IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

12 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

having kids so you won’t be lonely when you are old or so you have someone to take care of you is the most selfish reason to have kids. There is no guarantee that your kids will want to support you when you are old anyways. If Lori was my mom I wouldn’t have anything to do with her. She is toxic and mean. 

But if you don't have kids who will be next to you when you're on your deathbed? Oh wait...

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

Lori, I think you need to relax with a nice, innocent, old-fashioned movie or book. Something set during the 19th century would be nice. I suggest Friendly Persuasion.

Spoiler

The mother in the story is a Quaker minister, and the spiritual guide and authority for the family.

Edited by thoughtful
adding something
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Lori, I think you need to relax with a nice, innocent, old-fashioned movie or book. Something set during the 19th century would be nice. I suggest Friendly Persuasion.

Hide contents

The mother in the story is a Quaker minister, and the spiritual guide and authority for the family.

Thanks for reminding me about this film--it was on TCM a week or two ago and I recorded it for later viewing. It will now be the next film I watch! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On 9/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, squiddysquid said:

Still no congrats from Lori? Alyssas's siblings and friends all posted something. Cold.as.ice.

Man, that woman can hold a grudge... against her own daughter... who just had a baby after trying with her husband for 7 years!

What is the grudge about? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

@thoughtful,  I love Friendly Persuasion! Some scenes that I particularly like are the scene where the teenage girl speaks up in Meeting about not being so concerned about her appearance and especially resisting the temptation to wear earrings, the scenes with the Widow Hudpeth and her daughters, the scenes where Jess races Sam Jordan in their buggies, the scene where Jess comes out to the barn where Eliza is going to sleep after the organ is delivered, and when Eliza gives that Reb soldier what for with her broom after he tries to harm Samantha.  Oh, the whole film is just delightful!

• Upvote 5

I wish I wasn’t banned. Her second post for today is promoting Debi Pearl’s new book. 

Since I’m banned and can’t comment, this is for any lurkers: don’t buy Debi Pearl’s book. She’s not a brain researcher (or any kind of researcher) and doesn’t have the foundational or advanced knowledge to write an accurate book related to the brain. Furthermore, it is likely that her book is written to promote an underlying agenda and to reinforce Pearl ideologies. 

If you are in the market for a book on brain development, I highly recommend The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel and Tina Bryson. It is well researched and written in a way that is easy to understand. He has other books as well. You can also find some clips of him on YouTube. 

• Upvote 13

@SilverBeach, so true. A dear friend was an only child, born when his mother was 45 (she’d been a foster mother to many children previously). When she was in her 80s, he took her to live with his partner and him. He was a devoted son, even taking her on a cruise while she was still strong enough. Then one day, he called us to say he had bad news. We immediately assumed his mom had passed away—but no: he had been diagnosed with AIDS and passed away just short of his 40th birthday. She was left an elderly, childless widow.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 19

Here's a charming comment on Lori' first FB post this morning.  Does "eat bananas" have a sexual connotation, or does this dude simply dislike bananas?

bananas.thumb.JPG.8080d1fa7565595b8d3845c04139696c.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Here's a charming comment on Lori' first FB post this morning.  Does "eat bananas" have a sexual connotation, or does this dude simply dislike bananas?

Who do those feminists think they are? What with their careers and sex lives and...banana eating? Damn them!

Today I learned I'm a banana eating feminist slut. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

I love it when people claim someone is twisting scripture when they use versus that don’t match with their beliefs. 

Spoiler

B93B9F41-509E-432F-A277-F544D6689B66.thumb.png.e4a81613c519c66221ee594b7456134d.pngF50B1651-8CE6-424B-BF04-9C09FCDBFED4.thumb.png.c55f928d204fd0e632304a4d21f60203.png6389678E-BD05-47A5-8553-2E091436CC74.thumb.jpeg.f76adc8493e683428af205fca64c0131.jpeg5EFDF2F2-C566-44FE-A114-D209D6CF50EF.thumb.png.0b159068f72bffc9980b8f3de3428a40.png

Paul’s “commands” were to specific churches. Don’t believe it? See what churches he was addressing in those letters. 

• Upvote 9

So there's at least three of us who are banana-eating feminist sluts!

Who was the first feminist anyway?  Mary Wollstonecraft? Elizabeth Cady Stanton? Simone de Beauvoir?  

Here's a link for the Wikipedia article on Mary Wollstonecraft's seminal feminist work:

A Vindication of the Rights of Women

Wollstonecraft's influence is evident in several of Jane Austen's novels.  That would blow those Austen loving fundies minds!

• Upvote 10

So instead of telling people I'm bi I'll just say I like women and bananas . Honestly bananas are probably better company then most of these guys. :banana-rainbow:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

So there's at least three of us who are banana-eating feminist sluts!

Who was the first feminist anyway?  Mary Wollstonecraft? Elizabeth Cady Stanton? Simone de Beauvoir?  

Here's a link for the Wikipedia article on Mary Wollstonecraft's seminal feminist work:

A Vindication of the Rights of Women

Wollstonecraft's influence is evident in several of Jane Austen's novels.  That would blow those Austen loving fundies minds!

I sincerely wish he had specified which feminist he thought was a "paid trans."

And that's not even the most bonkers part of his comment!

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

So instead of telling people I'm bi I'll just say I like women and bananas . Honestly bananas are probably better company then most of these guys. :banana-rainbow:

And a good source of potassium!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

@cindyluvs24 told us upthread that humans are 40% banana. Today we learn that feminists are banana eaters. The logical conclusion is that feminists are cannibals.

I'm gonna start my own all girl heavy metal band called Cannibal Sluts.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

On 9/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, mango_fandango said:

I’ve also heard that, about giving loved ones “permission” to die. That must be so heartbreaking. 

We did that with my dad.  I did, anyway. I'm not sure exactly what my brother and sister said but I know they said something to him. We thought it was still going to be several days, so we (me and Mr. Briefly) decided to head back home to Oklahoma for a few days because we needed to take care of some things. But he died shortly after we got home, so we had to turn around and head back the next day.  But the point is, before we headed back home when we thought it would be days, I spent a few minutes alone with Dad - he was unconcious, and told him how much I loved him, stuff like that, and that I knew Mom as waiting for him so it was ok for him to go when he was ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I'm gonna start my own all girl heavy metal band called Cannibal Sluts

I think Banana Cannibal Sluts has a better rhythm to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

How weird is it that I'm reading this thread while eating some banana pudding. I guess that makes me a banana cannibal![emoji38]

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I'm gonna start my own all girl heavy metal band called Cannibal Sluts.

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I think Banana Cannibal Sluts has a better rhythm to it.

I vote for Cannibal Bananas.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

45 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I vote for Cannibal Bananas.  

I was thinking Banana Cannibals!  It takes a village, y'all.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

And a good source of potassium!

Right! Seriously once again Lori's followers prove themselves to be less apeeling (lol) than a fruit or inanimate object. 

So where are we at in the land of feminism according to Lori and ilk? Ah yes, feminists apparently live in a land of cats, wine, sex toys, and bananas. We also get to live in luxury as singles and travel a lot. 

I kinda like Banana Cannibal Sluts. 

1st hit single "Biting off Bananas" 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Wasn't there some discussion about the modest way of eating bananas? Cause it looks too much like fellatio when done the normal way?

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

That's a bit of a an odd laundry list of complaints.   I am going to go out on a limb and guess that Filip is single.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 11

I eat like 3 bananas a day, maybe even 4 some days.   I guess I'm going to hell now or something?

I have seen Lori say before that Romans to Revelations is for the church age we are in now (or something like that).  How does that work exactly?   Paul was predicting the future?  His letters were to the latest "church age" and that one has just been going on for a really long time?  The "church age" he was writing about lasts until Jesus returns?

Help a banana cannibal out!

• Upvote 9

Grilled bananas are the best (microwaved if you're really hungry - a friend fries them in a pan...) with some caramelized sugar on top or honey... ad some vanilla ice-cream...:banana-rock::banana-angel: (why do we have so many banana emojis?)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic