biological mother should get to know the secret (like a pregnancy or the sex) first. Janelle gets emotional when Maddie said she is having a girl, said she is thrilled, surprised, and thought she was having a boy. Janelle said Maddie once said Kody’s soulmates are his children, and she (Janelle) 100% believes that, and his grandchildren are an extension of that. Maddie plans to use a birthing center, Axel was a home birth. Caleb said the birthing center is within walking distance of a hospital, and the birthing center won’t limit the number of those attending the birth (like a hospital would). Janelle is concerned because the birth center is 2 hours away, and Caleb works a lot, sometimes is gone overnight, and Janelle worries Maddie will go into labor alone with Axel. 

The adults are gathering at Janelle’s, and she is trying to coordinate the reveal so Maddie and Caleb can video conference. Kody said we need to gather because they are so far apart, the family needs connectivity (he used that word), and the distance is hard on family culture. Kody said normally husband and wife (in monogamy) share everything, but sometimes his wives don’t share secrets with him because he has to work hard to keep secrets. The adults know Janelle knows the sex, so she leaves the room while the other adults guess. Janelle said she won’t repeat a secret, but her face gives her away. All the adults guess girl, so Robyn guesses boy, Kody said he will bet $1000 it is a girl. Robyn’s house has sold, and Janelle’s is under contract. Robyn said the money from the sale of her house is sitting in the bank, it is family money and money is a tricky topic so she wants to reassure them it is sitting in the bank until they figure out the next step. 

The owner of Robyn’s rental is selling the house, so she needs to move. This is apparently the end of the world. Robyn said it is super bad news, they need prayers, need space for kids and for the family to gather. Meri said they can gather at her house, she has a lot of space that goes unused. Robyn hasn’t told her kids yet, and is nervous about their reaction. For some reason they thought they would be separated for a year, and they would sell the houses in Vegas, and build on the property and it hasn’t worked out that way. Kody said he drives out to Coyote Pass and it always pulls him out of his funk, and he wants to put a double wide on the property. Robyn told him he is welcome to, but he will live in the trailer alone. Robyn said she lived in a trailer, and they get cold. Robyn seems surprised to learn they all lived together is a trailer, we covered this in the past episode or two Robyn. Meri, Janelle, Christine and Kody lived in a single wide three bedroom trailer early in their marriage. Janelle said lots of fun times, growth; Meri said lots of good times, lots of interesting times; Christine said been there done that. Robyn said what was he/they thinking? Robyn said are you crazy, that won’t work. Meri told Kody she would buy him an RV. Kody is sold on Coyote Pass, and said he would rather live in a tent on the property than move back to Vegas. Kody again said his wives aren’t being open minded, going off past experiences, and the one house he designed isn’t close to the same as the Lehi house. Robyn said skip the double wide idea it is a delay. Kody said he lost faith, he said Robyn says God will provide a place, it will work out, but he is discouraged, over it, and doesn’t know what to do. 

Next episode deciding which house goes on which lot— look like a shit show. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Kody has seemed more over polygamy than his wives lately. I understand his desire for one house but he shouldn’t pout like a baby because it got shut down. Besides a privacy issue, each wife would have to give up significant space. They are all coming from 2000+ sq ft houses and his one house would have apartments for each wife. That’s another sacrifice. Kody is taking his whining to a new level this season. Janelle continues to be my favorite. Calm, honest, and level headed. I’ve always liked her. 

• Upvote 7

I can't believe I'm going to actually say something sympathetic to Kody. The wives all have their space, but where is his? He's itinerant! They should really have five houses, because he should have a permanent dwelling also, and heprobably thought the big house would give him this while not really shortchanging the wives. Does he have four sets of toiletries, underwear, etc. , one at each house? Where is his office space? Is he supposed to know where everything is in four kitchens? I kinda feel for him, yuk, pardon me while I go lose my dinner. 

The wives do pretend that he is only their husband when he is in their house. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I can't believe I'm going to actually say something sympathetic to Kody. The wives all have their space, but where is his? He's itinerant! They should really have five houses, because he should have a permanent dwelling also, and heprobably thought the big house would give him this while not really shortchanging the wives. Does he have four sets of toiletries, underwear, etc. , one at each house? Where is his office space? Is he supposed to know where everything is in four kitchens? I kinda feel for him, yuk, pardon me while I go lose my dinner. 

The wives do pretend that he is only their husband when he is in their house. 

I had these exact questions. We have a house and a cottage and invariably the "thing" I need most right now? Is probably at the other house. There are spare clothes at the cottage. (And emergency set of everything for each of us) but GAH - I hate that "oh it's at the cottage" thing. I can't imagine with FOUR houses...

• Coconut Flan changed the title to New Season: Meri, Meri and More Meri