IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill

Jellybean

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

. . . .

The way they accidentally moved his midline seems like a royal screwup to me.

Maybe that's where the money for law school came from.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I remember having to teach my young niece (5-8 maybe) this trick and I could see the spark of joy in her eyes at the realization of how much easier life would be now lol. I also remember thinking how did she not know this already? No one ever taught me and I had/have been doing it for as long as I remember. I suppose I assumed it was just something everyone did. 

My three year old can do it like a pro now.

The other day she popped out of the pool (she was the youngest child in the pool and the only who got out of the water to go in the hours they were in there lol) Did her wee on the grass lol and then went on to say "now i poo" Oppsss Mummy forgot to explain the logistics of that one. Made dash to the toilet and a brief explanation that weeing on the grass is 'passable' but pooing is not. Bit harder to explain as she had just watched the dog poop on the grass. 

Growing up we had a pool and yes there were times when we walked out to the lawn and peed. Especially if you had to go bad. By the time you dried off not to track chlorinated water into the house and got to the bathroom, it was just easier. 

Someone on reddit said dWreck always looks like a 3rd grader on a field trip in his school photos and I cannot stop laughing, that's a perfect description. 

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Some asshole commented on Jill's picture telling her that she has wrinkles and she needs to drink more water and stop raising her eyebrows and moisturise. The person tried to claim that they were being constructive as they love skin care. I told them that while that they may not have meant to offend anyone that it could cause people to be insecure.

Are they going to comment the same thing on Derick's picture? He is older, but he does have more wrinkles than Jill. Why not tell Derick to drink water and moisturize? 

I don't personally think that there is anything wrong with either of them. Wrinkles wise, there's a lot wrong with their beliefs. 

@HereticHick, both my husband and I raise our eyebrows a lot.  When our daughter, Katherine, was in the NICU over 30 years ago, we noticed that she did the same thing especially when she was having painful procedures done.  

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Are they going to comment the same thing on Derick's picture? He is older, but he does have more wrinkles than Jill. Why not tell Derick to drink water and moisturize? 

I don't personally think that there is anything wrong with either of them. Wrinkles wise, there's a lot wrong with their beliefs. 

They replied to my comment saying they didn't intend to offend then they either deleted it or Jill did. 

They probably wouldn't do it to Derick, women seem to get more of this hate than men do.

Here's a good breakdown of Derick's surgery.  I don't believe it correct that nothing can be done. An orthodontist can do it easily.  I just don't understand. 

https://www.orthodontisteenligne.com/en/palatal-expansion-rapid-maxillary-expansion/

Edit:  I have to get back to work. But, wanted to say the link is for kids, who are still pliable.  Derrick had surgery but, same principle.  

12 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

They replied to my comment saying they didn't intend to offend then they either deleted it or Jill did. 

They probably wouldn't do it to Derick, women seem to get more of this hate than men do.

Commenting like that is always meant as a criticism; so they need to learn how not to be super rude. 

I'm not an orthodontist and couldn't begin to impersonate one, but one of my kids had a palate issue that required expanding.  The orthodontist explained that we would get the palate expanded first, get all the teeth properly aligned, and the last thing was to get the upper jaw teeth in the correct position.  He did that by power chaining all the upper teeth and installing a "garage door" attachment.  Every time the mouth is opened and closed the device ratchets a tiny bit pulling the teeth around so that they are centered.  I don't know if Derick can have that done or why or why not, but it seemed quite common to our orthodontist. 

42 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm not an orthodontist and couldn't begin to impersonate one, but one of my kids had a palate issue that required expanding.  The orthodontist explained that we would get the palate expanded first, get all the teeth properly aligned, and the last thing was to get the upper jaw teeth in the correct position.  He did that by power chaining all the upper teeth and installing a "garage door" attachment.  Every time the mouth is opened and closed the device ratchets a tiny bit pulling the teeth around so that they are centered.  I don't know if Derick can have that done or why or why not, but it seemed quite common to our orthodontist. 

Root length of teeth and overall tooth health affect it.  I suspect at 4 years some other issues may be at play.  But teeth with root issues must be moved very slowly or risk loosing the teeth entirely or incompetent dentists.  I’m not sure which because I swear his teeth creep more to the wrong side each time a new photo appears.   

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Commenting like that is always meant as a criticism; so they need to learn how not to be super rude. 

Definitely, I don't see how that can be considered constructive. Celebrities and people in the public eye get terrible hate on social media. Someone commented on Jamie Lynn Spears Instagram the other day that her baby looked like she had autism. Others have tried to diagnose her with conditions. 

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yes! Power chain. That's what we use to fix midline, that and the rubber bands. It's easy, honestly! Whether pliable kid or adult. Adults require surgery for expansion but power chain placed properly and rubber bands do the trick.  My guess is what you all said, poor follow up care. Even if the surgery was botched,  the midline should still be fixable.  I can't imagine why not. I also don't understand why he's still wearing braces and not in a retainer.  Especially if *nothing can be done". It's another Dillard mystery. 

3 hours ago, SisNancy said:

Root length of teeth and overall tooth health affect it.  I suspect at 4 years some other issues may be at play.  But teeth with root issues must be moved very slowly or risk loosing the teeth entirely or incompetent dentists.  I’m not sure which because I swear his teeth creep more to the wrong side each time a new photo appears.   

Definitely.  If an orthodontist moves the teeth too fast, root resorption occurs and it's a problem.  Still, 4 years is plenty of time to fix that damn midline.  

14 hours ago, JillyO said:

That's interesting, and a more gracious response to a fairly rude/intrusive question than I would have given.

Here's a picture where you can see his pre-surgery jaw pretty well:

grafik.png.5cdad96476b933677d4e8ebc8493cce9.png

You can see that his midline was pretty much centered before he had the surgery. I don't think he's ever confirmed what the purpose of the surgery was, but it looks like they tried to widen his upper jaw. It's very narrow in the old picture and much less so now.

I'll agree with @Snarkasarus Rex that he probably didn't have the best follow-up care since they moved to Danger America immediately after the surgery, but at that point the damage was already done. You can see it in images from right after he procedure.

The way they accidentally moved his midline seems like a royal screwup to me.

What I noticed is his 2 front teeth are quite a bit lower than the rest.  Could the initial surgery have been intended to correct that?

Oh damn, he's really trying for the federal public defender's office as his 2L internship? Honestly, the last thing vulnerable poor people in an already bad situation with the justice system need is this utter cockgoblin defending them in court.

And if by the grace of god and the obliviousness of the people running the office he gets the internship/job, is no one going to tell him that he keeps voting for and supporting a guy who will shut down the government and cause him to lose his paycheck for months on end as part of an extended temper tantrum about Scary Sintral Amurrica? 

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

part of an extended temper tantrum about Scary Sintral Amurrica? 

Technically it’s Scary Southern North America.

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Oh damn, he's really trying for the federal public defender's office as his 2L internship? Honestly, the last thing vulnerable poor people in an already bad situation with the justice system need is this utter cockgoblin defending them in court.

And if by the grace of god and the obliviousness of the people running the office he gets the internship/job, is no one going to tell him that he keeps voting for and supporting a guy who will shut down the government and cause him to lose his paycheck for months on end as part of an extended temper tantrum about Scary Sintral Amurrica? 

The idea of Derick in this position horrifies me.  I'm a prosecutor, and the people who need legal aid are usually extremely vulnerable people who in Derick's belief system are engaging in "sinful" conduct of all sorts.

The last thing they need is some boastful, sheltered failure who telegraphs his judgment toward them (either overtly or by implication). He's their only protection against the state and he's demonstrated that he's lazy, inarticulate, and lacks empathy.  

6 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

The idea of Derick in this position horrifies me.  I'm a prosecutor, and the people who need legal aid are usually extremely vulnerable people who in Derick's belief system are engaging in "sinful" conduct of all sorts.

The last thing they need is some boastful, sheltered failure who telegraphs his judgment toward them (either overtly or by implication). He's their only protection against the state and he's demonstrated that he's lazy, inarticulate, and lacks empathy.  

I'm a PD. I want to say so much, I'm not sure where to start or that I'll be able to end.

Suffice to say: oh Jesus.

Maybe Derick plans on defending all the fundy sex offenders, plenty of work there for sure!

3 hours ago, sixcatatty said:

I'm a PD. I want to say so much, I'm not sure where to start or that I'll be able to end.

Suffice to say: oh Jesus.

Isn't it frightening?  I can only imagine what he'll do when he encounters an accused turning tricks (usually because they're an addict, or have kids they can't support, or are being abused by their pimpboyfriend or all of the above), or who has turned to drugs because they're gay and have been abused because of it, or, or, or...

I can imagine him trying to proselytize to these poor accuseds who only can turn to him.  Even if he doesn't, the idea of him in such a position of power is sickening.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Definitely, I don't see how that can be considered constructive. Celebrities and people in the public eye get terrible hate on social media. Someone commented on Jamie Lynn Spears Instagram the other day that her baby looked like she had autism. Others have tried to diagnose her with conditions. 

Didn’t her baby have a near fatal drowning a few years ago?  I’m not sure someone can “look” like they have Autism that’s incredibly insensitive and rude for someone to comment.  It is entirely plausible her baby has some lifelong problems from nearly dying though again that isn’t anyone on the internets business.  

@SisNancy actually it was her older daughter who nearly drown - I think she was maybe 9 when that happened. Her other baby is maybe a year old that I think people may have been speculating about.

3 hours ago, SisNancy said:

Didn’t her baby have a near fatal drowning a few years ago?  I’m not sure someone can “look” like they have Autism that’s incredibly insensitive and rude for someone to comment.  It is entirely plausible her baby has some lifelong problems from nearly dying though again that isn’t anyone on the internets business.  

And yet people persist in thinking there's a "look"... For some reason when I was talking with a nurse and it came up in the conversation that a friend of mine has a son who didn't talk until well past a year, the first question she asked was if he "looked" like he had autism. Um... what?

On 2/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, EmmieJ said:

What I noticed is his 2 front teeth are quite a bit lower than the rest.  Could the initial surgery have been intended to correct that?

No.  His bite needed to be opened.  We do that by adding material   to either the molars or front teeth, depending on the bite.  It makes you only hit either molars or front teeth and trains your mouth to be more open. Usually an over correction, as the body settles in after removal of that build up. Another option would be filing the teeth down a bit. I had that done after braces.  Had a Bugs Bunny thing going. He got surgery to expand his palate. Everyone is different and we dont know the details.  Progress has been made in this area but many Drs stay old school. Not that tried and true is wrong!  It absolutely isn't.  Things are not adding up. I feel like I could safely place money on a bet that when Dwreck ran off to Sintrul America, he didn't get proper follow up after a pretty serious surgery.  I mean, they break the palate in half!  That surgery is combined with ortho and it seems he didn't take that seriously.  The midline is so easily fixable tho. I don't know where to go with that, honestly.  Did he not follow up much at all? Was he dismissed from the practice due to major non- compliance? We just don't know. Maybe due to poor follow up care, his bones fused beyond repair? Hence nothing can be done now?  We all know that a healed broken bone will not break ( unless you get crushed beyond all recognition) at the same spot. Around it, yes, but usually not at the healed original break. Maybe due to that his teeth won't move.  I so wish I still worked in ortho or even oral surgery, so I could ask a real dr!!!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived