IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

On 3/2/2021 at 5:58 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Ok I don't have a life today. Been busting my brains trying to figure out why Northern fundies like the Clark's would practice no touching. I'm very certain it's the parents that probably challenged them to do that to prove the other person is actually in love with them and not after them for their "money". The Clark's appear to be very well off and affluent Christians in that area. Can't chance any scandals or broken hearts tarnishing the family name. They only have 3 kids. Kayla just got married. Two sons left who looked determined to not be caught in a picture showing any type of emotion. Just found out Mike Clark's girlfriend is biracial. Hugs all around for other friends except her boyfriend. Both couples are saying, "I love you". I guess that's a good thing, but I bet it's killing Katie to not at least hold his hand. Well, I guess it will be worth it.

I consider this to be high quality analysis and I'm running with it ??

With Katie I feel so 50/50 because she seems like such a mix of all of her older sisters. She knows she looks just like Erin and so she'll be affectionate with Erin on Social Media and Cherin weren't quite as strict, but they were still pretty strict. As was Michaela and Brandon, although I'm still so fond of Michaela being like "I hug my friends at church, I'm hugging Brandon," and I do think there is a legit argument that holding hands is more intimate than hugging.

That said, she hangs out with Josie and Alyssa all of the time, two of the more "liberal" sisters in regard to pants and shorts and all of that. Is that what she wants? Maybe. Or maybe she's good in skirts as long as Travis keeps her ice cream addiction well fed. Skirts aren't a battle that everyone picks. I'm argumentative by nature, but I grew up in skirts and the only thing that bothered me was the below-the-knee requirement.

As for the touching... While it's obvious she wants to touch him, who could blame her? He's cute and hormones exist. But I don't know that she's particularly upset with the rule, depending on the level of koolaid she's drank.

• Upvote 9

Travis posted that his brother is engaged. The photos look like a carbon copy of their sister’s engagement a few months ago. 

Who wants to bet that Katie and Kelly are piling the pressure on Travis right about now? 

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Travis posted that his brother is engaged. The photos look like a carbon copy of their sister’s engagement a few months ago. 

Who wants to bet that Katie and Kelly are piling the pressure on Travis right about now? 

I saw. She looks so uncomfortable and miserable. Judging a book by its cover they just didn’t give off good Companion vibes. But hey what does this old spinster with terrible taste in men know? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

In the preview for the new season, doesn't Gill say an engagement is far down the line? I say Gil won't let Travis propose till after Katie turns 21 in October. They get engaged by the end of the year. 2022 wedding.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

I would imagine that both sets of parents (excluding Kelly because she is just silly) would want Travis and Katie to wait until Travis has graduated. Katie has already qualified as a beautician/hairdresser and is hopefully working and saving. I cannot see Travis moving away from his family so Katie will have to leave and cleave which is probably no bad thing. In the next year or two Nathan, Lawson, maybe Trace and definitely Katie will be married leaving “just” eight kids at home. That’s more than enough people for Addallee and Ellie to look after whilst finishing up home school and performing babysitting duties. One day Kelly will have no girls left at home and will have to do some housework herself! 

• Upvote 12

@AngelfaceI bet she dread that day, hopefully, this would mean that the girls will have to wait a couple of years more to get married meaning they will not shift from sister/aunt mom to mother themselves without having time to enjoy even a little bit their 20

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

In the preview for the new season, doesn't Gill say an engagement is far down the line? I say Gil won't let Travis propose till after Katie turns 21 in October. They get engaged by the end of the year. 2022 wedding.

I saw the preview for the new season again and when asked about a ring, Travis told the person that she will probably be waiting a long time. Then Gil says something similar about the engagement being far down the line in the interviews.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

when travis said that it was in November based off Katie's instagram, but it probably ly won't be until august because travis's brother didn't propose to his girlfriend until a few weeks after His sister got married on February 27. Travis's brother is getting married August 14

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I saw the preview for the new season again and when asked about a ring, Travis told the person that she will probably be waiting a long time. Then Gil says something similar about the engagement being far down the line in the interviews.

Yeah, but that was all filmed last year. Who knows where they're at now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

when travis said that it was in November based off Katie's instagram, but it probably ly won't be until august because travis's brother didn't propose to his girlfriend until a few weeks after His sister got married on February 27. Travis's brother is getting married August 14

Travis just turned 20, his older brother just turned 22, and I think the sister is 23? Sister graduated "college" in 2019 according to social media, and it looks like brother is a junior or senior, so the Clarks definitely don't object to engagement before finishing school......and we know KJ doesn't either, so it's up to Gil to slow down the Travistie train lmao

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Clark family courtship/touching standards are so interesting to me. Katie can have a death grip on Travis's arm with her right hand, but her left hand has to be hovering awkwardly above his chest? If I'm remembering correctly, one of his siblings had similar engagement photos. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

The Clark family courtship/touching standards are so interesting to me. Katie can have a death grip on Travis's arm with her right hand, but her left hand has to be hovering awkwardly above his chest? If I'm remembering correctly, one of his siblings had similar engagement photos. 

Here are his siblings engagement pics. Kayla’s one is very similar to Travis and Katie’s. Also, the Clarks managed to get all of their kids and engaged in like 4 and a half months. 

1A1B2F7F-2263-4322-8E01-0812EEC2E7D4.thumb.jpeg.e544fc4f074da831f77f25a240a092b0.jpeg
C2E08529-A843-4BB5-A65B-9C4DF5F31C5B.thumb.jpeg.52fc8c3097a7c370f939430c012af4c9.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

That engagement happened faster than I expected, but it isn’t a real surprise. Oh well... 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I wonder what this means for his time in college? He would be able to finish his sophomore year (good God) but then...stay in school with a wife and babies coming? How would that work if Katie quit her job to b a mom? 

Also very BEC, but her nails look so very pointy to me. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Here are his siblings engagement pics. Kayla’s one is very similar to Travis and Katie’s. Also, the Clarks managed to get all of their kids and engaged in like 4 and a half months. 

Spoiler

1A1B2F7F-2263-4322-8E01-0812EEC2E7D4.thumb.jpeg.e544fc4f074da831f77f25a240a092b0.jpeg

Spoiler

C2E08529-A843-4BB5-A65B-9C4DF5F31C5B.thumb.jpeg.52fc8c3097a7c370f939430c012af4c9.jpeg

They want those kids out of the house ASAP, lol.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I wonder what this means for his time in college? He would be able to finish his sophomore year (good God) but then...stay in school with a wife and babies coming? How would that work if Katie quit her job to b a mom? 

Also very BEC, but her nails look so very pointy to me. 

I could see him staying in college while married as long as his parents keep paying for it and possibly paying for some other things. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Wait they’ve only been courting for a year? Seems like way longer. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Just now, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Wait they’ve only been courting for a year? Seems like way longer. 

They met in June 2019, started dating around that time and then started official courtship in March 2020. The Bates usually have a dating period and then a courting period. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, raayx01 said:

They probably won't get married til September because his brother gets married in August

Or they could have a double wedding! Lol doubt it but it would be fun to snark on. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They probably won't get married til September because his brother gets married in August

Or jump in front and marry in July?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, lexiloumarie said:

Or jump in front and marry in July?

I would be pissed if I were Mike and my little brother who got engaged after me to get married before me

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic