IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

@BeccaGrim I would have the hardest time with the weather, I bet.  I've been reading about how horribly hot it's been in various places around the US lately and it just sounds so miserable.  We're in New England so it's been a very hot summer for us, but at least mostly below 100.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@BeccaGrim I would have the hardest time with the weather, I bet.  I've been reading about how horribly hot it's been in various places around the US lately and it just sounds so miserable.  We're in New England so it's been a very hot summer for us, but at least mostly below 100.

Yassssss personally I like having seasons and snow! I can't imagine being in the South where it's warm all the time. I personally hate the heat. 

• Upvote 3

I just moved to Florida from New Jersey, just before summer. This has been....fun...?

ETA: Also, I'm from northern NJ, outside of NYC. Where Travis is from is likewayyy south jersey, right outside of Philly. THESE ARE VERY DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE, FOLKS! Us north jerseyans don't believe they are even part of our state (sorry to those southern NJ FJers...). 

But in terms of Katie potentially moving there an adjusting, it will be fine. It's a lot of farm land in the southern part of the state, and the strong northern accents don't exist there (more Philly/Baltimore accents).

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I live about two hours south of the Bates family.  We have four seasons here, though our winters have been very mild the past few years.  It's usually in the 50's on Christmas day.  The past few years it's been in the 70's. This summer only a few days have been mid-90's. It's usually mid-80s.  We're starting to get cooler nights now, but the days are still hot.  Now Florida, that's hot & humid weather, especially this time of year, with "feels like" temps in the low 100's.

Edited by whitney37354
  • Upvote 1

On 9/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

I just moved to Florida from New Jersey, just before summer. This has been....fun...?

ETA: Also, I'm from northern NJ, outside of NYC. Where Travis is from is likewayyy south jersey, right outside of Philly. THESE ARE VERY DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE, FOLKS! Us north jerseyans don't believe they are even part of our state (sorry to those southern NJ FJers...). 

But in terms of Katie potentially moving there an adjusting, it will be fine. It's a lot of farm land in the southern part of the state, and the strong northern accents don't exist there (more Philly/Baltimore accents).

Where exactly is he from? I am from south jersey, right outside of philly. There are some farms where I am but mostly just normal suburbs. I noticed he took her to a restaurant that’s basically up the street from my house.

• Upvote 2

It looks like it is officially around Berlin. A bit East of Cherry Hill. Looks more rural to me but I could be wrong!

ETA: @LegHumperBibleThumper I saw it was near Hammonton, which I have been to. Where I was there was near nothing else ?

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

It looks like it is officially around Berlin. A bit East of Cherry Hill. Looks more rural to me but I could be wrong!

ETA: @LegHumperBibleThumper I saw it was near Hammonton, which I have been to. Where I was there was near nothing else ?

Hammonton is blueberry country and about 40 mins from cherry hill which isnt really much farm land. Berlin is a good mix. Thanks for clarifying his location! Super close to me. I could bump into them at any moment!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Hammonton is blueberry country and about 40 mins from cherry hill which isnt really much farm land. Berlin is a good mix. Thanks for clarifying his location! Super close to me. I could bump into them at any moment!

I understand! I saw where Alyssa Webster lives and that’s now pretty close to me. In fact, I saw a local salon post her picture in a community FB group I’m in advertising their services. I feel wayyy more in fundie territory in central Florida than I ever did in Northern NJ, unless you’re talking about a fundie Jewish population. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/12/2020 at 9:21 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

In fact, I saw a local salon post her picture in a community FB group I’m in advertising their services. 

I wouldn't want to go to a salon with her picture. She always looks put together but her hair doesn't scream "come see us at this salon to get the same thing done".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I on R/BringingUpBates that there is some speculation about Katie's engagement on when it will be and who will be in her wedding party, some poster think Katie and Travis will not last because of how immature she acts with him and because his family seems to be pretty strict on dresses only for woman's when she has seen the sisters closer to her age dressing more modern with pants, top, and generally having more clothing freedom than the girls still at home...what do you think? 

In case they don't last this will be the first female failed courtship and they have been together for a while now, more than a year, I feel like if they had to broke up it will have already happen, but at the same time I could see the problem with how annoying she is acting and the Clarks family feeling annoyed by that 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I on R/BringingUpBates that there is some speculation about Katie's engagement on when it will be and who will be in her wedding party, some poster think Katie and Travis will not last because of how immature she acts with him and because his family seems to be pretty strict on dresses only for woman's when she has seen the sisters closer to her age dressing more modern with pants, top, and generally having more clothing freedom than the girls still at home...what do you think? 

In case they don't last this will be the first female failed courtship and they have been together for a while now, more than a year, I feel like if they had to broke up it will have already happen, but at the same time I could see the problem with how annoying she is acting and the Clarks family feeling annoyed by that 

The thing is he is just in his second year of college. If they have to wait until he finishes thats 2 years and a half from now. A lot of time to second guess their decission, specially since he doesnt seem that in love with her. But we dont know if they are going to wait that much. If they get engaged this year and marry next spring i see them making it to the altar.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I am a bit behind on the Katie/Travis front... why is she annoying the Clark family?

On a side note, does someone know if Katie is still into flying planes? 

• Upvote 3

I'm guessing it was Travis who decided on a "no touch" courtship. Difficult to tell if there is much chemistry due to one episode and a few pictures. Katie has expressed her feelings and he wrote that cheesy song. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm guessing it was Travis who decided on a "no touch" courtship. Difficult to tell if there is much chemistry due to one episode and a few pictures. Katie has expressed her feelings and he wrote that cheesy song. 

I haven’t watched the show but dang, a no touch courtship is definitely stricter than Carlin and Josie’s were. His family does seem super fundie and maybe she’s on the same page as him with her beliefs? I know she dresses trendy but maybe she doesn’t believe in or like the idea of wearing pants like her sisters do. I am interested to see how long their courtship will be and when they get married because I think it’s going to still be a little longer still since he’s in school. Fundie men are supposed to provide and he doesn’t seem to have a job while going to school except his family’s music and that can’t support them both. At least Evan was and still is working while he’s learning electrician things. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Really it's only about half of her sisters that do. Michalea, Tori, and Erin have stayed skirts only with Alyssa, Josie, and Carlin going for pants. It may be a non-issue- she's never worn pants to have to give anything up. 

• Upvote 9

@JanasTattooParlorit looks like Travis comes from money and I'm curious if they would be ok with them still living at home after marriage until he gets on his feet. Alot of mainstream families do this as well. Have you seen that BIG white house? Plenty of room for 1 more. Regardless of money and talent, I'm still disappointed that Travis ended up being Katie's type. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, FighterJet said:

I am a bit behind on the Katie/Travis front... why is she annoying the Clark family?

You could see clips on Instagram still I think (not sure) basically she is always overt the top when with the Clark family, she has smashed cake on Travis after he asks her to don't do it because he was dressed well (like church-going or so) generally she always looks like she is trying too much to be funny and come off as silly and annoying at least on video, and judging by some looks around the family not too funny even in person. It could just be that she is young and in love and maybe not yet so comfortable with his family around (I know I have done something like this around the family if a kid I like when I was like 14...) The problem in judging her/her acting is that we only see some pics here and there, and I think an episode or two 

• Upvote 8

34 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

You could see clips on Instagram still I think (not sure) basically she is always overt the top when with the Clark family, she has smashed cake on Travis after he asks her to don't do it because he was dressed well (like church-going or so) generally she always looks like she is trying too much to be funny and come off as silly and annoying at least on video, and judging by some looks around the family not too funny even in person. It could just be that she is young and in love and maybe not yet so comfortable with his family around (I know I have done something like this around the family if a kid I like when I was like 14...) The problem in judging her/her acting is that we only see some pics here and there, and I think an episode or two 

Sounds like the typical teen to me.

It's possible she doesn't even realize or understand why the Clarks wouldn't be amused by her antics. Maybe they'd envision more self-containment from a future daughter-in-law?

Katie seems quite active, I hope she doesn't lose her "spark"*. It would be a pity if she felt pressured to change the way she presents herself because of the Clarks' perceptions. She may find Travis cute and interesting now that he's 19 and composes songs, but will she think the same in 5, 10, 20 years? It depends on him and on what he's really like. If she clings onto him because she and her family think he's "a catch", then I can see her partly following Jinger's steps in the future towards Stepford wifedom.

*I am not talking about maturing, or being annoying, which she will hopefully outgrow. I am referring to her personality.

5 hours ago, FighterJet said:

She was asked if she would finish her pilot lessons in a recent facebook live and she replied she has too many things going on at the moment, that Covid messed up her schedule and that she usually starts things and never finishes them, so doesnt look like it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I’m betting engagement for her 20th birthday next month. 

Dang, I hope not. But your bet will probably be correct. She is probably very ready to move to NJ. I guess 20 isn't so bad. Sigh....

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, llucie said:

She was asked if she would finish her pilot lessons in a recent facebook live and she replied she has too many things going on at the moment, that Covid messed up her schedule and that she usually starts things and never finishes them, so doesnt look like it.

I think the whole thing was just an empty episode plot filler, never intended to go anywhere by anyone.

• Upvote 3

Looks like Travis has been in TN recently. Pic posted on instagram 5hrs ago. And yes they are wearing $168 Ralph Lauren, Polo bear sweat shirts. Well damn....

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic