IGNORED

Pence 2: Couch Surfing With Mother

GreyhoundFan

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They're empty nesters, right? Then they both could get minimum wage jobs flipping burgers or stocking shelves. Then they can save up to buy a house. They seem to think folks who earn minimum wage have more than enough.

Bootstraps, y’all!

But I bet they have i-phones 

They should sell them to pay for rent(just like they tell people without health insurance to do.)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 10

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do they still have the Secret Service? where do you couchsurf with agents in tow?

Ah. You might have hit the answer, here. Those Secret Service agents have to stay somewhere... might as well just crash with them, right? Tell the agents where you're planning to go, wait until you get there, and "oops! Looks like our reservation got lost! You guys don't mind if we just crash in here, do you? You can have the sofa bed, it's nearer the door so you can protect us." Presto, you're where you wanted to be, and you're there on the government's dime.

I mean, the Secret Service rented a $3000 a month apartment near Ivanka's house just to have a bathroom to use. 

• Upvote 9

I guess vacationing is more important than honoring a man who gave his life to protect yours.

image.png.e4cfc89acafbfa46d04a01ca35d44d80.png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 5

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess vacationing is more important than honoring a man who gave his life to protect yours.

image.png.e4cfc89acafbfa46d04a01ca35d44d80.png

Yet another example that Pence is a slimy, self-centered sycophant, thinly veiled with evangelism, who cares nothing for his fellow men and women.

• I Agree 11

On 2/2/2021 at 8:21 AM, Alisamer said:

I mean, the Secret Service rented a $3000 a month apartment near Ivanka's house just to have a bathroom to use. 

There you go! If it has a fold-out couch, it's perfect for Mike and Mother. Although you'd think Jarvanka could let them stay in one of their spare bedrooms.

The Guardian inserts the knife and twists it. No paywall, just a mild guilt-trip.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/07/mike-pence-donald-trump-republicans-religion-evangelical

This might be the best part:

On the mantle above the fireplace in his library at the vice-president’s residence, Pence placed a framed passage from the Bible’s Book of Jeremiah.

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

For Pence, the quotation from scripture was a complacent blessing from the gospel of prosperity. (He conveniently did not frame other passages from Jeremiah preceding and following his favorite citation: “Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,” declares the Lord … “You should put any maniac who acts like a prophet into the stocks and neck-irons.”)

Pence did not know God’s plan for him. He was just certain that God had one in mind. Pence did not voice the prophesy. He was no prophet. He was not the oracle. But he knew that he had a divinely ordained destiny. He believed it would unfold with his heavenly ascent to the highest position, becoming president as reward for his faithful humility. He adhered to the evangelical notion of “servant leadership”, Marc Short, his chief of staff and a fellow evangelical, explained to the Atlantic. Pence modeled himself on Jesus washing his disciples’ feet, a model for evangelicals to follow in his example toward Trump: “Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave.”

Mike, what you did went waaay beyond foot washing. You were sucking Trump's toes for nearly 5 years!

• Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

Pence’s price for having the temerity to follow the Constitution.

And poof, there goes his dream of ever becoming president himself. 

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

How much, pray tell, is Mikey's advance for Mother May I?

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

How much, pray tell, is Mikey's advance for Mother May I?

Will it have a chapter called:

In Which My Boss Tried to Have Me Killed and Why I Still Love Him

• Upvote 13

• 1 month later...

It is rather pathetic if the greatest honor of your life was serving a corrupt and narcissistic megalomaniac who sent a mob to kill you in order to stop you from doing your job.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

Mikey will be going to a NW Iowa bund meeting family picnic. 

Former Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to visit Iowa next month. 

Pence will be headlining Republican Rep. Randy Feenstra's inaugural Feenstra Family Picnic on July 16. 

"Vice President Pence has been a champion for conservative values and protecting innocent life throughout his public service," Feenstra said. "I'm honored to have him join us for this event as we prepare to win the majority in 2022, fire Speaker Pelosi and deliver conservative results for Iowa." 

I wonder if the Branch Trumpvidian cultists in NW Iowa have forgiven him yet for standing up to fuck face last winter?  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Mikey will be going to a NW Iowa bund meeting family picnic. 

I wonder if the Branch Trumpvidian cultists in NW Iowa have forgiven him yet for standing up to fuck face last winter?  

I'd love it if someone dressed up as a fly to attend the event.

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'd love it if someone dressed up as a fly to attend the event.

Sweet Rufus ?there’s not enough money on Earth for me to want to go to Iowa GOP bund meetings. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I wonder what Trump’s betrayal actually did to Pence’s mind and what kind of cognitive dissonance he’s employing to still believe he has any kind of political future despite that betrayal.

• Upvote 11

11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I wonder what Trump’s betrayal actually did to Pence’s mind and what kind of cognitive dissonance he’s employing to still believe he has any kind of political future despite that betrayal.

He's probably believes he's been anointed by God, so in his eyes, nothing can stop him from becoming POTUS.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• 4 weeks later...

George Conway is reading "I alone can fix it".

The lengths Pence was willing to go to in order to find a defensible way to do what Trump wanted:

image.png.bc52b1dfb001b1d55c03e614b7409fe9.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• 1 month later...

Does he think he can slip back into the good graces of Trump fans by doing this?

• Upvote 8

Pence just spent 4 years in TFG’s administration. Probably not had much exposure to sensible ideas.

• Upvote 11

Gee, Mike, you could at least ask "So, were you one of the ones that was chanting about hanging me or not? 'Cause if yes, you don't get a hug, young lady."

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

Oh barf

Former Vice President Mike Pence will be in Iowa City to speak at the University of Iowa on November 1.

It’s part of the Young America’s Foundation’s campus lecture series that will also take him to Texas A&M University and several other unannounced campuses.

The University of Iowa’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter is hosting the event.

If I don’t want to see fucknugget in Iowa I sure as hell don’t want to see his stool pigeons either. 

• Upvote 5