IGNORED

Princess Beatrice is Engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

adidas

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

Hawke is also a family name from the Brooksbanks. Apparently Hawke is a 5x great-grandfather on Jack’s side and August is one of the middle names of Prince Albert, a 5x great-grandfather on Eugenie’s side.

Told you all Eugenie is all about the family and tradition. 

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Nice choices, it’s a great name. 

Im probably all alone with an unpopular opinion here - I much prefer Hawke to Stamp. 

You’re not alone. Since both names are also regular nouns they bring images to mind. Hawk(e) makes me think of a bird of prey - power and grace. Stamp makes me think of a temper tantrum. 

• Upvote 7

Or a stamp. You know - on the envelope. Hawke at least reminds me of more than a mere object. 
On first look I find August extremely pretentious and old fashioned BUT that has to do with our own ex-royals. August was used A LOT and many like to incorporate still. If I met an August here, chances are 99.9% he would be the offspring of one of them. 
But we have this a lot with the names still used in the British gentry and RF. While the names are outdated here, they seem to be still fashionable there. I guess I will come to like it, there more I see it. It’s not completely out there, like Spurgeon for example and many came around that one in the end.

• Upvote 1

August isn't to my taste but it isn't horrible either and it is nice they put Philip as a middle name. 

• Upvote 1

I look at peerage news blog and many many of the Minor noble and aristocratic baby name make August Hawke look mundane they definitely go for the grandiose. 

Juno Zennor Boudicca 

Orlando Valentine Lowry

Caspar Constantine Boothby

Fiennes Albert Wykeham Charles Cornwallis 

Feliz Balthazar Jafari

• WTF 1
  • Haha 8

• 2 months later...

Her husband still seems sketch to me. Hope I’m wrong. 

Funny that they chose to announce it on Harry and Meghan’s anniversary ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I kind of wish William and Kate would have one more but I think it's safe to say they're done. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, viii said:

Her husband still seems sketch to me. Hope I’m wrong. 

Funny that they chose to announce it on Harry and Meghan’s anniversary ?

I think this very much is a pretty definite sign how the BRF thinks of them regarding important dynastic developments. I would even argue it might be the unspoken answer to what they thought about the hinting/announcement around Eugenie’s wedding, but that is obviously my personal interpretation.

My guess is, there have been private congratulation messages but the BRF doesn’t feel the need to announce every phone call to the public via friends. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I think this very much is a pretty definite sign how the BRF thinks of them regarding important dynastic developments. I would even argue it might be the unspoken answer to what they thought about the hinting/announcement around Eugenie’s wedding, but that is obviously my personal interpretation.

Yes, I think this was the palace making a definite point. 

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I wonder if they will choose something Italian for his family at least for a middle name. 

I hope so! There are so many beautiful Italian names out there. 

• Upvote 2

Vittoria would do the trick as Beatrice has always been a great fan  in Her great great great Grandmother and Beatrice looks uncannily like her as well. 

I just hope they don't use Andrew! 

2 hours ago, viii said:

I kind of wish William and Kate would have one more but I think it's safe to say they're done. 

I've long thought that Kate would want a 4th. She seems to like kids, and would probably love the comparisons to the Queen with 4 kids for each. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Vittoria would do the trick as Beatrice has always been a great fan  in Her great great great Grandmother and Beatrice looks uncannily like her as well. 

I love the name Victoria, and I think that would be a great choice for Beatrice. I wonder if she would choose to go a little trendier, though, like how Eugenie did with August. 

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I just hope they don't use Andrew! 

I've long thought that Kate would want a 4th. She seems to like kids, and would probably love the comparisons to the Queen with 4 kids for each. 

Andrew - BLECH ?

I think if it was up to Kate, she would have a fourth. However, up until a year or so ago, William didn't even really seem to like his children that much. He's always made disparagingly remarks regarding them about sleep and behaviour. I think if it had been up to him, they would have been done after Charlotte. I think Kate is the one who pushed for Louis, maybe as a band-aid baby. Either way, he seems to have done the job. Since Louis' birth, things just seem to have *clicked* between them and I would say William & Kate seem much stronger now. 

• Upvote 2

A band aid for what? Those  salacious cheating rumors are pure tabloid trash with nothing to back it up. Anyway the remarks were most likely a wry sense of humor and am sure he loves and adores his children very much. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

A band aid for what? Those  salacious cheating rumors are pure tabloid trash with nothing to back it up. Anyway the remarks were most likely a wry sense of humor and am sure he loves and adores his children very much. 

We will just have to agree to disagree - I think there are a lot of reasons to believe that William cheated in their marriage. He has made many questionable choices when it comes to Jecca, and I don't think you can prove that he didn't cheat with Rose Hanbury, just like I can't prove that he did. 

However, given all of the wild stories out there about the royal family through The Daily Mail, In Touch Weekly, etc, it seems odd that the royal family is content to let those articles stand about drunk cheating Camilla and Kate pregnant with twins but when it comes to William sleeping with Rose Hanbury, legal action is threatened and the articles are shut down and tweets are deleted. 

Meghan Markle even said that the royal family has the authority to shut down any story they want, but in Meghan's case, they did nothing to step in and refuse the horrible stories being spread. So why step in and shut down this one particular story? Me thinks because it's too close to the actual truth. 

William has been known since his youth that he has a wandering eye and when there is smoke, there is generally fire. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, viii said:

We will just have to agree to disagree - I think there are a lot of reasons to believe that William cheated in their marriage. He has made many questionable choices when it comes to Jecca, and I don't think you can prove that he didn't cheat with Rose Hanbury, just like I can't prove that he did. 

To be fair you can't prove a negative, even more so with strangers via the media.  

Regarding the name it sucks that he's so gross because I do love the name Andrew.  But if she uses it I won't fault her, he's her father.  

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think she's much prettier than queen Vic.

• Upvote 4

The difference is Those malicious Stories About he and Rose Hansbury had the potential to hurt people very close to them and their families as well. While Drunken! Camilla and Kate pregnant with twins (all named Diana)  for 6 times  are pretty funny  and not worth responding to. 

The set that William and Kate and other younger Royals pal with is actually pretty small and rarefied   as much they like to pretend they are just!  like! Us!  And most of them have dated each other and broken up in the past before they married. They still go to each other’s weddings, are God Parents to each other’s children and go vacation together. So William seeing Jecca or hanging out with Rose Hansbury is not indicative of cheating IMO.  

William is loyal to the small circle he trusts and seeing a friend basically called a slut and home wrecker  is never acceptable. 

• Upvote 2