IGNORED

Pence 2: Couch Surfing With Mother

GreyhoundFan

I hope Pencey ends his day today by crying on mother's shoulder. Then he can go back to managing the Bates Motel.

• Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not finding a thread for Karen Pence, so I'm sticking this here:

In case the picture isn't showing up for you:

Spoiler

image.png.93ada05ab18bed0643336a9c17c89bd6.png

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

On 11/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I'm not finding a thread for Karen Pence, so I'm sticking this here:

In case the picture isn't showing up for you:

Hide contents

image.png.93ada05ab18bed0643336a9c17c89bd6.png

Even disregarding the ignoring of the pandemic, this is a really weird invitation. What is this Congressional Club? Does she think GOP members of Congress will enjoy making Christmas wreaths, or baubles for the Christmas tree?

Can you even imagine such a thing?  

Look, there's McConnell and McCarthy vying with each other over gingerbread house decorating.

In the corner, Ted Cruz is giggling with Matt Gaetz over Devin Nunes, who's bauble reminds them of a cowbell. Across from them, Marco Rubio is using an icing pen to scribble bible verses on the side of his otherwise bare gingerbread house. Lisa Murkowski still hasn't made up her mind if she wants to make a bauble or if she'd rather decorate cookies.

Chuck Grassley coughs a bit as he glues a pinecone onto a sad little wreath. Sitting next to him, Tom Cotton pointedly scoots his chair away from him and turns to Ron Johnson who asks him advice on how best to add hydroxychloroquine to his icing. 

Under the table, Lindsey Graham is licking the icing off the cookies Martha McSally made. Gym Jordan has seen it, but is studiously looking the other way and Susan Collins whispers in his ear that Lindsey's licking is making her concerned. 

Then mother Pence merrily claps in her hands and announces it is time for prayer. They all hold hands (McCarthy shuddering a little as his hand takes hold of McConnell's squishy black one), and solemnly begin to recite the Congressional Club's official prayer.

"Almighty one, we are praying to you today to grant us the ability to keep deceiving the American public into believing our lies and duplicity. Give us strength in our hypocrisy and chicanery. We worship you above all other things, and as ever, we beseech you to grant us our most fervent wish: an everlasting hold on power, so we may secretly keep reaping great personal monetary rewards for ever and ever. In the name of the Almighty Dollar, amen."

• Haha 13
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Even disregarding the ignoring of the pandemic, this is a really weird invitation. What is this Congressional Club? Does she think GOP members of Congress will enjoy making Christmas wreaths, or baubles for the Christmas tree?

As hilarious as your Congressmen Having a Paint Party scenario is, the Congressional Club is for the spouses of Congresspersons, Supreme Court Justices and Cabinet Secretaries. That aside, its still a really weird thing to be doing in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

The pardon party is officially underway at the WH!  Trump's self pardon is under discussion in the West Wing.  It occurred to me that Trump's idea of a self pardon is related to a 100% total distrust of Pence to do it, in a scenario where Trump resigns at the last minute, Pence is sworn in and subsequently (and presumably immediately) pardons Trump.

And I have to wonder if Pence WOULD do it, or if he'd just cross days off the last three or four days on the calendar before he rides off into the sunset. 

• Upvote 10

What's funny about Mark Kelly being sworn in by Pence is that the Bible was held by a bisexual woman with purple hair. You know he's going to be crying to Mother about that.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

What's funny about Mark Kelly being sworn in by Pence is that the Bible was held by a bisexual woman with purple hair. You know he's going to be crying to Mother about that.

Once he’s able to emerge from his shock induced catatonia...

• Haha 7

What the actual fuck? "As Pence names which astronauts will go to the moon, some see a political ploy"

The White House’s last effort to leave an imprint on national space policy came in a Trumpian, chest-thumping meeting of the National Space Council on Wednesday that ended with a theatrical flourish when Vice President Pence introduced a group of 18 astronauts he said would participate in NASA’s program to return to the moon.

“It really is amazing to think that the next man and the first woman on the moon are among the names that we just read and they may be standing in the room with us right now,” Pence said during the meeting at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

The astronaut unveiling put a human face on the program and was reminiscent of the announcement of the Mercury 7 astronauts who led NASA into space at the dawn of the Space Age. It also showcased a more diverse astronaut corps — the group was evenly divided between men and women — as part of the Trump administration’s pledge to return astronauts to the lunar surface by 2024.

But the group is so large, and the mission timeline so uncertain that the event, the last meeting of the National Space Council, was criticized as being big on political theater — lots of flags, national pride and lofty rhetoric — but low on substance at a time when a new presidential administration is about to take over the White House.

Still, despite having just a few weeks left in office, Pence, the chair of the council, used the meeting as something of a victory lap, hearing from various members of the council about their progress and proclaiming that under President Trump, “America is leading in space once again.”

Space did get a significant boost from the Trump administration, which made it a priority from its first days in office — it resurrected the Space Council and created the Space Force as the first new branch of the military since the Air Force was created in 1947. The Trump administration also increased NASA’s budget and saw NASA’s astronauts return to space from United States soil for the first time since the space shuttle fleet was retired in 2011.

Trump has said NASA was “dead as a doornail” before he took office. And Pence on Wednesday said the resumption of human spaceflight from U.S. soil was “the result of real leadership and renewed American leadership in space.” But that program began under the Obama administration, and some in the space community felt the council meeting was an unseemly political display that violated the space community’s long-standing maxim to be as bipartisan as possible.

“Listening to the National Space Council meeting, you might get the mistaken impression that Trump invented space policy,” Brian Weeden, the director of program planning at the Secure World Foundation, a think tank, wrote on Twitter.

The hallmark of Trump’s space policy has been the Artemis program, an effort to return astronauts to the lunar surface for the first time since 1972. Initially, NASA was aiming to do that by 2028, but last year the White House directed the agency to move up that timeline to 2024, a date that increasingly seems unlikely.

The incoming Biden administration hasn’t talked much at all about space policy, but many Democrats have said it will likely continue the Artemis program while injecting what they say is a more realistic timeline. They intend to take a hard look at the program, which has not received anywhere near the congressional funding NASA says it needs while the rocket and spacecraft NASA would use to get to the moon have suffered delays and setbacks for years.

Unveiling a host of astronauts, then, was premature, according to many in the space industry, who bristled at the political nature of the council meeting and felt the astronauts were being used as props.

“It’s in the last month of the administration when you know this whole program, its schedule, is going to be reexamined by the new boss. I think the gracious thing to do is to let the new administration come in and show bipartisan support for Artemis,” said Garrett Reisman, a veteran NASA astronaut who is now a professor of astronautical engineering at the University of Southern California. “If you’re really interested in the continuation of the program, why not let the next group do it? But this administration is not known for being gracious.”

The pageantry around the astronauts could put pressure on the incoming Biden team to continue the program.

“This was a political victory lap to cement in the wins under the Trump administration,” Weeden said. “I also think they’re trying to ensure as much as possible that the Biden administration continues it.”

A spokesman for the Biden transition team declined to comment.

During the meeting, Pence read the names of the astronauts, a catalogue of impressive overachievers, and a mix of veterans and rookies that he said represent NASA’s best and America’s future. Two — Victor Glover and Kate Rubins — are currently on the International Space Station. Another, Nicole Mann, is already assigned to another flight. Of the group, five astronauts were present at the Kennedy Space Center for the meeting, wearing their blue flight suits and protective masks, but said nothing.

This was not a flight assignment. The astronauts still don’t know what missions they would fly on, if any, or when they would be. And the fact that there was such a large group made the announcement “virtually meaningless,” Reisman said. “This was a branding exercise more than anything else.”

But he added that NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine has done a “great job of building excitement for Artemis and NASA in general. And he should be commended for that.”

That excitement includes international partners, Weeden said. “The Artemis program is generating a lot of excitement,” he said, especially from the international partners who have signed up to partner with NASA. “We’ve been contacted by several countries that are concerned that the Biden administration might cancel or disrupt programs they’ve already made commitments to.”

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Can Biden close the ridiculous Space Force?

I was wondering that myself. My guess is not directly, but he could persuade congress to starve it of funding.

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was wondering that myself. My guess is not directly, but he could persuade congress to starve it of funding.

That's so strange. If a president has the power to instate institutions, why wouldn't a president be able to disband them? In this specific case, especially as everybody knows that Trump only created it to be his personal Star Wars toy, and it serves no actual purpose?

For that matter, does this so-called Space Force really exist, or does it exist only on paper? How much of an institution is it really?

• Upvote 5

Mother lets him run to rock music?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Mother lets him run to rock music?

Was this a pitiful attempt to copy Biden running on stage?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

41 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Was this a pitiful attempt to copy Biden running on stage?

I wonder if he's trying to contrast with Trump and show his virile enough to run in 2024.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I’ve got a suggestion where they can administer the injection.

Vice President Mike Pence plans to receive his coronavirus vaccine shot on camera Friday morning at the White House to build "vaccine confidence" among the American people, according to an administration official with direct knowledge of the plans.

Driving the news: Details are still being worked out, but Pence wants the TV networks to carry the moment live in the morning, the source said, to maximize the audience for the vaccination.

• Upvote 3

Part of me agrees with you, just for the embarrassment factor. the other part, which is overriding the first, really doesn't want to know if Pence is a boxers or a briefs man.

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Part of me agrees with you, just for the embarrassment factor. the other part, which is overriding the first, really doesn't want to know if Pence is a boxers or a briefs man.

I don't want to know if Mother makes him wear something that requires a key from her to open. :hand:

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I don't want to know if Mother makes him wear something that requires a key from her to open. :hand:

Ya mean something like this?  

9D71BF90-FA98-442F-AEDA-0E5A60953BA0.jpeg.c48a86a16bb7242e01250b9153d40605.jpeg

Yeah one can get that from The Great Satan Amazon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

And since I looked that up on aforementioned Great Satan I wonder what they’ll start suggesting to me now in ads and emails. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I know I'm going straight to Hell for his, but you didn't consider the "going commando" option. 

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And since I looked that up on aforementioned Great Satan I wonder what they’ll start suggesting to me now in ads and emails. 

image.thumb.png.cc86a6b639a77771125aef69272be141.png

• Haha 10

Buh Bye: "Pence to Head Overseas Jan. 6 Hours After Formally Declaring Biden the Presidential Victor"

Vice President Mike Pence is set to travel overseas for the first time during the Covid pandemic just hours after presiding over the congressional session in which Joe Biden will be declared the winner in the presidential election.

Pence will depart on Jan. 6 for a trip that will include stops in Bahrain, Israel and Poland, according to a government document obtained by NBC News, and remain abroad through Jan. 11.

The trip kicks off the same day Congress meets to formally count the electoral votes for president and vice president. Under federal law, the Senate president — a role held by the vice president — presents the electoral votes and announces the winner.

Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to travel overseas for the first time during the Covid-19 pandemic just hours after presiding over the congressional session in which President-elect Joe Biden will be formally declared the winner of November's contest against President Donald Trump.

The Indiana Republican will depart the U.S. on Jan. 6 for a trip that will include stops in Bahrain, Israel and Poland, according to a government document obtained by NBC News. Pence will remain abroad through Jan. 11.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2