IGNORED

Lawson Bates 4: He’s wearing a dog tag. He better be dating a soldier.

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I thought he and Jackson were named after Confederates generals. 

So did I. I wouldn't be surprised if the info came from a reply to a comment in Kelly's original blog and often those are hard to find. Kelly used to reply a great deal and reveal a lot in those comments. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So did I. I wouldn't be surprised if the info came from a reply to a comment in Kelly's original blog and often those are hard to find. Kelly used to reply a great deal and reveal a lot in those comments. 

This strikes me as being true, but I looked over the blog and couldn't find it  thusfar. It just *feels* like what happened which is not objective evidence. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's very possible that Kelly scrubbed any evidence from the blog. She's not past that behavior.

Still, wouldnt there be evidence of people commenting it when it happened or after, here in freejinger?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, llucie said:

Still, wouldnt there be evidence of people commenting it when it happened or after, here in freejinger?

I haven't looked through the old FJ threads, that's not a bad idea.

• Upvote 2

Okay so after a search (and I'll admit off the bat I'm not sure it was comprehensive but I did my best) I could not find anything demonstrating that she had said so anywhere, but I also can't find anywhere where someone made a speculation about it that could have snowballed. It was always repeated as fact as far as I can tell. I did find a track on that Jackson question for @JordynDarby5 as it appears Jackson was originally to be named Judah Benjamin, a Confederate. Michelle is on tape with that one apparently (I did not try to track down the tape I'm trusting our prior selves in commentary). People speculate that Jackson is a subtler nod to the Confederacy (Stonewall Jackson).  

We may never know...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

That was Jackson Duggar who was originally going to be named Judah Benjamin. It's documented in the very first special when he's born.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Lawson and Trace are going on about some garbage in his Instagram stories. They are both decked out in police officer cosplay. They are NOT police officers; they're using the costumes to pose with their guns. Awful posers!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Lawson and Trace are going on about some garbage in his Instagram stories. They are both decked out in police officer cosplay. They are NOT police officers; they're using the costumes to pose with their guns. Awful posers!

Trace is again wearing his deputy sheriff uniform. I am pretty certain he must be a real deputy sheriff to be allowed to wear that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I was wondering whether or not Trace is a real deputy sheriff. If he is, and follows in Zac’s footsteps attending and graduating from the police academy, it would be a good career. Lawson just seems to enjoy playing at things. I can see why, several years ago, Erin said that she couldn’t see Lawson getting married before he turned thirty; he doesn’t appear to want to give up his freedom and settle down. Maybe he’ll marry a girl close to his age and have just a handful of children. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I was wondering whether or not Trace is a real deputy sheriff. If he is, and follows in Zac’s footsteps attending and graduating from the police academy, it would be a good career. Lawson just seems to enjoy playing at things. I can see why, several years ago, Erin said that she couldn’t see Lawson getting married before he turned thirty; he doesn’t appear to want to give up his freedom and settle down. Maybe he’ll marry a girl close to his age and have just a handful of children. 

They have never confirmed that he is, but it would be illegal to impersonate a police officer so he has to be one to be wearing that uniform. But i am not sure if deputy sheriff is the same position that Zach has, since Zach went to the police academy and they never mentioned Trace going. TBH i find it very confusing that there are so many diferent types of police officers and even volunteers like Lawson is.

You know if Lawson was really enjoying his youth and his freedom i would be happy for him, but like he is living at home while half assing  everything that he does, like even the music career that is the thing that he suposedly loves the most he doesnt seem to take seriously.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, llucie said:

They have never confirmed that he is, but it would be illegal to impersonate a police officer so he has to be one to be wearing that uniform. But i am not sure if deputy sheriff is the same position that Zach has, since Zach went to the police academy and they never mentioned Trace going. TBH i find it very confusing that there are so many diferent types of police officers and even volunteers like Lawson is.

You know if Lawson was really enjoying his youth and his freedom i would be happy for him, but like he is living at home while half assing  everything that he does, like even the music career that is the thing that he suposedly loves the most he doesnt seem to take seriously.

Trace world part time as an officer. It may be a voluntary position.

48B89F52-1D36-4118-9D78-72F5FCDE850E.thumb.png.a2ca721ea72ad7b339960fe240658c67.png

• Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Trace world part time as an officer. It may be a voluntary position.

48B89F52-1D36-4118-9D78-72F5FCDE850E.thumb.png.a2ca721ea72ad7b339960fe240658c67.png

But in this picture you can see that Trace and Zach wear the same uniform, while we know Lawson, that is a volunteer, does not. Thats the part that confuses me, is there two diferent types of volunteers then?

• Upvote 4

What is with these guys and Volunteering for the police or fire department. Get a real job. But he probably just wants to say he does volunteer work for Jesus and Play a cop for the gram and thinks he's a hero for doing this. 

If you want to be a real hero Lawson actually join the police department instead of just using and disgracing the uniform to post thirst picks

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, raayx01 said:

What is with these guys and Volunteering for the police or fire department. Get a real job. But he probably just wants to say he does volunteer work for Jesus and Play a cop for the gram and thinks he's a hero for doing this. 

If you want to be a real hero Lawson actually join the police department instead of just using and disgracing the uniform to post thirst picks

Do we really want more racist Trumpers with a gun fetish in the police? Better he not join.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I think that Trace is actually following in Zach's footsteps. If I'm remembering correctly, Zach worked for the police department and then went to the police academy. I'd guess Trace is going to do that, too.  Lawson just has some volunteer badge that he poses with. That is pretty much all Lawson does, he poses.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think that Trace is actually following in Zach's footsteps. If I'm remembering correctly, Zach worked for the police department and then went to the police academy. I'd guess Trace is going to do that, too.  Lawson just has some volunteer badge that he poses with. That is pretty much all Lawson does, he poses.  

Zach did volunteer fire and EMT work for a while and then became involved with police work by getting a job where he essentially was the guy you see when you go through the metal detectors at the courthouse. It usually doesn't pay much, but was a way that he could decide that is what he wanted to do with his life. While I don't think he always makes good choices, I will give him credit that he did finally go out and get a job instead of working for the family tree service for the next 40ish years. 

I think that seeing how broke they were when he was growing up made a big impact on Zach. He doesn't seem to want to give that experience to his own kids.  

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Lawson Bates: Poseur for dollars

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

If Lawson actually got a job or career what would it be because all I can see him a as is a wannabe country singer, instagram model/influencer, cop, Reality star, pilot, and grifter. 

• Upvote 5

To be fair, Lawson owns a landscaping business where he mowed lawns for years and had to actually loan money to his parents when he was like 16. I think some of the younger brothers run it now. 

• Upvote 6

When I was like 13-17, I had to "parent" my mom, who suffered from alcoholism, depression, and bipolar disorder. My dad treated me as a friend, not a parent, so he often left me home alone for days to fend for myself. When I finally became an adult, I was kind of done with responsibility and just wanted to live freely and live for myself. I almost wonder if something like this may have happened to Lawson. As a child he was given far too much responsibility that was not age appropriate. Maybe now he's feeling the need to be selfish (and I don't mean that in a negative way) since his whole family of 21 doesn't rely on him for food. 

IF that is the case, I almost understand why he wants to try things and seemingly not have any major responsibility. I'd understand it, but unfortunately for me, in the real world you can't get away with that for too long. He's able to in his bubble.

• Upvote 23

On 11/14/2020 at 10:06 PM, llucie said:

But in this picture you can see that Trace and Zach wear the same uniform, while we know Lawson, that is a volunteer, does not. Thats the part that confuses me, is there two diferent types of volunteers then?

In some locations, including Tennessee, there are people who are law enforcement reserves. These are people who are trained or going through training. Sometimes they are former officers, who are retired or not able to work 40 hours a week for whatever reason. They also might be someone who is working on certification but is getting on the "job" training rather than academy training. It is a cost benefit to the city or county, as they take the grunt work. They direct traffic in a construction zone or handle group event security, among other things. Many times these people can funnel into a job when one opens or when they complete formal training.  

Cities and counties also have volunteer corps who might have a 2 hour class for like once a week for a month. Sometimes these are called citizen patrol. They pair up and drive around to look and see if there is a problem or something suspicious. Then they call in and tell what they saw. The car they drive doesn't have blue or amber lights. It's usually an older police car that has a different logo and has all the big toys removed. They also do things like volunteer to work at drug collection days or city events. 

Lawson appears to dress his up with a gun on his hip. The city where I work and live would remove him from the volunteer for wearing a gun with his "official" shirt. Our citizen patrol wear polo shirts and you have to have 18 hours of training and 20 hours of ride alongs. They are not fire arms certified. They can't make arrests or write tickets. Their only tools are their eyes and a cell phone. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

In some locations, including Tennessee, there are people who are law enforcement reserves. These are people who are trained or going through training. Sometimes they are former officers, who are retired or not able to work 40 hours a week for whatever reason. They also might be someone who is working on certification but is getting on the "job" training rather than academy training. It is a cost benefit to the city or county, as they take the grunt work. They direct traffic in a construction zone or handle group event security, among other things. Many times these people can funnel into a job when one opens or when they complete formal training.  

Cities and counties also have volunteer corps who might have a 2 hour class for like once a week for a month. Sometimes these are called citizen patrol. They pair up and drive around to look and see if there is a problem or something suspicious. Then they call in and tell what they saw. The car they drive doesn't have blue or amber lights. It's usually an older police car that has a different logo and has all the big toys removed. They also do things like volunteer to work at drug collection days or city events. 

Lawson appears to dress his up with a gun on his hip. The city where I work and live would remove him from the volunteer for wearing a gun with his "official" shirt. Our citizen patrol wear polo shirts and you have to have 18 hours of training and 20 hours of ride alongs. They are not fire arms certified. They can't make arrests or write tickets. Their only tools are their eyes and a cell phone. 

It is pretty clear Lawson is a volunteer, the question is about Trace. Do you know if it is posible for a person to be wearing a police uniform and dont be a police officer?

• Upvote 5

On 11/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, llucie said:

It is pretty clear Lawson is a volunteer, the question is about Trace. Do you know if it is posible for a person to be wearing a police uniform and dont be a police officer?

I will ask over our Zoom Thanksgiving since I have some Anderson County relatives who are law enforcement. Yes, there are some who are going through training or are part of the lower ranks who do wear very similar uniforms. There are usually subtle differences like with the badge. 

I think if he was going through or had been through the academy we would have heard. However, Zach worked quite a while with Anderson County before ever going through the Academy which is in nearby Blount County. 

According to the Anderson County website, they have reserve officers who do  wear uniforms but are not wearing some of the  basic insignia.  I believe this is what Trace is doing, as Zach mentioned that Trace does ride alongs and stuff like that. 

http://www.tnacso.net/reserve.php

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I will ask over our Zoom Thanksgiving since I have some Anderson County relatives who are law enforcement. Yes, there are some who are going through training or are part of the lower ranks who do wear very similar uniforms. There are usually subtle differences like with the badge. 

I think if he was going through or had been through the academy we would have heard. However, Zach worked quite a while with Anderson County before ever going through the Academy which is in nearby Blount County. 

According to the Anderson County website, they have reserve officers who do  wear uniforms but are not wearing some of the  basic insignia.  I believe this is what Trace is doing, as Zach mentioned that Trace does ride alongs and stuff like that. 

http://www.tnacso.net/reserve.php

That would be nice if you asked, but dont feel obligated, we will find out eventually anyway.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic