IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Has Katie ever mentioned what season she would want to get married in? I think she's forceful and opinionated enough to stick with it. I would normally think they'd have a six month engagement since they're so young and he's still in school; however, because he's in school, they very well may have it over the summer. 

With Carlin having such a larger, more formal wedding than the other daughters, I'm interested to see what Katie gets. Wouldn't be surprised if his family pitches in a bit to make it happen. I think Katie would like something more like Carlin's than Josie's or Erin's. Bright colors I think, but then again muted wedding colors are in and she seems trendy. 

I think the honeymoon will be to a foreign country and Key West won't cut it. 

Oh my bad on the key west. Lol  I am a normal person that cares about covid and is currently home country bound. So I forgot fundies give no shit about galavanting their germs and Christian virtues all over the world.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

On 4/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, FluffySnowball said:

That engagement happened faster than I expected, but it isn’t a real surprise. Oh well... 

I’m not surprised either.  In the upcoming previews, she was almost as annoying as Tori was when she wanted her ring. 

1 hour ago, gthesecond said:

Looks like she's moving to NJ. 

Eyla42HUUAQgdfi.jpeg

I was telling my kids we have to be on the lookout for her whenever we’re in Berlin (after they get married).  LOL

33 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh my bad on the key west. Lol  I am a normal person that cares about covid and is currently home country bound. So I forgot fundies give no shit about galavanting their germs and Christian virtues all over the world.  

In the last episode, Kelly was going on about how careful they were. I was yelling at the tv—you guys have been gallivanting all over the place. ?

• Upvote 19

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So what tips are in on the upcoming Travistie wedding. Date summer? Fall?

colours?

bridesmaids and groomsmen 

I think a late Aug/early Sept wedding, they'll have all of "summer break" to plan (presuming Travis is still in school). I expect Josie to be MOH, and bridesmaids to include Carlin, Tori, Alyssa, her SILs Kayla and Deven, at least. Maybe the little girls as jr bridesmaids. No clue about groomsmen other than his brother Mike. Definitely Willow as flower girl! I could see her doing a variety of colors like Carlin, but less pastel-y and more sunset/dusk-y to fit the season. I hope she picks a dress style that's more fitted! 

I hope their wedding pictures look more natural than their no-touch courtship pictures. I swear Katie's death grip on Travis any time she does happen to be touching his arm is almost as bad as newly-engaged Josh-and-Anna handsex...

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I think a late Aug/early Sept wedding, they'll have all of "summer break" to plan (presuming Travis is still in school). I expect Josie to be MOH, and bridesmaids to include Carlin, Tori, Alyssa, her SILs Kayla and Deven, at least. Maybe the little girls as jr bridesmaids. No clue about groomsmen other than his brother Mike. Definitely Willow as flower girl! I could see her doing a variety of colors like Carlin, but less pastel-y and more sunset/dusk-y to fit the season. I hope she picks a dress style that's more fitted! 

I hope their wedding pictures look more natural than their no-touch courtship pictures. I swear Katie's death grip on Travis any time she does happen to be touching his arm is almost as bad as newly-engaged Josh-and-Anna handsex...

I hope her hair is not bleach frizzled and bouffant 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I hope her hair is not bleach frizzled and bouffant 

and yet, she seems to have made bleached and teased and straggly extensions her *look*... I'm hopeful she'll outgrow that trend eventually? Erin got over the bouffant-with-ringlet-curls after awhile....lol

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

In the pictures the Bates family posted on Instagram, Katie is hugging her dad but not her fiancé. That is fucking insane and her siblings have to have opinions on it. None of them had no touch courtships. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 4/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

In the pictures the Bates family posted on Instagram, Katie is hugging her dad but not her fiancé. That is fucking insane and her siblings have to have opinions on it. None of them had no touch courtships. 

Hey now, Katie touches Travis whenever she smears food on his face!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Here are his siblings engagement pics. Kayla’s one is very similar to Travis and Katie’s. Also, the Clarks managed to get all of their kids and engaged in like 4 and a half months. 

1A1B2F7F-2263-4322-8E01-0812EEC2E7D4.thumb.jpeg.e544fc4f074da831f77f25a240a092b0.jpeg
C2E08529-A843-4BB5-A65B-9C4DF5F31C5B.thumb.jpeg.52fc8c3097a7c370f939430c012af4c9.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.90f3fb10277269a48ff34ac9025fe5d5.png

Is it just me or did they all basically have the same proposal?

• Outdoors
  • Flowers & accent foliage
  • Lights/candles/both
  • Signs/letters

Travis just needed to add some pictures from their courtship and we would have had a perfect trifecta.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.90f3fb10277269a48ff34ac9025fe5d5.png

Is it just me or did they all basically have the same proposal?

• Outdoors
  • Flowers & accent foliage
  • Lights/candles/both
  • Signs/letters

Travis just needed to add some pictures from their courtship and we would have had a perfect trifecta.

No chaperone dog! Travis doesn't have a chaperone dog!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, gthesecond said:

Looks like she's moving to NJ. 

Eyla42HUUAQgdfi.jpeg

I think she'll be a lot less excited once she has her first election and realizes how liberal NJ is. In my hometown (which to be fair is in north/central NJ, a very different part of NJ) every winter there was a big debate on if the town decorations were too christmas-y.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

On 4/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I've been saying it the whole time. They always just stood close to each other and that's it. I'm so pissed for Michael's fiance because they're engaged...and he still keeps his hands in his pockets. Does anyone know more about Travis's parents?? All I know is someone on Tik Tok went to school with them and said that big white house was actually gifted to them from their church ?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I've been saying it the whole time. They always just stood close to each other and that's it. I'm so pissed for Michael's fiance because they're engaged...and he still keeps his hands in his pockets. Does anyone know more about Travis's parents?? All I know is someone on Tik Tok went to school with them and said that big white house was actually gifted to them from their church ?

From what I can find online, it looks like Travis's grandfather started the church (Solid Rock Baptist Church), and his grandfather and uncle are still the pastors, while his father is principal of the associated Christian school and in charge of music ministry for the church. There is also an affiliated college (Vision Baptist College), which is where Travis goes to school. So it wouldn't be surprising if the house was gifted to them through the church/school/their family.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

The fact that there are only three kids makes me think they can keep their kids in line better and under their control. Gil and Kelly just don’t have the time and energy to keep all 19 of their kids under their control. This family is disturbing. The more I learn, the more they turn my stomach. Katie’s life will be highly controlled by the Clark family. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think she'll be a lot less excited once she has her first election and realizes how liberal NJ is. In my hometown (which to be fair is in north/central NJ, a very different part of NJ) every winter there was a big debate on if the town decorations were too christmas-y.

I'm not from New Jersey, but from a blue state. We have plenty of conservatives here, including Trumpers.  I doubt Katie will have trouble finding people to hang with. Meeting through church should make that easier. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 4/13/2021 at 6:22 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fact that there are only three kids makes me think they can keep their kids in line better and under their control. Gil and Kelly just don’t have the time and energy to keep all 19 of their kids under their control. This family is disturbing. The more I learn, the more they turn my stomach. Katie’s life will be highly controlled by the Clark family. 

Do you think Katie is actually imagining her life married life will be like Josie and Carlin? She’ll be “free”, leave for the honeymoon with jeans in the suitcase and be able to work after? Her husband makes the decisions? She was really excited to start working with Effortless Beauty and learn new tips and tricks. Does she think they’ll eventually end up in close to home like Tori and Michael? So many questions…

I agree Tavis’s parents have way more control during courtship, than Gill and Kelly and that’s saying something. Ex: Michael front hugging, Tori refusing to leave room for the Holy Spirit. Plus, Tavis is still in school and just bought a house. More ties to New Jersey. I’ve wondered if Travis and Katie “cheat” on the Clark courtship restrictions, especially when they are being chaperoned by Kelton and Josie. Maybe some hand holding and hugging? Maybe that's why Katie would think her life will be what she wants. The no kissing is bad enough, but not being able to hold hands is just ridiculous. Oh wait, maybe the Clarks saw Josh and Anna’s hand sex! And there went hand holding!

The Bates current income stream lasts as long as the TV show. The Clark’s appear to have a generational stream of money ministry.

Edited by Mom to Nell
Added thought
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Travis seems like the kind of guy who toes the line. Even moreso than Brandon. I doubt he’s breaking any rules. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

This may have already been posted but Katie just started a business with the other two girls that she probably won’t even get to work at, moving out of state and all that.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sansan said:

This may have already been posted but Katie just started a business with the other two girls that she probably won’t even get to work at, moving out of state and all that.

what do you mean "just started a business with the other two girls"? Josie and her friend Grace started Effortless Beauty, over a year ago now, and Katie's been working for them since she finished school last summer. They've got other stylists as well. and on the most recent BUB I believe Katie says she thinks she'll work with the company about a year - which she will if she gets married this summer/fall. 

• Upvote 15

17 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

what do you mean "just started a business with the other two girls"? Josie and her friend Grace started Effortless Beauty, over a year ago now, and Katie's been working for them since she finished school last summer. They've got other stylists as well. and on the most recent BUB I believe Katie says she thinks she'll work with the company about a year - which she will if she gets married this summer/fall. 

Oooookkkkk, my timing may be off.

• Upvote 2

Katie may also be okay wearing skirts and dresses forever. I worked with a women who loved them. All four of her sisters and mom wore pants but she didn’t. Travis may also be okay with her wearing pants after they marry. We won’t know until later. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 4/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, OHFL2009 said:

From what I can find online, it looks like Travis's grandfather started the church (Solid Rock Baptist Church), and his grandfather and uncle are still the pastors, while his father is principal of the associated Christian school and in charge of music ministry for the church. There is also an affiliated college (Vision Baptist College), which is where Travis goes to school. So it wouldn't be surprising if the house was gifted to them through the church/school/their family.

I see students from Vision (fairly?) often. At least a few times per year. Now I’ll have to be on the lookout for bates sightings ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

So from her Insta story it looks like she is having 6 bridesmaids. She was making up bridesmaids packs. Apparently she was having a hard time deciding between all her sister and her friends. There was two out of those four boxes that were more elaborate so she may be having a maid and a matron of honour maybe. So my tips are Josie Carlin Travis sister Alyssa and Erin. And the last one who knows a friend or another sister. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic