IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

Pure speculation, but I'm sure Lori is disappointed to the reaction to Ken's post about their recent ordeal.   Out of a little more than 100,000 followers on her FB page, the post received 44 reactions and has 15 comments.  None of the most rabid fanboys or fangirls among them.  I bet she thought people would come out in droves and trip over themselves to express how awful it was for them. 

She can't see that they are just using her and the nonsense she normally spouts to cause friction and denigrate women.  They don't really care about her or Ken.  There is also a correlation between the more radical stuff she poses and a jump in likes, which seems to indicate she posts those things to just to get reactions, because the normal day to day stuff no one pays attention to. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

the flaw in the whole "babies, babies, babies" thing is eventually the little critters grow up and leave home. Then what?

Exactly. 

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'll always be David's wife, but I know he wanted me to LIVE. He wanted me to be happy.

That's a good husband or wife for you. None of that fake "submission" and "leadership" stuff. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

Can someone please screenshot Ken's response to this woman in Lori's latest FB post today?  He blocked me and I can't see anything he writes anymore.

P.S. Thomas Jonathan Jackson is a tool.

chefs.thumb.JPG.84f52be86a0cb7d47cd5108d6a9244f9.JPG

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Can someone please screenshot Ken's response to this woman in Lori's latest FB post today?

Sorry, but I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't see any comments. And, yes, Thomas Jonathan Jackson is a :music-tool:.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Sorry, but I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't see any comments. And, yes, Thomas Jonathan Jackson is a :music-tool:.

All I can see is someone who responded to him.  This is why I want to know what he said!

chefs2.JPG.d95edb351a64f77a63979758fd0ccb64.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Ken and Lori's relationship with food and cooking will never not be curious to me. The truth is whatever works for them is their business, but they're incapable of showing that grace/ common sense to others. ALSO, Ken seems to cook for himself (and their kids when they were young). Lori makes a big deal out of brining Kencakes a glass of lemonade (with blue straw naturally) as though that constituted some kind of mitzvah. Their issues around food are legion!  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Doesn't Ken do at least some of his own cooking?  Wasn't Laurie doing one of her "You Tubes" when Ken came into the kitchen to make his breakfast?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Will someone please ask Ken his thoughts on male chefs?  I’m not on social media. Celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsey, Émeril Lagasse, Robert Irvine, and Jacques Torres come to mind. 

J’en thinks that cooking is fine, if it’s a stress reliever for men, but women should learn. So how can man be professional chefs, if cooking is a woman’s domain?  I’m not sure I’m making sense. It’s been a good day. ?

Edited by freealljs
Hit submit too soon
  • Upvote 9

There have been so many great male chefs over the years from Maria-Antione Careme to Jose Andres.  Of course, Ken would think what kind of manly man would be named Marie and he'd probably have a problem with Jose feeding the hungry in disaster areas through his World Central Kitchen.  Jose knows what it's like to be poor.  He was on Milk Street the first season sharing his recipe for Garlic Soup.  He said it was what the family ate at the end of the money.  World Central Kitchen is already setting up kitchens in Bermuda.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

There have been so many great male chefs over the years from Maria-Antione Careme to Jose Andres.  Of course, Ken would think what kind of manly man would be named Marie and he'd probably have a problem with Jose feeding the hungry in disaster areas through his World Central Kitchen.  Jose knows what it's like to be poor.  He was on Milk Street the first season sharing his recipe for Garlic Soup.  He said it was what the family ate at the end of the money.  World Central Kitchen is already setting up kitchens in Bermuda.  

Our friend Thomas Jonathan Jackson says men who cook are effeminate.  See my screenshot from earlier.  Apparently the great male chefs are included in that.  If that were true all of the "masculine" single men would have died out due to their lack of knowledge of sandwich making.

Cause of death?  Not knowing how to put fixin's between two slices of bread.  R.I.P.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

Wait, didn't Ken cook for himself and the kids for most of his marriage because Lori refused to cook anything she disapproved of? I'm sure there are plenty of screenshots of Lori admitting to it and not even feeling sorry for it. Of course, when she says she cooks for her family she means she cooks for herself. And they visit plenty of restaurants, who is she trying to kid?!

Sometimes I wish she will truly be judged by her standards if there is an afterlife:
- did she submit? NO!
- was she a keeper at home? No, she had a housekeeper, her husband cooked his own meals, ironed his own clothes etc.
- did she love her children? No, she beat them, she let them cry so she could sleep, she stayed at home with them but they were cared by the nanny,  she helped cause eating disorders, etc..
- did she love her husband? Well, she loved his money... couldn't be bothered to give up her own comfort to stay with him in the hospital.
- did she win her husband without a word? Well, mostly no, she did nag him endlessly, but also yes. When she wanted to stay at home she (without a word) sabotaged her birth control.

Blah, what hypocrites! And this just when I as feeling a tiny bit sorry for Ken, for the miserable life he chooses to live with a woman who cares less for him than she cares about her internet followers. Never again!

Edited by Cora Persephona
hit enter too soon
  • Upvote 12

12 hours ago, Koala said:

productive.PNG.7a4c4abc32890671806c6df63c63d9a8.PNG

Is Ken throwing shade at Lori here?

We know he cooks for himself since he's not into slimy week old salads as well + Lori gives him grief for eating 'unhealthy'.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori won’t respond because it would make her look like the fool she is. 

It's well reasoned and thoughtful, so I suppose she may just delete it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

33 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It's well reasoned and thoughtful, so I suppose she may just delete it. 

Lori reads this comment and yells to Ken:

”Babes! They’re using big words again. What do ‘well reasoned and thoughtful’ mean?”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori reads this comment and yells to Ken:

”Babes! They’re using big words again. What do ‘well reasoned and thoughtful’ mean?”

Like when I used the word "patent" in 4th grade and got accused of showing off with "big words". :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

1D94C39F-D592-46D5-AE34-C01A6D800479.thumb.jpeg.fb9892f4af75db33d194905a5c2b7551.jpeg

having kids so you won’t be lonely when you are old or so you have someone to take care of you is the most selfish reason to have kids. There is no guarantee that your kids will want to support you when you are old anyways. If Lori was my mom I wouldn’t have anything to do with her. She is toxic and mean. 

I just turned thirty and I’ve never wanted kids. I was always told I’d change my mind or I have to have kids because Jesus. I still don’t want kids and neither does my bf. He has a lot of medical problems that were passed to him from his dad and he doesn’t want to pass them on. We are both okay with it. 

Honestly if I’m 60 and regret not having kids I could always adopt, foster, or volunteer. Kelly Bateses mom adopted when kelly and her sisters were grown. 

Parents also outlive their kids sometimes. My dad and aunt died before my grandma did. She was heart broken that her youngest daughter died so young. My great grandma and grandpa outlived their son. And my great aunt outlived her daughter and son in law. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

Y'all, did you know that Lori has the magical ability to teleport back in time to for sure know that none of these women preached or had any influence over men? Or spoke in church? There's more proof in the Bible of women publicly ministering or having leadership roles then them not. Churches back then were most likely organized very differently from present day church. Lori has no biblical proof to back her claims up. It stands to reason that women being specifically mentioned by Paul probably have at least spoken up in the church while being a servant to the church. 

Over and over in scripture much of Paul's writings seems to point towards Christian's acting in such a way as to not draw negative attention to the church (given what many Christians act like today this seems almost impossible). When read in entirety, Lori's clobber verse appear to point to a much larger story. However, she focuses on such a narrow view that she misses the large picture. 

IMG_2927.thumb.PNG.687247e6cbd8bb0118e49a2f08bd344c.PNG

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man;” 1 Tim 2:12

Critical bible scholars pretty much universally accept 1,2 Tim and Tits as late forgeries, not Paul at all. There were plenty of female leaders in Paul’s church.  (Bart Ehrman, sorry can’t  remember which book offhand!)

“34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.” 1 Cor 14:34-35  

These verses are almost universally accepted as late interpolations (therefore forgeries) - read verses 33-35 without them and they flow much better. It has been suggested they were added by a scribe who just didnt want women talking in church (Bart Ehrman). And in Ch 11 Paul has just been quite ok with women prophesying in church!

Sorry Lori,  the whole basis for your “ministry” is not actually biblical at all!

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

On 9/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, Koala said:

productive.PNG.7a4c4abc32890671806c6df63c63d9a8.PNG

That is a very telling comment. Last I checked, food is one of the relatively few NEEDS that are required to stay alive and keep people from "painless" starvation. I can't really imagine something more productive than keeping people alive, but apparently Ken thinks there is. What a misogynistic, condescending ass clown. Either staying at home and feeding your family nutritious meals is the most important thing in the world and worth being homeless to do, or it isn't. It seems Lori and Ken have a difference of opinion in this area. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

@Lgirlrocks,  I've been privileged to have two women friends who never married or had kids.  They were career women.  One had been a secretary for the FBI, working at a number of FBI offices at our overseas embassies.  I know she lived in Canada, Cuba and Italy among other places.  She lived in Rome for at least 13 years and spoke fluent Italian.  The other woman was a nurse.  She'd served in the Army Nurse Corps in Italy in Work War II and then went on to get her doctorate.  After that she served on the nursing faculty at Clemson.  These women had remarkably full lives post retirement with many friends and plenty of community and church involvement.  My third daughter is named after the nurse.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

11 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Parents also outlive their kids sometimes.

Two of my mother's children (my two brothers) died 17 years before she did. Her siblings all had children predecease them.  Counting on children as a retirement plan is a bad idea. I didn't have my daughter for that reason. It's a better plan to save for your own retirement.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic