IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

22 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

That is why she eats those icky slimy salads all the time!  She's 'spanking' her taste buds!  Bad taste buds, wanting things!  How dare they!  She isn't allowed to spank the thonged women at the beach and  if spanking is good for toddlers, it's good for taste buds! 

Something referencing the spanking of taste buds needs to be the new thread title ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

On 9/20/2019 at 9:22 AM, usmcmom said:

Lori did more research in her attempt to once again bash Rachel Held Evans than she has ever done for any other post. She has texts and timelines. It’s like a Real Housewives reunion and she came ready to destroy a woman of whom she is still extremely jealous. 

@Ken How can you not see the cruelty in your wife’s post today? There is absolutely no reason for Rachel’s name to be brought into a post on the flu. Why do you continue to let Lori represent you and your family this way?  You are clearly as cruel as Lori or you’d make her delete posts like this one. Be the Command Man you say you are and take charge of your household. I can guarantee you the husband of Rachel Held Evans is doing a much better job of running his home and protecting his family than you have ever done. 

Is she utterly obsessed with Rachel? How many posts has she done now since April that take a hit at her? Does she do it now that Rachel has died because Rachel can't respond? She can't call out Lori and rebuke her? 

• Upvote 12

Great observation. God created us with taste buds to enjoy our food.

Sharing meals together is in the Bible as well. Jesus fed 5000. He had the last supper with the apostles.

Then there is this:

Acts 2:42

And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

Acts 2:46

And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Sharing meals together is in the Bible as well. Jesus fed 5000. He had the last supper with the apostles.

Then there is this:

And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,

Lori’s a false teacher if ever there was one. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Speaking of Rachel, I’m freaking out a bit. My pastor’s niece seems to be exhibiting the same thing Rachel had. Constant seizures. I saw the update and I broke down in tears. I’m just praying for a better outcome.

• Sad 5
  • Love 18

6 hours ago, ColeJo said:

Speaking of Rachel, I’m freaking out a bit. My pastor’s niece seems to be exhibiting the same thing Rachel had. Constant seizures. I saw the update and I broke down in tears. I’m just praying for a better outcome.

I agree with you in prayer for your pastor's niece: be completely whole and healed by the stripes of Jesus. A better outcome for sure: life. Health. Recovery.

I'm sorry you are seeing this; don't freak out - keep praying. 

• Love 8

12 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Then there is this:

A german TV cook once said "Eating is the erotica of everyday life" and he's right. A good meal brings people together and some comfort food can make a shitty day better. It's more about taking care of your body's nutritional need, good food is also nutrition for your soul.

Lori's message becomes more and more about punishment and suffering for women. No joy, no taking care of needs, either body or soul for the woman. I really want to know why she is on that. That's more than just I read Debbie Pearl and became submissive. For me that's sound much like a manic obsession.

Edit: Congrats Lori on getting your very own subforum on FJ! That's some acomplishment ;)

Edited by klein_roeschen
Just discovered she got a subforum here
  • Upvote 14

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

A german TV cook once said "Eating is the erotica of everyday life" and he's right. A good meal brings people together and some comfort food can make a shitty day better.

Nothing brings people together like a steaming platter of erotica, amirite? 

Sorry, I know exactly what you're saying and I totally agree, the juxtaposition was just too funny to pass up. I love cooking, and my overcrowded spice rack can attest that I love flavor. Lori would be so much more pleasant if she allowed herself to enjoy the things God gave us. She seems to think only junk food tastes good, further evidence that she is a shit homemaker. 

To be fair, I think a lot of "super healthy" food is gross-- I would be losing weight a lot faster if I were willing to substitute cauliflower for rice or squash for pasta, etc. But then again, I wouldn't have gotten chubby in the first place if I hadn't recovered from an eating disorder and quit smoking. So yeah, fuck you Lori. I'm gonna enjoy every bite I eat, relish every emotion I feel, and do everything I can to avoid becoming a miserable old busybody like yourself. 

Her doodle says to be led by the "Word of God". Psst, hey Lori- you know that "Word" with a capital W refers to Jesus, right? Not Paul or the epistles? Practice what you preach. Man, Lori and Biblical Gender Roles. A match made in hell if there ever was one. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

The more extreme she becomes the more she emulates Aunt Lydia. 

Spoiler alert for anyone who hadn't seen the latest few episodes: 

Spoiler

In the flash back, Aunt L had a man she admired but was also attracted to. A date went a little further than he was ready for & she felt rejected & ashamed. That pushed her over the edge into that stoic, "no pleasure in life, everyone suffers" mentality. 

• Upvote 4

I would love to see her walk into a restaurant in New Orleans and order a slime salad.  No sprouts, sardines, or raw eggs for me as I sit here eating a Jimmy Dean sausage gravy and biscuit for breakfast.  According to Dr. Oz (I know, not the most reliable), people in Bible times ate crickets and grasshoppers for snacks.  Next thing you know, that's what she'll be touting as delicious food because she's cray cray and I don't mean crayfish cray cray.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

From Luke, Chapter 7, The Passion Translation (a translation LorKen refuse to read):

33 “When the prophet John came fasting and refused to drink wine, you said, ‘He’s crazy! There’s a demon in him.’ 34 Yet when the Son of Man came and went to feasts and drank wine, you said, ‘Look at this man! He is nothing but a glutton and a drunkard. He spends all his time with tax collectors and other notorious sinners.’

35 “Nevertheless, I say to you, the wisdom of God[o] will be proven true by the expressions of godliness in everyone who follows me.”

[o] - wisdom is vindicated by all her children

Honestly, I am beginning to think that Lori hasn't actually read the Bible herself. I think she has read the parts that she believes she should (the "biblical womanhood" portions), and Romans (because Saint Michael Pearl and her Headship said she should, even though she reads it out of context). 

Back in the day when I still argued with her in her chat room,  I was telling her that the Bible says: 

27 But the wonderful anointing you have received from God[a] is so much greater than their deception and now lives in you. There’s no need for anyone to keep teaching you. His anointing teaches you all that you need to know, for it will lead you into truth, not a counterfeit. So just as the anointing has taught you, remain in him.[c]

[a] -  It is clear from the context that the “anointing” is the Holy Spirit poured into us, bringing life, illumination, wisdom, fruit, and power from the indwelling life of Christ.

-  Or “There is no need for anyone to keep teaching you his opinions [deceptions].” John is not telling them not to continue to be taught the Word of God, for God has placed teachers in the church to instruct us and equip us and bring us into the fullness of Christ (1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 4:11; Heb. 13:7, 17). John’s warning concerns those who lead us astray by the false doctrines of men. The bride of Christ will always need Holy Spirit-filled teachers who illuminate us in the ways of Christ.

I basically told her that she was teaching opinion (hers and others), and parroting other pastor's opinions. I rebuked her. People get deceived by failing to test everything a Bible teacher says against what Holy Spirit says.

Her response?

I paraphrase, but it was something like: "Yeah, but you NEED male Bible teachers to teach you the Word!"

Lori has gotten ensnared in the Perfect Storm: she thinks she is a woman and thus easily deceived, and so she is. (Because we become what we believe - see Proverbs 23:7).  So, she became a self-fulfilling prophecy of her own beliefs (easily deceived). Now, instead of being able to ESCAPE the deception because she listens to Holy Spirit (see scripture above), she instead believes she NEEDS male Bible teachers to teach her the Word. So she listens to other deceived men's opinions (traditions of men, see Mark 7:13) and perpetuates the deception.

The name of her old blog best sums it up:

2 Timothy 3:7-9 The Passion Translation (TPT)

7 They are always learning but never discover the revelation-knowledge of truth.

Edited by ladyicantxplain
my god the whole thing got accidentally bolded
  • Upvote 13

God have mercy, I've just read today's blog post.

This is REALLY rich.

(Questions posed to Lori Alexander)

4. Do you think that God could have given some women less meek and more boisterous personalities?

God gives us free will. Are we going to live for Him and obey Him, or are we going to go with our natural bent which is usually opposite of God’s will? He wants women to have meek and quiet spirits. Those with boisterous personalities need to learn to tame them. It doesn’t mean that they can’t laugh, have opinions and discussion, and enjoy life. It means they don’t dominate conversations and insist on being right and don’t act and dress in a way to be noticed by others. They do think before they speak, and discipline themselves to be kind and loving in all that they do and say.

(emphasis mine)

Here is a description of boisterous, from definitions on the interwebz:

"Boisterous is a word used to describe someone spirited, loud, and slightly out of control —  Boisterous means "loud, clamorous, and unrestrained."   Hmmmm....that sounds kinda' like Lori Alexander on her blog!

Is it "domineering" in conversation to block and silence anyone who disagrees with you publicly, thus insisting you are right?  That sounds like what Lori does on her blog - censoring anyone who has a dissenting opinion or an actual exegesis of scripture.

I think it goes without saying that Lori's blog is devoid of any self-discipline towards kindness, love and thoughtfulness.

REALLY rich.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

To be fair, I think a lot of "super healthy" food is gross-- I would be losing weight a lot faster if I were willing to substitute cauliflower for rice or squash for pasta, etc. But then again, I wouldn't have gotten chubby in the first place if I hadn't recovered from an eating disorder and quit smoking. So yeah, fuck you Lori. I'm gonna enjoy every bite I eat, relish every emotion I feel, and do everything I can to avoid becoming a miserable old busybody like yourself.

I hear you sister. I would be less chubby if I would completly cut out every unhealthy tread. But why? I want to live some bit, not just exist. But I don't think that the most delicious food in the world would satisfy Lori and made her a slightly pleasant being.

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Oh Lori you ignorant fool. Women get pregnant while on bc because of human error. Bc does not cause abortions. 

Hide contents

3FF71135-9DB9-4C9F-94D5-4A77F8E7C546.thumb.jpeg.ae4a654f8e8dfcdccd527ca4fe9aa19e.jpeg558FCE1D-0933-4684-BF52-F2BA5D5E8E98.thumb.jpeg.3f7d9666062672bdf14d220ee32dbf74.jpeg

The pill will prevent the female body from developing and releasing an egg and thinkening your mucus, to make it harder for the spearm to survive and swim in it. And yes, in theory the pill will also prevent that a fertilized egg will implant by changing the uterus lining. But it's only a theory, because medical ethics will prevent doing a study on that topic. The same ethics that say pharmacutical studies on pregnant women are unethical. And studies also showed that being on the pill actually lowers your risk for getting breast cancer. And dear Rachel Ann, do you know what makes you getting an embolism about 100 times more possible than being on the pill? It's pregnancy. That's actually the biggest risk for women in childbearing years to suffer an embolism.

Edited by klein_roeschen
forgott something
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 2

You have a chance of getting a DVT from sitting on your ass all day like Lori does.  

My dad had CHF and was told to cut down on his sodium of course.  But when he became ill, his doctor told my mom let him eat gumbo if it makes him happy.  The doc would rather him have quality of life than be miserable for his last few months with us.

I wonder if Ken enjoyed the hospital food as a step up from Lori's cooking?

• Upvote 14

My grandma, who lived u til she was 93, was told she could eat what she wanted. She lived on her own until 91. Never drank water, only Pepsi and tea. She hates most veggies too. She was very healthy for her age. 

• Upvote 11

Re hormonal BC: I never did well on it. It made me feel depressed, and I gained weight on it even though I was doing Weight Watchers at the time. (That was in the early ‘70s, when the hormonal levels in the pill were much higher than they are today.) In the ‘90s, I tried it to deal with perimenopause, but it gave me terrifying, sharp headaches during sexy times and caused one of my legs to swell up. 

However, I know many women who did well on it, and for whom it was a godsend.

Similarly, mycins make me sick as a dog, but have saved other people’s lives. My sister is allergic to penicillin, but that doesn’t mean nobody should take it.

• Upvote 17

7 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Lori has gotten ensnared in the Perfect Storm: she thinks she is a woman and thus easily deceived, and so she is. (Because we become what we believe - see Proverbs 23:7).  So, she became a self-fulfilling prophecy of her own beliefs (easily deceived). Now, instead of being able to ESCAPE the deception because she listens to Holy Spirit (see scripture above), she instead believes she NEEDS male Bible teachers to teach her the Word. So she listens to other deceived men's opinions (traditions of men, see Mark 7:13) and perpetuates the deception.

I am under the impression that Lori believes she is perfect and always right.  Scary and dangerous!  She sees herself as so godly that all of her detractors MUST be wrong, and therefore their comments on her FB need to be removed.  In truth Lori is an ignorant fool, which I think we can all agree with!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

A typical Lori-ite put in her thoughts on ebil public schools.  She is homeschooling 2 teach her childrens.  Yes, that was how she Tweeted.  Almost every "to" was a 2.  And her kids not being in public school is "there loss."  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 11

"They ALL can cause abortions. This is a fact."

Except for diaphragms, right? Those you can poke a hole in and never have to work again! 

Without fail, every single argument against birth control that I've ever heard comes down to one simple idea: keeping women powerless is a good thing. I do think some forms of birth control come with health risks that haven't been well-studied but pregnancy, planned or not, isn't exactly your body's best friend either. I'd wager pregnancy has killed about a million times more women than birth control. They can spout pseudoscience all they want but at the end of the day, it's about power and keeping it out of a woman's hands.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

A fundie light woman on a once popular housekeeping forum explained that IUDs worked by the arms catching fertilized eggs and throwing them out of the womb.

I wasn't quite convinced of her viewpoint.

• WTF 7
  • Haha 21

Once again Lori is spouting nonsense. Being a keeper of the home doesn’t mean you can’t work. Lori was never a keeper of the home by her own definition. She had a maid and a nanny. She didn’t raise her kids or make nutritious meals. She wasn’t even a proverbs 31 women. The Bible is to be used as a guid to get to know god and Jesus. It is not a book of rules. 

Spoiler

7E2BF280-8222-467E-B114-EA0EF5071A8A.thumb.jpeg.ba62380131becad9b478ac732baeed1f.jpeg29E61498-061B-4161-A8A1-A9CF41366F5F.thumb.jpeg.0ce38712ade25d4ae58c445f8fdabf8a.jpeg

Spoiler

2BB6AA02-7D28-4D9E-97E1-5FB921735B55.thumb.jpeg.752c02399fb3b556e23e2e1f4b65b145.jpegE549E077-684A-45B7-81DC-1079EF9C4A48.thumb.jpeg.e4c94888bd4aa8d37eb07a3c43698166.jpeg5DC593EF-D270-4049-ACD2-C5A8BBF5DCB3.thumb.jpeg.307bef9d25d346325efdeb2b5ead4602.jpegCF90F997-E6A7-4643-BFD4-80F219566150.thumb.jpeg.356fdb64d646728a1093ac2bb28533dd.jpeg

• Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Once again Lori is spouting nonsense. Being a keeper of the home doesn’t mean you can’t work. Lori was never a keeper of the home by her own definition. She had a maid and a nanny. She didn’t raise her kids or make nutritious meals. She wasn’t even a proverbs 31 women. The Bible is to be used as a guid to get to know god and Jesus. It is not a book of rules. 

Hide contents

7E2BF280-8222-467E-B114-EA0EF5071A8A.thumb.jpeg.ba62380131becad9b478ac732baeed1f.jpeg29E61498-061B-4161-A8A1-A9CF41366F5F.thumb.jpeg.0ce38712ade25d4ae58c445f8fdabf8a.jpeg

Hide contents

2BB6AA02-7D28-4D9E-97E1-5FB921735B55.thumb.jpeg.752c02399fb3b556e23e2e1f4b65b145.jpegE549E077-684A-45B7-81DC-1079EF9C4A48.thumb.jpeg.e4c94888bd4aa8d37eb07a3c43698166.jpeg5DC593EF-D270-4049-ACD2-C5A8BBF5DCB3.thumb.jpeg.307bef9d25d346325efdeb2b5ead4602.jpegCF90F997-E6A7-4643-BFD4-80F219566150.thumb.jpeg.356fdb64d646728a1093ac2bb28533dd.jpeg

Lori said: "Do we care more about what we want and what's best for us (women's rights) or do we care more about children and about what's best for them?"

So, she's acknowledging that feminism is better for women? Sure sounds like it.

Also, what a ridiculous false dichotomy. My rights and my motherhood are not at odds.

She also said: "Society has suffered greatly without women in the home. Who is caring for the children, helping with the grandchildren, caring for the aging parents and sick neighbors and friends?"

The answer is: not Lori!! She occasionally looks after grandkids, but looking after aging parents? Are you kidding? She couldn't be bothered to even be *present* for a *dying* parent, or her hospitalized husband. And this isn't while she had pressing obligations elsewhere; she was *on vacation*, and not even a once-in-a-lifetime far-away vacation, but an ordinary one of daily lounging in a familiar place. And am I right that she didn't support Alyssa with her recent new baby? Have we ever heard about any neighbor except for the one whose house she used as an example ungodly messiness?

Her whole shtick is that her early married life, in which she worked, used birth control, was controlling towards her husband, sent her kids to school, etc etc etc, was at odds with being the "right" kind of wife. But she is the right kind of wife now, right? Transformed, right? Which is awfully convenient now when she's past fertility, past continuing homeschooling, and personally has no particular interests or talents. The "servant" sort of things she has left to do as an empty-nester, according to her limited theology, are serving her parents, her grandkids, her husband, her community. I see no evidence of her managing even that.

Her use of "staying at home" reminds of the way "homeschooling" gets used sometimes. There are many different ways to homeschool; just because your kids aren't going to school doesn't mean you're doing a good job of educating them. I've seen homeschool families who have little rigor or resources hold up homeschool kids who have gone to Harvard or become chess champions or whatever as examples of how "homeschooling works!" But what the families of those successful homeschoolers did was above and beyond just "not going to school." Likewise, Lori is staying at home in that she's "not going to work." That's it. Being an active keeper at home (by her definition)? NOT AT ALL.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic