IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

Maybe I missed where Katie was officially dating/courting the guy from her birthday post today?  It looks like he just started college - hope that means she has a few years before she starts popping out babies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Maybe I missed where Katie was officially dating/courting the guy from her birthday post today?  It looks like he just started college - hope that means she has a few years before she starts popping out babies.

They are just "special friends". I actually think its possible that they have to wait until 2021 to marry,  since their situation is similar to the one Carlin and Evan were at and Kelly and Gil made them wait.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm curious how this relationship could work with Travis in his 1st semester of college in NJ.  I looked and "Vision Baptist College" seems to only offer 4-year degrees  (for menfolk-- the ladies can get an 2-year associates degree: http://www.visionbaptistcollege.org/)

Unless Travis earned a bunch of College Minus credits or something, or plans to also attend college in the summer, he's going to hundreds and hundreds of miles away from Katie for the next 4 years. Do the Bates really want their daughter to date for 4 years?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm curious how this relationship could work with Travis in his 1st semester of college in NJ.  I looked and "Vision Baptist College" seems to only offer 4-year degrees  (for menfolk-- the ladies can get an 2-year associates degree: http://www.visionbaptistcollege.org/)

Unless Travis earned a bunch of College Minus credits or something, or plans to also attend college in the summer, he's going to hundreds and hundreds of miles away from Katie for the next 4 years. Do the Bates really want their daughter to date for 4 years?

That’s why I said at the beginning of this that they would either fizzle out or he will drop out and get a job so they can marry. Others thought maybe there would be financial support from his side of the family. But who knows if that is even possible. We know Gil won’t want to contribute to their income in any way. Michael waited a long time for Brandon. But I don’t see Katie wanting to wait 4 years. Many of the Bates girls can marry young because choose mates that are a few years older. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I think that Katie and Travis are at the very start of their relationship and nowhere near engagement or marriage. If Travis is only 18 and has just started a four year degree I cannot see them getting married ( if they even last that long) until he has completed his degree. I think it will be awhile before Katie can leave home. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I could see them getting married before he graduates.  A cousin of mine went to a fundie college and it was pretty common for people to get/be married during school.  His family may help them out, or he’ll work in addition to going to school.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I found it sad how Kelly's Bday post kind of harped on about her relationship and was all but one photo of her and travis. I dunno I would have left Katie's relationship out of a bday post if she had of been my daughter. 

I am getting the feeling Kelly is itching for another wedding and is going to be pushing for it, if that post was anything to go by.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I think they will get married in his final year so the waiting is as short as possible but the baby will come after school.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Four years is a long time for a Bates to wait with marriage, and I can honestly not see Katie doing that. Either they’ll break up sometime this year, or they will work something out with their parents. Kelly obviously wants the kids out of the house as quickly as possible, and she could probably convince Gil that it’s perfectly fine for them to get married when Travis is half-way through college. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The Bates sure dont want their daughter to date for 4 years, but I sure do! The longer they wait the less babies. I just want Katie to go to nursing school and experience life differently but of course that wont happen ?

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

The Bates sure dont want their daughter to date for 4 years, but I sure do! The longer they wait the less babies. I just want Katie to go to nursing school and experience life differently but of course that wont happen ?

I’d say nursing school may not be 100 percent out of the question. If Travis is okay with it, we don’t know much about him so hard to say at this point, she could end up going at some point. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I found it sad how Kelly's Bday post kind of harped on about her relationship and was all but one photo of her and travis. I dunno I would have left Katie's relationship out of a bday post if she had of been my daughter. 

I am getting the feeling Kelly is itching for another wedding and is going to be pushing for it, if that post was anything to go by.

Kelly is going to want to squeeze all the free and sponsored weddings out of UP while she can.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The boy pretty much has a job guaranteed after he graduates with his family owning a church and a christian college (the one he attends), so i can see Gil being lenient with him. Its easy to provide for a wife when you come from a rich well connected family.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, llucie said:

The boy pretty much has a job guaranteed after he graduates with his family owning a church and a christian college (the one he attends), so i can see Gil being lenient with him. Its easy to provide for a wife when you come from a rich well connected family.

Wait, what? Travis' family OWNS the church and college? That's the first I'm hearing of it - can you please provide more information/sources on this? TIA.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

This college is way fundie!

http://www.visionbaptistcollege.org/pdfs/VBC-Answers.pdf

You have to get Father's permission to date a girl, you have to have breakfast on campus at 7:30 whether you live there or not, and chapel is the HIGHLIGHT of the day. Oh boy.

On the other hand, classes end at one and they help students find work. It might be a good school for Timbits Rodrigues.

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Llucie, I cannot find any evidence Travis' family "owns" the church and college. The pastors are a father and son; the father is too old likely to be the father of Travis and the son only has daughters.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This college is way fundie!

http://www.visionbaptistcollege.org/pdfs/VBC-Answers.pdf

You have to get Father's permission to date a girl, you have to have breakfast on campus at 7:30 whether you live there or not, and chapel is the HIGHLIGHT of the day. Oh boy.

On the other hand, classes end at one and they help students find work. It might be a good school for Timbits Rodrigues.

Why do they have to be there for breakfast? 

I mean, the rest of the rules are crazy for adults, but I've seen too much of fundy schools to be shocked. But why I gotta get up at the crack of dawn for some shitty cafeteria breakfast?

Also, I have to attend daily chapel, but can't become a member of the church? Um...cool. 

There were only nine students in the 2017 graduating class, so the place must be much smaller than Crown.

Still can't believe in 2019 a school offers a degree for "ladies only." 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

It seems like an expensive in-person ChristianMingle for fundie families. I mean, most of these uber religious schools are, but at least Crown provides some useful education in particular programs. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

@llucie so I found an interview - Travis Clark is the grandson of the founder of the Solid Rock Church and judging by his syntax, possibly as dim as a Bates. http://www.absolutelygospel.com/agm/2019/08/01/travis-carter/

And this guy thinks Travis Clark is sinful and sensuous:

https://www.practicalbible.com/news/travis-clark-rocking-out

Edited by nelliebelle1197
More goodness and sin
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Llucie, I cannot find any evidence Travis' family "owns" the church and college. The pastors are a father and son; the father is too old likely to be the father of Travis and the son only has daughters.

I just took a look at the linksomeone provided in this thread of the church. The website mentions that Charles Clark and Charles III Clark are the pastors. I suspected there was some conection with Travis because they have the same surname. Then i found Charles junior twitter account, there you have eveything.

For example here he talks about the christian school asociated with the church and congratulates Travis his nephew for graduating:

The college you can see that in his profile he has a link to it: visionbaptistcollege.org. The adress and phone number on the website of the church and the college is the same, so you can tell is run by the same people!

The daughters of Charles III are Travis 3 cousins, he has photos with them in his instagram.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

How important can it be to graduate from fake college? It's not like it affects his earning potential. 

I think they are just special friends now and will move to courting in year 2 of fake college. Engagement like halfway through year 3. Marriage in the last 10 months or so of fake college. 

Katie will be done with school and earning money soon, if she isn't already.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Well sign me up for "Soulwinning Nursery" as my required weekly soulwinning program!

Is it a plant nursery or a human child nursery? Is there a contest for who wins the most souls? When do we find out who won? In heaven?!

Screenshot_20191009_000523.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I just took a look at the linksomeone provided in this thread of the church. The website mentions that Charles Clark and Charles III Clark are the pastors. I suspected there was some conection with Travis because they have the same surname. Then i found Charles junior twitter account, there you have eveything.

For example here he talks about the christian school asociated with the church and congratulates Travis his nephew for graduating:

The college you can see that in his profile he has a link to it: visionbaptistcollege.org. The adress and phone number on the website of the church and the college is the same, so you can tell is run by the same people!

The daughters of Charles III are Travis 3 cousins, he has photos with them in his instagram.

You are a better detective than I!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic