IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

She was called a whore and a leech in a comment on her blog.  Lori, it is apparent you only married Ken for money.  You have called women Jezebels, blasphemers, liars, and use the term feminist as an insult.  I won't reduce myself to namecalling, as the attitude you project in your posts speaks for itself.  I cannot see how you bring "joy" and "peace" to your household when you are constantly riled up about some issue or another, and seek to go viral to assuage your ego.  Instead of casting stones, why don't you use your energy to pray for others?  Oh, no, that won't go viral and bring you the attention you so desperately seek.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the last church we attended my older brother became very close with the youth pastor. He was younger, early thirties I think, and good looking. He was also very relevant with the youth. Took time to get to know people. He was married to a beautiful wife and had a few kids. We found out months later that he was cheating on his wife with the nanny. Broke my brothers heart. 

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Lori says again today that they have 9 grandchildren.    I only count 8 -- Ryan/Erin 4,  CassiRyan - 2  Steven/Emily 2, Alyssa/Jon 0 -- Where/who is the 9th?

One of them is preg and I guess that counts to the total.

Comment from today. I find it interesting that she has to get a dig in at working moms (I make sacrifices so I can raise my kids)- does it come from a place of judgment or a place of conviction? According to her profile, she’s single...

EA0C5A64-7E64-4545-AC6D-466F242BB823.png

Lori says again today that they have 9 grandchildren.    I only count 8 -- Ryan/Erin 4,  CassiRyan - 2  Steven/Emily 2, Alyssa/Jon 0 -- Where/who is the 9th?

I noticed that the other day in an article about Lori. I can't remember which article it was. 

5 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Who is pregnant? 

If someone is pregnant, they might have told Lori not to officially announce anything for awhile, but Lori is already adding to the count.

Another thing that has crossed my mind is that Lori has mentioned that Alyssa and Jon are looking into adoption. So, maybe they are going through an adoption process, but again haven't told a lot of people and Lori is adding to the count. 

Let's see: a woman who exchanges sexual favors for money and/or protection with zero love? If that is a definition of a whore, Lori needs to take a good long look in a mirror. She doesn't love Ken, she loves his money. She puts up with a little slap and tickle in order to keep herself in Einkhorn flour and spendy butter.

I don't know which one. I think there is an IG post about it. In the USA today article she was interviewed and said 9 grandkids.

18 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Comment from today. I find it interesting that she has to get a dig in at working moms (I make sacrifices so I can raise my kids)- does it come from a place of judgment or a place of conviction? According to her profile, she’s single...

EA0C5A64-7E64-4545-AC6D-466F242BB823.png

I can't stand people who make those comments about working moms' kids "being raised by someone else".  I took at look at her profile and noticed she is listed as single and everything is pretty locked down and just her cover and profiles are displayed due to the default settings. 

I get that people have very private FB accounts and sometimes they don't post pics of spouses or kids for privacy reasons. I have a friend whose husband works in law enforcement and she doesn't post pics of him for that reason. But, with this Lori fangirl, I'm guessing something is going on in her life that she probably won't admit to on Lori's FB.  

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don't know which one. I think there is an IG post about it. In the USA today article she was interviewed and said 9 grandkids.

I think a daughter or DIL is pregnant. Lori is counting the fetus.

Someone's pregnant.

Catching up on some comments from last week. The hope chest discussion on Thursday's post was surprisingly triggering to me. I have one but I've always been uncomfortable with it. On every granddaughter's highschool graduation, my grandma would either buy you a hope chest or give you $500. I didn't really want a hopechest but my mother pressured me into one. My cousin chose the $500 and there was so much talk from my Mother of how shallow and ungodly she was and I just chose the hopechest, thinking I was doing the right good girl thing. I think I'd like mine better if I could've gotten one I actually wanted (a flattop) but instead I only had the option of one with built in cushions on the lid and it just feels too stuffy for me. I wasn't very good at filling mine with practical household things, either. I do hope one day to build or buy another pretty cedar chest for storage and let my original one go. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here is where she said 8 grandkids...3 months ago.

she can't even get that right!    Is she counting Alyssa's dog?  Did someone have a miscarriage and they are counting that in? 

Lori (from her February 2nd "I don't need a man" doodle comment section):

ask the single mothers how hard life is without a man in their lives. Ask the widows who have lost their husbands. Most women still want and need A man in their lives.

I have been without my husband for months at a time. Did I want him back with us? YES. But that time without him taught me that I could be strong without him. When the shit hit the fan, I can handle it. I don't need him to hold my hand to tell me what to do if a fire is coming towards my house. I can figure it out on my own. Don't get it twisted, I'd be devastated if Mr. Bonkers passed away. But that's because he is the love of my life, not because he changes my oil.

17 hours ago, Frog99 said:

In a screenshot from FB is a comment from Prudently at Home: Not only is it the foolishness of peers, found mostly in schools...

Oddly enough, my first thought on reading Prudently's words was "foolishness of peers" = Lori's leghumpers and the women who espouse her limited understanding of the bible. (I knew a few Loris in real life before we left fundiedom.)

I love my husband. I like my husband. Do I NEED him? No. Do it want him? Yes. 

Personally, I would much rather be wanted than needdz.

56 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Lori (from her February 2nd "I don't need a man" doodle comment section):

I have been without my husband for months at a time. Did I want him back with us? YES. But that time without him taught me that I could be strong without him. When the shit hit the fan, I can handle it. I don't need him to hold my hand to tell me what to do if a fire is coming towards my house. I can figure it out on my own. Don't get it twisted, I'd be devastated if Mr. Bonkers passed away. But that's because he is the love of my life, not because he changes my oil.

As a widow(14 years next month),  I concur.

Prudently, what if I told you that the two aren’t mutually exclusive? You can have a partner and children, as well as an education and rewarding successful career- all at the same time. I know lots of men and women who do it. Can it be challenging? Of course. But being a SAHM can be as well. 

If you come at my 11 year old daughter who is starting to figure out what interests her and tell her she should stifle one part of who she is, then yes, I am going to push back (DH would probably push back harder). If you come at my 9 year old son and tell him what kind of wife he needs, then yes, I’m going to push back. God will direct their paths. Not man or woman, and I will not stand for anyone trying to limit their dreams, goals, aspirations. 

Also- what exactly is needed to prepare for being a wife and mother? 

764BA1E2-6BC4-4DB8-86E3-E1F3CDAAD2CD.png

Ugh again Lori being such a hypocrite. She has already advocated that if you run out of cleaning and cooking to do, you should be helping out around the house. 

Let's say you and your husband are living off 45k living in a po-dunk country town, homeschooling the 8 kids, trying to live off the land and follow the tightwad gazette, stay out of debt, and your husband is working 6am-7pm paid by the hour to scrape by so you don't have to end up on foodstamps like a "welfare queen." 

If the car breaks down, or needs a tire change, should you call your husband home from work to fix it? Or should you do it yourself? 

If you need to lift heavy things in the backyard / homestead, should you just skip that job and leave it for hubbie's slim few hours to relax? 

What if the lawn needs mowed, garage door needs repaired, sink needs fixed during the day? Leave it for your manly man? 

Jana Duggar does all kinds of work and still remains the ideal vision of fundie purity, thriftiness, and femininity. She doesn't have to play dumb and let a man do work for her. 

And echoing what others have said, saying you don't need a man to open jars for you doesn't mean you don't need any male doctors to save your life if that was the only doctor left!!!!!

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I don't need him to hold my hand to tell me what to do if a fire is coming towards my house. I can figure it out on my own.

So you'd know to grab your makeup case and skin lotions?

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

The hope chest discussion on Thursday's post was surprisingly triggering to me. I have one but I've always been uncomfortable with it. 

Me too. I don't like the idea that a predestined path is set before a young girl. My daughter used to play with a little girl from a very conservative family. That child had a hope chest at 10 years old. She had already picked out her formal china pattern and family would gift her a new piece every birthday, christmas, etc.. I once asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said a pediatrician because she loved babies. Her mom came storming into the room shaking her head and saying no, no, with a big fake smile on her face. I was floored. That little girl grew up, lived with her parents while going to college and majored in theraputic horse riding just until Mr. Right came along. She immediately abandoned her studies, got married, and has two or three kids now. When I think of all the wonderful free spirited directions life has taken my own daughter, I feel so sad that E**** never had a chance to decide what she wanted for herself.

Wow, I love Barb.

And I must've missed the Hope Chest Post...where is this again, please?  On Lori's facebook blog page?

Mother had a hope chest for me. I recall being a young girl, in elementary school, and people giving me sterling from "my" Reed and Barton pattern to put in that chest.  

I look back on this with utter disgust.  I was trained to think of myself as a prize for some guy.

What the French Toast does a little girl in pigtails want with a Reed & Barton sterling pattern for birthdays and Christmas?  Sick.

36 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Me too. I don't like the idea that a predestined path is set before a young girl. My daughter used to play with a little girl from a very conservative family. That child had a hope chest at 10 years old. She had already picked out her formal china pattern and family would gift her a new piece every birthday, christmas, etc.. I once asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said a pediatrician because she loved babies. Her mom came storming into the room shaking her head and saying no, no, with a big fake smile on her face. I was floored. That little girl grew up, lived with her parents while going to college and majored in theraputic horse riding just until Mr. Right came along. She immediately abandoned her studies, got married, and has two or three kids now. When I think of all the wonderful free spirited directions life has taken my own daughter, I feel so sad that E**** never had a chance to decide what she wanted for herself.

My ATI Gothard fundie father in law has taken "boy toys" out of his toddler granddaughter's hands and taken her to find more domestically suited toys when they come over. 

10 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Wow, I love Barb.

And I must've missed the Hope Chest Post...where is this again, please?  On Lori's facebook blog page?

Mother had a hope chest for me. I recall being a young girl, in elementary school, and people giving me sterling from "my" Reed and Barton pattern to put in that chest.  

I look back on this with utter disgust.  I was trained to think of myself as a prize for some guy.

What the French Toast does a little girl in pigtails want with a Reed & Barton sterling pattern for birthdays and Christmas?  Sick.

It's in the comments on her blog post from last Thursday. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived