IGNORED

Pence 2: Couch Surfing With Mother

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

So a forced gamble.  If things stay calm for the rest of the weekend I hope people don't start suggesting/assuming all will be well.

Slight aside, but how sad has the state of things become when we‘re at „well I hope the president (!!!) won’t commit more treason or incitement to violence over the weekend ...“

yet another thing our 2014 selves would have thought were absurd ...  

• Upvote 15

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This makes no sense.  If you've invoked the 25th and Trump goes further off the rails, well, at least you have  begun the process and can continue.  I suspect Pence is still trying to straddle the fence and is sending a message to Trump and his minders/enablers to keep a low profile or get twenty-fifthed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Madame Speaker, I know that my boss tried to kill me, but it's all not that bad, I think he clearly knew what he was doing and we don't have to worry about his mental wellbeing.. Let's just move on..

FFS!?

• Upvote 12

He probably doesn’t have the Cabinet support. Those who are too weak to take a stand would resign like Chao and DeVos. Pompeo and co would probably go after Pence.

• Upvote 8

Mikey needs to go cry into Mother's apron:

image.png.e948f9028908dc0eed87cd213cda5e45.png

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

Jesus, we have also come to the brink of a new civil war, which he has done nothing to stop!  I guess he has to try and find something to salve his own conscience for having supported Trump. 

• Upvote 11

Dear Mike, you made it out alive. Congrats! If Donald calls you can leave him on hold now. 

• Upvote 14

I guess when your boss tries to have you killed, you finally come to the realization and accept that a Black woman replaced you. 

It is what it is. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Someone's planning to fundraise for his political future:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/pence-plans-to-form-fundraising-group-as-he-moves-beyond-trump-capitol-riot/2858096/

Who would donate?  How ex-pence-ive might a political future be for him?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good grief. In his sickening sycophancy to Trump, he made himself invisible in the administration. When, at the end, he decided to go directly against Trump’s orders, the ‘base’ was so infuriated they literally wanted to hang him. So who exactly does he think will ever vote for him?

No Dem ever would. No conservative ever would. And no Trumpian ever would either.

Who’s left? Evangelicals? As most of them are Trumpians or conservatives, there would only be a tiny part left who would even consider voting for him.

Pence has no political future. If he has any common sense he knows this. So maybe he’s taking a leaf out of Trump’s book and using the pac to grift?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Pence has no political future. If he has any common sense he knows this. So maybe he’s taking a leaf out of Trump’s book and using the pac to grift?

It does seem suspiciously ludicrous, especially with all those unpleasant memories so fresh in people's minds.

I wonder what the real goal is.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It does seem suspiciously ludicrous, especially with all those unpleasant memories so fresh in people's minds.

I wonder what the real goal is.

Padding his own bank account the same way his Orange Overlord did with his legal defense fund. 

• Upvote 9

I sort of assumed that Pence had savings, but maybe he doesn't - maybe he's grifting because he actually needs the money to buy a nice enough house to live in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

If so, I think he and Mother should go live in a shack, eat ramen, and pray for the Rapture.

• Upvote 12

Aren't they essentially (technically) homeless and couch-surfing right now? I guess they couldn't go looking for a home before without Trump having a freakout.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Aren't they essentially (technically) homeless and couch-surfing right now?

Yep. That's why I wondered if he needed money to buy a house.

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Yep. That's why I wondered if he needed money to buy a house.

They're empty nesters, right? Then they both could get minimum wage jobs flipping burgers or stocking shelves. Then they can save up to buy a house. They seem to think folks who earn minimum wage have more than enough.

• Upvote 10

Do they still have the Secret Service? where do you couchsurf with agents in tow?

I guess there's always AirB'nB

• Upvote 3

He has had since early November to find a house. He gets no sympathy from me

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I sort of assumed that Pence had savings, but maybe he doesn't - maybe he's grifting because he actually needs the money to buy a nice enough house to live in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

If so, I think he and Mother should go live in a shack, eat ramen, and pray for the Rapture.

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Aren't they essentially (technically) homeless and couch-surfing right now? I guess they couldn't go looking for a home before without Trump having a freakout.

But I bet they have i-phones and buy steak and shrimp at the supermarket.

I also like what the poster said about getting a minimum wage job.

• Upvote 7