IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

I really thought Katie would do a Carlin and have EVERYONE in her wedding. Carlin was the 1st to have a "dad & bride" dance. Plus Carlin and Evan jumped in the pool in their wedding gear. The weddings get better with each bride.

• Upvote 3

Do you think they're getting married in TN or NJ?  I'm going to say bridesmaids are Alyssa (she just said they were super close in their Insta), Josie, Carlin, Whitney, Travis' sister, and a friend. 

• Upvote 4

She said on her Instagram story yesterday that the wedding is coming "sooner than you think" and today she and Travis were appliance shopping for their house in NJ. I'm thinking June or July.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I really thought Katie would do a Carlin and have EVERYONE in her wedding. Carlin was the 1st to have a "dad & bride" dance. Plus Carlin and Evan jumped in the pool in their wedding gear. The weddings get better with each bride.

Travis's family is even more restrictive than the Bates. I definitely am not expecting dancing or too many shenanigans.

My guess for bridesmaids: Josie, Alyssa, Erin, her new sisters-in-law (2), and a friend.

I would also think maybe wedding in Tennessee, but an additional reception in New Jersey? It would surprise me if Travis's parents didn't want to do something where they are.

• Upvote 10

Bridesmaids have started posting stories of them receiving their gifts. Yesterday Travis’ sister posted and today Alyssa. 

My guesses for the rest are Josie, Carlin, Whitney, Deven (Travis’ brother’s fiancée) and a friend. 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Bridesmaids have started posting stories of them receiving their gifts. Yesterday Travis’ sister posted and today Alyssa. 

My guesses for the rest are Josie, Carlin, Whitney, Deven (Travis’ brother’s fiancée) and a friend. 

She said her bridesmaids list grew really long because she has a lot of sisters. So probably Josie, Carlin, Michaella, Erin, Alyssa (confirmed), Tori, Addallee, Ellie, Whitney, Kayla Clark (confirmed), maybe one or two of Travis cousins (Melinda), Grace Rochat?, Makayla Thatcher?, Deven?, 

Plus Katie's following Castleton Farms (where carlin got Married) could this be her wedding Venue?

• Upvote 5

On 4/23/2021 at 4:53 AM, AussieKrissy said:

So from her Insta story it looks like she is having 6 bridesmaids. She was making up bridesmaids packs. Apparently she was having a hard time deciding between all her sister and her friends. ...

did she say in that clip she was having 6? or were there just 6 boxes shown?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

did she say in that clip she was having 6? or were there just 6 boxes shown?

I counted six boxes 

So far ALyssa, Travis's sister and a friend have been shown replying to the boxes

With travis's sister getting one of the two larger (different) boxes shown.

• Upvote 4

When is Josie due? Josie and Katie have been always super close. I think the wedding must be at least 1 month before Josie's due date.

• Upvote 4

Josie is due in late June with Whitney and Tori also being due in June. I don’t think that Katie has said when the wedding is. I’m guessing no earlier than mid July based on at least a 3 month engagement, but probably a little later. But they may want to get married and settled before school starts again for Travis in August. However, they are fundies, most of the things that they do make no sense to me, so who knows, the wedding might be as school breaks up in late May!! Late May would be one month before Josie is due so Melissa1977 may well be correct in her prediction. Who knows. The when’s and why’s and so forth never make sense to me but then I’m not fundie ?

Edited by Angelface
  • Upvote 8

I am guessing a mid-late July wedding (17-18, 24-25, or 31 July). 

About Josie attending whilst pregnant. Princess Madeleine of Sweden attended her brother's wedding two(!) days before giving birth to her second child. Apparently she had contractions at the wedding. That was impressive. I suspect having to wear heals, tiara and a regal dress while in labour is not what you want. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I am guessing a mid-late July wedding (17-18, 24-25, or 31 July). 

About Josie attending whilst pregnant. Princess Madeleine of Sweden attended her brother's wedding two(!) days before giving birth to her second child. Apparently she had contractions at the wedding. That was impressive. I suspect having to wear heals, tiara and a regal dress while in labour is not what you want. 

If I'm remembering correctly, Tori (who played violin at the wedding) was about a month out from delivering Kade at Josie's wedding. I felt bad for her having to be on her feet at that stage of pregnancy during the heatwave that was Josie's October, outdoor wedding. 

While I don't know that fundies are overly concerned with the comfort or convenience of others, Katie will probably avoid June to avoid sharing the spotlight with a laboring sister. Wasn't it Katie who joked when she and Travis were first getting to know each other that she would prefer being the only Bates in a courtship? Yes, it was said as a joke but there is always a bit of truth in a joke. 

• Upvote 5

She has 2 sisters and a sister in love due in June so that’s likely out. Also, Travis’ older brother got engaged before him and isn’t getting married till mid August.

On the other hand it took Katie like 2 minutes to put together the bridesmaids boxes and to distribute them. I’m voting for mid to late July.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 7

Judging on her comment on someone’s Instagram, possibly her own, that it’s happening sooner than you think I’ve got a feeling she’s looking at a late May wedding, maybe the last weekend of the month? That would be right after school gets out for Travis and would miss all of her sister/SILs’ due dates most likely. That’d be a quick turnaround for a wedding, but the Duggars just did it with Jed so it’s possible. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The person who cut it closest was Alyssa Campana Morton. She was in Mariah’s wedding and gave birth less than 24 hours later. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 3

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The person who cut it closest was Alyssa Campana Morton. She was in Mariah’s wedding and gave birth less than 24 hours later. 

Imagine the ratings if Whitney, who always has a crowd at her births, went into labor during Katie and Travis's wedding. Kelly Jo wouldn't know where to point that phone. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Judging on her comment on someone’s Instagram, possibly her own, that it’s happening sooner than you think I’ve got a feeling she’s looking at a late May wedding, maybe the last weekend of the month? That would be right after school gets out for Travis and would miss all of her sister/SILs’ due dates most likely. That’d be a quick turnaround for a wedding, but the Duggars just did it with Jed so it’s possible. 

Completely agree.

Travis's sister also got married lightening fast. Kaye got engaged Nov. 26, and then married Feb. 28. Yeah, that's three months, but that's three months INCLUDING Christmas. In many ways it's more akin to two months, because December is pure chaos especially as it comes to scheduling and fittings and weird hours and things being closed and weeks being blocked off. I would be very unsurprised if much of Kaye's stuff happened in purely January and February, which is nuts.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Katie will have a matron and also a maid of honour? 

Poor Kelly. She is not Katie’s best friend. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

36 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Katie will have a matron and also a maid of honour? 

Someone mentioned in a previous post that when Katie and Carlin were putting the bridesmaids boxes together, it looked like 2 were larger/different from the rest, and Travis's sister had opened one of the larger ones. I'm thinking the other was Josie's. So it would be 2 matrons of honor if that's the case.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Someone mentioned in a previous post that when Katie and Carlin were putting the bridesmaids boxes together, it looked like 2 were larger/different from the rest, and Travis's sister had opened one of the larger ones. I'm thinking the other was Josie's. So it would be 2 matrons of honor if that's the case.

the one that Josie opened as a high cube white one that matched with the other five i counted the one that Kay opened was rectangle and brown.... 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So how many boxes are unaccounted for at his point? 

I counted 6 (but there may have been more out of shot)

carlin, Kaye, Josie, Alyssa,  a friend so one left 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic