IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

42 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I would be pissed if I were Mike and my little brother who got engaged after me to get married before me

ohhh, pass the popcorn, maybe we will have some scheduling DRAMA!

And damn, did the Clark parents say, "I want all y'all out of this house by the end of the 2021"??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Carlin and Evan had a 8 month engagement 

Josie and Kelton had a 4 month engagement

So Late August to September could be the date. The clark aren't planning these weddings it's the girls families so they'll probably be pretty close together

• Upvote 7

Regarding dress and other standards after marriage, I suspect Travistie will have a situation much like Jessa and Ben Seewald: Katie has the more dominant personality, and could probably easily get Travis on board with pants or whatever else she wants, but they are almost certainly going to spend years financially dependent on parents (the Clarks) who have much stricter standards than the young couple. So, Katie might want pants, and Travis might not care, but as long as his parents are paying, they might toe the line just like Jessa and Ben toe the Duggar line that pays their bills. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

Travis bought a house a month or so ago.  In New Jersey.  I suspected the engagement was coming. A house and a dog. 

• Upvote 14

26 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Travis bought a house a month or so ago.  In New Jersey.  I suspected the engagement was coming. A house and a dog. 

I am still so jealous of him for that. I've been house hunting for months- I would even take something as tiny as his house- but there's barely anything on the market. Makes being a fundie teenage boy look tempting...

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, artdecades said:

That pic of her hand with the ring and his neck is so bizarre. Of all the pictures to show 

I don’t think they hug or touch much. So their options are limited. No touch courtships always have the most awkward engagement pictures. 

37 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I am still so jealous of him for that. I've been house hunting for months- I would even take something as tiny as his house- but there's barely anything on the market. Makes being a fundie teenage boy look tempting...

I think his family has money. Even if he spent his own money on the home (which I doubt), his parents having money still makes a huge difference. His parents likely bought his car for him, his clothing, all his food, his electronics, and probably even money to just have fun with. So that means if he does make a little bit of money, it all goes straight into savings. When I was young, I didn’t get that luxury. After I got a job at 15, my parents never bought my clothing, car, gas, computer, or amusement money. It would have been nice if I could put all the money I made straight into savings, but I had to buy a lot of my own stuff. 

• Upvote 12

Well we knew this was coming sooner or later. The Clark parents won't be lonely for long...lil grandkids coming ASAP for 2022. We know the Bates do not believe in waiting or haven’t figured out how that's done. Travis is probably getting money from his appearances on the show, probably helped out with getting the his house. Hope Katie gets to "touch" him more now?

• Upvote 10

I didn’t think they’d get engaged so quickly... I thought Travis would need time to at least redo the house or something.

In the photos Katie looks like a girl in her mid-teens with the nails of a forty year-old. Weird and sad. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Those nails tell me she knew that proposal was coming.

So it looks like all three of the Clark children will be married in 2021. 

I’m sorry but that’s weird as fuck. My two siblings and I are all closer in age than the Clark siblings and we got married 4 and 5 years apart! 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

lord, barely touching engagement photos are weird. The hand up in front of his chest and the stiff intimacy is just so off putting for what should be such a sweet and intimate moment. Even though its not and its all staged. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I always think it's weird that fundie guys want to supply their new bride with a house. One of the joys of getting married or moving in together is picking out your first apartment or house together as a couple. I'd be annoyed if my husband took that choice away from me and I had to make do with whatever he/his family chose.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Sadly though, it doesn't seem like fundies believe that marriage is a partnership. They really push the submit to your husband and the man is the head of the household so I'm guessing in their thoughts if he's okay with the house then she has to be because he'll tell her to be. 

I would make a terrible fundy!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

since he bought a house in NJ, it looks like Kelly Jo can't get this one move down to Tennessee like Bobby and Chad.

I actually dislike Kelly much more than Michelle because Kelly seems so much more controlling

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

since he bought a house in NJ, it looks like Kelly Jo can't get this one move down to Tennessee like Bobby and Chad.

I actually dislike Kelly much more than Michelle because Kelly seems so much more controlling

This one is looking like a lost cause for Kelly Jo, but we have seen changes of plans before in this family. Travis could decide to rent out the house and make it an income property or something? In other words, I'll believe she is moving there when it happens. From a money standpoint it could make sense for them to stay closer to Knoxville for a little bit to bring in some of the UP money while the show lasts. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

This one is looking like a lost cause for Kelly Jo, but we have seen changes of plans before in this family. Travis could decide to rent out the house and make it an income property or something? In other words, I'll believe she is moving there when it happens. From a money standpoint it could make sense for them to stay closer to Knoxville for a little bit to bring in some of the UP money while the show lasts. 

Travis' family is rich, money wise is better for them to stay in NJ.

• Upvote 10

The proposal was very nice decorated. Perfect for IG and Pinterest. They were dressed so matchy matchy that it is impossible to believe it was a surprise for her.

I hope Katie is truly happy and that her marriage works. I've been following the Bates since she was a pre-teen and I always have had the feeling that she was active and smart and that, in an average family, she would have been involved in sports and a good student. But she was stuck in skirts and wasn't allowed to be a nurse. A nurse! Isn't it supposed to be fine for a fundie? I think it was banned because couldn't be studied at Crown. Anyway, since the nursing dream was broken and she was sent to study cosmetology, she sounded/looked more and more ironic and cold. But of course it may be just my imagination!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Travis' family is rich, money wise is better for them to stay in NJ.

That's the logical answer. This is the Bateseseseseses. They defy logic in most of their decisions. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

The house Travis bought is only a couple miles from his parents' house, and just from the glimpses we've seen of their courtship standards, etc., it seems like the Clarks might be even more controlling than Kelly Jo. I don't know what Travis is studying, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to work for his family's church/school, which would make it less appealing to move to Tennessee, where he'd have to find an outside job. 

• Upvote 15

19 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I don't know what Travis is studying, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to work for his family...

I've always just assumed this was Travis's plan. It never even occurred to me he might have other career plans. 

And Michaela did go to Chicago, so Kelly doesn't always get her way. I do wonder what Kelly will do after Katie's wedding. Both for the shows story lines and for her focus. The "longtime"(by Fundie standards) bachelors' weddings will get some attention, but the boys' weddings won't after that. Especially since the groom's family doesn't do the wedding planning. 

• Upvote 9

52 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

. I do wonder what Kelly will do after Katie's wedding.

Homeschool her youngest 6?

Clean the dirty house? (Josie's words, not mine)

Babysit the 13 grandchildren she will soon have in the area?

A new vacation with Gil + trip to NJ + trip to Florida + taking pictures for their clothing store?

I think we all know the answer

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

The house Travis bought is only a couple miles from his parents' house, and just from the glimpses we've seen of their courtship standards, etc., it seems like the Clarks might be even more controlling than Kelly Jo. I don't know what Travis is studying, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to work for his family's church/school, which would make it less appealing to move to Tennessee, where he'd have to find an outside job. 

He could always work for Chad - just kidding. But Chad does appear to be the family's solution to unemployment. 

I honestly am all for Katie moving there to be with him. It would be good for her to experience life outside of Tennessee. Yes, the Clarks do appear to be quite controlling. However, I know Kelly Jo's mentally going through her options as we speak. Don't forget that Carlin was practically packing her bags already and telling everyone she was moving to Nashville when she was preparing to get married to Evan. He hadn't even proposed yet and she told her grandfather. And prior to his graduation, Tori was talking about marrying Bobby and moving to Florida. I remember Kelly Jo saying she didn't think she wanted two daughters in Florida. 

On a personal note, I would be packed and ready to go wherever if I was in that situation. The more states between me and Kelly Jo/all that family, the better. 

Reflecting on it, I could see that there could have been some negotiation going on with all this. Travis (his parents) could have said no engagement unless he and Katie stay in New Jersey. There were already clips for future episodes where Katie was putting on the pressure for that engagement ring. I guess time will tell if Katie is more like Alyssa or more like Tori.   

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

So what tips are in on the upcoming Travistie wedding. Date summer? Fall?

colours?

bridesmaids and groomsmen 

my bet is on Josie and his brother as best people 

Travis sister to be in the bridal party too

all the girls as flower girls or just willow. 
one kid from each sib? Maybe?

A joken style proposal from Lawtif or Nester? 

honey moon key west? 

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

So what tips are in on the upcoming Travistie wedding. Date summer? Fall?

colours?

bridesmaids and groomsmen 

my bet is on Josie and his brother as best people 

Travis sister to be in the bridal party too

all the girls as flower girls or just willow. 
one kid from each sib? Maybe?

Has Katie ever mentioned what season she would want to get married in? I think she's forceful and opinionated enough to stick with it. I would normally think they'd have a six month engagement since they're so young and he's still in school; however, because he's in school, they very well may have it over the summer. 

With Carlin having such a larger, more formal wedding than the other daughters, I'm interested to see what Katie gets. Wouldn't be surprised if his family pitches in a bit to make it happen. I think Katie would like something more like Carlin's than Josie's or Erin's. Bright colors I think, but then again muted wedding colors are in and she seems trendy. 

I think the honeymoon will be to a foreign country and Key West won't cut it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic