Jump to content
IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill


Jellybean

Recommended Posts

@Beermeet it’s hard to feel sorry for someone I dislike as much as Derick, but I do feel badly for him.

Part of the reason I dislike him so is to me he epitomizes all asshat fundies.  I shouldn’t do that but don’t think it’s going to change any time soon.  Thanks for your insight re his dental problems, he must have suffered much pain and discomfort.   

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Don'tlikekoolaid I basically typed out the same kind of response earlier and wondered if I ought to post it. The forum saved it though so here's what I said: 

The recovery from the surgery he had before may have been difficult and painful enough that he's either not interested in having another go or he's having to psych himself up to try again. I wonder if he was compensated somehow for what they did to his midline? Gosh, he looked so much better before. As I've said many times, I'm no fan of his, but how awful to have your appearance altered so negatively.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

@Beermeet it’s hard to feel sorry for someone I dislike as much as Derick, but I do feel badly for him.

Part of the reason I dislike him so is to me he epitomizes all asshat fundies.  I shouldn’t do that but don’t think it’s going to change any time soon.  Thanks for your insight re his dental problems, he must have suffered much pain and discomfort.   

I feel the same way but less so. Having worked in that field and see patients and their caregivers take major time off to prepare for this kind of thing only pisses me off more. I don't know anyone who would do such a thing. The follow up care is a lot. Many don't go through with it because of that.  He not only got major surgery, he did it after Jill's c/s, their first baby and than ran TF off to a whole nother country!!! It's asinine,  at best

 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, the Dillards only ran off to Central America after the Josh scandal and the original show was cancelled. We’ll likely never know, but it seems that Derick may have quit WM after Izzy’s birth and his surgery to focus on the show FT, and had to scramble to find work once the show was cancelled. A bad childbirth, a failed oral surgery, the loss of a show and income...that’s a lot to go wrong all at one time. Although, the CA move was a horrible decision for Jill.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

To be fair, the Dillards only ran off to Central America after the Josh scandal and the original show was cancelled. We’ll likely never know, but it seems that Derick may have quit WM after Izzy’s birth and his surgery to focus on the show FT, and had to scramble to find work once the show was cancelled. A bad childbirth, a failed oral surgery, the loss of a show and income...that’s a lot to go wrong all at one time. Although, the CA move was a horrible decision for Jill.

There is some evidence that it was planned before the scandal broke.  They had a "shocking" announcement in a preview 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

There is some evidence that it was planned before the scandal broke.  They had a "shocking" announcement in a preview 

The shocking announcement also could have been that DD was quitting WM to focus solely on the show. At the time, the  move to CA seemed really last minute and a reach, as the Dillards had not even done the basic prerequisites, learning Spanish as an example, necessary for the mission role, and had to secure sponsorship via Ben and Jessa’s pastor friend.  It seems that running off to CA with a barely 3 month old infant ( 1 set of immunizations), and 2 parents convalescing from major surgery wouldn’t be any sane couple’s predetermined  life plan.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The shocking announcement also could have been that DD was quitting WM to focus solely on the show.

They would never have announced that. They’ve always pretended that the show is not work. I think the announcement was that they were going on an international mission. Possibly the specific plans changed post-scandal.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sam has really striking, beautiful blue eyes and I actually in many ways find him to be the cutest Duggar baby so far. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The shocking announcement was going to be that they were moving to Central America to be missionaries. It was planned in advance, before the scandals. They didn't do the proper preliminary work like learning Spanish and securing appropriate funding because they're idiots.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.