IGNORED

Lawson Bates 4: He’s wearing a dog tag. He better be dating a soldier.

HerNameIsBuffy

I think Lawson is a good singer for an amateur and someone riding passenger on a road trip. I do not think he is a good singer in the context of holding concerts. However, a lot of country songs sound more like talking with music to me. 

• Upvote 6

On 9/6/2020 at 1:59 PM, LillyP said:

It'll never happen for him though - because in order to make it you've gotta grind it out playing in dive bars and honkey tonks around Nashville and on the road to gain a following. The cult would NEVER let that fly because 99% of the  venues would be considered far less than wholesome. 

agreed--I've never understood why he isn't trying to be a gospel singer instead--country or bluegrass gospel.

Is it because he knows so many people doing that? (Travis's family, Evan's family, the Reiths, the Wissmans, the Bontragers etc etc etc) And he wants to be different, even though he's doomed to fail?

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

agreed--I've never understood why he isn't trying to be a gospel singer instead--country or bluegrass gospel.

Is it because he knows so many people doing that? (Travis's family, Evan's family, the Reiths, the Wissmans, the Bontragers etc etc etc) And he wants to be different, even though he's doomed to fail?

I agree. Like he clearly has a good enough voice to make it with a singing ministry if the Rodrigueses have no problem getting gigs. But he wants to be a real country star, and thats not happening, 

• Upvote 11

Lawson won't make inroads with Nashville - because his family is on TV and their values and what he's trying to sing are at odds with each other.  It makes him lack authenticity.  Funny how that works when your family is talking about not kissing etc and you're singing about love.  

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I would bet any amount of money that if Lawson had it his way, without his family being famous for their views and a tv show, he'd just be your run of the mill Christian guy dating various girls and trying to make it in country music. I think all the kids desperately want to be mainstream but they can't, because doing so would affect their brand and the show. He wants music fame on a big level, and the Gospel/Bluegrass world isn't that big. He'd basically only have fame within the circle he already has fame.

Because I think at the end of the day a lot of these kids aren't as entrenched as we think they are. Now I'm not talking about what they believe, because I still very much think they believe in what they've been taught - but I also wouldn't be surprised if their personal views have become much more lax than we think (just because they've now had more access to mainstream life) but they just can't show it.  They all know how to put on a show. Take a look at Jill Duggar, who made headlines for drinking alcohol. That's obviously a completely different situation in that they had other major events that split them off from her family. But imagine being someone like Josie, Alyssa, or Carlin - who love being trendy and appearing "normal" on their social media. I could 100% see them just being your run-of-the-mill Christians who still drink, wear what they want, watch secular movies/shows and listen to secular music. I just think as long as they're on TV it'll never happen because they have to follow the brand. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, LillyP said:

*snip*

But imagine being someone like Josie, Alyssa, or Carlin - who love being trendy and appearing "normal" on their social media. I could 100% see them just being your run-of-the-mill Christians who still drink, wear what they want, watch secular movies/shows and listen to secular music. I just think as long as they're on TV it'll never happen because they have to follow the brand. 

As well and good as that thought is, it just isn't true. Domininionism is not something that can be compromised on. They are Dominionists that support Dominionist political candidates and are birthing Dominionist kids to take over the USA. Doesn't matter what you say or how you act or what you might prefer, if that is how you openly vote and encourage others to vote.

It's like the Zach and Whit stuff. On the one hand, yes, they're less toxic to their own children at present, but they're still just as toxic to literally everyone else, and they'll likely very well be even more toxic to a child of theirs that comes out as gay.

• Upvote 13

17 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

On the one hand, yes, they're less toxic to their own children at present, but they're still just as toxic to literally everyone else, and they'll likely very well be even more toxic to a child of theirs that comes out as gay.

This is the best, most concise explanation as to why it isn't some sort of earth shattering thing when one of the Bates puts on pants or watches tv shows. They are just as toxic to the world as they were when they were wearing frumpers.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

Lawson said in one of his recent IG Q&A stories that his songs come from life experiences. I almost spit out my drink! What life experience does a 28 year old virgin living with Mommy and Daddy have!? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

8 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Lawson said in one of his recent IG Q&A stories that his songs come from life experiences. I almost spit out my drink! What life experience does a 28 year old virgin living with Mommy and Daddy have!? ?

Maybe his "life experiences" are all about how to lie since his parents are experts in that area. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  He once, very poorly for those who actually knew about IBLP/Gothard, lied on Erin's social media claiming his dad wasn't that involved in the Institute. I'm sure he has lied plenty of other times on social media that I don't remember, that is just the one that stuck in my head because it was so blatant. Erin's comment about IBLP was carefully worded so that she had wiggle room to claim she wasn't really lying. Lawson just flat out told an untruth. 

Lawson, like Gil and Kelly to some extent, is trying to craft an imagine of being just a normal, country guy who writes from the heart. Except it all rings false since his family are leaders in a cult and he is far from being a typical county guy who. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:04 AM, formergothardite said:

Maybe his "life experiences" are all about how to lie since his parents are experts in that area. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  He once, very poorly for those who actually knew about IBLP/Gothard, lied on Erin's social media claiming his dad wasn't that involved in the Institute. I'm sure he has lied plenty of other times on social media that I don't remember, that is just the one that stuck in my head because it was so blatant. Erin's comment about IBLP was carefully worded so that she had wiggle room to claim she wasn't really lying. Lawson just flat out told an untruth. 

Lawson, like Gil and Kelly to some extent, is trying to craft an imagine of being just a normal, country guy who writes from the heart. Except it all rings false since his family are leaders in a cult and he is far from being a typical county guy who. 

So, basically, Erin is a "sophisticated" (for Bates' standards) liar and Lawson is a dumb liar. Sounds about right! :dance:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Wasn‘t there a birthday cake for Bill Gothard at Chad and Erins Wedding and they later said it was their wedding cake or something like that?

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Wasn‘t there a birthday cake for Bill Gothard at Chad and Erins Wedding and they later said it was their wedding cake or something like that?

Yes, and they claimed it was the groom’s cake ? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I’m not a troll and don’t write mean shit on people’s instagrams even dickhead fundies. But I so wanted to write something along the lines of, is that a fart in the air?  I dunno I’m not good with stuff like that but it looks like he is sniffing a fart to me. 
a bit of fun, what would you guys caption it. I can’t promise the winner fifty bucks Lawson store credit though lol. 

C7D033EF-304A-41EB-9717-ACC08270D601.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I’m not a troll and don’t write mean shit on people’s instagrams even dickhead fundies. But I so wanted to write something along the lines of, is that a fart in the air?  I dunno I’m not good with stuff like that but it looks like he is sniffing a fart to me. 
a bit of fun, what would you guys caption it. I can’t promise the winner fifty bucks Lawson store credit though lol. 

C7D033EF-304A-41EB-9717-ACC08270D601.png

My caption:

”When ya gotta poop, ya gotta poop.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

@AussieKrissy "Get the hell out of an otherwise beautiful shot"  or "what a pretentious poser ruining a beautiful photo" is all I've got. Although I suspect that's not what he's looking for.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

This guy is too much. And he is asking for it requesting a caption while he squats in the grass. There are some pretty obvious ones. Who ever thinks, you know what, I’m going to go squat in the grass at sunset with my smuggest look possible and go to the trouble of setting up a camera and/or bring someone along to take this very important photograph. It’s really out of control. Lawson has become a parody of himself. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

On 9/25/2020 at 12:34 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Squatting for Jesus and likes. 

And I pick you as the winner 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

On 9/25/2020 at 9:03 AM, Italiangirl said:

Have you guys seen this? Talking about pretentious69b3081f-2a7a-4c80-8569-65a65efcbc6b.thumb.jpg.c2499cc64ab84cc16743624102ce211b.jpg

Wow, couldn’t get any of your sisters to model that, huh, Lawson? 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 6

On 9/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, clueliss said:

Lawson won't make inroads with Nashville - because his family is on TV and their values and what he's trying to sing are at odds with each other.  It makes him lack authenticity.  Funny how that works when your family is talking about not kissing etc and you're singing about love.  

It would maybe work if he were to carve out an identity that was separate from the family. Which is probably unlikely. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

It seems Lawson is travelling or has travelled to Florida to visit the Websters.

Where I am from, the public healthcare officials have asked people not to travel between regions unless if absolutely necessary and to stay within your ''household bubble'' (meaning the people living in the same home). That also means I can't go visit my parents, nor my brothers, etc., even if they are family, because we don't live in the same household.

So it really bugs me that these people act like nothing is happening and keep travelling without a care.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

So it really bugs me that these people act like nothing is happening and keep travelling without a care.

I feel you and I hope you'll get to see your people as soon as possible. Unfortunately the Bateses and other like minded fools are the ones that will extend this pandemic since they just can't be bothered to be respectful and act solidaric.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic