IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

I try to keep on top of current events.  I don't recall hearing that polygamy will soon be legal. What have I missed?

I also find her argument full of holes.  3:02:  "We must be careful about making something say it's not..it's ok when god never said it was ok." Then she goes on to say, (paraphrasing), god made it (polygamy) for a purpose, with rules and laws, but it's not good for today. So, why can't she extend that to submission? Hmm, Lori??

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Polygamy?? Well, that's got to be one of the more off-the-wall topics she's You-Tubed about. She must have been watching Sister Wives. Oh, wait, I forgot--she doesn't watch TV. Heh heh.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

18 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Polygamy?? Well, that's got to be one of the more off-the-wall topics she's You-Tubed about. She must have been watching Sister Wives. Oh, wait, I forgot--she doesn't watch TV. Heh heh.

Is this Ken-related? Maybe he really has had an awakening, since his health scare. Maybe he told Lori that he wanted to see other women. Maybe he is making some changes in his life, and Lori is not happy. Polygamy, posting how intimate they are, post about being left out of big events.  I really would like for @Ken to return here and tell us what the heck is going on with Lori.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

Maybe she watched 90-Day-Fiance where the guy from India already has a wife, but didn't tell the American woman (almost 30 years older than him) that moved to India to marry him.  The polygamy may be a response to her stereotyping Mormons.

Who would want Lori at any party.  She seems to be incapable of pleasant conversation and normal socializing.  It could be the DIL's family didn't want her there.  The women in her DIL's family might actually have jobs!  

• Upvote 15

On 9/20/2019 at 11:07 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

That reminds me that I need to schedule my annual checkup. As an added bonus, I can get my flu shot at the same time. Thanks for the reminder, Aunt Lori! :my_tongue:

PSA: If you haven't gotten your pneumonia shot please talk to your dr about that as well.  It's called Prevnar 13 and it is a once in a lifetime shot, not a yearly.   You get a booster that has antibodies for different strains not covered in the Prevnar 13 6 months to a year later and then you are done for pneumonia.

I did have a lump on my arm for almost a month.  It only hurt the first few days, though.

I have never gotten a flu shot before because I tend to get the "serious" side effects if I'm going to have a problem and my pain dr. has recommended against it.   I got a lot of education on the seriousness of the flu and pneumonia when I was in the hospital for sepsis early this year because those were both diagnoses before the culture came back and it was determined to be sepsis.

They are both WAY more serious than I had previously realized, so I will be getting a flu shot from now on. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Sorry, I have to do an almost back to back.  So, Lori posts today about men not being able to take the pain of childbirth but they toil so women can stay home.  A young guy who is a Social Media Manager responds that he loves it, the entitled little twerp.  My response to him.  

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 10.34.49 AM.png

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, freealljs said:

I don't recall hearing that polygamy will soon be legal. What have I missed?

me either, but apparently it was a hot top in the chat room.  I like how she justifies it and says the men who engaged in polygamy were doing it for TOTALLY altruistic reasons..."they probably had a lot of wars and most of the men were killed, and SOMEONE needed to care and provide for the women so they stepped up to care for the poor women"   Good hearted polygamists...not in it for anything but to HELP WOMEN!! hahahahah

Her videos usually make me stabby, but that one just made me laugh. It was truly a a fun way to start of Monday. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Say what now?   There absolutely IS a law against it!!!!  @Ken we talked about this with you when you visited us a few years ago.  This is DANGEROUS and your wife is going to get someone killed.

I know Lori loves to show how uneducated she is, but this is ridiculous and dangerous.   Practice can be both a noun and a verb.  She is using the verb definition for the noun.

the actual application or use of an idea, belief, or method, as opposed to theories relating to it.

"the principles and practice of teaching"

image.png

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 2

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

PSA: If you haven't gotten your pneumonia shot please talk to your dr about that as well.  It's called Prevnar 13 and it is a once in a lifetime shot, not a yearly.

I'll make sure to ask my (female :pb_wink: ) doctor about it. It looks like it's generally recommended for everyone over 65 years, and for adults under 65 if they have a higher risk of lung problems. That doesn't include me, but I'm going to ask her about any vaccinations I ought to get, like maybe a Hepatitis vaccination. There have been a few cases of Hepatitis in restaurants here, and I've never had a vaccination for HepA or HepB. I had a smallpox vaccination when I was little...

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

On the speculation bus, but on Alyssa IG story she had what appeared to be a picnic/birthday party for her SIL at a park.  It could have been creatively edited but it appeared just to be Ryan's family and Alyssa/Jon and baby.    Wonder if Lori wasn't invited to that?? She may be on the outs with the DIL after tweeting about taking her granddaughter to the beach and scolding strangers about their attire.   I wonder what really goes on in that family despite all the beautifully staged photos.

I speculate that the young moms wanted to openly nurse their babies (right there in the park!) without their dear, sweet mom giving them the stink-eye then rushing home to bitch about nursing mothers for the 1,000,111th time on her social media.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, freealljs said:

Is this Ken-related? Maybe he really has had an awakening, since his health scare. Maybe he told Lori that he wanted to see other women. Maybe he is making some changes in his life, and Lori is not happy.

Maybe he decided he wants 15 minutes and lube?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

This topic brings to mind this mildly amusing blog post  from Love, Joy, Feminism that points out that technically, polygamy is biblical and the only direct prohibition of it in scripture is the requirement that deacons be monogamous. 

I do think that solid Christian theology favors monogamy, and that since "polygamy" usually just means "polygyny" it's best done away with. Either that or we bring polyandry into the mix to even things out. Second husband, anybody? Polyandry seems to be getting more common in polyamorous circles but I'm not familiar with how that works. 

Of course, polyandry would be unthinkable to Lori because heaven forbid there be two "heads"! Did she mention David and his many wives? How about Bathsheba, whose husband he killed so he could get away with raping her? Ah yes, what an altruist. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

LORI:  If you’re left out of something, even something big, don’t give into self-pity and don’t tell others. It accomplishes nothing beneficial. Give it to the Lord and don’t allow it to steal your joy! #yourjoyisinjesus ❤️

On the speculation bus, but on Alyssa IG story she had what appeared to be a picnic/birthday party for her SIL at a park.  It could have been creatively edited but it appeared just to be Ryan's family and Alyssa/Jon and baby.    Wonder if Lori wasn't invited to that?? She may be on the outs with the DIL after tweeting about taking her granddaughter to the beach and scolding strangers about their attire.   I wonder what really goes on in that family despite all the beautifully staged photos.

Bolding mine. I’ll go ahead and hop on that bus. 

If Lori was left out of a family event, we can be sure she will not recognize her part in this decision. My mother is like Lori in a lot of ways. People like her and Lori treat others like crap and then act shocked when they start cutting her out of their lives. How can Ken not see that Lori’s behavior is destroying his family? Is he really going to stand beside her and her vile actions and lose a relationship with his kids and grandkids?

Again - all these thoughts are theoretical. I do hope that Erin and Ryan let her know, in no uncertain terms that their kids were not to be discussed in such negative ways.  

• Upvote 17

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

How can Ken not see that Lori’s behavior is destroying his family? Is he really going to stand beside her and her vile actions and lose a relationship with his kids and grandkids?

Again - all these thoughts are theoretical. I do hope that Erin and Ryan let her know, in no uncertain terms that their kids were not to be discussed in such negative ways.  

I haven't gotten off the bus yet, but I'm with you 100%.   And Ken also on his public FB post had one of those FB videos and message in tribute to Erin's birthday.  I don't recall him doing with this with the other kids/kids-in-law, although  I could be wrong as I don't go there too often. But I'm wondering if it's his passive-aggressive message or at least an acknowledgement that he recognizes they weren't invited for a reason and still wanted to convey a birthday message. 

Also on Erin's public ETSY shop she posted a message in August that she's taking a break to "settle into a school routine."  Could refer to homeschooling or some sort of traditional school. Lori used to watch those kids a lot presumably while Erin conducted her business. More speculation, but perhaps she's not going to be sending them to grandma Lori's so much anymore due to her antics. 

And I could be totally wrong....but something is amiss in the Alexander world. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Polygamy is going to be made legal?? Yeah that ain’t gonna happen. Presumably this idea came from Lori’s ass, just like most of her pronouncements... 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

How about Bathsheba, whose husband he killed so he could get away with raping her? Ah yes, what an altruist. 

Well, she totally had it coming, bathing where David could see her![/sarcasm]

• Upvote 12

@SongRed7, that belief that polygyny (particularly in the early LDS Church) was based on altruism is adorable. Joseph Smith married several women who were already married to other men. When Brigham Young had 55 wives and was living with and indulging the one who was his current favorite, one of the others appealed to him for financial help, and he told her, “Take to your needle” (get a job as a seamstress).

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, hollyfeller said:

In this edition of Lori's insanity she recommends forgetting about yourself and your needs.  But we know that's the exact opposite of what she does in her own life!

neglect.JPG.f67379146674aa964534588dfa4579e8.JPG

Rusty Yates is that you?   This is the kind of thing that puts women in the frame of mind that it's better for them/their kids to be dead than alive.   I'm also sick of her stupid "10 times the testosterone" stuff.   Being a provider is hard in some cases, but being pregnant, giving birth and raising kids is also hard.   I've yet to see a man put on one of those pregnancy belly apparatus and go skipping off talking about how easy it is to be pregnant.

Also this:

and this

On 9/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, hollyfeller said:

Lori is projecting today on Instagram.  No wonder she thinks feminists are angry.  She imagines them that way in her head.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

projecting.JPG.08dc2c924b9d0f2869b19c86d6a8b1d0.JPG

So now she is just writing out comments she's already posted on her facebook page?   Also, there were no ALL CAPS in that woman's post so there is no reason to think she was yelling at Lori. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

21 hours ago, Hane said:

@hollyfeller, and there’s absolutely no guarantee that a parent who’s an aerospace engineer—even one who can teach the subject matter brilliantly—will automatically end up with a brood of little aerospace engineers, people being individuals and having varying talents and interests, and all.

ZeebaHubby is an aeronautical engineer with a PhD.  One of our kids is a costume technician and the other went to an art college and majored in illustration. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

On 9/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, Loveday said:

Is anyone else hearing a weird noise in the background of this video? It's like she's fiddling with something on the table in front of her, just out of camera range. Annoying as heck. Just like Lori, come to think of it. :roll:

It's Ken.

He's frantically unwrapping Kwik Trip fast-food and shoveling it into his mouth while she's on camera, "ministering", and thus distracted from him...

• Haha 19

22 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Me too. It’s a joy. Eucerin makes products to help with the sun allergy after exposure. They aren’t widely available in the US, but I found it on Amazon. 

Eucerin Sun Allergy After Sun Lotion

I wasn’t completely itch free after sun exposure, but it was a lot better than how I normally feel. No visible patches of hives!

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've had a sun allergy since I was about 11 or 12.  As a kid, it didn't really bother me as much.  Once it started getting to the point where I always got hives after sun exposure I started being more careful. Now, I rarely go outside so it's been relatively manageable, but this year has been a real bitch for me. 

I've had a patch of hives on my right arm (so, of course, the one that gets sun in the car most often) that has been there for months.  It started out about the size of an egg and oval.  That is a pretty normal outbreak for me so I didn't think anything of it.   Now it starts just past my wristbone and is 7 inches long by 5 inches wide and shows no signs of giving up.

I have tried everything I have on hand, both prescription and OTC and the ER dr took pity on me and scripted some hydrocortisone 2.5% for me when I went in for a gout flare up.   Benedryl stops the itching about 75% of the time.  The hydrocortisone stops it about 50% of the time.  None of the lotions seem to penetrate the area to add any moisture to my skin.   The patch on my arm is starting to look very much like Lori's dried up legs :(

I may have to give up and go to the dermatologist again, but she's already given me a script and 2 lotion recommendations for it.

• Love 13

Ah yes, women have no expectations placed on them. Nope none at all. I mean being a submissive house wife with no opinion isn’t an expectation. Ignoring abusive behavior in order to be submissive isn’t an expectation. Being virgins until marriage isn’t an expectation. For goodness sake women have been killed for these things that “aren’t expectations”. He can fuck off with all that. 

6336A242-E26D-4D09-A965-D55993A756B8.png

• Upvote 15

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Is he really going to stand beside her and her vile actions and lose a relationship with his kids and grandkids?

From what we have seen, he seems to have a good relationship with Alyssa at the very least despite Lori.  Didn't Ken go on an island vacation with Jon and Alyssa a year or two ago?

Hopefully, Alyssa has made peace with the fact her mother is a vile hag and has made the choice to cut contact or keep it minimal.   Your parents may be family, but you are under no obligation to stay in contact with people who abuse you.

5 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

ZeebaHubby is an aeronautical engineer with a PhD.  One of our kids is a costume technician and the other went to an art college and majored in illustration. 

Obviously, this is because it's the man brain which is not meant to nurture and raise children like the lowly woman brain.  Your husband was busy providing and protecting and you expect him to be imparting his IQ to the children as well?!?!?

You probably had a nanny and a housekeeper as well!

;)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

It's Ken.

He's frantically unwrapping Kwik Trip fast-food and shoveling it into his mouth while she's on camera, "ministering", and thus distracted from him...

I can see him shoving protein bars in his mouth when she's not in the room because he's hearing "The Growl" after picking at one of Lori's slimy salads for dinner yet again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic