IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

9 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Getting the bed out of my living room will help a lot. It's a reminder...that I don't want. The walker and wheelchair aren't welcome either. I sort of feel like once these things are gone I can start moving forward. 

Yes, get rid of them when you are ready.   It might help you move forward, it might not.   But you know what - you get to do what you want to do and the simple act of making decisions is more important than what you decide.   

SOOOO - as an evil working woman who hates God and His Perfect Ways, I also watch trashy reality  tv shows.   Last night there was one where a man told the woman he broke up with that all she wanted was to be a SAHM and wife and he wanted more from his partner.  And all I was thinking was Lori would have a fit - or not, she'd just say he hated God.   Like Ken did when they got married and he wanted her to work.  Why has she not been called out on Ken hating God?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, SweetLaurel said:

Yes, get rid of them when you are ready.   It might help you move forward, it might not.   But you know what - you get to do what you want to do and the simple act of making decisions is more important than what you decide.   

This wasn't a decision I made...the company that brought them (they were sorta rented thru the VA) called to arrange for pick up. I do want them out of the house and be able to put the living room back together. I still have 5 million things to do, and will do what I can when I can. Today was a shit day. Yesterday was a decent day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 20

@feministxtian  Keep remembering waves - it comes and ebbs, and comes again...there are low and high tides.   Don't expect anything.  I can't tell you how many times I was doing Great and then started sobbing in the grocery store or in the garden or - it just...comes over you.  Totally normal.  And don't feel guilty for feeling okay.   That happens too.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

@feministxtian  Keep remembering waves - it comes and ebbs, and comes again...there are low and high tides.   Don't expect anything.  I can't tell you how many times I was doing Great and then started sobbing in the grocery store or in the garden or - it just...comes over you.  Totally normal.  And don't feel guilty for feeling okay.   That happens too.  

Yesterday was like this super awesome day...I went and had a "me" day...massage, mani/pedi/wax, errands...I was fine! Then about 10pm hit and it dawned on me...that in just a couple of hours it would be exactly 1 week since he died. I went to bed to not be awake at the time he left. I woke up this morning like a brick was on my heart. Spent most of the day doing NOTHING! Now I'm finally starting to sorta kinda do stuff like sorta cleaning up the kitchen (it's a fucking disaster), but so is the rest of the house. I DID do some laundry this weekend but that was a disaster...his clothes. 

Found out today that his disability claim is closed out...now to wait for the decision...so that doesn't help my state of mind one bit. 

I'm planning to slowly dejunk, declutter, get rid of some shit (lots of shit). One way or another we're moving (me and #2 son) in the next year so I might as well get a jump on shit now. 

• Love 32

Boy do I feel dumb! I thought Lori was not going to address the fact that Alyssa has had her baby. But here we go! 

Lori to Alyssa: Suck it up Buttercup! Childbirth isn’t supposed to be easy. 

C7728C65-3295-4BDD-827B-B4F7838246D3.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 10

Wow. Most grandmothers would be gushing over a new grandchild...posting and sharing pictures. Not Lori.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Curious said:

Apparently nowadays if the baby is not having any distress they will let you labor until you finally give up and either have a baby or ask for a C-section.

When my DIL was induced I was getting super nervous because she was in labor with no progress for several days.  They had her on a monitor and were willing to let her go until the baby was in distress or she had enough.

She was induced 5:30am on Monday and had the baby 2:35am on Thurs.   She gave in and asked for the c-section when she spent something like 36 hours at 6cm and wasn't making any more progress.

Strange, here (not US) the cutoff is 24 hours...

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

It depends on the situation here (the part of the US where I live). If the waters have broken, there is usually a time limit on how long you will be allowed to go. If the waters have not broken, the mother is doing okay and the baby is not in distress, I'm not sure anyone will limit anything ... I've known women going several days before. I even know of a woman who went 72 hours with her waters broken (once, with a midwife, not a great choice, but what are you gonna do?). 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

In my area, it used to be 24 hours after your water broke. With DD I was induced- went in on Friday late afternoon and they gave me something to help ripen my cervix- I was only 38 weeks but pre-eclamptic- and then the next morning they started pitocin. They broke my water mid morning Saturday to speed things along but it didn’t do anything. With the full pitocin amount, I dilated to a measly 2. They dropped it back half dose and then over the course of 2 hours, pushed it to max dose again. They got me to a 4 and I asked for an epidural at that point. The pain was unimaginable- no stomach contractions- it was all in my back and because I was pre-e, I had to stay in bed so they could constantly monitor. At around 11:00 that night I was still a 4 and the doctor offered a bit more time (close to the 24 hour water breaking window) or a c-section and I went for the latter. Turns out DD was sunny side up and me being bed bound greatly impacted any sort of progression. 

I have shared before- both of my kiddos are a result of IVF. DD was our fresh transfer and DS was frozen. I researched childbirth, took all the classes, and assumed  I would deliver naturally with no complications. 

I was wholly unprepared for my experience which made it extra challenging. My guess is that Alyssa imagined a pretty easy labor- she’s certainly in shape, stayed active throughout her pregnancy, and appears healthy. 

Edited by Frog99
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 8

What does she actually mean by 5 days of labor?  It could be that she spent 4 days in early labor, having weak contractions that came and went, followed by one day in proper, active labor. I can't imagine any woman spending 5 days in active labor. 

Alysa comes across as a person who is very in touch with her body and how it works and feels. She would be the one to know that her body is behaving differently. Many of us would just feel tense, or achey, but never think we're in labor because contractions aren't regular or the sort that keep us from getting on with business as usual. 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, onemama said:

What does she actually mean by 5 days of labor?  It could be that she spent 4 days in early labor, having weak contractions that came and went, followed by one day in proper, active labor. I can't imagine any woman spending 5 days in active labor

That's what I was thinking. Especially with her first, having no experience of what labor is like, she could easily have been having some contractions for a few days, and not known the difference between that and real labor. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori to Alyssa: Suck it up Buttercup! Childbirth isn’t supposed to be easy. 

That was my first thought...it was a dig at Alyssa. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

31 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

That was my first thought...it was a dig at Alyssa. 

As an outsider, she seems to have had a rough pregnancy and a rough delivery. I'm glad she and baby seem to be doing well. A supportive mother would have been worth her weight in gold, but alas, Alyssa is stuck with lazy, virulent, malevolent Lori. I hope her MIL, if she has one, is more supportive and loving. She will need some support and help in the coming days, and goddess knows, that won't be Lori.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Today Lori is putting in her 0 cents worth (yeah, totally worthless) about unmarried couples with children.  The UnGodly Mentor says ' I would counsel this woman to live a godly, holy life in front of this man. She needs to win him without a word by her godly behavior even though he isn’t her husband. Some suggest she do this but not have sex with him. I can see the logic in this, but I don’t see it in practical application.'  When did Lori start caring about practical applications?  Doesn't she tell women to do what (her version of) the Bible says, and 'trust God' for the rest?  She's been yammering on about fornication being a sin, but now she's telling women to keep on 'sinning'?  So why even mention practicality?  Oh, right...because a man's sexual satisfaction is at stake.  :pb_rollseyes:  

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

More evidence she is talking all about Alyssa today.  Tweet today had to do with circumcision. As far as I know, it's a first for Lori. Hmm? I wonder who just had a baby boy and may be debating this??

Alyssa -- do what you and your husband want. You are the parents. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Still no congrats from Lori? Alyssas's siblings and friends all posted something. Cold.as.ice.

Man, that woman can hold a grudge... against her own daughter... who just had a baby after trying with her husband for 7 years!

Does she like anyone (not even talking about love) ? I mean she tolerates the incels... hate with hate on top of it.

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 16

10 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Once water breaks (or is broken by the dr.) then it's 24 hours.  Up until then as long as the baby is not in distress they let you go.   None of the extended family on either side was too happy about them letting it go so long.  I was actually relieved when they broke her water because then I knew we only had a max of 24 hours until the baby arrived.

I'm not local to my kids so it was very nerve-wracking for me.  I stayed up "with" them so they could give me updates, ask for advice etc and was a wreck by the time she arrived.

Things have definitely changed a lot since I had my kids in the dark ages!

11 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Wow. Most grandmothers would be gushing over a new grandchild...posting and sharing pictures. Not Lori.

Now how would that be about Lori?  Unless she can tell stories about beating children or telling them scary stories about snakes babies are just loud, messy gremlins.  Duh!

I tell everyone that stands still about my new granddaughter.  I was going to post her 1 month old pictures, but felt like that would be adding salt to @MayMay1123 wounds so did not.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6C7v2RKcM8

A couple of comments:

She looks really, really bad (understandably so if one's husband was that sick)

Ken didn't allow her to be in hospital with him

They've been spending summers in Door County since her mother died, before her mother died, for years (how about "while your mother was dying??")

Her tumor, pituitary gland, adrenal system or something (she's finding an excuse) make her not be able to cope.

Even though Ken could have died, her suffering was awful (couldn't eat, upset stomach, nightmares, couldn't sleep)

After experiencing this, why on God's green Earth would she want to go back to posting hostile things online, fighting with strangers and provoking arguments.  Let it teach you something -- that maybe life is too precious to be wasting it online with this kind of activity.  

AND if you honestly feel you have been called to teach "Biblical Womanhood"  What could you have possibly missed in the last 7 years of your online presence that you feel compelled to go on.... Everything has a lifecycle.  Maybe it's time to give it a break for real forever. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 6

Well that video made me stabby. 

So women are supposed to step outside their comfort zone and have sex when they don’t want to so, have more babies than they can handle, live in poverty, tolerate abuse and on and on....

BUT, Lori cannot step outside her comfort zone to spend time in the hospital with her seriously ill husband???

I can’t even comment further,  other than to say if this doesn’t prove the level of apathy toward her husband, I don’t know what does. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

In case anyone doesn't want to watch that video I will recap it for you:

ME, ME, ME, ME, ken, ME , ME, ME, ME, ken, ME, ME, how dare people email me that they are "concerned", ME, ME, ME, alysa and new grandchild, ME, ME, ME."

Seriously, she actually said how awful people were to email her that they were "concerned".  She was already concerned and didn't need to hear that from other people.

Yeah, she was so concerned she didn't stay with Ken at all, but would text him in the ICU (seriously) and "get nervous" when he didn't text her RIGHT BACK!

I can't imagine not staying with my husband in the hospital if he was that sick.  She writes on the YouTube comment section that the thought of being widowed was devastating.  ME, ME, ME.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

1) she thought Ken was going to die and left him there

So Ken didn't even want her in the ER, she just texted from the cabin

2) Son 1 came  to the hospital and kept her updated

Son 2 FLEW in and went to his dad

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 10

Of course she gets really sick when she is stressed but she can still function. I mean, function enough to post on three forms of social media, plus her blog, but NOT well enough to sit in a hospital. 

Still no words of gratefulness for the hospital staff that saved Ken’s life. 

She is really making “Command Man” Ken look foolish but he does deserve it. 

• Upvote 15

blah blah... pituitary bullshit... stress hormones all wonky... hence can't handle stress... more excuses

a lot of people have hormonal imbalances, ask your daughter...maybe finally congratulate her on the newborn while you're at it

(this is the first Lori video I watched - well up to the Ken/Alyssa part - ugh)

I put off going to the ER once, my roommate carried me to my friend's Uni graduation (broken leg) - suck it up, buttercup!

Edited by squiddysquid
uhh... threadtitle!! "suck it up, 14$ buttercup" also, I might have had some rum...sorries
  • Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic