IGNORED

Lawson Bates 4: He’s wearing a dog tag. He better be dating a soldier.

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't know I can't see Lawson with a wife or even a girlfriend who make way more money than him and has a career that seems to go somewhere instead of just existing in his dreams and thanks to his family show, and yet all the sign seems there...? she is 21 or around that age right? So maybe a chaperone for another brother? I guess we will know in a couple more months but all this acting mysterious is grating my nerves before Nathan and Esther now Lawson is annoying 

• Upvote 4

Lawson may have seen how it’s working for Jinger  & Jeremy and decided they can become the ‘breakout couple’ of the Bates show. He’s so vain I think he’d have no trouble convincing himself that he is a major part of their appeal.

He’d love mixing with ‘worldly’ celebs and being invited to stuff. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

How far will her career really go if her horrible beliefs come to light? 

Depends. Candice Cameron used the pearl method on her kids, talked about it publicly, and she is doing okay. She was in the reboot for full house and does hallmark movies. She may have been on a talk show. If you learn to spin things the right way it won’t hinder you. It also matters how vocal she is about them as well. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

He's with Tiffany for Christmas. She has a big picture of a pseudo-Christmas tree her mother put together on the beach and its on his IG story.  

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Lawson may have seen how it’s working for Jinger  & Jeremy and decided they can become the ‘breakout couple’ of the Bates show. He’s so vain I think he’d have no trouble convincing himself that he is a major part of their appeal.

He’d love mixing with ‘worldly’ celebs and being invited to stuff. 

I agree. I think he assumes he will benefit from her fame and wealth in the form of experiences and connections and status and material items. And he’s probably not wrong. He may also (likely wrongly, but who knows) assume that it will advance his musical career. Lawson is objectively attractive. He could start getting bit parts in country music themed hallmark movies. Plus, how much more successful can her career really get once she’s married to a headship, frequently pregnant, and homeschooling? (I assume she would homeschool since she was homeschooled herself)

I think someone like Tiffany is exactly what he’s looking for. A marriage to her would allow him to continue his leisurely lifestyle of preening, traveling, and instagram posting. Plus a life in LA rubbing elbows with F list celebrities. And she likely wouldn’t be quiverfull and saddle him with a million kids and mouths to feed. Lawson would not do well with an Anna or Kendra Duggar meek conformist helpmeet-type, and I think he is going out of his way to avoid that. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

How far will her career really go if her horrible beliefs come to light? 

The Christian movie market is pretty lucrative. Not Marvel franchise lucrative but she could make a decent career out of that sort of thing. 

Him being with them for Christmas in CA pretty much confirms it for me. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

He may also (likely wrongly, but who knows) assume that it will advance his musical career. Lawson is objectively attractive. He could start getting bit parts in country music themed hallmark movies.

Oh lord this is Lawson's dream isn't it! A cute wifey who gets his name out there so he can become the big star he was always destined to be! (barf) I'm sure in his head he is the perfect Hallmark Christmas movie lead when they need a small-town country singer to chastely hold hands with the big-city woman turned Christmas tree farmer. Or to get him on some Christian American Idol type show.

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I think someone like Tiffany is exactly what he’s looking for. A marriage to her would allow him to continue his leisurely lifestyle of preening, traveling, and instagram posting. Plus a life in LA rubbing elbows with F list celebrities. And she likely wouldn’t be quiverfull and saddle him with a million kids and mouths to feed. Lawson would not do well with an Anna or Kendra Duggar meek conformist helpmeet-type, and I think he is going out of his way to avoid that. 

I think he could get over the ego blow of his wife being more successful and famous than him if it means he doesn't have to get a "boring" 9 to 5 type job and can keep up his traveling and preening- and add Disney Channel premiere parties! He probably already bought a tux, hah.

I find their age difference to be not great, but at least she's been out in the world working and has been exposed to different types of people theoretically. And if she went to Liberty in-person she's been on her own a bit (I think Carlin finished her degree there online so if Tiffany has been in movies and stuff maybe online is more likely).

I'll be curious to see how fundie Lawson remains if he really does marry Tiffany. Maybe he really has these deeply held Biblical beliefs or maybe he'll just keep what's convenient for him. Nathan has always seemed more steeped in the kool aid and I can't imagine he'll limit his family size. But Lawson? A few cute kids to enhance his image might be enough.

• Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

I find their age difference to be not great, but at least she's been out in the world working and has been exposed to different types of people theoretically. And if she went to Liberty in-person she's been on her own a bit (I think Carlin finished her degree there online so if Tiffany has been in movies and stuff maybe online is more likely).

Yeah, she attended online. There’s an article on the Liberty website about her. Probably to promote their celebrity student body. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Like most fundies we follow, I think Lawson’s beliefs are quite flexible, depending on what allows him to live an easy life while judging others.  Tiffany would give him a beautiful, young wife and no need to get an actual job.  A little NFP and barrier methods would allow them to keep the baby producing in check enough for Tiffany to keep working.  He’d justify her acting as a ministry to the heathens of Hollywood and giving Godly young people someone to look up to.  Being in California would provide ample opportunity to maintain a persecution complex - hell that could be a spring board in to right wing worship and fame.  “Godly, conservative singer has life so difficult in heathen liberal hell hole CA.” He will keep his fingers crossed to make the podcast / talk show rounds - anything Hillsong, Kanye’s Sunday Service to hold up his token ‘’not racist” encounter, a ‘conservative voice’ on Bill Maher, a tour through Texas to pop in to The Blaze and Joe Rogan...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

The main thing I can't stop thinking about is how Tom Holland is 6 degrees away from fundieland... like one of his friends still follows her on Instagram and likes her pics sometimes. Fundies are so weird. Now I'm going to be looking for her next time I watch the newest Marvel movies. Ughhh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

The main thing I can't stop thinking about is how Tom Holland is 6 degrees away from fundieland... like one of his friends still follows her on Instagram and likes her pics sometimes. Fundies are so weird. Now I'm going to be looking for her next time I watch the newest Marvel movies. Ughhh. 

I think Tom H has said before that he would have appreciated the opportunity to play Peter Parker as a gay character, if thats a decision Marvel had made.  Hopefully that means it wont get any closer than 6 degrees.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think this thing with Lawson and Tiffany will eventually end. All the Bates Boys have broken courtships before they get married right? Well it’s Lawson’s turn.

• Upvote 16

The fact that this woman has has mainstream success shows she has kept a lid on any extreme views that make her look like a bigot. A quick scan through her Instagram account shows yes,  she is open about her Christian faith but she seems to keep out of arguments about politics (although she is interested in politics and has a degree in it) and has been respectful of COVID precautions without criticising them. She may well share Lawson’s beliefs but is canny enough to keep quiet.

I can only see Lawson harming her career if he carried on tweeting his Trump nonsense and being at superspreader events and she’ll be confined to the Christian movie market which may be enough for her but usually a taste of big time fame and benefits keeps people hungry for more.

Its also interesting she was adopted and brought to the US- we know that Bates like posing with orphans but AFAIK none of them have ever adopted?

• Upvote 12

Regarding Tiffany's connections per this article the Irwins identify as Christians. I leave this search for more connections in more capable hands now. 

https://www.who.com.au/bindi-irwin-things-you-didnt-know#:~:text=What Religion Does Bindi Irwin,that they identify as Christian.

• Upvote 2

@Lgirlrocks, yes Candace Cameron Bure was on the View for two seasons. She was also on Dancing With The Stars where she talked about submitting to her husband but spun it as "this is just what works for me." She has credited Ray Comforts "ministry" with bringing her to Christ. She is not a progressive  Christian. How fundie exactly she is, is something she keeps very well hidden.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think this thing with Lawson and Tiffany will eventually end. All the Bates Boys have broken courtships before they get married right? Well it’s Lawson’s turn.

I have to agree. I think Lawson will do just fine torpedoing this relationship. There is just something about those Bates boys that is resistible to so many fundie maidens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

12 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I have to agree. I think Lawson will do just fine torpedoing this relationship. There is just something about those Bates boys that is resistible to so many fundie maidens. 

I’ve said this before but I have a theory when it comes to the Bates boys. They don’t know what’s best for them in the girlfriend department. The first girl they choose is all wrong for them. It was so painfully obvious with Nathan and Ashley. He was a country boy and she was a city girl. There’s no way it would’ve worked. I think the same happened with both Zach and Trace. The first girls they chose were wrong for them and I think only the girls saw it after awhile and that’s why they are the ones that do the breaking up. I have a feeling this exact same thing will happen with Lawson. They are all wrong for each other but he will never see it. Tiffany will eventually and she will have to do the dumping. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@Lgirlrocks, yes Candace Cameron Bure was on the View for two seasons. She was also on Dancing With The Stars where she talked about submitting to her husband but spun it as "this is just what works for me." She has credited Ray Comforts "ministry" with bringing her to Christ. She is not a progressive  Christian. How fundie exactly she is, is something she keeps very well hidden.  

I follow her daughter Natasha on social media and she seems ok and fairly normal. But then again people play up things on the internet. I know Candaces son is recently engaged. I forget his name. 

• Upvote 1

The Bures are very normal in many ways. I certainly don't think they are quiverful. They were raised around people of other beliefs and lifestyles due to their parents fame. I don't even know if their father is all that religious. I just think Candace hides or spins some unpopular beliefs of hers very well. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 1

Lawson is once again sending out dog whistles to the qanon qult. He won’t say it outright but he will send vague stuff like this talking about a mysterious “them”. 

for those who don’t know (and you are better off for it) the Nashville explosion is the conspiracy of the moment with that crowd. See these tweets: 

FA428DB8-7CCD-4F27-96AF-F1224B51733A.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 8

Yes darling Lawson, in an active investigation of this magnitude you personally are not getting the whole truth yet! Who would’ve thunked it!?! 
My town recently had to cancel a weeks worth of graduations from the university and the polytechnic. For the first 4 or so days we didn’t even know why, just that someone/people had made threats. This included my friend who works for the university AND was supposed to graduate! (sarcasm as I don’t think working there or graduating warranted insider knowledge)

Then we all found out it was a bomb and mass shooting threat. Most of the details were shared once the arsehole who made the threats had been arrested. And this was only a threat with no carnage and death(s) involved. 

I expect a little more brains about this even from someone who has diligently cosplayed a cop for the last few years! ?‍♀️

Edited by Mrs Ms
Sarcasm alert and attempting to fix wonky tenses
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

I expect a little more brains about this even from someone who has diligently cosplayed a cop for the last few years!

Part of me wants to agree, but my expectations are really really low where Lawson is concerned...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I don't see Kelly's racist controlling self allowing this match (if they are truly seeing each other, maybe Lawson is again playing it up).

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic