IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

2 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

Modest Monday, Training-Children Tuesday, Women-Ruin-Everything Wednesday, Terrible-Food Thursday, Feminist Friday, Stay-at-Home Saturday and, of course, Submit Sunday

Amusing alliteration, comical, perceptive @Cora Persephona!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

1786AA07-1849-4B95-978F-9F89EE1433BB.thumb.jpeg.2a7c09678ee4d474afe8e0e0a9b9592d.jpeg

sorry Lori but they won’t be found because you’ve deleted them. 

Spoiler

1496FD71-79A5-47D6-AD62-D4F96C52FF68.thumb.png.61722eb1d1fc1a3192276cccad0dcac6.png

B2797063-76CE-4E3C-9F08-7AD2A851800D.thumb.jpeg.b01d6604f79c21a918a8d106e9c8e261.jpeg

Yes Lori you are anti Semitic by association and allowing such comments on your page. You are only anti feminist because you don’t understand feminism. Without feminist you wouldn’t have a voice for your opinion. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Yes Lori you are anti Semitic by association and allowing such comments on your page. You are only anti feminist because you don’t understand feminism. Without feminist you wouldn’t have a voice for your opinion. 

I got a screenshot of the anti-Semitic discussion, and was going to post it, but you beat me to it!  Yes, Lori definitely is coming down on the anti-Semitic side.  She liked the comment by George Lincoln which started this chain of discussion, and instead of acknowledging that perhaps LM had some reason to be concerned, Lori agrees that she's a troll.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Yes, I saw that post.  It was awful and the man who posted it had a Facebook page filled with hate.  It says a lot about Lori that she   a) allows these post to remain (that is acceptance)  and  b) that she responds to these men.  She does absolutely no vetting where the men are concerned, but deletes women like flies.

Mr. Atheist, on u-tube, has done several on Lori.  He is really very good, compassionate. He seems to care about the hate that & untruths spread by some.  So not so much an anti-theist as he is simply a secular humanist.  Apparently, Lori reads everything posted about her contrary to what she says.  Here is what she has said about Mr. Atheist on twitter today.

830551784_LorisawMrAtheistspostsonher.JPG.0a02e9101915f121c1e7cdb330fe29f5.JPG

Lori, Mr. Atheist was a Mormon, so he knows a lot about Christianity and, writes, specifically, about fundamentalist Christians, who spread hate instead of love.  In one way, you are right.  He is your polar opposite in that he has compassion and empathy.

I have noticed that on twitter she gets a lot of really nasty replies and she does not respond to them.  Very few people support her there.  I wonder what the point is of posting where you have virtually no one in agreement and where all you get is told off.  What is there to gain from that?  Just curious.

Edited by Liza
added stuff
  • Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

@Liza I checked her out on Twitter yesterday and noticed the same thing. I think that when she’s talking about people calling her a whore and a leech that she’s referring to the twitterverse. She needs her ego stroked- so it provides an opportunity for that. 

I’ve been aware of Lori for about a year now, maybe a bit longer. She has become progressively mean and hateful during that time. 

She wants to be popular, hence the plea to her her new bible study into the churches. She wants notoriety and fame. If she wanted to teach women, she would do so through her church (except I don’t think they actually attend church with any regularity). Online platforms are for marketing and branding. Not teaching or discipleship. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Liza said:

I have noticed that on twitter she gets a lot of really nasty replies and she does not respond to them.  Very few people support her there.  I wonder what the point is of posting where you have virtually no one in agreement and where all you get is told off.  What is there to gain from that?  Just curious.

Martyrbation? 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

She wants to be popular, hence the plea to her her new bible study into the churches. She wants notoriety and fame. If she wanted to teach women, she would do so through her church (except I don’t think they actually attend church with any regularity). Online platforms are for marketing and branding. Not teaching or discipleship. 

Great point.  I really dont think Lori cares a bit about "saving" people and bringing them to Jesus.   For her, it is all about attention and validation .. no matter who does it.  She has many men who are not Christians and of dubious morals, and she encourages them and responds to them.  this is in direct contradiction to saying she teaches women only.  Further, yes ... she would be teaching to women and in a Church or even in her own home environment (where two or more are gathered).  The fact that she is on so many platforms tells me only one thing:  she wants attention:  positive or negative ... it does not matter.  It is all about her.  She does not teach. ... she commands.  She does not listen .. she deletes even the most reasonable questions ... and, finally, she most certainly does not engage in any compassionate way with her readers. 

It's simple:  Lori had a problem in her marriage.  She needed to fix it.  She read Debbie Pearl's book  about being a help-meet and .. . bingo ... she decided that that was the way to solve her marital problems with Ken.  She "thought" she transformed.  She did not ... not really.  It was not a transformation from the inside out.  It was a superficial one ... and I do believe that if we could see into her home & into her familial relationships, we would see a still very dominant Lori and a Lori who does not love and does not understand it.   So, she makes up the rules as she goes along.  

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I had forgotten how great this place was. It is so good to come here and read through all the comments. Thanks all you wonderful people for restoring my faith in humanity. I read Lori's blog a few days ago and stumbled on the silence posts. What terrifying reads! I hope, as some have suggested, that these women are trolls and aren't actually subjected to this awful abuse. What makes the silence posts even scarier is Elias has got his own blog and linked to it in the comment section of Lori's blog. He has written about how wonderful this submissive silent wife is and of course the men are flocking, agreeing that it is so great. I don't understand how someone can claim to be a Christian and think treating women like that is okay. That verse in the Bible about women being silent was specific to that time and culture, when women were gathering in the church sessions to gossip. It wasn't a command for women to be silent outside of the church service.

• Upvote 10

D6472219-CEE9-44C1-AE6B-B26095403A3C.thumb.jpeg.195f6a769306272d9ec924dda37f4da5.jpeg

some parents make their kids move out when they turn 18 or are out of high school. Some parents can’t afford to keep them at home anymore. 

Dear jackie, if your daughter graduates high school and doesn’t know her times table she has been failed. You usually learn your times table in elementary school. And baking isn’t something that everyone is interested in. 

For years women went to college to meet men. This was before feminism too. There is nothing wrong with women getting an education for personal growth, career, or whatever. God doesn’t forbid learning or college for that matter. 

Lori suggest working at a daycare. Isn’t that supporting evil? She wouldn’t tell someone to work at pp because abortion is evil so why would she suggest someone working at the evil daycare?

• Upvote 16

These people need a good shrink and deprogramming. They're all fucking nuts. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I have a problem. The entire time I was catching up on Lori and Ken, and ever since, a song parody that includes the $14 butter has been fighting to be born. Phrases keep popping into my head, but they are all from different songs. Finally, I just gave up, and used a bit each from three of them (for now - there are more clanging away in there!).

First, an old campfire singalong – everybody have their ’smores made with Einkorn graham crackers and coconut-oil chocolate and marshmallows?

Low bar, ev'rybody down
Act nasty as Lori, or she’ll frown.
You'll always hate your neighbor
And you'll never have a pal
If you emulate the actions of this hateful vile gal!

Well, just like a mule, Lori stands her ground,
Fourteen bucks? Just for butter? One pound?
She will slather hatred on an Einkorn round,
Fourteen bucks, just for butter- one pound!

Low bar, ev'rybody down
Diss women like Lori, or she’ll frown
You'll always hate your neighbor
And you'll never have a pal

Spoiler

Well, that's enough of that. And now, Ken sings of his hardships:

The bible says a woman’s made outta rib
That gives my wife an excuse to be glib.
Nasty and mean and skin and bones
From her glass house she throws her stones.

I pay fourteen bucks, what do I get?
Some butter for Lori’s einkorn baguette!
Saint Peter don't you call me, can’t heed the call;
In this household, we only read Paul!

I get up each mornin' when the sun doesn't shine
I work for my clients, keep their papers in line,
’Cause I pay fourteen bucks to buy Lori’s spread, *
I’m a straw boss, payin’ my way into bed.

I pay fourteen bucks, what do I get?
Some butter for Lori’s einkorn baguette!
Thank God I’ve got my clients, and they have more,
Who owe big bucks for their orthodonture!

Spoiler

* Double entendre? What double entendre?

Prefer Broadway? Nice, clean Broadway, from back in the 1960s? OK:

You stare, Lori girl
With your empty face
Behind it, there’s no light on.

Your blog, Lori girl
Is a hateful place
Sick men all want to write on, to write on.

You paid fourteen dollars for butter, schmuck,
’Cause it was “fed with grass.”
Buyer beware
Of “natural” care, ’cause
Black salve may burn your ass!

You paid fourteen bucks, just for butter, dolt,
And you court MRAs.
Creepy incels
Ooze out of their shells
To offer you empty praise.

Totally unprepared are you
To understand these men.
Perfectly, aptly paired are you,
With bloviating Ken!

You think you are
Older and wiser
Telling us what to do.
But paying fourteen dollars for butter, fool,
Doesn’t reflect well on you!

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
Found a typo (oh, great, now I've got that going through my head to the tune of My Darlin' Clementine/Found a Peanut).
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • Love 12

I took this snip last night.  I need to go back and see if it is still there.  Doubtful.  I find it hard to believe that Lori would allow a mere woman to tell a superior man to shut up.  The horror!

shutup.thumb.JPG.3e5d63d96887f636d270430a2e23bd57.JPG

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Before it’s gone:AC78531F-4E99-4384-A46B-509FB780FB88.thumb.jpeg.4ee7c1d90547e92b2f74d6d58f4533e5.jpeg

sorry but Lori doesn’t know anything about love or why you should marry someone. You are on the wrong page for that.

• Upvote 11

Somehow I can’t imagine Lori ever burning with passion. 

Edited by mango_fandango
removing duplication
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Somehow I can’t imagine Lori ever burning with passion. 

Hatred and jealousy, yes. Passion, no. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Frog99 said:

She wants to be popular, hence the plea to her her new bible study into the churches. She wants notoriety and fame. If she wanted to teach women, she would do so through her church (except I don’t think they actually attend church with any regularity). 

I'm pretty sure multiple churches she's attended have told her to quit spreading her hateful, vile, misogynist drivel there, so no dice teaching through her church. I also don't think they actually attend church. I wonder what her female followers who have eleventy kids and no money think about that on Sunday morning when they're trying to get everyone ready and out the door and hoping the kids will get a snack in Sunday School, while Lori lazes around in her McMansion or on vacation?

15 hours ago, Liza said:

Great point.  I really dont think Lori cares a bit about "saving" people and bringing them to Jesus.   For her, it is all about attention and validation .. no matter who does it. 

I have never, ever, heard of her sharing any part of the gospel that can't be twisted into "women stay at home and shut up". She rarely even mentions Jesus, really. She doesn't witness. She doesn't reach out with compassion (she has none). I'm positive she's pushed many people away from Christianity with her nastiness. Some fundies seem to think they'll get points in heaven for how many people they saved. If that's true, she's way into the negatives!

Also, has Lori responded to the discussion about how children should stay at home until they marry? Because if I remember correctly HER oldest daughter was out the door and on her own pretty much the moment she hit 18, after years of pre-professional (that means "planning to WORK" Lori) dance training. And I kind of doubt the rest of her kids lived with them until marriage either. 

Lori Alexander is so off her rocker that even when the posters on her page are directly insulting something she did, she doesn't recognize it. Not only does she preach for people to do the exact opposite of what she did (and still does), she doesn't seem to recognize that she's doing so.

Brain damage. Cognitive decline. Maybe that brain tumor is getting worse. I don't know. Maybe she's doing it deliberately because she's a psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if ALL those things are true. In any case, nobody - and I mean not one person anywhere - should be taking Lori's advice about anything at all. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

35 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have never, ever, heard of her sharing any part of the gospel that can't be twisted into "women stay at home and shut up". She rarely even mentions Jesus, really. She doesn't witness. She doesn't reach out with compassion (she has none).

Agreed.  She/they always proclaim their love for Jesus because He has saved them from the fiery Hell they believe they deserve.  They never talk about His teachings because that would mean actually  "walking the talk."

Brain damage. Cognitive decline. Maybe that brain tumor is getting worse. I don't know. Maybe she's doing it deliberately because she's a psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if ALL those things are true. In any case, nobody - and I mean not one person anywhere - should be taking Lori's advice about anything at all. 

Yes, there is something "off" about Lori and Im not sure what it is.  It is more than ignorance ... she has difficulty communicating in a clear manner and in hearing/understanding what people are saying to her.  She seems like a narcissist to me,  which in reality is about having no sense of self, so a false self is created.  Narcissists thrive on supply and that supply can be either positive or negative.  They abuse & are controlling so it seems to fit.  Oh, and yeah, they like to hurt people.

She is back on Facebook today and the subject is women's weight ... again.  54817062_BodyShaming.JPG.c64707975c509368e3641460cdc06647.JPG

I wonder if a husband could say "hon, you seem to have an eating disorder" and you need to get help.  I know this is a bit snarky, but Lori is quite underweight (the camera adds 10 lbs), and she is obsessed with controlling what she eats.  For health reasons, she needs help for this and  yet .. here she is body shaming women for being overweight (the one thing she does not have a problem with). 

I dont judge this issue as a "sin" issue but rather as a health issue if it goes to extremes one way or the other.  But, even then, people KNOW if they are overweight and they KNOW about the health risks.  They do not need anyone to tell them.  2/3 of Americans are overweight (and this is men and women).  I have a family member who is seriously overweight and people keep telling me I need to tell her.  I DO NOT!  I have no doubt that she knows it.  It is not my business to tell her.   If I said 1/1000th of the things Lori says, I would lose both friends and family.  I wonder if she says these sorts of things to people she knows ... or just onlline.  TBH, if I were a family member of hers, I would be so embarrassed if people knew she was a relative, especailly a close relative.

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Liza said:

16 minutes ago, Liza said:

54817062_BodyShaming.JPG.c64707975c509368e3641460cdc06647.JPG

I saw that and thought "has Lori been talking to Gwen Shamblin?"

Edited by Chocolate Lover
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Liza said:

I wonder if a husband could say "hon, you seem to have an eating disorder" and you need to get help. 

If he's actually concerned about her health, then sure, and it can be done in a kind way.  Of course Lori doesn't give a damn about that.  She wants to silence women, maybe not in the literal sense of removing their ability to speak, or physically closing their mouths, but she wants to take away their ability to speak for themselves.  Even if a husband is cruel and harsh, Lori doesn't want a woman to be able to say 'Hey, that was unkind.'  Nope, it's all shut up and obey, and convince yourself that it's all for Lori's god.  I could see her being fine with Vox becoming reality, as long as she didn't have to wear a counter, because of course rules don't apply to Lori.  

Also, if Lori is suddenly so concerned about women's health where weight is concerned, why doesn't she care when frequent pregnancy is damaging a wife's body?  Actually no need to answer, we all know.  She doesn't.  

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Also, has Lori responded to the discussion about how children should stay at home until they marry? Because if I remember correctly HER oldest daughter was out the door and on her own pretty much the moment she hit 18, after years of pre-professional (that means "planning to WORK" Lori) dance training. And I kind of doubt the rest of her kids lived with them until marriage either. 

Lori Alexander is so off her rocker that even when the posters on her page are directly insulting something she did, she doesn't recognize it. Not only does she preach for people to do the exact opposite of what she did (and still does), she doesn't seem to recognize that she's doing so. 

I agree that she never acknowledges her hypocrisy. When it comes to things she still does, that's just blatantly illogical. But sometimes, what blows me away is how bad she is at delineating how she's changed. She could remind readers that she made errors in the past but is saved now. She doesn't seem to have this "testimony" thing down (to put it mildly).

Now, of course I think her schtick about having changed to a submissive wife is bullshit. But that's her whole point, and she doesn't really use it when it comes to discussing her kids. I think she's stuck, due to her ego and needs.

She could acknowledge that, in the early days, she raised her daughters to have work ambitions and leave the nest without a man, but that was before the big change. She could admit that she let the nanny do too much of the work, or that sending them to school was an error, and that she'd do it differently, now that she's "enlightened" ? about a woman's place.

But I don't think she can admit she made such large errors, even in the past. So she falls back on claiming illness caused any gaps in her perfect parenting, and her testimony ends up being "I used to nag Ken and be honest when I didn't want sex, but now I don't. Leave the kids out of it -- I raised them right (including all of that whipping!)."

She claims her kids grew up to be wonderful, and "in the light," but they clearly don't follow her Titus 2 crap. She could condemn them openly for that, even cut them out of her life, but who would support her when Ken dies? And maybe she still gets some emotional supply from them, as well, since it seems like none of them have actually told her to fuck off out of their lives. So she's stuck with passive-aggressive jabs at them, and dancing around the issue of her big transformation when it comes to them.

Edited by thoughtful
clarity re speculation
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

What if the headship likes his helpmeet plump and curvy? There are plenty of men out there who like heavier women. Should she start loosing weight no matter what her husband likes because of the sin of being overweight or should she stay that way because he likes her that way? I personally will ponder that question while munching a cookie and Lori can kiss my overweight butt.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

I've always been bigger than my husband. RIght now I'm about 40 lbs over my ideal weight. Lemme tell you, if he could get things to work, he'd be all over me like white on rice. Even at my heaviest, he still thought I was the hottest thing on the planet (no accounting for taste there). He had the hots for me at 160lbs, at 220lbs, and all stops in between. He's never ONCE said a word about my weight other than something like "more cushion for the pushin'" but...hey, he's a retired sailor. 

He's also stated that he would not want to be with "a bag of bones". So, my husband finds me hot, attractive, even thinks I have a nice ass (I do not). Let him have his illusions, they make him happy. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 19

26 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

What if the headship likes his helpmeet plump and curvy? There are plenty of men out there who like heavier women. Should she start loosing weight no matter what her husband likes because of the sin of being overweight or should she stay that way because he likes her that way?

Lori 2013

1365474740_supergross.thumb.PNG.83043a2e1dcaf9fba65a8014e1a910bc.PNG

Essentially, you treat yourself like a buffet item.  He can customize you!  Isn't that awesome?! ?

On that topic, Lori can kiss it w/ all her weight shaming bullshit.

Last September I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  Over the 9 months that followed (we're coming up on 10 months), my husband and I lost a combined 200+ lbs.  

I am happy with the results- I would be lying to say I wasn't, but you know what really makes me happy?  The fact that my husband NEVER ONCE complained about my weight.  The fact that he loved me just as much at my highest weight as he does now.  The fact that when it started to affect my health, he worked endlessly to not only help me, but to do it with me.  The fact that he constantly reminded me that health, not a certain look was what was most important.  THAT is love, Lori.  Not that you would know...

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Love 21

A few days ago, Alyssa shared this in her IG story. Lori immediately came to mind. I wouldn’t be surprised if she passed these issues on to her daughters. 

Spoiler

C8477D04-2484-45B7-B929-7779A715ED45.thumb.jpeg.3104ba42645e36cf868b27e96cddad9d.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic