IGNORED

Princess Beatrice is Engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

adidas

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Why?

I’m pretty sure he was with his son’s mother when him and Beatrice first started up. I don’t think that ever bodes well for a relationship. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Her dress is lovely and she looks so happy!

She is wearing the Queen Mary fringe tiara, which HM wore on her wedding day. The dress is from HM’s vintage collection. Such lovely touches.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I was just coming to post this @adidas. I love the look. It seems it was very important to her to have her grandparents there. That the Queen lent her the tiara and dress she got married in speaks volumes about their relationship imo.

https://people.com/royals/princess-beatrice-hand-me-down-wedding-dress-tiara-queen-elizabeth/

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

"The Queen saved this grand tiara specifically for Beatrice. It was always reserved for her as they are exceptionally close,” a source tells PEOPLE of the historic tiara, calling it “arguably the most sentimental [piece] lent from the Queen yet.”

I don’t care too much for the dress sleeves but the rest of it is quite lovely. And the fact that the Queen saved the tiara for Beatrice is a beautiful nod. 

I hope she had a lovely wedding day. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Wow. Everything else is great but that flower arch/bower Is just so beautiful. In fact The whole location for a wedding Is incredibly  charming and romantic.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I was just coming to post this @adidas. I love the look. It seems it was very important to her to have her grandparents there. That the Queen lent her the tiara and dress she got married in speaks volumes about their relationship imo.

https://people.com/royals/princess-beatrice-hand-me-down-wedding-dress-tiara-queen-elizabeth/

The Queen wore this dress to the State Opening of Parliament in 1966 and to an event (theatre or opera) around the same time. The hem and skirt was altered and sleeves were added. The sleeves are similar to her mother, Sarah’s wedding dress. 
Perfect look all the way around. 

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Wow. Everything else is great but that flower arch/bower Is just so beautiful. In fact The whole location for a wedding Is incredibly  charming and romantic.

Agreed - that floral arch is from a whole nother magical world

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Okay only People magazine would call a vintage dress a hand me down...

I think she did a great job altering it to suit her and pay homage to her grandmother and mother.

With the state of everything going on, I'm enjoying discussing a dress. Also the flowers, those were amazing and her bouquet made it to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier as is tradition. 

• Upvote 10

Beatrice knocked it out of the park, like Eugenie she looked absolutely amazing on her wedding day. I love that both girls made their look uniquely theirs; you can tell quite a bit about their character based on their choices.

My sentimental heart loves the use of one of HM's vintage gowns and of the fringe tiara.

I believe the tiara is privately owned by the Queen. It was commissioned by Queen Mary, later regularly worn by the Queen Mother, and used by both the Queen and Princess Anne on their wedding days. That Beatrice requested and the Queen agreed to loan this tiara is indeed highly meaningful and a great testament to their relationship. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

This wedding is totally appropriate for her family situation  and  circumstances. Regal and fitting enough for a blue Blood Princess who is not a working Royal and her parents could be there as she wished without backlash. 

The next mainline Royal Bride won’t Be until whenever Edwards teenage daughter Louise  gets married and it’s sad to think The Queen (And Phillip) most likely won’t be there As she is really close and doting to Lady Louise and her brother. I image her wedding will be similar to this FWIW. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

Take the ugly satin thing off the bottom of the dress and it is a beautiful dress, I think the sleeves would have been perfect if they were made of a less translucent material. 

I didn't realize (not sure why I would) how close she is to the Queen, it is very sweet that she was allowed to wear them same tiara her grandma wore on her wedding day.  

• Upvote 5

Lengthening the dress was going to be a challenge, but I thought they should have gone a bit longer.  They at least didn't just put a ruffle around the bottom. 

• Upvote 7

I thought the dress, which was designed by Norman Hartnell, who also designed the Queen's wedding dress, looked spectacular on Beatrice. I was blown away to see the fringe tiara on  her head. I do believe that is one of the Queen's personal favorites.. 

I wish Beatrice well and happiness in her marriage... and I applaud the Queen for being so giving of her sentimental things.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

More photos because why not?  https://people.com/royals/princess-beatrice-new-wedding-portraits-edoardo-mapelli-mozzi/

Have I mentioned enough that I am in love with the flowers?

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

This wedding is totally appropriate for her family situation  and  circumstances. Regal and fitting enough for a blue Blood Princess who is not a working Royal and her parents could be there as she wished without backlash. 

This is true.  A good way to avoid backlash and have her parents there.  That's right, the next of the Queen's grandchildren are quite young and won't have her there.  So this was a special wedding in that sense.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Have I mentioned enough that I am in love with the flowers?

They are amazing.  Most of the royal weddings have lovely flowers at the church, but these are so absolutely fitting with the location and dress and the different flowers are so well blended that they stand out even among other royal weddings. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I am loving the pictures from the wedding day.  I wish them the best.  I was really pleased they were able to pull off such a lovely wedding with no leaks to the press.  I think Beatrice really made lemonade out of the lemons that have accumulated for her recently.  I also thought it beautiful that her grandparents were able to attend and that the Queen seemed so involved. 

Edited by LearningtoFly
I forgot something I wanted to mention.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, viii said:

I don’t care too much for the dress sleeves but the rest of it is quite lovely. And the fact that the Queen saved the tiara for Beatrice is a beautiful nod. 

I hope she had a lovely wedding day. 

The tiara was also lent to Princess Anne when she married Philipps. 
I agree about the sleeves and would add that the strange extra fabric at the hem looks strange. The Queen wasn’t much smaller than Bea so I don’t get it. It’s up there with the horrible ruffles Kate has for a while. I definitely prefer it’s original look, as the new version looks much older (and not in a fantastic vintage way). But Bea looks comfortable and thrilled, and that is all that matters. The hardcore vintage look definitely flattered her features.

Flowers look absolutely amazing and it is nice to see the Queen in such high spirits.

I can see, Beatrice being very happy with how things are now. While I do believe she would have liked a bigger wedding, she seems to shy away more from the public eye than her sister. Maybe she will indeed move to Italy enjoying a less public profile.

It was also the best solution for the whole Andrew debacle. I can understand why she wanted him there- he is her father and probably a loving one after all. But I believe the public would have not loved to pay any cent for anything that involves him.

I am sad, we didn’t get a Kate and children outing, as she always dressed so beautifully at weddings in my opinion.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Gotta say, if you look at the photos of full length Queen and Beatrice wearing that dress, I  like the one Beatrice is wearing better. The straight, heavy hem looks very nice. The Queen's version looks almost like a bubble bottom dress..  and I like the sleeves! But I especially like the fringe tiara! It looks even bigger on the photo I just saw! HUGE!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Gotta say, if you look at the photos of full length Queen and Beatrice wearing that dress, I  like the one Beatrice is wearing better. The straight, heavy hem looks very nice. The Queen's version looks almost like a bubble bottom dress..  and I like the sleeves! But I especially like the fringe tiara! It looks even bigger on the photo I just saw! HUGE!

I actually like the heavy hem as well. Though, puffed sleeves aren't really my thing; wish she'd done a three quarter fitted sleeve or cap sleeves if she wanted something transparent. 

I will say, her hair and makeup are flawless and work with the colors of the wedding flowers and dress perfectly. And like others said, that flower arch is amazing. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think it suits her very well. She’s the Princess who was always hassled for everything being too big, too gaudy, too much ? The way they added the sleeves and hem gives it a nice retro- 50’s Rockabilly feel, while also being very Fairy Princess. Perfect for her personality and the setting. So sweet to see her with her Grandma , and agree with everyone that this was likely the best way to include her dad. That must have been a very stressful weight on her shoulders lifted. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think both wedding dresses of the York sisters practically scream princess. It’s hard to explain but both could be from a fairy tail book. I am actually convinced I have seen the exact styles in such books. It’s beautiful and magical but also a tiny bit much? They don’t look as if you would like to copy them but also draw you in and give you goosebumps in a good way. Kate’s and Meghan‘s dresses were gorgeous too but looked much more like something the ordinary, not royal bride would choose to copy. Kate choose a style that wasn’t very popular at the time and showed us that lace and sleeves are great choices. Meghan fully embraced the clean and slightly vintage look that has been popular for some time. Both style agreed with the masses.

What annoys me, is the narrative spun around the tiara. I am actually convinced the Queen doesn’t care too much about it. Yes, it was her wedding tiara, but she has only repeated it once- after 39 years and it wasn’t the biggest or most important occasion. Kate hasn’t brought back the Halo (by the Queens standard she has plenty of time though) and many assume she isn’t fond of it. It’s sad because it looked so perfect on her.

HM probably hadn’t too much choice for her wedding, maybe non at all. It’s still pretty unclear how the British royal brides come to their tiara. Can they hand in a favourite? Are they just given 1 choice or a selection? What comes first- tiara or dress? So yeah, Beatrice wearing the fringe isn’t the most outstanding thing but her dress choice is. Wearing your grandmothers dress can be a very sentimental and beautiful gesture (would have loved to wear my grandmother’s dress for the civil part of getting married but she had thrown it away. Can you believe it???).

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

I really like her wedding dress, too. The only minor “complaint” I have is a lack of jewelry - if I had access to the stunning showstoppers that are available to the BRF, I’d wear everything I could get. 
However, that’s likely my commoner’s perspective ? Thinking about it, with the tiara and the sparkly dress, adding a huge necklace and earrings might have been too much. Still, I’d just looooove to wear all their gorgeous jewels... 
And last but not least, I gotta agree with you all who said the flower arch was pretty. It absolutely was simply fantastic! 

• Upvote 7

I have to admit I like Beatrice's dress because I grew up in Bavaria, and the dress makes me think of a highly stylized and bedazzled wedding Dirndl (traditional Bavarian/Austrian dress). It's cute and princess-y and sentimental and entirely Beatrice. Would I wear it? Probably not. Am I glad that Beatrice wore it? Absolutely!

And I do think that the choice of tiara is significant. While I agree with @just_ordinary that the Queen probably doesn't care much about the tiara as such, the Queen certainly cares a great deal about the history and significance of the jewelry she wears and loans to be worn, especially when it comes to tiaras. It's never just a pretty sparkly accessory, the choice is always meaningful. I'm willing to bet that the fringe tiara Beatrice wore is reserved as a bridal option for close family members. There is also a reason why Kate wears the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara (aka "Diana's tiara") while Meghan would have never worn it, even though she is also married to one of Diana's sons: this tiara is reserved for the (wife of the) heir to the throne.

I would definitely like to know the details of the wedding tiara selection process. If you're somewhere far down the line, you probably take the one tiara in your or your future husband's family. If you are an outsider marrying in with no family tiara at your disposal and yet high enough in the future pecking order to warrant receiving a loan from the Queen, you are probably presented with a selection of tiaras deemed appropriate and can take your pick from there. If you are the Queen's granddaughter you probably know which tiaras could be accessible, and can directly ask for one. Or maybe your Granny knows you well, and graciously offers the one you'd like because grandmas are the best :)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Kate hasn’t brought back the Halo (by the Queens standard she has plenty of time though) and many assume she isn’t fond of it. It’s sad because it looked so perfect on her.

I'm just cracking myself up at this. I can't imagine ever being like, "oh, that tiara? i'm not much fond of it" :pb_lol: #commonerproblems

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2