IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

26 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I can't imagine not staying with my husband in the hospital if he was that sick.  She writes on the YouTube comment section that the thought of being widowed was devastating.  ME, ME, ME.

Oh, I'm sure it was! She  might have to, you know, DO something for herself! And who would she blame when she disobeys her own edicts? Now she can say, "oh, I chose to wear that because Ken likes it and asked me to. But women really shouldn't wear that! Unless their husbands ask them to. Like Ken did. Really." Or more often "I really don't like to travel or go out to eat, but Ken does, so I do what he says!" Without Ken, she'd have to find some other excuse for going out to eat/drinking a glass of wine/spending entire summers in Door County/wearing leggings/etc.

I have seen many women on here post their experiences of being widowed, and we are still supporting (with words, thoughts, and prayer, but still supporting) and grieving with feministxtian in the loss of her husband. Being widowed often is devastating.

But for Lori? It's devastating due to it's potential to force a change in her lifestyle, and little else. She doesn't know how to love, she doesn't seem to feel real emotions, and seems to see other people including Ken only through the lens of what use they are to her. She'd be devastated only until she got other people conned into doing the things he used to do for her. She'd probably enjoy all the attention she got from being the widowed wife, at first. I doubt she'd miss Ken the person much at all.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

A few years ago, my brother in law was critically ill and my husband and I spent a week at the hospital with my sister and her boys. On our last walk in to the hospital (he would be released the next day) I was exhausted and I said to my husband “Where in the hell is the rest of my family.” Because not one other sibling came to the hospital. My mother didn’t come to support her daughter. Nobody else in our family showed up during a whole week.  

I wonder if that is how Lori’s sons felt as they drove to the hospital without their mother.  While it was probably easier to be there without her, how infuriating it must have been to realize (again?) that their mother really was not going to make an effort to be with her husband that could have been dying   

And how tone deaf must Lori be to be going on about being unavailable like she ways, thinking it does not sound absolutely horrific?? They really think this sounds normal???

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have seen many women on here post their experiences of being widowed, and we are still supporting (with words, thoughts, and prayer, but still supporting) and grieving with feministxtian in the loss of her husband. Being widowed often is devastating.

I agree, and I hope I didn't come across as insensitive complaining that she wrote about the idea of being widowed was devastating.  It just came across as making it all about her.  I can't imagine any of this was a picnic for Ken either.

I don't know Ken, but I wonder how loved it would have made him feel if, when he told her to leave him in the E.R.,  she told him she would be strong for him and wanted stay with him.  That's what loving partners do for each other.  But, this is Lori and staying at a cabin two hours away texting and worrying about what her life would be like if Ken didn't make it is what she did.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I feel like I knew this vid was coming. I mentioned her bringing up illness as a way to be a martyr and she didn't disappoint. Most women her age have some health issues and just work through them. Not everyone trots out every little ache and pain as an excuse to bow out when things get tough.

I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, a laundry list of chronic illnesses, life has been kicking my ass, and I can still be there for my mom who's been sick. My dad recently had cancer and I got up and drove an hour in one direction every. single. day. to be with him and help out. Sure, I came home and fell apart but part of loving someone is making sacrifices for them. I had all the time in the world to recover but my dad could have been counting his last days. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't do everything I could for him. He's always been so good to me and his illness gave me a chance to return the love in a very tangible way.

Lori's cold heart and loveless life is her punishment for being such a shitty person. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I agree, and I hope I didn't come across as insensitive complaining that she wrote about the idea of being widowed was devastating.  It just came across as making it all about her.  I can't imagine any of this was a picnic for Ken either.

I don't know Ken, but I wonder how loved it would have made him feel if, when he told her to leave him in the E.R.,  she told him she would be strong for him and wanted stay with him.  That's what loving partners do for each other.  But, this is Lori and staying at a cabin two hours away texting and worrying about what her life would be like if Ken didn't make it is what she did.

I'm sure Ken came up with any excuse to get her out of the hospital.  If he had wanted her there he would have said so.  Obviously he wanted his peace and quiet (well, as much as he could get in the ICU).

• Upvote 14

OMG If any of my family members, much less my husband said I wasn't allowed to come to the ICU  when they could be dying, I'd be telling  no one, not broadcasting it to the world.  I had to make the decision to shut off my husband's life support.   If she wasn't there and there had to be decisions made -- who would have done it?  I can not imagine a spouse saying  'don't let her in' when they could be on death's door. This says so much to me about her biblical womanhood and ability to preach to wives.  Do none of the humpers realize that?  I'm just...I just can't.   

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I'm sure Ken came up with any excuse to get her out of the hospital.  If he had wanted her there he would have said so.  Obviously he wanted his peace and quiet (well, as much as he could get in the ICU).

This is a good point. Ken is, after all, the man who insisted his wife stand in church when it caused her pain in her back. Lori made a whole post about it, letting us all know how submissive she was to stand when sitting was more comfortable. He is the one who insisted Lori make some chicken dish for a party when she wanted to make meatloaf.  He does like to get his way  

Ken told Lori he could not stand to see the worried look on her face in the hospital. What he really meant: For the love of God; I cannot stand to see her face while I am so ill. 

Without Lori there, Ken was free to ogle the female staff. You know, all those women wearing slutty scrubs and sensible shoes - the potential topic of an upcoming post for Lori  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

Okay, maybe I'm completely imaging this, but I think Lori DID post a picture of Alyssa and her husband and the new baby. It was the exact same photo that Alyssa posted on her Instagram, and ALMOST the exact same caption, except Lori added in some stuff about how it was "9 difficult months of pregnancy and 5 days of hard labor" or something like that. I really wish I would have taken a screenshot, because it seemed pretty snarkworthy to me that she used a photo obviously lifted off Alyssa's instagram and not a unique one that she'd taken or been sent. I may have imagined it, but I really don't think I did. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, maybe I'm completely imaging this, but I think Lori DID post a picture of Alyssa and her husband and the new baby. It was the exact same photo that Alyssa posted on her Instagram, and ALMOST the exact same caption, except Lori added in some stuff about how it was "9 difficult months of pregnancy and 5 days of hard labor" or something like that. I really wish I would have taken a screenshot, because it seemed pretty snarkworthy to me that she used a photo obviously lifted off Alyssa's instagram and not a unique one that she'd taken or been sent. I may have imagined it, but I really don't think I did. 

I think she shared it in her Instagram story. It was just a screen shot of Alyssa’s original post. That is what I had seen, anyway. Lori could not be bothered to compose her own thoughts. Alyssa has also shared some photos of friends meeting the baby; none of Lori and Ken. 

• Upvote 7

Just now, usmcmom said:

I think she shared it in her Instagram story. It was just a screen shot of Alyssa’s original post. That is what I had seen, anyway. Lori could not be bothered to compose her own thoughts. Alyssa has also shared some photos of friends meeting the baby; none of Lori and Ken. 

Ahh, that's what I'm thinking of. Thank you; I thought I was going mad for a moment. It makes me wonder if Alyssa forbade Lori from posting a photo of Gideon and that was her workaround. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I wonder if that is how Lori’s sons felt as they drove to the hospital without their mother.  While it was probably easier to be there without her, how infuriating it must have been to realize (again?) that their mother really was not going to make an effort to be with her husband that could have been dying   

Not to mention, did you catch it when she said “my son and DIL were here and I barged into their room and they both flew up in bed”. Hello. Boundaries! Knock first maybe? What if they were having sex. After all didnt Lori say husbands need sex on vacation?  I’m sure they were getting annoyed and Ryan maybe called his brother and said “get your ass here.  I can’t deal with dad and mostly mom alone”. I’m sure it was a nightmare for a lot of reasons

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

This is a good point. Ken is, after all, the man who insisted his wife stand in church when it caused her pain in her back. Lori made a whole post about it, letting us all know how submissive she was to stand when sitting was more comfortable. He is the one who insisted Lori make some chicken dish for a party when she wanted to make meatloaf.  He does like to get his way  

Ken told Lori he could not stand to see the worried look on her face in the hospital. What he really meant: For the love of God; I cannot stand to see her face while I am so ill. 

Without Lori there, Ken was free to ogle the female staff. You know, all those women wearing slutty scrubs and sensible shoes - the potential topic of an upcoming post for Lori  

If I was in the hospital my mom's face would be at full worry mode (and she is an anxious person to begin with).  However, NOT being there would make her even more worried.  I can't imagine sending her away.

• Upvote 12

I got a call from my mom, when I was in college, that she thought my grandma was going to die in a matter of days. I drove 3.5 hours one way, after getting off of work at 10 pm, to spend a few hours with her the next day before driving back to school. There is no excuse for her not to be there. She didn’t have to stay in the room the whole time either. What a selfish person. This is the person that you are supposed to love more than any other person. I just don’t get it. 

82E09DA6-CE30-4082-A45A-102CD703A495.thumb.jpeg.efaee3b75fb8f37b59756c9e46eadb22.jpeg

my mom taught all of her kids, two boys one girl, how to take care of a house. Cook, clean, do laundry, and balance a check book. She also took us grocery shopping. My dad knew how to cook basic things but that wasn’t his strong suit. Most parents teach their kids these things. I’m always amazed at the amount of fundie women that don’t know how to cook when they marry because their parents never taught them. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

I'm wondering if Lori wasn't at the hospital because Ken told her to stay away.  Just like when Lori's mom died, maybe her aunts told her to stay away. I know she has one aunt that has called her on her BS.

Really, who would want her around?

So maybe she wasn't there because she knew she wasn't wanted.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 12

I stayed with my husband every fucking day he was in the hospital (well, except for the day I got told to go home and go to sleep by one of his nurses). When he was in hospice, I broke it up, a couple hours here, a couple hours there...mostly because he was in a coma and lemme tell you it was gut wrenching to say the least. But I was there. I repeatedly told him I loved him and it was ok for him to leave...

I can't imagine not being there if my husband was in the hospital, no matter how uncomfortable it is. When he had surgery in 2013, I spent quite a bit of time in the hallway bathrooms puking my guts out from anxiety. BUT...I was there. With all his cancer hospitalizations (there were like 6) I was there every damn day. One hospital was almost 25 miles away (like the other side of town), one was about 15 miles away and the other 10 miles away. I drained my gas tank, my energy, raised my blood pressure, stress level, anxiety through the roof. It didn't matter, it was my GODDAMN HUSBAND!!!! I'd do it all again to have him back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 34

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Why doesn't @Ken divorce her, what does he get out of this marriage? Despite trouble, nagging + a money-sucking black hole?

California is a community property state -- Lori could (probably would) get half of everything he has  -- everything he worked for 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I have been hospitalized and in skilled nursing facilities a lot.  My husband has been there virtually every day of each stay.  When I had my first fusion I was in the hospital for 28 days.  Twenty-one of those days I was in the ICU.  My husband drove 90 minutes (each way) every single day.  He got there between 10-11am and left around 10pm.  Every. Single. Day.

I was then moved to a skilled nursing facility for 9 weeks and he was there every day of that stay as well.  We picked a SNF that was closer to home so that was only a 45 minute drive every day.

There have been a couple times he didn't come to the hospital/snf for one or 2 days.  He had a softball tournament during one of my SNF stays and I forced him to agree to go play in the tournament rather than coming to see me.  He had to go in to work a couple days during another snf stay, but that was the place that overdosed me and my bering there alone didn't work out very well so he started working from my room instead when he had things that had to be done.

I can't imagine telling him to stay away and I don't think I'd win that argument if I tried.  It was hard enough to get him to play softball for a weekend.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 17

Did Lori say, in the video, that Ken is on blood pressure medicine?

Surely not; because Lori does not believe in medication and Ken should be controlling his blood pressure with diet. Right?  

• Upvote 15

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Did Lori say, in the video, that Ken is on blood pressure medicine?

Surely not; because Lori does not believe in medication and Ken should be controlling his blood pressure with diet. Right?  

Not going to watch the video so no idea, but I think in the past she has mentioned being on some kind of medication for one of her many mystery ailments.  Maybe thyroid meds or something?

• Upvote 8

Yes. She mentioned Ken takes blood pressure medicine. That is why he had a cuff and regularly took his own vitals and then noticed the lower heart rate

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

50 minutes ago, Curious said:

Not going to watch the video so no idea, but I think in the past she has mentioned being on some kind of medication for one of her many mystery ailments.  Maybe thyroid meds or something?

All medications are TOXIC!  Don't you listen to the Divine Blasphemer?  :)

Edited by hollyfeller
Wrong word!
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I stayed with my husband every fucking day he was in the hospital (well, except for the day I got told to go home and go to sleep by one of his nurses). When he was in hospice, I broke it up, a couple hours here, a couple hours there...mostly because he was in a coma and lemme tell you it was gut wrenching to say the least. But I was there. I repeatedly told him I loved him and it was ok for him to leave...

Mine was heavily sedated for fourteen days, on ventilator.  The last few days, he also had brain damage from too much oxygen for too long . . . . the last day, I sat there and told him over and over "you can die now."  He had a story about telling soldiers in his platoon they couldn't die unless he gave them permission . . . . so I gave him permission.  It was the last thing I said to him the last time I left his room, "I love you.  You can die now."  He died minutes before I walked in the next morning and frankly I'm really surprised he held on that long.

• Sad 5
  • Love 24

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Yes. She mentioned Ken takes blood pressure medicine. That is why he had a cuff and regularly took his own vitals and then noticed the lower heart rate

Hypocrisy thy name is Lori

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

When my dad was first in hospital eight years ago with what turned out to be kidney failure, my mum went in every day. My brother and I were in school, although we visited him twice. Then when he had the transplant last year mum went in every day again, I went in once. My brother was at university and didn’t visit Dad while he was in the hospital but he did come back here briefly one weekend. 

I’ve also heard that, about giving loved ones “permission” to die. That must be so heartbreaking. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

11 minutes ago, OyHiOh said:

Mine was heavily sedated for fourteen days, on ventilator.  The last few days, he also had brain damage from too much oxygen for too long . . . . the last day, I sat there and told him over and over "you can die now."  He had a story about telling soldiers in his platoon they couldn't die unless he gave them permission . . . . so I gave him permission.  It was the last thing I said to him the last time I left his room, "I love you.  You can die now."  He died minutes before I walked in the next morning and frankly I'm really surprised he held on that long.

The day my dad died his son, my half brother from his first marriage who I hadn’t seen in years, was on his way to see him. He was supposed to be there at 9 am. My dad held out until then. He was in a vegetative state. My half brother was like an hour late. It was so hard seeing my half brother because he looked just like my dad. I don’t care who told me I couldn’t be there when my dad was dying. I would have fought them off to see him. Same when he was in the hospital before going on hospice. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic