IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

9 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Now, now, Ken addressed this already.  Apparently her adrenal glands can't bear stress like ordinary people.

I was just thinking about this. If anybody called Lori out on failing to stay with Ken, she will remind them that she has a physical disorder that requires her to avoid stress. 

To this I say: She must not trust God and His ways. 

How many times have we seen Lori tell women to have more children despite financial or health worries? How many woman has she told to quit their jobs despite their financial need? How many women has she told to “give sex” to their husband despite physical pain and/or exhaustion? We could go on forever. 

Lori certainly did not trust God to give her the mental and physical strength needed to be a good helpmeet. What stuns me is that Ken glosses over it like it was no big deal. Of course he probably did not want her at the hospital; but he has to know now bad it makes his marriage look. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

All I can say is people are horrible. Below are screen shots of the convo Lori is having about the me too movement. She has no right telling people how to feel or how to heal. I don’t like to talk about it but I have been sexually harassed before. Last time it was in the work place. It was by a supervisor that was below me. He was married and didn’t like that I didn’t want to sleep with him. I spent over a year at that job. My bosses kept acting like it was a difference of personality. One of the last interactions I had with him he slapped my face. I should have called the police but I was tired of no one doing anything. The gospel didn’t help me, finding a new job and having supportive people did.

Reveal hidden contents

8471C806-19FC-4CEE-8DA0-0824AEC22C79.thumb.jpeg.c7f72c8e556b4cc459004f2b2af20c83.jpegB7F1DE84-6299-454F-91E4-956DC6F83958.thumb.jpeg.de3cd3018e76ca7767b3af4f6660b56f.jpeg80C13ABB-0CFC-4B98-ACD3-2CF6A5729727.thumb.jpeg.6395817156c53ae402cf7ec5259edec1.jpegEF1AEAE0-FE04-4D65-A7DD-12D19427FDF5.thumb.jpeg.551d63e529ad29a99dba022567c8b2b2.jpegB80AC3F9-495E-4111-9413-683D56A6F265.thumb.jpeg.1c7017d7ccc7e8bce26fc33a92ff4b56.jpeg1E8C88CF-66A9-46FC-B151-C52EF08EF0BE.thumb.jpeg.fc9309977ed8ceb849aacc7eb25c6006.jpeg2A37656C-23A9-49C2-96DF-30828ECA8EA2.thumb.jpeg.794759ec9b61e394a65b939dff3992c7.jpeg

These comments are absolutely disgusting, they have completely turned my stomach. So much worry about the poor men whose lives have been ruined and so little empathy for their victims. They must live such a charmed life to have not experienced or not known someone who has experienced any sort of sexual harassment or assault. I am absolutely horrified that someone in their lives might go through this and come to them for comfort only to find this attitude. I am absolutely disgusted by the fact that they are trying to silence this discussion just because they are not affected. If these people are Christian why would anyone want to follow their god? 

I am one of the lucky ones, I have only experienced mild harassment and, of course, the ever present anguish of being a woman alone on the streets at night, walking faster from approaching footsteps. Lgirlrocks and everyone who went through anything similar, I am so, so sorry this happened to you. Keep telling your stories, they should be brought into the light so that no abuser has the comfort of hiding in the shadows.

Might be time to take a break from this hateful, hateful woman. She makes me sick.

• Upvote 19

11 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I was just thinking about this. If anybody called Lori out on failing to stay with Ken, she will remind them that she has a physical disorder that requires her to avoid stress. 

To this I say: She must not trust God and His ways. 

How many times have we seen Lori tell women to have more children despite financial or health worries? How many woman has she told to quit their jobs despite their financial need? How many women has she told to “give sex” to their husband despite physical pain and/or exhaustion? We could go on forever. 

Lori certainly did not trust God to give her the mental and physical strength needed to be a good helpmeet. What stuns me is that Ken glosses over it like it was no big deal. Of course he probably did not want her at the hospital; but he has to know now bad it makes his marriage look. 

I am pretty sure that Ken, if he were on his dying bed, looking at his wife would only see the life he wasted by staying with her. So yeah, better to die alone in peace rather than be reminded of the miserable life you had.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I admit, I haven’t experienced sexual harassment. I rarely go out, and didn’t much as a teenager either (many reasons). But I do know people who have, from mild harassment (people exposing themselves) to sexual assault/rape - in the latter case, the person has severe mental health problems and has had multiple suicide attempts. 

Lori is just an awful woman. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Now, now, Ken addressed this already.  Apparently her adrenal glands can't bear stress like ordinary people.

What does that even mean? I've been trying to find a clear answer through research, but it just sounds like bullshit to me and excuses.  I know people who have been stressed stressed stressed to the max, dealing with their own serious health problems, yet are fully present for those in their lives during times of crisis.   People do what they have to do.  You don't make excuses.  I know that a hard line, but if she weren't preaching so much how Godly women have to be totally self-sacrificial and do whatever necessary to help their husband's and family, then stop making excuses.  Sure it's stressful. Sure it's hard to see your husband with a serious illness but you pull yourself together. I'll talking about you, LORI!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

is this for real? I mean, seriously, men do this to their wives? Someone needs to grow a pair of tits and understand how to throw those puppies around. 

Yeah—it’s a thing. My take on it is that these “conservative Christians” don’t know how to own their kink, and/or they just have sick, toxic marriages.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

If the "me too" movement isn't necessary or real, why are Lori and other conservatives always harping on about how a husband must protect his wife and daughters? 

If the "me too" movement isn't real, why does Lori bring up how dangerous the world is for stay at home daughters and single people in the workplace? 

Why does she bring up how men are constantly tempted and can't control their testosterone fueled bodies?

It's so hypocritical to say that men are pumped full of testosterone and can't control themselves around immodest clothing, and that jezebel women are around every corner waiting to snatch up married men. . . . and then turn around and say oh yeah "me too" is unnecessary and evil. 

Lady -- you just admitted there are predatory men and women! 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

I actually have a serious question about MacAurthur and his acolytes. 

Is the whole premise of his theology that we are to be so separate from "worldly" influence, and so tunnel-visioned to following the Bible in every aspect of life, that we should not care about others (so called humanism?). And that this life doesn't matter, just focus on yourself/your own family/ your own belief in Jesus in order to make it into heaven, where things will be perfect?

So for example, you wouldn't care about other people being sexually assaulted and how to stop it, you would just focus on not sexually assaulting others (by following the Bible) and if you were to be assaulted, get over it (by following the Bible), and believe in Jesus knowing once you die you will never be assaulted again? 

This theoretically makes sense (awful, but makes sense), but it seems that he is missing like half of the New Testament where Jesus talks about peacemakers, those who thirst for righteousness, treating one as you would like to be treated, etc.

I grew up with a Catholic view of Social Justice (evil catholics!!) so I just can't wrap my head around using the Bible to justify not wanting to help others here on earth. 

In that same vein, when the Duggars/ Bates went to the Bahamas, they could only help clean up the mess, but it would be inconcienable/a sin/un-Christianlike to brainstorm ways to help poor people gain economic equality so that they could evacuate or have stronger infrastructure next time around? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, elliha said:

He clearly did care about what he was doing and his role is huge in making the world wide church what it is, with all its faults and all of his faults. 

But he is still not Jesus and Paul's words (some of which may not be his) should not carry more weight than those of Christ. Or even equivalent weight. Far as I know, Paul wasn't divine. 

10 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

I grew up with a Catholic view of Social Justice (evil catholics!!) so I just can't wrap my head around using the Bible to justify not wanting to help others here on earth

Folks that don't want to help others here and just want to preach at them are not following the life of Christ. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Maybe Lori has such disdain for the Me Too Movement because her husband is one of the men who makes it necessary. Ken most certainly seems like a predator to me. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

Just now, SilverBeach said:

But he is still not Jesus and Paul's words (some of which may not be his) should not carry more weight than those of Christ. Or even equivalent weight. Far as I know, Paul wasn't divine. 

No, of course not. Only someone like Lori would view Paul as (or the parts of Paul's writing she likes) higher than Jesus. Jesus is the center and the reason for the church to be there in the first place. Paul should also always be viewed in the light of the teachings of the Gospel. My point is more that he is a jackass, but one that does contribute heavily to the Christianity we see today and despite his faults he is still relevant today in a number of different ways.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, elliha said:

My point is more that he is a jackass, but one that does contribute heavily to the Christianity we see today

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. Churches often preach the words of Paul more than Jesus. In many ways, Christianity today doesn't always have Christ in it. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. Churches often preach the words of Paul more than Jesus. In many ways, Christianity today doesn't always have Christ in it. 

I am not going to argue with you, that Paul should not be taught more than the Gospels and that sadly this does happen. I don't think this is unique for today though and there have always been those that forgot the general message of Jesus. There have always been people who focus on a narrow interpretation of the Bible and a have a view of god that is simplistic and often a god of only punishment and condemnation. However, a bible without Paul would be a poorer one in my mind even with some of the things he said.

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, elliha said:

I am not going to argue with you, that Paul should not be taught more than the Gospels and that sadly this does happen. I don't think this is unique for today though and there have always been those that forgot the general message of Jesus. There have always been people who focus on a narrow interpretation of the Bible and a have a view of god that is simplistic and often a god of only punishment and condemnation. However, a bible without Paul would be a poorer one in my mind even with some of the things he said.

I should probably say that I am Christian, but I despair that Paul is virtually equivalent to Jesus in preaching and bible study.  Not saying he didn't add any value to the bible (although I cringe at some of his writings, I appreciate others), it's just that I have a hard time seeing how folks who call themselves Christian can give the actual words of Jesus the short shrift as compared to Paul. Those folks are Paulians as far as I am concerned. I keep my faith simple and focused on Jesus and his two great commandments regarding love.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 9/21/2019 at 7:48 PM, Katzchen24 said:

WHAT? How does she justify that? Sorry, must have missed some stuff up-thread. Isn't that her only job?

There was a really interesting article on the A(Australian)BC website about the importance of aunties in young women/girls' lives. It discussed how they provide an alternative and supportive ear and shoulder for the girl to talk to and lean on without the baggage of the parental relationship. It did not at all suggest that an aunty could replace a mother, but rather that other relationships are very important in helping a child grow and develop. Lori would not agree methinks.

I had an Aunt like that. She was my mom's sister, she had polio when she was in her teens and was never able to live totally independently. So my parents built her an apartment at their house and she had her own seamstress shop there as well as living there.  She was kind of like a second mother to us, and also to all the kids in the neighborhood.  As soon as we knew that the Briefly daughter was a girl, there was no doubt that we were naming her after my Aunt.  Those relationships are priceless, and we all treasured her.

Also, I saw Irish butter on sale at the grocery store today. $5.00 for 8 oz!!! But I don't think it was Lori's brand.  I just bought the store brand, which is just as good.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I actually have a serious question about MacAurthur and his acolytes. 

Is the whole premise of his theology that we are to be so separate from "worldly" influence, and so tunnel-visioned to following the Bible in every aspect of life, that we should not care about others (so called humanism?). And that this life doesn't matter, just focus on yourself/your own family/ your own belief in Jesus in order to make it into heaven, where things will be perfect?

So for example, you wouldn't care about other people being sexually assaulted and how to stop it, you would just focus on not sexually assaulting others (by following the Bible) and if you were to be assaulted, get over it (by following the Bible), and believe in Jesus knowing once you die you will never be assaulted again? 

This theoretically makes sense (awful, but makes sense), but it seems that he is missing like half of the New Testament where Jesus talks about peacemakers, those who thirst for righteousness, treating one as you would like to be treated, etc.

I grew up with a Catholic view of Social Justice (evil catholics!!) so I just can't wrap my head around using the Bible to justify not wanting to help others here on earth. 

In that same vein, when the Duggars/ Bates went to the Bahamas, they could only help clean up the mess, but it would be inconcienable/a sin/un-Christianlike to brainstorm ways to help poor people gain economic equality so that they could evacuate or have stronger infrastructure next time around? 

I’ve seen a similar attitude regarding the poor(“the Bible says that the poor will always be with us, and besides, they’re just lazy and need to Pull Themselves Up By Their Own Bootstraps™️“).

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

20 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

All I can say is people are horrible. Below are screen shots of the convo Lori is having about the me too movement.

Her supporters are awful. She is awful. KB (k*nty bitch?) Davies is especially nauseating. That whole thread was... Ick. I need a shower. Also, are these idiots unaware that men and boys are included and have participated in #metoo? 

Not too long ago I thought that feminism's work in the United States was done, and was reluctant to use the term. I was wrong. We have the right to work, the right to vote, but apparently, not the rights to our own fucking bodies. And that's the foundation of patriarchy. It doesn't matter if we leave the house or make money or help choose our leaders, because so many of us have fundamentally never belonged to ourselves. 

Lori has spit in the face of everyone who has ever been abused, harassed, or assaulted. She is incapable of empathy. But I have one thing to thank her for- she, and others like her, have turned me back into a feminist. I hope you're proud, you rancid bitch. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

OMG. I don't even know where to start with this.

"Do NOT be a red letter Christian.

This is a very slippery slope, dear women. I know too many people who have begun elevating the words of Jesus in the Bible over Paul’s words and end up walking away from the faith altogether."

I. Am. Speechless.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I am an Atheist, and I am speechless as well.  Truly, shocking post.

“Being a ‘red-lettered’ Christian is dangerous. You’re on a path towards liberalism, if you’re not already there yet.”

Following Jesus now = liberalism (which is practically a curse word, for most of them).  Just wow...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Lori can fuck right off into the ocean. Her disdain of the MeToo movement is just another notch in her belt of monstrosity. I love Jesus and do my very level best to follow His teachings (though I cuss far too often), but it wasn't the Gospel that got me over my sexual assault, it was therapy. Oh, I forgot, Lori thinks that psychology is of the devil. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 13

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I am an Atheist, and I am speechless as well.  Truly, shocking post.

Following Jesus now = liberalism (which is practically a curse word, for most of them).  Just wow...

As another Atheist, I am just baffled at that statment. The words of a person over the words of a being Christians claim as their God? Was that comment by Lori or a follower (I'd rather not go to her page because it makes me rage)? If Lori, shows a huge reason for any Christian to not follow her. If it's not Lori and Lori doesn't correct or challenge that statement, it also shows a huge reason for any Christian to not follow her.

Basically...no one should listen to Lori ever. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

As another Atheist, I am just baffled at that statment. The words of a person over the words of a being Christians claim as their God? Was that comment by Lori or a follower (I'd rather not go to her page because it makes me rage)? If Lori, shows a huge reason for any Christian to not follow her. If it's not Lori and Lori doesn't correct or challenge that statement, it also shows a huge reason for any Christian to not follow her.

Basically...no one should listen to Lori ever. 

No, that was Lori herself, in response to a tweet by Beth Moore, whose actual words were:

"My basic take on life thus far: If tons of folks say one thing and Jesus says another, I’d pretty well go with Jesus on it."

So no, she wasn't saying she would never follow anything Paul said. She did clarify later, saying,

"No, I was not subtweeting the apostle but I would like to say something here. I believe wholeheartedly that ALL Scripture is inspired by God. Authoritative. Truth. But the persons themselves – Paul and Jesus – are not equals. I know this is hard for some to swallow, but Paul is not our Savior. Paul would be horrified, I believe, by the way he has been deified.”

Even then, she STILL didn't say she'd never follow anything Paul said. As always, Lori twists and exaggerates to suit her own nefarious agenda.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic