IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

@smittykins my fundie homeschool neighbor who is my age tried to engage me in a convo where she literally said just that -- the poor are a fact of life and people and the government have no obligation to help them. 

She used the example of life-saving medicine and gave me a lecture on capitalism and how if poor people can't afford it, no one can force the maker to sell it for less or give it for free, and that poor people would have to die.

I was literally like wtf dude I know how capitalism works but as a Christian wouldn't you WANT to help these people? The answer was that I had too much empathy/emotion. So yeah. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 22

48 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Little House on the Prairie is FEMINISTIC, y’all!

Wait, what?  Mary and Laura and Ma all worked?  Nellie's mom, too?   The Walton girls??  I thought women never worked till evil feminism!   I'm so confused.....

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

To be honest Laura was always a little rebel. She wanted to go see the "rough men" use "rough language" at one of Pa's jobs. She liked the Native Americans and respected them when Pa got angry they had to leave the land and Ma thought they were smelly. She refused to say "obey" when she got married. She worked hard with the hay and got sweaty, which Ma disapproved of. She only had two (one survived) children. She liked climbing trees and swimming. She was always there to help Pa with the "manly" chores since she had no living brothers. She gave Manly permission to kiss her after one of her dates. She was friends with men and women as a teenager and went out and had fun group dates with them. She became a teacher as a young woman. 

Laura, despite growing up without modern technology, living through hardship, had a more "normal" and free childhood than the Maxwell daughters. Maybe even the Duggar daughters. 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

No, that was Lori herself, in response to a tweet by Beth Moore, whose actual words were:

So no, she wasn't saying she would never follow anything Paul said. She did clarify later, saying,

Even then, she STILL didn't say she'd never follow anything Paul said. As always, Lori twists and exaggerates to suit her own nefarious agenda.

Paul equals god to Lori. Jesus is just a character in the Bible. I don’t agree with this at all. 

I am an atheist Jew. If there was a religion that just followed Jesus and his teaching I would practice it. I have no problem helping others, friends or enemies. I think the poor should receive medical treatment and no one should have to go hungry. I think Lori like Paul so much because he sets rules that allow her to be lazy and teach those rules. She refuses to believe that the rules and letters were sent to specific churches addressing problems they were having. 

Lori’s doodle today mentions regrets you may have when your husband is on his death bed. Would Lori even be there on kens death bed? I don’t think so. 

• Upvote 11

5 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori’s doodle today mentions regrets you may have when your husband is on his death bed. Would Lori even be there on kens death bed? I don’t think so. 

No.  That would be stressful (read: Lori wouldn't be the center of attention/her internet or vacation time might be interrupted).  

I think Lori has angled towards elevating Paul over Jesus for a very long time, and if the truth were told, I think she just doesn't like the Jesus portrayed in the Bible.  

Lori thrives of cruelty.  She likes to attack.  She likes to hurt people.  Someone advocating for love is definitely not going to be her cup of tea.

Side note- She's back to talking about her (very strange) conversations with her grandchildren.  

I guess Lori pushing her 4 year old granddaughter into confronting grown women on the beach wasn't enough to make her parents realize that Lori is in no way fit to watch after her.  

Nope, they just sent them right back, and Lori is "frequently" discussing the "new earth" with them.  I am sorry- that's just weird.  They are babies!  Let them enjoy the earth we have NOW.  There is no reason to worry them.  Jesus.

My only hope is that Lori makes all this shit up.  "Just think, Grandma...." sounds made up to me.  The phrasing is off...like something you'd read in one of Sarah Maxwell's books. 

• Upvote 18
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

Lori didn't write the post to clarify the differences between Paul's writings in scripture and Jesus' Word(s) in scripture.  Jesus IS The Word (made flesh). She has no real understanding of this, and this post makes it extremely obvious. This is The Tell on her Poker Face of religiosity. (Well, one of many tells).

Lori wrote the post because she's pissed off and envious of Beth Moore and the other egalitarian women preachers/teachers who have platforms bigger and more successful than hers.

Lori is an insecure woman who can't bear the thought of any of her 95K "followers" defecting.  I know. We were once friends. But the moment I disagreed, and severed ties with her after busting her in a public lie - and called her out in her room...she went to work spelunking on my profile so she could make sure I didn't "turn anyone away from her" with my "teachings"...because I did take some of her chat room with me when I cut ties with Lori.

Her security isn't in Christ. Her security is in her ability to control people through fear and intimidation and religion.

She doesn't even rightly divide Paul's writings.  It's not about Paul.  

It's about the anti-christ flavor of Lori's teachings. If women saw God as He really is (JUST LIKE JESUS WAS FOR THOSE THREE AND A HALF YEARS ON EARTH), everyone would leave her "ministry"...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

OMG. I don't even know where to start with this.

I. Am. Speechless.

Say WHAT? I thought Christianity was about following Jesus? About accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? About believing that Jesus died on the cross to save you from sin? Note here whose name I did not mention? Lori warns of false teachers...she needs to look in the mirror.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, pamplemousse said:

Lori warns of false teachers...she needs to look in the mirror.

Lori doesn't follow Jesus.  Lori follows God's Perfect Ways that she decided were the ones she cherry picked out of the Bible.  Not all of them, not most of them, but maybe three or four.  Out of the entire Bible.   Lori, too, gets to interpret what God meant in those verses via Paul and King James and the forty hundred other people who transcribed it till it got to her.  God whispers in her ear while she's making her Einkorn bread in her million dollar house and no kids living in it and tells her how every single woman in the world should live and act or they hate him.  Lori doth spoke.    

No food for the kids - you hate God.   Being told to limit your family from a doctor - you hate God.   Live in a cardboard box?  Well, of course you hate God.   Get slapped around by your husband?  You don't pray enough, it is probably your fault and oh - you hate God!   Need or want to work outside the home?  Yeah, you are selfish and hate God. 

Why do people praise and follow her again??  I think....they hate God....or just don't understand Him.  #sorrynotsorry

Edited by SweetLaurel
repeated word
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Side note- She's back to talking about her (very strange) conversations with her grandchildren.

I agree. This is soo weird and almost cult-like.  I'm a professing Christian and I believe in teaching children about my faith in a healthy way, but I also believe God created this world and all its beauty for us to enjoy and actually LIVE OUR LIVES ON EARTH (good, bad and in between) and not just pine away for that perfect "new earth"  It sounds very Branch Davidian or Jones Town or that cult that had mass suicides thinking aliens were coming to deliver them.  Way to scare the heebie jeebies out of them. 

I'll all for vacation Bible schools, Sunday school, etc.  I have great memories of those...but don't be teaching children to wish to be in heaven before it's time (sounds almost like a death wish)  

My creepy meter went off big time with that doodle. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Wait, what?  Mary and Laura and Ma all worked?  Nellie's mom, too?   The Walton girls??  I thought women never worked till evil feminism!   I'm so confused.....

I wonder if Lori has ever read the book series, which has been denounced by some fundies as “feministic”:  Laura working as a seamstress and later a teacher to help send Mary to the college for the blind; Ma boarding railroad workers at the house at Silver Lake(and having the girls sleep upstairs with a stick jammed into the lock to protect them from said workers); Laura courting Almanzo via unchaperoned buggy rides; and refusing to promise to obey at the wedding.

• Upvote 13

Lori, your maniacal ramblings to your sweet grandchildren are even more perverse than what you feed your leghumpers.

God, Who so loved the WORLD that He GAVE Jesus...is going to come here and burn up all the "mean people" so you can live undisturbed on the new earth? (She's said over and again how He's coming to "burn up" everything...fear-based crap theology).

No.

That's not how it works. What a foolish woman you have been. 

God LOVES those "mean people" (I'm sure she is talking about us, and all those who are "mean" to her by rebuking her in her foolishness and false teachings...Oops...I mean "persecuting" her).

God LOVES people. Even mean people.

How about instead of brainwashing your grands to think that they can sit passively by and daydream about the "new earth" where there are no "mean people", you teach them to DO the Word?  Mark 16, for starters.  But James 1:27 works, too. Widows (those who are not yet Jesus' Bride - His Body) and orphans (those who have no heavenly Father) need to know their Beloved and their Daddy - Who is LOVE.  That's speaking Spiritually. There are natural fatherless and husbandless people who need NATURAL help! (Food, money, acts of service and love.)

He is a LOVER.

She could start by teaching them that. But you can't give away what you don't have.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

I am on day #4 of no Lori and I am markedly happier than in the beforetimes.  If I didn't know better I'd swear she kicked her insanity up a notch today because she knew she had lost at least one hate-viewer!

But seriously, she has definitely gone off the deep end this time.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Re Mark 14:7, “The poor you shall always have with you, and you can help them any time you want to”: In one of William Dean Howells’ “Altrurian Romances,” a character said, “But *ought* we always to have the poor with us?”—meaning that the verse implies that we damn well SHOULD be helping the poor.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

Now I'm reminded of positive aspects of the Little House series.  ?

I guess King David seems more mythical to me than Paul does, so less like a real person to criticize for their influence.  It's also easier to sympathize with the young, persecuted, underdog David than with the young Saul.

• Upvote 3

So this c*nt is going off on dying husbands? I know her twitter handle...I just don't know if I can communicate what I want to say in 288 characters....

4 weeks yesterday, 1 month Saturday. 

I doubt seriously Lori would give a fuck if Ken up and died. As long as she has the $$ and her internet connection, she's good. I'm over here with his ashes on my mantle until the funeral wishing I knew a magic formula to reanimate his ashes and bring him back.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 28

7 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Yep, they worked.

Ma ingalls worked in Mrs. Olsen's restaurant. Mary worked with her husband at the blind school. Laura was a teacher.  

Ma also got all over Pa's a$$ once when he skipped church to catch up on work in the field.

Mrs. Walton was a substitute teacher. Erin was a telephone operator. Mary Ellen was a nurse and went to med. school.

• Upvote 9

On 9/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, kmachete14 said:

If the "me too" movement isn't necessary or real, why are Lori and other conservatives always harping on about how a husband must protect his wife and daughters? 

If the "me too" movement isn't real, why does Lori bring up how dangerous the world is for stay at home daughters and single people in the workplace? 

Why does she bring up how men are constantly tempted and can't control their testosterone fueled bodies?

It's so hypocritical to say that men are pumped full of testosterone and can't control themselves around immodest clothing, and that jezebel women are around every corner waiting to snatch up married men. . . . and then turn around and say oh yeah "me too" is unnecessary and evil. 

Lady -- you just admitted there are predatory men and women! 

That’s because the same brothers that tell their friends “ you can’t date my sister you perv” never stop to think why their friends aren’t “worthy” to date their sister. And they certainly don’t challenge their friends behavior or find friends that would be worthy and safe. 

Same with man fathers. They have the idea that no man should touch their “baby girl” but do little to educate or call out men who act in harmful ways. In fact, they show repeatedly they don’t care by victim blaming and attacking the metal movement while failing to realize their daughter statistically probably already has a reason to say “me too”. 

It reminds me of my brother. He once drunkenly threatened one of my sister’s boyfriends by telling him “I’ll cut you like I’m cutting this steak”. (He was eating a steak at like midnight for some reason he was drunk that’s all I know). Now this ex was not a good person and has been later dubbed Voldemort or he who shall not be named. However, my brother in “protecting” his sister never reflected on the emotional and verbal abuse he leveled towards my sister and I. He was hardly a protector. 

• Upvote 12

18 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Lori wrote the post because she's pissed off and envious of Beth Moore and the other egalitarian women preachers/teachers who have platforms bigger and more successful than hers.

But that's just because women hate the ways of God and have turned to lies that makes us feel good and are led by our evil emotions, donchaknow? 

Oh, and Lori has inadvertently validated the entire feminist Christian platform on Twitter:

"“Christian” feminist must build their entire platform on the fact that Jesus’ words are higher than Paul’s or else they couldn’t continue to be feminists." 

She even called it a fact. How astute! 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere in this thread...but I'm thinking:

Where, exactly, do Paul's words CONTRADICT Jesus' (The Word)?

I am not seeing it. Paul ADORED women leaders in the Church and in society. Paul used the same word to describe them as he used to describe HIMSELF.

I think the only place Paul disagrees with Jesus is in LorKen's Hive Mind.

(I used to be a Comp, so I know why Lori thinks Paul contradicts Jesus...I can still make the Comp argument as Lori does.) Other than TWO TWELVE of Tim. (her pet scripture, which she takes out of context entirely), where does she even get the idea that Paul contradicts Jesus' teachings? Jesus was traveling and receiving money from female disciples before Paul ever got born again.)

Edited by ladyicantxplain
clarity
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere in this thread...but I'm thinking:

Where, exactly, do Paul's words CONTRADICT Jesus' (The Word)?

I am not seeing it. Paul ADORED women leaders in the Church and in society. Paul used the same word to describe them as he used to describe HIMSELF.

I think the only place Paul disagrees with Jesus is in LorKen's Hive Mind.

(I used to be a Comp, so I know why Lori thinks Paul contradicts Jesus...I can still make the Comp argument as Lori does.) Other than TWO TWELVE of Tim. (her pet scripture, which she takes out of context entirely), where does she even get the idea that Paul contradicts Jesus' teachings? Jesus was traveling and receiving money from female disciples before Paul ever got born again.)

Paul told women, of a specific church, to be quite in the church. During that time men and women didn’t sit together so women were having to shout to their husbands across the church when they had a question. Lori of course missed the point. Paul didn’t say all women had to stay silent in church forever. Paul is different from Jesus in the fact that he addresses Christians. Jesus addressed Jews and gentiles. 

• Upvote 11

The thing that seemed the most odd to me in Lori’s post about discussing the new earth with her grandkids (thanks for sharing, @Koala) is the fact she said there won’t be mean people. Odd might not be the right word, but... when I envision my idea of a perfect world, I don’t think of the absence of mean people. Of course every now and then, I come across people who annoy, hurt or enraged me. But that’s not a constantly present fact in my mind and that’s most definitely not something that spoils my life on this earth. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

The thing that seemed the most odd to me in Lori’s post about discussing the new earth with her grandkids (thanks for sharing, @Koala) is the fact she said there won’t be mean people. Odd might not be the right word, but... when I envision my idea of a perfect world, I don’t think of the absence of mean people. Of course every now and then, I come across people who annoy, hurt or enraged me. But that’s not a constantly present fact in my mind and that’s most definitely not something that spoils my life on this earth. 

That's because you're obviously not a malignant narcissistic spiritually abusive whacko.

Seriously, though, your observation is similar to mine: her theology is so poor that she is teaching her grandchildren NOT to do what the Bible she claims to believe tells her to teach: "LOVE your enemies; PRAY for those who despitefully use you. OVERCOME evil with GOOD."

Nope. Lori teaches them to avoid all people except those who 100% agree with Lori, and piss on the rest, 'cause they won't be on "the new earth" anyway.   Lori's gonna' be shocked when her enemies are there.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Whatever heaven is like I hope I don't have to listen to Lori dron about female submission for literal eternity. If she has to be there I hope she comes with a mute button.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Lori doesn’t need God.  She has made herself god. 

This is why she is so dangerous.  She sees herself as infallible.  No one will ever be able to convince her that she's not perfect or that she's wrong about anything in her "ministry."  Not even Ken.  I think we're going to see her get even more extreme soon.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic