IGNORED

Pence 2: Couch Surfing With Mother

GreyhoundFan

I continue to believe that the Trump document scandal kicked off an accounting of what's missing and who last had it, leading to a scramble by notified last-had-its to find what they can and try to continue to look respectable.

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Pence claimed to have no documents then had his lawyer search his residence?  Was the lawyer allowed access to such documents?

I suppose Pence can now point to his lawyer if anything else turns up at the house.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I'm just waiting for the "Obama files" to be found. You can bet the rightwingers will be absolutely frothing at the mouth crayyyzeee when that happens.

They already are with Biden, but Pence having them has put a damper on that. 

• Upvote 4

I strongly suspect everyone who has been in any sort of high office in the last 30 years is now frantically searching just to make sure nothing accidentally slipped in when they left office. 

Like, with Trump it was clearly him stealing them. There were lots, he chose what went, had them stored near him in Mar a lago, he lied about them, etc. I suspect it's more likely Pence (and Biden, and anyone else who has documents) has more of a "the intern packing the boxes accidentally stuck them in there" situation. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Mikey really believes he can win a R primary and a general election.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

"FBI conducting search of Pence’s Indiana home for classified documents"

The FBI is conducting a consensual search of former vice president Mike Pence’s Indiana home after his lawyer’s discovery of classified material there last month, according to a Justice Department official.

The search was anticipated, and federal law enforcement and Pence’s legal team had coordinated the precise timing Friday.

Law enforcement is examining the property for any additional classified materials that may be stored there, according to an individual familiar with the search who spoke on condition of anonymity to speak frankly about a sensitive matter. The search is expected to conclude in the afternoon.

Pence, who is contemplating a 2024 presidential bid, is in California, but a lawyer for the former vice president has been present at the Carmel, Ind., home while the search is underway.

The planned search follows revelations last month that the Pence had turned over to the FBI “a small number” of documents bearing classified markings that his lawyers discovered at his home.

Pence is the latest politician to face scrutiny for potentially mishandling classified materials after leaving elected office. The Justice Department currently has two separate criminal probes into classified documents found at President Biden’s and former president Donald Trump’s personal properties.

But the cases have key differences.

In Trump’s case, the former president appears to have resisted government attempts to obtain official documents for months, including after a grand jury subpoena demanded the return of any material marked classified. That led to the FBI obtaining a search warrant and executing an unannounced search of his property last August. In contrast, Biden’s lawyers said that they allowed law enforcement officials to search his properties.

So far, the search of Pence’s property appears akin to aspects of the Biden case, with Biden’s lawyers saying they are being forthcoming with law enforcement and allowed officials to search his properties.

In late January, a lawyer for Pence said that the former vice president brought in outside counsel with experience handling classified materials to search records stored in his Indiana home “out of an abundance of caution” after news broke that materials were discovered at Biden’s home.

The lawyer, Greg Jacob, said in a Jan. 18 letter to the National Archives that counsel “identified a small number of documents that could potentially contain sensitive or classified information interspersed throughout the records.” Jacob said that Pence was “ready and willing to cooperate fully.”

Jacob said that Pence gave the FBI permission to collect the classified materials on Jan. 19 and planned to deliver the boxes in which those documents were found to the National Archives on Jan 23.

In November, Attorney General Merrick Garland assigned veteran federal prosecutor Jack Smith as special counsel to oversee day-to-day operations of the criminal probe of Trump’s handling of classified documents after leaving the White House. Smith is also managing aspects of the Justice Department’s investigation of the events leading up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol that are most closely linked to Trump.

In January, Garland appointed Robert Hur as a special counsel to oversee the Biden investigation.

The attorney general has not commented on the documents discovered at Pence’s home.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Fucking ugh

Former Vice President Mike Pence will be visiting Cedar Rapids and Minneapolis for separate rallies on Wednesday, February 15.

In Minneapolis, Pence will hold a rally regarding parents' rights. It comes the same day as a federal court in Minnesota is scheduled to hear a case brought by a group representing parents of students in Linn-Mar Community School District.

After the Minneapolis rally, Pence is scheduled to hold another rally in Cedar Rapids with parents and community members against policies like Linn-Mar's that Advancing American Freedom, a group formed by Pence, says takes away parents' rights.

Just what we need in Minneapolis, a fucking bund meeting.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Give it up, Mikey

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Give it up, Mikey

I think his finest moment was on Jan. 6th and he nearly got himself hanged, so I'm not sure what kind of rally he has in mind.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

He’s desperate to seem relevant:

• Upvote 5

Par for the course with Mikey:

• Upvote 5

Pence is pitiful:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

On 3/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, Dandruff said:

I think his finest moment was on Jan. 6th and he nearly got himself hanged, so I'm not sure what kind of rally he has in mind.

I call it his “stopped clock” moment.

• Upvote 5

Apparently Mikey isn’t going to fight the subpoena anymore:

More:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Mother dried his tears with her apron:

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure Mother agrees:

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

It is an accomplishment to be despised on both sides:

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It is an accomplishment to be despised on both sides:

Why is he even going for it?  Does he think the hysterical support Trump has gotten somehow extends to him or that any Trump supporter would choose him over Trump?  Does he think disgust over the Trump presidency doesn't extend to him?  Did Jesus tell him to run?  Does he believe he has broad appeal?  Is he there to split votes?  Is he hoping for the VP slot again?

I don't get it.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Why is he even going for it? 

My best guess is that he's hoping for a cabinet post, a talking head position at a news network, or at least a seat on the board of some corporations and/or colleges.  He's reached the end of his political career and he hasn't made quite the money that he probably thought he should.  If he keeps up his visibility, maybe someone will give him a paycheck for doing, I don't know, something.

I suppose it's possible that he thinks DeSantis and Trump will be in some death match for votes and he could come out and be the compromise candidate but, honestly, I don't think I know anyone who would really vote for him.

• Upvote 6

Only the best people...

• Upvote 4

This is an ... interesting ... take on things:

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

Mikey is shilling Mother’s book. I wonder if she’ll let him have a cookie with his warm milk nightcap tonight. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3

As long as Mother tells him it won’t ruin his dinner. 

I’m guessing he asked them to remove the tray with the donuts topped with rainbow sprinkles. 

• Upvote 6