IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I love buying clothes, but I need to be alone. My wedding dress (it wasn't a gown, but a cocktail dress) I bought it by myself. I would have hated going with my relatives and friends. Too many opinions. 

After the hard case of covid Erin had, how can Bates still travel for fun? Josie is pregnant, isn't she scared? And Whitney too. 

To me it seems like none of them have any sense. Travelling all over the place, gathering in different groups and no one manages to keep a mask on their face.

masks.thumb.png.d3edd4adf05f0288a41a1aca7117bfe4.png

They think they are untouchable and they don't care about anyone else. Very Christian, very pro-life. ?

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

To me it seems like none of them have any sense. Travelling all over the place, gathering in different groups and no one manages to keep a mask on their face.

masks.thumb.png.d3edd4adf05f0288a41a1aca7117bfe4.png

They think they are untouchable and they don't care about anyone else. Very Christian, very pro-life. ?

Often I think that this type of person doesn't take something like covid seriously until it affects them personally. But in this case, it affected Erin very deeply and they still don't think it'll happen to them (or that they'll infect someone). It's a criminal lack of empathy but I suppose that's how they've been raised.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

On 5/3/2021 at 9:26 AM, HeartsAFundie said:

I always thought if Ellie were in a more mainstream home that she would have an awesome sense of style. She does seem to slightly stand out from the others in her age group fashion-wise.  Once in a while you see a glimpse of it such as a motorcycle jacket with a swing dress or big earrings with the matching necklace.  A shame that her creativity can't be cultivated.    

I think that Addallee looks like Michaela, Ellie looks like Tori, and Callie is very Erin-esque.  

On 5/4/2021 at 2:05 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I love buying clothes, but I need to be alone. My wedding dress (it wasn't a gown, but a cocktail dress) I bought it by myself. I would have hated going with my relatives and friends. Too many opinions. 

After the hard case of covid Erin had, how can Bates still travel for fun? Josie is pregnant, isn't she scared? And Whitney too. 

Erin's situation doesn't seem to have stopped any of them at all.  We know Josie and Carlin had Covid.  And seem to have been fine, it probably made them even less concerned about it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Seeing them travelling around again and again and again while not even being able to properly wear their damn masks makes me so furious. And if I'm honest, I might be a little jealous as well.

In Germany the vaccination still isn't recommended for pregnant women, yet the number of pregnant women with severe cases (and that have to spend time in intensive care) is increasing. I've been very very careful since I found out that I'm pregnant, but hearing this scared me a lot. I miss seeing people, hugging my family and friends and the Bateseseses (and all the other fundies) still get to have all the fun. Sometimes I which I could be as reckless as they are.

I know - it is a petty thing to think that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 16

@ophelua, I don't think it's at all petty to think that way. My husband and I canceled traveling to South Carolina to see my sister and her family because they continued to attend a non-mask wearing church at the height of the pandemic. They have never gotten COVID, thank goodness but it does make me a little jealous . Here's hoping you can be vaccinated soon. 

• Upvote 6

Watching them on IG, I have to ask, do the Bates girls ever stop grooming and posing for professional photos?  Every one of them is constantly with a professional photographer. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, ophelia said:

Seeing them travelling around again and again and again while not even being able to properly wear their damn masks makes me so furious. And if I'm honest, I might be a little jealous as well.

In Germany the vaccination still isn't recommended for pregnant women, yet the number of pregnant women with severe cases (and that have to spend time in intensive care) is increasing. I've been very very careful since I found out that I'm pregnant, but hearing this scared me a lot. I miss seeing people, hugging my family and friends and the Bateseseses (and all the other fundies) still get to have all the fun. Sometimes I which I could be as reckless as they are.

I'm pregnant and just got my first shot in Canada so i hope they approve it for you soon! I agree, those ICU stats are scary. (We're under a stay at home order anyway but I'm still pretty excited to have a shot!)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Watching them on IG, I have to ask, do the Bates girls ever stop grooming and posing for professional photos?  Every one of them is constantly with a professional photographer. 

It’s the only way their parents taught them to make money. It’s sad.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 5/4/2021 at 3:05 AM, Melissa1977 said:

And I assume none of them are vaccinated

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, ophelia said:

To the bolded: I don’t think it’s petty at all, it’s only natural we crave human contact (and not just via Zoom and Skype) but with meetings and hugs as well. This pandemic has made it difficult for many of us to stay in touch with our dear ones the way we want to and being sad about it is understandable. 

As for your pregnancy, I wish you health and all the very best!!! ? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 5/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Yes! I have thought this for a while. The young Bates (the under 6 crowd) have spent more time with a professional photographer than most adults.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I'm pregnant and just got my first shot in Canada so i hope they approve it for you soon! I agree, those ICU stats are scary. (We're under a stay at home order anyway but I'm still pretty excited to have a shot!)

Congrats to your pregnancy! And to getting your shot ? I hope you are doing fine. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there are a lot of pregnant persons right now on FJ.
I've talked to my Obgyn the other day and she is quite hesitant when it comes to the vaccination. Our Standing Committee on Vaccination at the Robert Koch Institute hasn't yet made the move to approve pregnant persons to get their shot (there are exceptions of course!), because they feel like they don't have enough data when it comes to pregnancy and the vaccination. So we'll see.

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Yes! I have thought this for a while. The young Bates (the under 6 crowd) have spent more time with a professional photographer than most adults.

I am turning 33 this year and have NEVER spent time (or money) on a professional photographer. ??

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

At least UP is subsidizing all these weddings.... must be nice.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic