IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

Maybe Lori is trying for sarcasm on her recent Twitter post. I can’t decide if she thinks she’s funny or if she was hacked. We’ll never know because Lori can’t be bothered to read or respond to Twitter comments. 

Which makes me ask: What is she doing on Twitter anyway?? Regardless of her “don’t have time for it” attitude, what makes a person run to Twitter after a week like they had last week?  Her husband was recently very ill. She is on vacation with him. He finally comes home for a few final days at their cabin and she...tweets?? I cannot imagine sitting around on vacation and suddenly thinking (every few hours) “OH! I gotta tweet that!”  I can’t imagine this on a normal day but having just come through a health crisis? No way!

She is seriously damaged and Ken is seriously NOT in charge of that house. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

There's now another tweet since that one (about not telling your children to be themselves ?) so clearly she's on Twitter and knows about it. I'm guessing it's supposed to be satire, but it's very poorly done. All it really does is point out how ridiculous her teaching sounds, and whoever wrote it has a legitimate point with Jesus washing his disciples feet. 

ETA: it strikes me as very odd how tone-deaf she is about that tweet. Another point for team "Lori is mentally imbalanced"? 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

This from the woman who didn't know how to evacuate from the wildfires.  Ken's tick bite is on the same level as a Cat 5 hurricane or a devastating wildfire.  

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 12.59.59 PM.png

• Upvote 10

I mean, everybody is so worried about the hurricane heading toward the East Coast when Lori’s checkbook  husband had a tick bite!  It was all very dramatic and she got a little bit of attention while he was so ill. But now...*stomps foot*...it’s all about the hurricane. It’s not fair!! Won’t anybody think of Lori?!? 

The good news is that Ryan appears to be at the cabin with his kids. Lori and Ken get the small pleasure of watching him use food to abuse his kids and, most likely, administer a couple dozen spankings  

Disclaimer: I am aware of how serious Ken’s illness was. However, nobody can convince me that Lori was truly worried about her husband other than to wonder how she might get home if Ken could not go with her. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

one last time....fuck Lori. With a cactus. Hard. 

She has her checkbook with her...she couldn't begin to deal with what I'm going through. Fuck her. Just fuck her. She's a useless, uppity little c**t who needs to have karma bite her right square in the ass. 

Yes, I'm having a VERY bad day...

• Love 32

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

one last time....fuck Lori. With a cactus. Hard. 

She has her checkbook with her...she couldn't begin to deal with what I'm going through. Fuck her. Just fuck her. She's a useless, uppity little c**t who needs to have karma bite her right square in the ass. 

Yes, I'm having a VERY bad day...

Big hug to you.   The first few weeks suck dead worms.   Then they only suck half dead ones for a while - it's hell. Then it comes in waves for a long time.    I don't even remember the first few weeks after mine passed.     Lori has no clue - none - what most of us go through, and she doesn't care and literally can't empathize. That has been proven over and over.  And then some.   She's had a charmed life because Jesus or some such crap and those of us who have real world problems - well, too bad so sad, we hate God so deserve them.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 13

9 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Big hug to you.   The first few weeks suck dead worms.   Then they only suck half dead ones for a while - it's hell. Then it comes in waves for a long time.    I don't even remember the first few weeks after mine passed.     Lori has no clue - none - what most of us go through, and she doesn't care and literally can't empathize. That has been proven over and over.  And then some.   She's had a charmed life because Jesus or some such crap and those of us who have real world problems - well, too bad so sad, we hate God so deserve them.   

Yesterday was 1 week from when he had the last seizure that ended everything. Today is 1 week from being told he had maybe 72 hours left. Tomorrow will be 1 week since the last time I saw him alive (well...he was breathing). Wednesday morning at 12:42 am will be 1 week since I got the call that ended my life as I knew it. 

Going out exhausts me. I mean, I feel like I'm wearing a sign that says "I'm a widow". It sucks. Sometime this week I have to go file for the fucking VA death benefits and go out to the Veteran's cemetery. I did schedule a massage for myself tomorrow, god knows I need it. Still need to get "done" so I don't look so much like shit. I need a hair cut too. 

I really need to get rid of the seriously potent meds that were delivered...

• Upvote 1
  • Love 31

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Yesterday was 1 week from when he had the last seizure that ended everything. Today is 1 week from being told he had maybe 72 hours left. Tomorrow will be 1 week since the last time I saw him alive (well...he was breathing). Wednesday morning at 12:42 am will be 1 week since I got the call that ended my life as I knew it. 

Going out exhausts me. I mean, I feel like I'm wearing a sign that says "I'm a widow". It sucks. Sometime this week I have to go file for the fucking VA death benefits and go out to the Veteran's cemetery. I did schedule a massage for myself tomorrow, god knows I need it. Still need to get "done" so I don't look so much like shit. I need a hair cut too. 

Tell me about it - dead is a full time job for a while - so much stuff to do and so many people to tell and so much change - being a widow changes literally everything in your life, from the way you eat to what you watch on tv, to your family, your income, every single thing.   Be good to you - I'm glad you are getting a massage.  And be kind to yourself - nothing needs done tomorrow.  The nice thing about being a recent widow is everyone expects you to look like shit.  So there is that.   

Oh- helpful hint - find a mantra - everyone is going to tell you how sorry they are for your loss.  Pick something to say - it is very helpful.  My daughter said, thank you.  My son  - who was 11 - said 'it's okay'  I said, Appreciate that.  But that mantra Helps over the next few weeks when you are repeating it over and over.   Weird but true.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 21

@SweetLaurel my IRL friends are all blowing up my phone. Went to church yesterday and people I didn't even know came up to me. Ok...we have this sorta weird hippie church, not a big congregation but the family you never thought you needed or wanted. The joke is that if you're playing with a full deck, this is SO not the church for you...works for me. 

I'll never forget my friend Karen dropping everything and coming over and handling making all the hospice nurse phone calls and shit when he fell. My best friend B (more like my little sister) texts or calls almost every day. 

But...when does the emptiness stop? When do you stop feeling like a ghost moving through life? When do you stop wanting to throw up all the time. When do you stop crawling into bed and sleeping just to avoid reality? The house is still a fucking wreck and I don't give a shit. 

• Love 22

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

when does the emptiness stop? When do you stop feeling like a ghost moving through life? When do you stop wanting to throw up all the time. When do you stop crawling into bed and sleeping just to avoid reality? The house is still a fucking wreck and I don't give a shit. 

My life mantra is  - this too will pass - and it does. You will find your new normal, but not for a while.  Those phone calls and people will stop after a while, sadly.  I'm on a lot of widow groups and we've all found it to be so.   But not yet.   And when you think you are better, the next wave hits.  But it will ebb after a while - then another wave, then another ebb, and one day, you can actually breath without it hurting again.   I promise.  But - be kind to you - it will be a while. I'm so sorry.  I couldn't eat for days without getting sick.  I finally stopped trying till my kids made me.   And sleep is a good thing - some can sleep all the time, some can't sleep at all.   And  - you know - who cares about your house?   The mess will be there when you are ready.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 18

Hmm, I'm worried about the hurricane that's going to hit the east coast, mainly because I live in Florida, survived Hurricane Michael, and know what the people who have been affected by Hurricane Dorian are and will face. And what does Lori do, besides sit on her bony butt, now that her money source is home? Get back on social media. No "I love Ken so much and am so grateful he's alive" posts. Nope. She's ungrateful and seriously, there's something wrong with her.

If Ryan's kids bring Ken happiness, good that they're at the cabin then. Hopefully Ryan isn't as abusive as Lori makes him out to be. I will assume that we will see posts about raising/training children now. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Disclaimer: I am aware of how serious Ken’s illness was. However, nobody can convince me that Lori was truly worried about her husband other than to wonder how she might get home if Ken could not go with her. 

I don't think Lori would notice that the rapture started as long as she has her internet and 14 $ butter.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

@SweetLaurel my IRL friends are all blowing up my phone. Went to church yesterday and people I didn't even know came up to me. Ok...we have this sorta weird hippie church, not a big congregation but the family you never thought you needed or wanted. The joke is that if you're playing with a full deck, this is SO not the church for you...works for me. 

I'll never forget my friend Karen dropping everything and coming over and handling making all the hospice nurse phone calls and shit when he fell. My best friend B (more like my little sister) texts or calls almost every day. 

But...when does the emptiness stop? When do you stop feeling like a ghost moving through life? When do you stop wanting to throw up all the time. When do you stop crawling into bed and sleeping just to avoid reality? The house is still a fucking wreck and I don't give a shit. 

This probably doesn't help because the answer to "when" is "it's different for everyone."  

I kept myself moving, papered over the emptiness, and made it about ten weeks out before I crashed really, really hard.  Picked up, dusted off, only to crash again right before what would have been Mr Oy's 59th birthday in July.  It's gradually gotten better since then but mainly because the crash in July involved suicidal ideation and that was scary enough I finally mustered up motivation to start therapy and that's helped a ton.  Therapy doesn't solve the emptiness but  it's given me tools to work with on bad nights.

I've developed a strong affinity for textiles - I live in a part of the country that runs 90's and 100's for three or four months straight and even still, I have a pile of lightweight blankets and the lightest of lightweight duvets on my bed.  I don't remember sleeping with a nightlight, even when I was very young, but I often have a salt lamp on in my room overnight.  Tiny things that don't seem like they would make a difference but somehow help me feel cushioned and connected.  I learned how to knit years ago.  Started a blanket a month or so after Mr. Oy died and nearly seven months on, I'm almost done with it.  Tears and heartache and spinning anxious thoughts and a thousand rounds of "it wasn't supposed to be this way" have gone into that yarn.  I've got maybe six inches left to knit and these days, I feel calm and content most of the times I pick it up.  If there's something you like doing with your hands, now might be a good time to start a stupidly ambitious project.

• Love 31

@feministxtian, I have never suffered such a grievous loss as you have, but @OyHiOh‘s suggestion about knitting (or some other kind of mindless, repetitious handiwork, like crocheting) can be helpful. Last year at a scholarship event, I met the writer Ann Hood, whose novel “The Knitting Circle,” is about a group of women who used knitting as a way to work through horrific times in their lives. It’s based on Hood’s own experience, the death of her young daughter. She was emotionally paralyzed for a long time, and a concerned friend basically ordered her to start knitting.

This kind of thing may not be up your alley, but it may be a little something.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, OyHiOh said:

This probably doesn't help because the answer to "when" is "it's different for everyone."  

I kept myself moving, papered over the emptiness, and made it about ten weeks out before I crashed really, really hard. 

Oh it really is. I spent the first 6 months supporting our children. SeaFilly1 took medical leave from her semester about 6 weeks after Mr W's death. SF2 threw herself into studying. SeaColt carried on as he had always  had.

Come summer vacation, my in-laws took the three of them for two months ..that was when I had the time for myself to grieve. I was an absolute mess for three weeks.

• Love 21

3 hours ago, OyHiOh said:

This probably doesn't help because the answer to "when" is "it's different for everyone."  ...

This is such a beautifully expressed, loving, honest, helpful post. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

• I Agree 8
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Sending lots of hugs and care and strength. I'm glad to hear that you have close friends who are helping you. Thinking of your kids and grandkids as well. I helped my mom with all of the difficult visits after my Dad passed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

I need to get rid of the potent meds and insulin like soon. It would be so easy to overdose on any of them.

• Love 23

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I need to get rid of the potent meds and insulin like soon. It would be so easy to overdose on any of them.

Big hug. Let your friends be strong for you and don't be afraid to let them into your life. It sounds like you have good friends and a good church that can take honesty and will love you through it. 

• Love 10

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

are their charities where you can donate the meds? Who you can call and they take care of that?

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Yesterday was 1 week from when he had the last seizure that ended everything.

Oh my dear, I'm so very sorry. I've been away and gone through my own loss and didn't know. I'm so very sorry. <3 <3 <3 You're in my heart and thoughts, and I hope you're surrounded by nothing but love and light and healing in the coming days. 

• Love 8

On 9/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, Liza said:

She gets horrific responses & insults and does not respond at all.  It's crazy.  No, something is going on and its not good.

We had a good bit of discussion about that before Ken got sick and she went "silent" for a couple of hours.  I think Twitter is her new toy. While she had it before, previously she just used it to repost her blog entries, etc. Now she is rapid fire crazy, which I agree has strayed far from her stated purpose of teaching "Biblical Womanhood." 

Sept. 1 was her birthday. No birthday messages.  And I guess Alyssa's baby wasn't born on her birthday or we probably would have heard about that. According to Ken's public FB page, they left Door County yesterday or today. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic