IGNORED

Dillards 73: A Bitter Dill

Jellybean

Hides head in shame, I kind like the romper it looks cozy and cute, it could be really cute if she did something with all that hair of hers, some curls, a pony tail something other than just cult woman long hair.  She she should have thrown on some jewelry, or a scarf or something with it as well, and wear it with some Vans would pull it all together. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good thing she keeps trying new clothes every week now, hopefully the laws of statistics mean she'll eventually stumble upon something really nice and flattering, sort of like how even blind squirrels find nuts sometimes.

#hubbyapproved? Really? She is an adult and mother of two. She should wear whatever she likes and feels comfortable in. If she likes the clothes they are #jillapproved and that is definitly enough!

I often ask my husband about outfits and he is usually right in his opinions and I value them. He doesn’t have an actual say about what I wear though. Because he is not my dad (who also stopped having an opinion about my clothes when I was big enough to put my gloves on myself or freeze).

Ugh I found a hashtag that's worse than #besthubbyever, it's #hubbyapproved. Jill is trying so very hard to be #relatable and it's just not happening. Poor thing. 

27 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh I found a hashtag that's worse than #besthubbyever, it's #hubbyapproved. Jill is trying so very hard to be #relatable and it's just not happening. Poor thing. 

Right?  Just gag me.  It's right up there with #datenight #mommydaddytime, but just a step below #missionaryposition #vanillasex.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hides head in shame, I kind like the romper it looks cozy and cute, it could be really cute if she did something with all that hair of hers, some curls, a pony tail something other than just cult woman long hair.  She she should have thrown on some jewelry, or a scarf or something with it as well, and wear it with some Vans would pull it all together. 

The more I look at it, I agree, add a nice scarf, do something with her hair and it might be a cute young look. 

52 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

#hubbyapproved? Really? She is an adult and mother of two. She should wear whatever she likes and feels comfortable in. If she likes the clothes they are #jillapproved and that is definitly enough!

I often ask my husband about outfits and he is usually right in his opinions and I value them. He doesn’t have an actual say about what I wear though. Because he is not my dad (who also stopped having an opinion about my clothes when I was big enough to put my gloves on myself or freeze).

One time my husband gave me his opinion of a dress that I loved...... that was the only time. Ever. In 17 years. 

Yeah the #hubbyapproved is cringeworthy. I can see if she was talking about one of her receipes that Wreck and the boys liked...but for clothes especially within their culture it's icky.

okay those jumpsuits often come off as SO more revealing/defrauding than just pants and a sweater, or a tunic dress . . .

they always cinch at the waist and have this ~way~ of draping off the backside to make it look luscious! 

Citrus and lemon has much more modest (or even cute) options, but I wonder if Jill is buying off the clearance selection. 

19 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

okay those jumpsuits often come off as SO more revealing/defrauding than just pants and a sweater, or a tunic dress . . .

they always cinch at the waist and halve this ~way~ of draping off the backside to make it look luscious! 

Citrus and lemon has much more modest (or even cute) options, but I wonder if Jill is buying off the clearance selection. 

I think Jinger wore a jumpsuit, but of course her's looked better. 

Jill is still nursing Sam. I can’t imagine nursing for that long tbh I think I would start getting really uncomfortable. I don’t have kids though so I don’t know much about bfing 

F5273F0E-3D64-446C-AC9C-1AE323E2A8C5.jpeg

I nursed two of my three kids into their second year. A bonus- it might be contributing to her having a bigger gap between pregnancies. Although I think he would need to be nursing a lot for that to be likely... I think a lot of women get their cycles back when kids sleep through the night and eat solids.

It's great that she continues to breastfeed if that's what feels right to her, regardless of any pressure to stop in the fundie community. I am assuming that some quiverfull families wouldn't typically breastfeed this long so as to return to peak fertility asap? And if it helps to space kids, even better, assuming more ceasarians are in Jill's future.

She looks more comfortable in her own skin with a few of these more recent looks and after being taught for years the sight of a female body is sinful, that's ok by me, even if her fashion choices are bland! Style should be about feeling good about yourself and maybe over time she will get a better eye for what flatters her in terms of color and shape.

Still so curious why Jinger doesn't have a clothing Instagram partnership?! Not pastor wife approved (if so, why? As long as it's modest...can't be more grubby and commercial than a reality show!).

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I do sometimes wear things more often if my boyfriend tells me I look sexy in them (in particular I have a fantastic wrap dress from Ann Taylor that gets a LOT of date night rotation because goddamn it makes me look good and he comments on it), but I don't dress for any man's approval. I appreciate positive feedback, but my style is for me and me alone. 

Jill, you're a grown-ass woman. Dress for YOU, not anyone else. Also, Derick has nonexistent/terrible fashion sense, so his approval is honestly meaningless, if not actively detrimental to your style. 

#hubbyapproved is Jill's most barf-worthy hashtag yet. 

I'm just surprised Sam's willing to feed with a cover over his head - my toddler wouldn't have a bar of it! Although maybe she just put the cover over for the photo. 

5 hours ago, potato said:

First #hubbyapproved and now #19monthsandstillgoing.  I wonder what her next new ridiculous hashtag will be.

I didn't see the second one on her Instagram. Without context, #19monthsandstillgoing sounds so weird to me... like "yay, baby is still alive". ?

2 hours ago, emmeline said:

#hubbyapproved is Jill's most barf-worthy hashtag yet. 

I'm just surprised Sam's willing to feed with a cover over his head - my toddler wouldn't have a bar of it! Although maybe she just put the cover over for the photo. 

tbh he probably gets smacked if he fights it. 

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jill is still nursing Sam. I can’t imagine nursing for that long tbh I think I would start getting really uncomfortable. I don’t have kids though so I don’t know much about bfing 

I thought I would feel like that before I had my baby girl, but the instinct to nurse her feels so strong. It’s honestly one of the greater sorrows of my life that she can’t latch well enough to nurse. I’m consoled only somewhat by the fact that I can easily pump enough to keep up with her. 

23 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Is she wearing a jumpsuit? It is not flattering. 

#hubbyapproved  GAG.

oops I read the above comment after I posted. 

I think the jumpsuit is probably comfortable, but it does look like pajamas to me.  I don't like jumpsuits because you have to get almost undressed to use the bathroom.  But she wants to generate some income, so I hope that works out.

A lot of women nurse well beyond a year, there are benefits to the child, as for the cover, they all nurse with a cover and have since they kids were born, he's used to it.  With their asinine modesty standards, I'm guessing none of them are even a little comfortable nursing even home alone with out the cover on.  

Heck if nursing Sam keeps Jill from getting pregnant again, I hope she nurses him until he's 10. 

@allthegoodnamesrgone,  I was just gonna say that there's nothing at all weird about nursing beyond the first year.  It's a pretty common occurrence in much of the world.  The biologic norm for human breastfeeding seems to be from 2 1/2 to 7 years based on comparisons (dental eruption, length of gestation, etc) with other primates. 

16 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone,  I was just gonna say that there's nothing at all weird about nursing beyond the first year.  It's a pretty common occurrence in much of the world.  The biologic norm for human breastfeeding seems to be from 2 1/2 to 7 years based on comparisons (dental eruption, length of gestation, etc) with other primates. 

7 years? I really, really try not to judge. I'm honestly trying not to. But...Robin Arryn comes to mind. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived