IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

On 11/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

think what stands out to me about the way the Bates girls demand and beg for a ring (engagement) is that it seems a bit disingenuous to the family line about dating and courtships being a time of getting to know each other and seeing if God is moving them toward marriage. They speak a lot about God's will and the person God has for them, but they don't seem to actually trust or act on that idea. Instead, they basically direct it themselves by overtly hinting, badgering, or begging the guy.

I don't find Bates genuine religious people. They are blind believers for sure, but I think Gil and Kelly decided to be quiverful because the appeal of that way of life. Then, the more children, the more grifting, the less work hours for Gil. The more children, the more maids, the less home chores for Kelly. The more children, the more they climbed in the cult, and finally the biggest prize: be on TV.

I see nothing that show how good Christians Bates are. Their flying ministry (medicorps?) is a dark business that blatantly lies because no genuine *medic* is involved. They use poor children to get nice pictures. Everything is about money and instagram. I doubt Jesus would approve.

Many of the girls are materialistic and only focused in marriage and... Instagram. Clothes makeup photoshoot clothes  babiiiiezzzz clothes shop-my-clothes photoshoot.

Going to church and having babies do not make anybody Christian. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 22
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 15

@Melissa1977 I totally agree. Actually, the more “pious” sisters (Erin, Michaela, Tori) don’t post on Instagram as much... I think because they aren’t as obsessed with image, materialism, or the social media world in general. Sure the others might just be in it for lucrative reasons, but I actually think those two were the older siblings who actually were around when their parents beliefs were more altruistic (before TV) and were raised when things weren’t fudged for the audience. Erin posted a caption that made it seem like she was explaining why she doesn’t post with the frequency as some of her sisters and even came off as passive aggressive towards them! 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

The three who post a lot would be Carlin, Josie, and Alyssa?  With Katie following suit?  I actually Lawson is the biggest poster of them all with Trace coming in 2nd. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

The three who post a lot would be Carlin, Josie, and Alyssa?  With Katie following suit?  I actually Lawson is the biggest poster of them all with Trace coming in 2nd. 

Last post from Trace is 2 weeks old. I dont think he is one of the bigger posters of the family. Definetely Lawson, Carlin, Josie and Alyssa are the ones that use more of their social media. Josie for me is the worst because almost everything she post contains Ads.

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, llucie said:

Last post from Trace is 2 weeks old. I dont think he is one of the bigger posters of the family. Definetely Lawson, Carlin, Josie and Alyssa are the ones that use more of their social media. Josie for me is the worst because almost everything she post contains Ads.

I feel like he's constantly on his IG story.  Posting about shooting, flying, or working Paine Construction. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, llucie said:

Alyssa didn't use to post very much in her first account, the one that got hacked. When she came back she started to post the thousand grifted outfits and then she started her youtube channel. I think she does the same as Josie, posting in order to obtain some kind of benefit. Lawson and Carlin are the typical social networks addicts, but at least it fits their personalities and they enjoy posting! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 11/28/2020 at 4:07 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I don't find Bates genuine religious people. They are blind believers for sure, but I think Gil and Kelly decided to be quiverful because the appeal of that way of life. Then, the more children, the more grifting, the less work hours for Gil. The more children, the more maids, the less home chores for Kelly. The more children, the more they climbed in the cult, and finally the biggest prize: be on TV.

I see nothing that show how good Christians Bates are. Their flying ministry (medicorps?) is a dark business that blatantly lies because no genuine *medic* is involved. They use poor children to get nice pictures. Everything is about money and instagram. I doubt Jesus would approve.

Many of the girls are materialistic and only focused in marriage and... Instagram. Clothes makeup photoshoot clothes  babiiiiezzzz clothes shop-my-clothes photoshoot.

Going to church and having babies do not make anybody Christian. 

Even if a genuine medic was involved, Mediccorps wouldn't seem legit. They don't seem to be properly connected. They just show up in area, get "involved" and no one questions it cause they have guns and badges, and there's too much chaos.  Also they deliberately copied the name of a legitimate charity Medicorps, so it seems like they're trying to fool people. 

• Upvote 12

On 11/30/2020 at 11:01 PM, llucie said:

Erin posted today an story about how she doesnt use her instagram for doing Ads (while doing an Ad for a leather covering for bibles, but i guess she is not getting paid for doing it, which sounds dumb), i found it funny because we were just talking about this! To be honest i hadnt noticed she didnt until she pointed it out. Seems like a dig at her sisters that do Ads.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Erin posted today an story about how she doesnt use her instagram for doing Ads (while doing an Ad for a leather covering for bibles, but i guess she is not getting paid for doing it, which sounds dumb), i found it funny because we were just talking about this! To be honest i hadnt noticed she didnt until she pointed it out. Seems like a dig at her sisters that do Ads.

I wonder what her reasons behind not doing them? I find them all dipsticks but I don’t begrudge them their ads. I mean I ain’t going to  buy their crap but they are not stealing from anyone,  it’s an “honest” earning. They can have it. 

• Upvote 14

• 2 weeks later...

Are they actually gonna last. Travis's sister got engaged after a year and his brother is already at a year with his girlfriend so I expect an engagement sooner than later. Travis and Katie will be courting a year in March which by then His sister would have gotten married by late February (27), If they weren't going to end up together wouldn't they have already broken up, they spend all lot of time together for being long distance. Trace and Chaney were already broken up by now. 

• Upvote 6

I still don’t know what to make of Travastie. 
I’m not sure if this is how it is in real life or just how it comes across online/on tv, but I think Katie likes his family’s money. At least that what she portrays on social media and the few clips I’ve seen of the show. As much as I hate long, mushy posts about how great a boyfriend/husband is, Travis never gets that from Katie. It’s 100% okay to keep that info private (that’s what I would do), but it seems like she treats him as more of a prop/accessory. She loves the Ralph Lauren clothes more than anything the Bates Sisters Boutique sells. It seems like she cares more about her own image of being with her cute, wealthy boyfriend than him as a person. I hope that’s not the case. 
TL;DR - I hope Katie really does love Travis; at times it seems like she just treats him like her one-way ticket out of frumper-land. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

On 12/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I dunno I have a feeling in my waters a Travistie proposal is on the cards this visit.... 

015E5D75-2B8E-46D7-A1C8-8CC959FA5644.png

That could so easily be the face of a twelve-year old boy.

I honestly hope he doesn't propose. He could do better. He seems like a smart, sensible kid. Katie comes across as silly, immature and desperate to follow her sisters' path down the road to a big wedding, lots of gifts, babies, and instagram success. She doesn't seem very deep and I really think Travis is a prop to her.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

Well he definitely isn't slack about visiting her when he can. I agree about not wanting him to propose yet. We all know that's not going to stop Kelly and others from putting pressure on him. I hope Travis's family is encouraging him to be "sure" he is ready to be a husband and dad. Bates women get pregnant VERY quickly.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Getting in early calling the future mother in law Mom....

EA499E43-0495-42BC-B374-AA38E4537806.png

I called my ex’s parents mom and dad. We weren’t married, his choice not mine, but I enjoyed spending time with them. We were together five years, we lived together for almost three, so it’s a little bit different. Can’t snark to much for that. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced Travis is the strict one with this courtship. No way I believe Katie doesn't want to touch more. Lawson & Nathan are very cuddly with their girlfriends. Travis and Katie just stand close together. Not once have I seen a picture of them holding hands. I know things will probably change once they get engaged. Oh, and I realize people can be in love and not touch much. Katie has had a chance to witness several relationships. She was probably too young to even care about Erin & Chad's courtship but her other older sisters were more "hands on" at this stage in the relationship. 

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Travis’ family definitely has strict rules. If you look at the pics of Travis siblings and their significant others, they have that same kind of body language.

Spoiler

071AB313-8230-4D2B-8622-7571BC95B786.thumb.jpeg.7b9be5cd4b17f1e52004b33c211444ea.jpeg

Spoiler

4CB98279-8C9E-44C9-BA02-829691CD9208.thumb.jpeg.67e93b9d7fbf2679775a6c13cf47f21f.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Travis’ family definitely has strict rules. If you look at the pics of Travis siblings and their significant others, they have that same kind of body language.

Hide contents

071AB313-8230-4D2B-8622-7571BC95B786.thumb.jpeg.7b9be5cd4b17f1e52004b33c211444ea.jpeg

Hide contents

4CB98279-8C9E-44C9-BA02-829691CD9208.thumb.jpeg.67e93b9d7fbf2679775a6c13cf47f21f.jpeg

I absolutely agree with you. There is another engagement pic of Kay and she is barely touching her fiance. You can literally see a small gap between them. Did they even hug each other? Hope they did better for their official engagement photo. 

• Upvote 7

Mike Clark's girlfriend (I assume she is) is very modest-looking. I wonder what the family think about Katie's looks.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Mike Clark's girlfriend (I assume she is) is very modest-looking. I wonder what the family think about Katie's looks.

Once you've over bleached your hair and had  your eyebrows tinted or tattooed, it's a bit difficult to look natural. She would probably be a  better match for a Clark family daughter in law if she toned it down a bit. I don't think she realises that.

• Upvote 5

But why should Katie have to change for Travis' family?

@Melissa1977 and @Sops2, you have raised some really good concerns here. I wonder if the Clarks' standards are even stricter than the Bateses' standards. It's also possible that while on paper the Bateses and the Clarks have the same standards, in reality the Bates kids have a lot more freedom.

It looks like Katie might be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Travis may be a sweetheart himself, but his family seems pretty controlling and just as legalistic as Katie's. The other sons-in-law (at least Evan, Kelton, and Chad) are self-supporting and their families are accordingly able to set their own standards, but if Travis is joining the family business he may not have that freedom. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens if they eventually marry.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

So Travis just posted that he bought a house and will be doing renovations. I don’t know if it’s an investment sort of thing or potential future home for him and Katie. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

Well...if we're talking about the future, they probably gonna outgrow that house pretty fast. But it's still cute and cozy. Look forward to seeing the renovations.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic