IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

I really wonder what Erin does with all of the stuff and decorations she gathers and then changes over. Sell it? Donate it? 

Her cottage is cute but it just looks so painfully neat - where do they do their living? And I can't believe they are going to have four kids in that tiny house. I'm surprised Chad hasn't built them a house yet.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin redecorated the children’s room. There is a bunk bed for Carson and Brooklyn and a crib for Everly. I honestly am wondering if she’s planning to stay in this tiny house forever. I’m sure she’s planning on putting the baby in their bedroom. But what happens when the baby grows out of the bassinet? She can’t put babies in a bunk bed. Will she force Chad to build a triple bunk bed?

Triple bunkbeds, two to a bunk... That's 6 kids, 12 if you do two triples. Look how the Rodrigues and Shrader families shoehorned themselves into campers.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They will move. But Erin is a perfectionist and is not going to move if she doesn't find the perfect house. In addition I have the feeling that Erin and Chad don't like to spend money and are not willing to have a big mortage, so they need something cheap (and it's smart, considering they are having a lot of kids to feed and dress and Erin needs expensive drugs for her pregnancies).

I think Erin is bossy. If she wants to keep the cottage, she's doing it no matter the kids are sleeping in matress in the floor or have to room for toys. She's sweet but she does what she pleases and I've got the feeling she's more powerful and strong than she seems. Which can be both positive and negative.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

They will move. But Erin is a perfectionist and is not going to move if she doesn't find the perfect house. In addition I have the feeling that Erin and Chad don't like to spend money and are not willing to have a big mortage, so they need something cheap (and it's smart, considering they are having a lot of kids to feed and dress and Erin needs expensive drugs for her pregnancies).
I think Erin is bossy. If she wants to keep the cottage, she's doing it no matter the kids are sleeping in matress in the floor or have to room for toys. She's sweet but she does what she pleases and I've got the feeling she's more powerful and strong than she seems. Which can be both positive and negative.

I was under the impression they rent?
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Didn’t she just redecorate their room? I think she’s just doing projects to show off Chads skills. Or she’s nesting hardcore all the time. 

Well, she has had a baby every other minute so it's not impossible. 

Did anyone else notice the word CARS in a few places? At first I thought it was Carson, realized it wasn't. It's not everyones initials either. Just struck as odd.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

27 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes but they want to buy

I imagine they don’t pay a lot in rent and they refuse to pay more in rent at a bigger place. So it’s either stay in their current place or find a cheap fixer. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Well, she has had a baby every other minute so it's not impossible. 

Did anyone else notice the word CARS in a few places? At first I thought it was Carson, realized it wasn't. It's not everyones initials either. Just struck as odd.

YES! I think that trunk used to say Carson but they took off the 'on'. It's just weird. They should have taken it off completely. Why is there CARS on the book case? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

YES! I think that trunk used to say Carson but they took off the 'on'. It's just weird. They should have taken it off completely. Why is there CARS on the book case? 

It just goes to show you really shouldn’t personalize much in a quiverful family. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

I'm impressed if she's able to get those three small children to sleep well in the same room. Mine would take turns preventing the other from falling asleep.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm impressed if she's able to get those three small children to sleep well in the same room. Mine would take turns preventing the other from falling asleep.

Erin’s sleeping arrangements and perfect home makes me think she blanket trains and sleep trains starting pretty early. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin’s sleeping arrangements and perfect home makes me think she blanket trains and sleep trains starting pretty early. 

Yes, I’m interested about she keeps a spotless, white/ neutral seemingly toy or child paraphernalia free home with so many little kids underfoot 24/7/365? How is it even possible to keep the house that spotless? You can’t concentrate on the cleaning without all those kids making a mess behind your back, and if you concentrate on the kids, the  cleaning doesn’t get done. And that’s before we take into account the time needed for her beauty routine.  Does she toss them outside unattended all day long? Does she have sister mom help? Does she ship them out? Put them in cages? I can’t figure it out.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, I’m interested about she keeps a spotless, white/ neutral seemingly toy or child paraphernalia free home with so many little kids underfoot 24/7/365? How is it even possible to keep the house that spotless? You can’t concentrate on the cleaning without all those kids making a mess behind your back, and if you concentrate on the kids, the  cleaning doesn’t get done. And that’s before we take into account the time needed for her beauty routine.  Does she toss them outside unattended all day long? Does she have sister mom help? Does she ship them out? Put them in cages? I can’t figure it out.

I really do think she blanket trains. I’m not saying hitting. She could do the other version of blanket training without hitting. I don’t know. I also think they go to Kelly and Gil’s house all the time and play there. Carson was her perfect child so I bet he didn’t need trained. But I bet Brook and Everly are trained. 

• Upvote 6

I'm guessing there will be a Bates TV episode featuring Chad & assorted Bates guys renovating a fixer upper that they have bought--with lots of fake drama of OMG will it be finished before Erin has her baby???  

And Lawson will be there, preening and flexing for the ladies.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I hate to admit, as preening as he is, he's awfully good with kids. He seems good with them and the kids seem happy hanging out with Uncle Lawson. So maybe he's actually preening to get a fundie maiden to be attracted to him. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I hate to admit, as preening as he is, he's awfully good with kids. He seems good with them and the kids seem happy hanging out with Uncle Lawson. So maybe he's actually preening to get a fundie maiden to be attracted to him. 

I think he’s preening because he’s vain as hell. But I also think he will choose a gorgeous wife and will have gorgeous kids that he’s constantly posing with. His vanity will extend to his family.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm guessing there will be a Bates TV episode featuring Chad & assorted Bates guys renovating a fixer upper that they have bought--with lots of fake drama of OMG will it be finished before Erin has her baby???  

No doubt. Talking heads will include Erin talking about how wonderful Chad is at everything and worrying over when Baby #? will arrive. $10 says there will be a scene of her having contractions early and Chad rushing her to the hospital complete with tool belt from working on said fixer upper. 

I'm glad she has a hobby, but she is truly not the be all and end all of home decor. It's clear that she looks at Pinterest and ads from different companies like Target, Kirklands, Restoration, etc. She's got a husband who is good with repurposing and an eye for sourcing. But I don't think any of her designs are very livable. She is more of a fan of pretty for the pictures than something of practical materials or colors for kids. When she "designed" Kade's room at the apartment, she put together a book area with children's chairs. The kid wasn't even born yet. A chair for Tori to rock him or read to him would have been more practical. Storage for baby supplies would make more sense than random squares on the wall. Since the room was doubling as a guest room, it would have made more sense to make it more of a dual space than it was. 

I'm a fan of modern farmhouse decor (prefer French Country), but I'm also a fan of the practical and livable. I have the same reaction to HGTV's Fixer Upper and Joanna Gaines. Yes, her kitchens look beautiful on camera, but they are woefully inadequate on storage. I don't want all my plates on shelves for everyone to see. Give me a cabinet with a door. All I can think of when I see her work is pollen and dust. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

No doubt. Talking heads will include Erin talking about how wonderful Chad is at everything and worrying over when Baby #? will arrive. $10 says there will be a scene of her having contractions early and Chad rushing her to the hospital complete with tool belt from working on said fixer upper. 

I'm glad she has a hobby, but she is truly not the be all and end all of home decor. It's clear that she looks at Pinterest and ads from different companies like Target, Kirklands, Restoration, etc. She's got a husband who is good with repurposing and an eye for sourcing. But I don't think any of her designs are very livable. She is more of a fan of pretty for the pictures than something of practical materials or colors for kids. When she "designed" Kade's room at the apartment, she put together a book area with children's chairs. The kid wasn't even born yet. A chair for Tori to rock him or read to him would have been more practical. Storage for baby supplies would make more sense than random squares on the wall. Since the room was doubling as a guest room, it would have made more sense to make it more of a dual space than it was. 

I'm a fan of modern farmhouse decor (prefer French Country), but I'm also a fan of the practical and livable. I have the same reaction to HGTV's Fixer Upper and Joanna Gaines. Yes, her kitchens look beautiful on camera, but they are woefully inadequate on storage. I don't want all my plates on shelves for everyone to see. Give me a cabinet with a door. All I can think of when I see her work is pollen and dust. 

A perfect example of this is the ladder styled storage in the newly redecorated kids’ room. Seriously, is that really part of that room? How long before one of those kids pulls it over or knocks everything off the damn thing?  Trendy and 100% impractical.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

A perfect example of this is the ladder styled storage in the newly redecorated kids’ room. Seriously, is that really part of that room? How long before one of those kids pulls it over or knocks everything off the damn thing?  Trendy and 100% impractical.

That’s exactly what I thought. The little rocking chair and wall mounted book holder are great for kids. That ladder thing? NO.

• Upvote 6

"Hey, let's put a ladder right next to our toddler's crib! That's a great idea!" said no sensible person, ever.

I'm clearly projecting my own children's habits on to Erin's children's room, but if I put a ladder next to my son's crib I would just be rolling out a red carpet for mischief.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

All the excited comments by moms on that photo about how they packed their 6+ kids into one tiny bedroom by "arranging creatively" are super gross. Some of them are assuming that Brooklyn and Everly will be sharing the bottom bunk "because sisters love that!"

Erin, do yourself and your kids a favor by moving out of your newlywed cottage into a home that can actually house 10 people. And not a can of sardines like the one you grew up in!

• Upvote 21

I didn't believe you guys until I saw it -- the ladder... with the plant on top... in a preschooler/toddler room. Forget the kids, that would be hazardous for ME. Why don't they go ahead and dangle ropes so the kids can swing from the chandelier? Carson could just swing out from his upper bunk, as nearly any child would try to do, especially Judson and Jeb. But like someone said, it makes a pretty photo.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I dont think they would be installing the bunkbed in the the bedroom if they had plans to move before the baby comes, so looks like no new house this year either.

At least they finally got rid of the toddler bed, the room looks bigger now and no one has to sleep on the floor. 

• Upvote 8

38 minutes ago, indianabones said:

All the excited comments by moms on that photo about how they packed their 6+ kids into one tiny bedroom by "arranging creatively" are super gross. Some of them are assuming that Brooklyn and Everly will be sharing the bottom bunk "because sisters love that!"

Erin, do yourself and your kids a favor by moving out of your newlywed cottage into a home that can actually house 10 people. And not a can of sardines like the one you grew up in!

I honestly don’t get it. Erin knows what it’s like to be squished into a room with a bunch of siblings. Does she just say to herself, “well I survived and they can too!” It just always amazes me when kids all in the same family of disfunction come out of it completely differently. There will be Bates children who will refuse to cramp and crowd their children into a tiny room and others who will do it happily. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly don’t get it. Erin knows what it’s like to be squished into a room with a bunch of siblings. Does she just say to herself, “well I survived and they can too!” It just always amazes me when kids all in the same family of disfunction come out of it completely differently. There will be Bates children who will refuse to cramp and crowd their children into a tiny room and others who will do it happily. 

Erin seems to have a lot of very fond memories of her childhood. I honestly think she doesn’t see much wrong with how she was raised, except maybe the lack of nutritious food options. It doesn’t surprise me that they’ll continue shoving kids into that one room.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic