IGNORED

Princess Beatrice is Engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

adidas

6 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Hopefully if she wants to use Alexandra or Victoria for a girl, it’s not the same name that Meghan and Harry have chosen... *that* would be interesting!

(I don’t see Meghan going for Victoria, but if she wants a royal nod for whatever reason I can see her using Alexandra and then calling the baby Allie or Lexi).

I don't see Meghan and Harry picking a traditional name at all. I am rooting for Edith or Veronica, because why not? 

• Haha 1

I don’t think they will go traditional either. Pippa would be adorable but I think it’s too on the nose. I think they’ll go left field like they did with Archie and go the Poppy/Elsie route. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, viii said:

Yes, I’ve read speculation since the funeral that she appeared pregnant, so the announcement didn’t surprise me. I just laughed at the “coincidence”. 

Same here. I think the “coincidence” was the perfect touch of royal sass and payback.

This photo at the funeral made me wonder if she was expecting, she is usually quite slim. But I can look like this after a burger or a couple of beers ?

B0A8EBF3-BC4C-4C2C-8078-BA4CD59E8316.jpeg

It’s not something I wanted to post about or speculate on before she confirmed the news though. 

• Upvote 4

Just like with Fundies Any married child bearing age Royal female especially a newly married one  is going to be diagnosed as pregnant as pregnant by the internet  And eventually it’s going to be correct in most cases. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Y’all be Leary about Eduardo when old Jack B is having the time of his life on boats frolicking and drinking with models. Hmm.

• Haha 1

Unless he’s making out with them, I don’t see the big deal. Men and women are able to be friends without anything sexual/romantic going on. Not to mention, from the article I read, it seems like it was a business thing. 

1 hour ago, viii said:

Unless he’s making out with them, I don’t see the big deal. Men and women are able to be friends without anything sexual/romantic going on. Not to mention, from the article I read, it seems like it was a business thing. 

This. It’s quite clearly a business event and Eugenie likely didn’t want to leave the baby to attend.  And as someone pointed out elsewhere, if he were cheating why would he pose for a picture that the woman  then posted to her 14,000+ Instagram followers. 

• Upvote 1

When he did this the business portion was complete. He was partying. 

If you don’t see anything the least bit problematic or don’t see why Eugenie might have an issue with a husband thousands of miles away frolicking and drinking with half naked models then your trust in people is quite amazing :) 

Yeag. I get its his job to schmooze with glitterati socialite set but it just gives a bad impression.  

I'm torn on this. Personally I can absolutely see the pictures as something rather innocent. On the other hand, even if nothing untoward happened, it's just not a good look.

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

If you don’t see anything the least bit problematic or don’t see why Eugenie might have an issue with a husband thousands of miles away frolicking and drinking with half naked models then your trust in people is quite amazing :) 

Yeag. I get its his job to schmooze with glitterati socialite set but it just gives a bad impression.  

You should be able to trust your partner. Even if it was a party - who cares?! Acting like people of the opposite sex can’t party together is ridiculous. I would hope Eugenie is mature enough to not keep her husband on a leash. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The business event was a gala last night. This was during the day between events.  The people on the boat tour were part of the event. It also sounds like there were more people on the boat tour but the DM sensationalized it all by not including them in photos.  
Reminds me of a Taylor Swift interview where she said she’s never come close to dating as many people as the press claims she has; it’s just that if she’s in a room with someone for more than five minutes the tabloids announce she’s dating them. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2021 at 3:35 PM, tabitha2 said:

Y’all be Leary about Eduardo when old Jack B is having the time of his life on boats frolicking and drinking with models. Hmm.

Why don’t you start a thread about Jack and Eugenie if you want to talk about them? 

22 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

I'm torn on this. Personally I can absolutely see the pictures as something rather innocent. On the other hand, even if nothing untoward happened, it's just not a good look.

Several sources are saying that there were a LOT of people on that boat. The one photo from behind with his arm around the woman in the orange suit is clearly them posing for a photo that she then shared on IG for her 14,000+ followers--not the behavior of people having an affair. And several people have posted on social media that Eugenie was in Capri with him and  was spotted several times including at lunch with him and the two women in question that day. 

The Daily Mail was very selective in reporting this in order to create a story/scandal. Seems it was effective. 

And, really, are we all so prude these days that no one can be in the presence of members of the opposite sex while in swimwear? For real? 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And, really, are we all so prude these days that no one can be in the presence of members of the opposite sex while in swimwear? For real? 

Indeed! I did begin to sound like Steve Maxwell in my head, there, for a while. :D 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, louisa05 said:

The Daily Mail was very selective in reporting this in order to create a story/scandal. Seems it was effective. 

One thousand percent this. Just trying to sell papers/be relevant. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Elizabeth as a middle name not as a first and Either Victoria or Sarah or Nicole for his mother are all likely first names. The kicker is the British aristocracy have some really eccentric taste in baby names so we will see.

My mean and bitchy side so wishes for a Elizabeth Victoria. 
Sadly I don’t see a Victoria, which would actually work beautifully in Italian too and as everyone loves to point out how much she resembles Queen Victoria (he the eyes!) it just feels to obvious. 
I feel we will be as surprised as with little August P. Hawke 

• Upvote 2