IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

32 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Waiting for her post about the US Women's soccer team.

The only thing she would say about them is that they are all lesbians that are going to hell. 

• Upvote 5

Today Lori says on her blog 'There was an atheist recently that commented on one of my posts and wrote that there’s such a void in our culture and that what I write makes a whole lot of sense.'  Has anyone seen this comment, or know anything about this alleged atheist?  Or did Lori make the whole thing up?  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

12 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Today Lori says on her blog 'There was an atheist recently that commented on one of my posts and wrote that there’s such a void in our culture and that what I write makes a whole lot of sense.'  Has anyone seen this comment, or know anything about this alleged atheist?  Or did Lori make the whole thing up?  

She probably made it up. I guess it could be one of the guys she is always quoting. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

She probably made it up. I guess it could be one of the guys she is always quoting. 

In the absence of evidence for an actual comment, including evidence that the person commenting is indeed a genuine atheist (not a sock account claiming such just to bolster Lori's garbage), I'm inclined to call bullshit on the whole thing.  

Edited by delphinium65
Typo...yeah, it's one of those days!
  • Upvote 10

I think she means Stefan Molyneux, although she merely reposts stuff from him.  I've never seen a direct comment from him about her ramblings

• Upvote 1

You all have to keep me up to date on the IG posts.  She blocked me totally so I can't see anything on IG.

I really want someone who has photoshop skills to do a pic of Lori in FB jail.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

I thought I had seen one recently on one of her IG posts but can’t seem to find it. And it could have been something else entirely. Lori’s adamant followers with public profiles send me down a rabbit hole sometimes- especially when I can’t sleep. 

While looking for that comment, I came across this gem. I mean, sure. Let hubs carry the financial burden all by himself- so he feels like a failure because he’s struggling to support his children and their keeper at home. All you should worry about is running errands, feeding him, and making a respite (because, you know, that respite home will immediately stop all worries about losing the house, putting starving kids to bed, other people judging him and thinking it’s some sort of punishment from God). You can support your partner while simultaneously taking concrete steps to provide real help (you know, a job...). These people  are dense. 

6FC541F0-81BD-46C0-998E-88FCC1846E51.png

• Upvote 11

Lori shared something from Suzanne Venker the other day.  Without new Lori FB content I made the mistake of checking her page instead.  Any idea what she's getting at here?  Being a moldable wife?  Being a doormat?  Being a robot?

66270265_2249488748421568_1486880835645734912_o.png.e54bf46cae1bb3adedf99c71d939dfa8.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Probably Stephen Molineaux, or however you spell it. He's an atheist, but more importantly to Lori, he's a raging misogynist. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I don't get why Lori keeps saying women who work to have a "plan B" are not trusting God. Other things happen than cheating or divorce. There's job loss, minor accidents that may keep someone out of work for several weeks or illness and medical bills etc... 

To prepare for those things is not living in fear. In fact it's the exact opposite. Because of my job and a little savings, I can sleep at night NOT worrying about the unexpected because God has already provided.  We recently had to spend $700 to get a new hot water heater. Yes, it was a pain in the a$$, but we had the money and didn't have to stress.  

Lori and her fangirls aren't trusting God. They're testing Him. There's  a lesson about 10 virgins in the Bible. Five were prepared with extra oil and 5 weren't.  I know it may not be the right context as this story was referring to Christ's return, but I think the principle of being prepared applies.

Oh yes, Didn't God warn Joseph in a dream to prepare for seven years of famine and store up grain?

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 5

What I've noticed about a lot of churches across the spectrum is a very prosperity Gospel like teaching. Lori tells women to just trust God, be faithful, suffer in silence, and then God will do XYZ. He's seen as a soda machine. @Free Jana Duggar I think you're right. It's the worship of suffering to appear "righteous". They'd rather have their "counter cultural martyrdom" than use wisdom. 

I really do think somehow Lori landed in Facebook jail, I'm not sure what did it but I'm beginning to believe she is. Right now she's stirring up shit on Twitter 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I don't get why Lori keeps saying women who work to have a "plan B" are not trusting God. Other things happen than cheating or divorce. There's job loss, minor accidents that may keep someone out of work for several weeks or illness and medical bills etc... 

To prepare for those things is not living in fear. In fact it's the exact opposite. Because of my job and a little savings, I can sleep at night NOT worrying about the unexpected because God has already provided.  We recently had to spend $700 to get a new hot water heater. Yes, it was a pain in the a$$, but we had the money and didn't have to stress.  

Lori and her fangirls aren't trusting God. They're testing Him. There's  a lesson about 10 virgins in the Bible. Five were prepared with extra oil and 5 weren't.  I know it may not be the right context as this story was referring to Christ's return, but I think the principle of being prepared applies.

Oh yes, Didn't God warn Joseph in a dream to prepare for seven years of famine and store up grain?

Taking it to an extreme - why buy first aid supplies?  Why have band-aids in the house?  In case you cut yourself, of course.  But then what if you don't cut yourself?  I guess having band-aids means you don't trust God to keep you from harm.,

• Upvote 14

This is the page for today from the book she so likes to demonize: Jesus Calling.  Sarah Young encourages her readers to focus on Jesus, take enough time to allow His Spirit to quiet their minds so they can think clearly.  Lori's talk is part of the tangled webs in the mind of anyone who reads her blog. She doesn't talk about having your own, personal relationship with God. No, it's all about husband idolatry, following rules, obeying the commandments that Lori deems more important.  Lori's voice adds to the fear and confusion, even when she's quoting from the Bible.  

Sarah Young's book is about having an intimate relationship with God. The tagline is "Enjoying peace in His presence".  Lori's blog and books are all about working to achieve your salvation.  

I can't remember who said it above, about Lori driving people away from Jesus.  You're right and that's why Lori needs to stop. 

20190709_121328.jpg

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 9

More on Sarah Young:  https://www.jesuscalling.com/author/ . She has actual experience in working with people and telling them about Jesus. However you happen to feel about missionaries, it seems like the Youngs went out there because they love Jesus, they love people and they want to show others that God loves them. 

Sarah Young has studied the Bible in depth and is not some self-made "counselor". She actually took time to get a degree in both Bible studies and counseling. 

Sarah's husband is an ordained minister of the PCA. 

from the Jesus Calling site:

Jesus Calling was written to help people connect not only with Jesus, the living Word, but also with the Bible-the only infallible, inerrant Word of God. Sarah endeavors to keep her devotional writing consistent with that unchanging standard. Many readers have shared that Sarah’s books have helped them grow to love God’s Word. As Sarah states in the introduction to Jesus Calling, “The devotions . . . are meant to be read slowly, preferably in a quiet place with your Bible open.”

Does Lori inspire her readers to love God and love His word? Does she pray for her readers? What gives her any credentials and why does she think it's ok to attack the ministry of people whose only desire is to help people find a relationship with Jesus, through the Bible?  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I really do think somehow Lori landed in Facebook jail, I'm not sure what did it but I'm beginning to believe she is. Right now she's stirring up shit on Twitter 

I can always hope.

Thanks for mentioning Lori's Twitter account.  I've had some fun reading the replies. This one got me!  

1562642330804.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24

4 hours ago, onemama said:

This is the page for today from the book she so likes to demonize: Jesus Calling.  Sarah Young encourages her readers to focus on Jesus, take enough time to allow His Spirit to quiet their minds so they can think clearly.  Lori's talk is part of the tangled webs in the mind of anyone who reads her blog. She doesn't talk about having your own, personal relationship with God. No, it's all about husband idolatry, following rules, obeying the commandments that Lori deems more important.  Lori's voice adds to the fear and confusion, even when she's quoting from the Bible.  

Sarah Young's book is about having an intimate relationship with God. The tagline is "Enjoying peace in His presence".  Lori's blog and books are all about working to achieve your salvation.  

I can't remember who said it above, about Lori driving people away from Jesus.  You're right and that's why Lori needs to stop. 

20190709_121328.jpg

I have never read the Bible (being raised as an ebil Catholic and all that), and these fundies we discuss on FJ in no way motivate me to have anything to do with it. But THIS...these words draw me in and are a salve to my soul. Thank you for posting this today, because, honestly, I’m hanging on by fingertips as I recover from surgery that has me pretty much bedridden for six weeks while the world continues to spin around me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

Alas, Lori has been set free from FB jail. Do they just put people in for 72 hours sometimes? At any rate, she's back with her usual vengeance against women. From today's post, supposedly written by one of her readers as a response to the story of that poor woman whose husband forces her to shut up at the dinner table: 

Today’s unregenerate woman is a clamorous glory-hog that cannot imagine enduring a moment of only being seen and not heard. This busy body gads abroad on social media, by phone, and in person, minding everything but what God has called her to do. She’s quick to speak her mind always, rather than listening to other people’s perspectives and dare I say, perhaps even learning from them.

:rolleyes: :laughing-rolling:

There is of course so much more, but it all boils down to the fact that there is nothing wrong with a husband forcing his wife and children to keep silent at dinner. In fact, his wife should do it happily, and...

...don’t listen to detractors because you will give an account to God for your submission to your own husband.

In other words, if you have a problem with this, you have a problem with God. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

There is of course so much more, but it all boils down to the fact that there is nothing wrong with a husband forcing his wife and children to keep silent at dinner. In fact, his wife should do it happily, and...

That post irritated me slightly more than Lori's usual "feminism is evil" drivel does. Here's why: I would think that anyone of any gender in any relationship telling their partner they are not allowed to talk is an asshole and that the relationship is dysfunctional. It has nothing to do with feminism or women wanting to talk. It has to do with treating your partner with dignity and respect and caring about them enough to want to listen to what they want to tell you. I don't care if it is a woman shutting a man up or a woman shutting a woman up or a man shutting a man up. If you chose to be in a committed relationship with that person, then you should give them basic dignity and respect and you should listen to them when they talk. 

• Upvote 23

Today’s blog — does the wife have a key on her back that the husband winds up like a doll with a recorded message of only what he wants to hear? 

• Upvote 17

13 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That post irritated me slightly more than Lori's usual "feminism is evil" drivel does. Here's why: I would think that anyone of any gender in any relationship telling their partner they are not allowed to talk is an asshole and that the relationship is dysfunctional. It has nothing to do with feminism or women wanting to talk. It has to do with treating your partner with dignity and respect and caring about them enough to want to listen to what they want to tell you. I don't care if it is a woman shutting a man up or a woman shutting a woman up or a man shutting a man up. If you chose to be in a committed relationship with that person, then you should give them basic dignity and respect and you should listen to them when they talk. 

That's what a decent human being would say, that one's partner, indeed people in general, should be treated with respect regardless of gender.  Lori is most assuredly NOT a decent human being.  

• Upvote 10

Let’s not have a match making sight. We don’t need a place where men can find women who will be doormats and easy targets for abuse. F829C066-80EC-40A2-B6C0-83185D2E2DE1.thumb.jpeg.5fae6da5761479859c8447635713a53c.jpeg

• Disgust 13
  • WTF 6

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

. From today's post, supposedly written by one of her readers as a response to the story of that poor woman whose husband forces her to shut up at the dinner table: 

If she's a troll, as I think she is, she's having some fun! 

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

But THIS...these words draw me in and are a salve to my soul. Thank you for posting this today, because, honestly, I’m hanging on by fingertips as I recover from surgery that has me pretty much bedridden for six weeks while the world continues to spin around me. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are bedridden. I'm glad the page from the devotional helped you 

• Upvote 6

How dumb can one be. Why wouldn’t you want your husband to learn from you? Oh wait I forgot marriage isn’t a two way street with these people. Helpmate means to help. Doesn’t mean have no voice, be a doormat, and be a victim of abuse. Bible doesn’t say women can only learn from men. DB9CCD3B-72F3-4224-86B6-0F95B4C8F98C.thumb.png.525988d4eaf2ced4fcf41c0552731338.png

Spoiler

DA986DB4-FD9E-4138-8726-D87E2EDA2BE6.thumb.jpeg.425879f947e3c212f4ce16ffc51c6544.jpeg

Men were considered the protector because it wasn’t safe for women to be on their own. That is also why women lived at home until they were married. 

Christians don’t follow the Old Testament laws, which include men being the head of the house. Funny thing Jesus forgot to mention that women can’t have a voice or a seat at the adult table. Well darn. I guess it wasn’t that important. 

• Upvote 10

So Lori’s Biblical Womanhood book now has 3 stars, and a Heidi Garcia has posted a 32 minute video reviewing the book, and saying she’s not surprised about the negative reviews. She blathers on and on in support of Lori. 

There are 77 reviews, with 51% as 5 star ratings and 45% as 1 star ratings. There is 1 4 star review. 

We all know those positive reviews are fake. It’s unfortunate that Amazon allows reviews from those who haven’t purchased the book. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic