IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

9 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So Lori’s Biblical Womanhood book now has 3 stars...

Too bad Lori doesn't care about reaching those she thinks are 'lost,' just about her ratings.  I don't think her Bible includes the warnings against pride and exalting oneself.  

• Upvote 9

57 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

There are 77 reviews, with 51% as 5 star ratings and 45% as 1 star ratings. There is 1 4 star review. 

We all know those positive reviews are fake. It’s unfortunate that Amazon allows reviews from those who haven’t purchased the book. 

Here's a review we can be sure isn't fake.  Trey appears to have actually bought the book. Guessing the women in his life are getting really terrible Christmas presents this year.

Spoiler

755439740_ScreenShot2019-07-10at6_56_23am.thumb.png.764d8454ad196691b9ffc826c95f1990.png

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4

7 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Here's a review we can be sure isn't fake.  Trey appears to have actually bought the book. Guessing the women in his life are getting really terrible Christmas presents this year.

Reveal hidden contents

755439740_ScreenShot2019-07-10at6_56_23am.thumb.png.764d8454ad196691b9ffc826c95f1990.png

I hope a woman puts some coal in his stocking!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I hope a woman puts some coal in his stocking!

I picture Trey (and others like him) choking on their dinner while their sweet,  submissive wives silently watch.  

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

Now we have a doodle about her being called a whore for saying women should have sex on demand and never work. 

No, Lori, it's because you have time and again specifically linked the sex on demand with your partner paying the bills to support you. You have specifically said it's a trade--he gets sex and housework in return for paying your way in the world. Sex in return for money or goods = prostitution. 

Perhaps change the way you talk about being a stay at home wife, especially when it comes to sex and money and no one will make that connection. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

She's back on her tirade of young women just hang out and wait for prince charming.  In the meantime, you can volunteer at the "old folks' home" and go on "mission's trips."  It's not an old folks' home, Lori.  It's a retirement community, nursing home, or assisted living facility.  And the missions don't own the trips.  It's missions or mission -- plural or singular, not possessive.  

Let's get this straight -- be a keeper at home, but post 3 - 4 times a day on Twitter, Instagram, at least twice on Facebook, create YouTube videos, write a blog, stir up fake reviews on your poorly written book on Amazon, and keep up with a chat room.  I guess if you're doing it from home, you get a pass on this as a convenient interpretation of Titus 2:5.

• Upvote 19

Yeah, well I'm fucked in that submission shit. I've been making "command" decisions for a week now. 3 different medical teams, nurses, all that shit, making home health arrangements with the VA, and not once have I "asked" hubs a damn thing. We did have one serious discussion about something because he was coherent enough to talk about it...but the rest...it's all me baby.

What would Lori's followers do if their husbands were debilitated like my hub? They'd end up killing him because they wouldn't dare make a fucking decision. It's a stupid way of life, utterly useless, counterproductive, and quite possibly deadly. 

• Love 33

I've had to have some serious talks with my parents recently on them getting their financial crap together to make sure everything is in order. Might as well do it while they're in their 50s instead of just waiting  

I can't imagine what some of these woman would do if their husband took care of all the finances and then died. Are their names even on the accounts?

Side story: My grandfather just passed and as far as we know there was no will. That means everything technically goes to his second wife and then eventually her children, his step kids. That leaves my mother totally cut out of everything, everything that belonged to her family just gone because my grandfather didn't get a will in place or think of his own blood children. That's what happens when everyone isn't on board and up to date. 

• Sad 14
  • Love 7

14 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

What would Lori's followers do if their husbands were debilitated like my hub? They'd end up killing him because they wouldn't dare make a fucking decision. It's a stupid way of life, utterly useless, counterproductive, and quite possibly deadly. 

Yes, these women who can't make a decision could possibly put themselves or others in danger

I remember thinking of when Lori couldn't pack her bag and drive her own butt away from approaching fire.

She had to have her son (or was it son in law?) come get her. The extra time that took for him to get to her could have been dangerous for both of them.  

• Upvote 15

16 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I've had to have some serious talks with my parents recently on them getting their financial crap together to make sure everything is in order. Might as well do it while they're in their 50s instead of just waiting  

I can't imagine what some of these woman would do if their husband took care of all the finances and then died. Are their names even on the accounts?

Side story: My grandfather just passed and as far as we know there was no will. That means everything technically goes to his second wife and then eventually her children, his step kids. That leaves my mother totally cut out of everything, everything that belonged to her family just gone because my grandfather didn't get a will in place or think of his own blood children. That's what happens when everyone isn't on board and up to date. 

My name was on most of the accounts, but being intestate is a b!tch especially when there are minor children.

I couldn't access the money and two years on I'm still wading through the legalese because the people i had hired from the bank's estate services fucked up big time  WRT my husbands RRSPs and several other items they were supposed to finalise but just closed down rather than sorting out the rewards I had asked for.

I have yet another meeting to clear this up later this week.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

@feministxtian I have been praying for you and your family. I’m so sorry about what you are going through and I can’t imagine everything that must be on your plate right now. 

@Sarah92, that makes me sad for your mom and you and your family. I hope that the second wife will be gracious  for your mother’s sake. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Most women who work also do the housework. Most don’t have the luxury of paying someone to maintain the house. And even if they do who cares. It’s not your money. Guess what Lori stayed home, she had a nanny and a maid. 41CEA54D-7E89-4904-98D7-51A596C5C5B6.thumb.jpeg.6230ae290ada4ef741644939ae56da9d.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

From Lori's blog post today.  It just jeeps getting worse for these women with controlling (i.e., abusive) husbands.  I can't imagine having my reading material monitored.  Or being banned from the interwebz because "my day is too busy."  Do these women even decide what to wear for themselves?  Do they get to pick their own breakfast?  I'm terrifying.

worse.thumb.JPG.2be7aed2ea70e266edfd62417c9226a7.JPG

• Angry 2
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 12

Ok, this is a hot button for me. The use of the word "retarded" and meaning that whoever you're ridiculing or talking about is someone less. And it will stand there because Lori doesn't give a shit about what those who agree with her say or do. (I did report the comment because it mocks people with disabilities.lori3.thumb.PNG.0ed89b6d8004b52d7c08653874f1a2eb.PNGabilities).

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 11

@Frog99, I think it’s legit to post a review of a book you’v read, even if you do don’t get it from Amazon and can’t post as a “verified purchaser.”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Frog99, I think it’s legit to post a review of a book you’v read, even if you do don’t get it from Amazon and can’t post as a “verified purchaser.”

Amazon is the best place to go to for honest reviews, in my opinion. I don't care if the person posting the review bought the book from Amazon or elsewhere, or if he or she even bought it.  I only want reviews of the book by people who have actually read it, or attempted to read it.  I appreciate positive and negative reviews because they  help me to get a picture of what the book is about and help me decide whether I'll like it or not.  I even appreciate it when reviewers share that they couldn't make it to the end, and why.  If Lori wants a flood of positive reviews before her book is released, she should do what other authors do and offer ARCs on a site like Netgalley. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, Hane said:

Yes, reviews from readers who got their books from other sources are just as valuable as Amazon customer reviews.

The problem comes from Lori's hypocrisy. She claims that all negative reviews are illegitimate because they're from people who "haven't even read it" (not true!!) but at the same time encourages her followers to review positively without reading it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I worked in a bank. There were many instances where I had to show a surviving spouse ( usually the wife ) how to write a cheque, access the funds in an account or explain how loan/mortgage payments worked. Sometimes they were unaware there were loans. Being “ protected “ for their married life left them financially illiterate and vulnerable to abuse.

@Seahorse Wrangler all Canadian banks have an ombudsman office and it may be worthwhile for you to contact your banks office to see if they can help you in regards to the estate since you are using their services. In my experience the office is fair and impartial and do their best to help.

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

She's back on her tirade of young women just hang out and wait for prince charming.  In the meantime, you can volunteer at the "old folks' home" and go on "mission's trips."  It's not an old folks' home, Lori.  It's a retirement community, nursing home, or assisted living facility.  And the missions don't own the trips.  It's missions or mission -- plural or singular, not possessive.  

Let's get this straight -- be a keeper at home, but post 3 - 4 times a day on Twitter, Instagram, at least twice on Facebook, create YouTube videos, write a blog, stir up fake reviews on your poorly written book on Amazon, and keep up with a chat room.  I guess if you're doing it from home, you get a pass on this as a convenient interpretation of Titus 2:5.

What do you wanna bet Lori thinks you can just waltz into a facility and volunteer? Volunteer work like that normally requires a level 2 background screen and some sort of orientation. Provided a local facility even employs volunteers to begin with.

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Trey appears to have actually bought the book. Guessing the women in his life are getting really terrible Christmas presents this year.

I'm still convinced Trey is Ken...the writing sounds an awful lot like the way Ken pontificates.... I could be wrong....but if you been following the reviews it was one of the very first...maybe even the first. Sounds like a husband going on line to start promoting the book.  

9 minutes ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

It's not an old folks' home, Lori.

Yeah, and who calls it an "old folks home" these days! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Don't her readers ever get bored with the same 5 topics she always writes about? How many times can you read about:

1. women staying at home

2. women submitting to their husbands to the point of abuse

3. einkorn bread, slimy salad, disgusting soup - everything in small portions

4.  evil feminists

5. I can't even think of a fifth topic because it's usually just more of the above

She is so repetitive, how are her readers not bored to tears? 

• Upvote 17

I was director over the volunteer program for a mid-sized hospital.  We did applications, interviews, background checks, hospital orientation, and department orientation.  They also have to have health clearance through employee health (TB, Flu shot, etc.,).  You don't just waltz into a secured area and say "I want to rock babies."  Most of the babies we needed to have rocked were the drug-addicted newborns who cried continually.  We had very, very few people who were given clearance to the nursery and NICU.  I didn't even have the code and I was the hospital risk manager.  

Her ignorance grows daily like kudzu.

5.  Tattoos and leggings.

6.  Women preachers.

There's an app called Wheel of Names.  She might spin that with the six topics and that's what she talks about that day.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 21

9 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

From Lori's blog post today.  It just jeeps getting worse for these women with controlling (i.e., abusive) husbands.  I can't imagine having my reading material monitored.  Or being banned from the interwebz because "my day is too busy."  Do these women even decide what to wear for themselves?  Do they get to pick their own breakfast?  I'm terrifying.

worse.thumb.JPG.2be7aed2ea70e266edfd62417c9226a7.JPG

Heck, my dog has more autonomy than these wifes!

10 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

Don't her readers ever get bored with the same 5 topics she always writes about? How many times can you read about:

1. women staying at home

2. women submitting to their husbands to the point of abuse

3. einkorn bread, slimy salad, disgusting soup - everything in small portions

4.  evil feminists

5. I can't even think of a fifth topic because it's usually just more of the above

She is so repetitive, how are her readers not bored to tears? 

5. Spanking your children to have obidient, god- fearing offspring

• Upvote 18

3 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

5. Spanking your children to have obidient, god- fearing offspring

Ah yes, thank you! How could I forget about the child beating? 

I guess there is also women being immodest and needing to be spanked because of it.

Hmm, it seems I was wrong and she has a topic for almost every day of the week: Modest Monday, Training-Children Tuesday, Women-Ruin-Everything Wednesday, Terrible-Food Thursday, Feminist Friday, Stay-at-Home Saturday and, of course, Submit Sunday.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic