IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

Travis posted about traveling across the country, during the pandemic, and getting within a few inches of someone with cancer (4th pic). How stupid can you be?? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

So Travis and Katie are celebrating one year today, do you think there will be an official engagement soon or they will wait a little bit more? I honestly don't remember how long Carlin and Tory relationships were before the engagement 

Screenshot_20200628-122320_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-121514_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 6

Well, posting anniversaries sounds like they're already planning on marriage, so just get on with it.

I'm surprised at the 'magical moments' thing.  Isn't magic considered a bad thing with them?  Like Satan or Harry Potter type stuff?  Aren't they worried that Satan will apparate in and photo bomb them?  I want to see Lucifer standing behind them wearing round glasses, dark hair, and a scar on his forehead, grinning and holding up both hands with the middle finger prominently displayed.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

@Flossie now I can't not imagine Tom Ellis as Lucifer on the back of the photo. Ugh you are right for the anniversary posting, I guess we will ear something soon, maybe even before the end of the year.

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Katie is getting a bit too brassy blonde.

Her hair looks very dry and out of condition- what did they teach her in cosmetology? - gentlemen prefer blondes?

But as the saying goes, they marry brunettes...

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Katie is getting a bit too brassy blonde.

Her hair looks very dry and out of condition- what did they teach her in cosmetology? - gentlemen prefer blondes?

But as the saying goes, they marry brunettes...

I have been thinking that for ages. Her hair looks so brittle. Also I want to add that this pic makes me thinks she is joining an 80s metal band named The Travisties... 

0A21F879-CDA7-4640-933E-EA7DDC1F84A8.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Are any of the Bates girls naturally blond?

Callie is the most naturally blonde of the lot 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Josie and Katie were naturally blonde with very beautiful hair in my opinion. Not white-blonde but a honey-blonde that looked far better than their current colour.

Erin had light brown hair but started dying her hair at very young age. Kelly had to answer questions about this in the old blog, because they were supposed to be soooo modest (frumper outfits, etc), and Erin was just a teenager then. I can be wrong, because it was long ago, but I think Kelly tried to hide the fact that Erin dyed her hair, saying that she only used a natural product to make it bit lighter or something like that. Sounded ridiculous. 

• Upvote 13

What Kelly used to say about dying hair WAS ridiculous... just look at KJ now! Someone somewhere around here posted some long-ago family photos of Bates and I was surprised that Erin's hair, as a young child (not baby or toddler) was as dark as it was. I count her as having brown hair, maybe like Michael's but not as dark as Tori's. I don't really care what folks do to their own hair, just own it without lying. No one owes anyone an explanation about his or her hair color or style, it's the fact that KJ lied about it in a self-righteous-holier-than-thou type way back then that bugged and bugs me.

• Upvote 18

On 6/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Many of them are blondes as toddlers and young children. Episodes of 19KAC with the Bates show that Ellie and Addy were quite blonde too. 

• Upvote 3

I get it. My hair is naturally the same shade as Katie and Josie, and while it looks golden in the right light, I find that with my coloring, I look really washed-out unless I wear make up, which I usually do not.

The temptation with going blonde is that you always want to go blonder. I decided to stick with medium strawberry blonde and it makes a big difference, but it’s only 1 - 1.5 levels lighter, so roots aren’t super obvious. I know, I know, roots are #ontrend with the youth, but I’m too old to embrace that. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 7:58 AM, Flossie said:

Well, posting anniversaries sounds like they're already planning on marriage, so just get on with it.

I believe CarVan blathered on about their anniversaries--didn't they date over a year before they got engaged?

Did Katie get to go with the Clark's Covid-19 Caravan to Colorado?

• Upvote 3

On 6/28/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

Duggar Data predicts an engagement around the start of August, so not quite there yet. Her data suggests that Katie and Travis are running on the faster side of normal for a Bates meeting-to-marriage timeline. I hope they slow down, since they're so young.

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/612326884871651328/katie-travis-are-courting

It would make sense with the television schedule that they get engaged and announce that prior to the episode about their courtship as a ratings draw. I think it would be helpful for them to slow down, but there is typically an announcement prior to big things (Bates defined) on the show. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Did you know that this (2020) was the first time Katie had a date for the family I Love You Day party? I think she may have only said that 20 or so times.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Travis posted an ig story of his uncle explaining that their church is going through all kinds of legal crap (I’m to lazy to elaborate) to defy New Jersey’s executive order against church services. Honestly, why go trough all of this to hold a service when you could just livestream it or do a car church service? Truly don’t get it.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 5

I think they are using a very, very narrow interpretation of Matthew 18:20:  ("For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them") to mean people gathered in a church.  The martyr/persecution  complex is also going on.

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 13

2 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Without reading the article, just seeing the headline. That is a dog act and smells of revenue raising. The only way I agree with it is there is a stay at home order and they are breaching that. but if they were parking in their church car park not blocking emergency services anyway, then acknowledge their attempt to do the right thing and leave them the fuck alone. this is on the basis that all people are actually complying with social distancing. Personally I would rather be in a my pjs safe at home watching church on zoom than in a car in a car park. But I am also not craving some kind of human contact etc 

Hopefully If i was ever part of a church, it would be one with common sense that evaluated the situation and made the safest decision for its patrons. Unfortunately in this case I do believe zoom and youtube church is best and safest for all.  

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

So next ep we will see Travis courtpose to Katie, do we think this could mean an official engagement is near? DuggarData preview an engagement for these two 13 Nov what do you all think? He still looks such a young kind that not knowing his age I would says something like 16/17 max 18 it seems crazy to think that he could be married and a father in a year or so from now 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

So next ep we will see Travis courtpose to Katie, do we think this could mean an official engagement is near? DuggarData preview an engagement for these two 13 Nov what do you all think? He still looks such a young kind that not knowing his age I would says something like 16/17 max 18 it seems crazy to think that he could be married and a father in a year or so from now 

I thought he was 19

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic