IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Momto2Princesses   I just saw the IG doodle you posted.   

Fellow FJers:  who do we think this is about?  You know it's one of her kids. She's pissed at someone, despite her advice "to just let it go."  Yeah, right....if you believe that, I have a week-old slimy salad to sell you, too. 

Someone is NOT coming/or staying in sunny southern California this Christmas. 

Hmm, should mothers have careers? If yes then (for me):

1.  no fast food.  Everything is from scratch, but I manage to make my food look appetizing.  No cat barf.  

2. we don't own a microwave.  

3.  I work, so my little family can have health benefits, food, clothes, and a house to live in.  Ok, hubby works hard too, so we don't struggle.

4.  Hubby never (and I mean never) complains about our sex life.  No 10 minutes. hehe

5.  I do housework throughout the week, so not sure where she's coming up with that I only do it on the weekends.

6.  I don't read to my child at bedtime (gasp), because she reads to me.  She's in 4th grade and is proud of her reading. We play games, watch tv, and I help her with homework and music.  Has anyone ever noticed that Lori NEVER mentions music in any of her posts or doodlings?  I've never seen a musical instrument in any of her home videos actually.  

7.  We do not teach our daughter about Jesus every day or ever actually.  She can decide that on her own.  Hubby and I teach her about all religions.  

8. Grocery shopping is usually Saturday mornings, yes, but only because daughter loves grocery shopping with me.  It's our "thing" to do together.  We talk, laugh, spend time together.  

Lori thinks (if you want to call it that) way too much in black and white.  It's this or that.  No gray areas.  What a sad, boring way to live.

37 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I think she's been boosting them all the last few days....you can tell by the number of new people there who are outraged by her nonsense.  She has deleted and banned most of us who call her out on her flawed philosophy...so she needs a new crop from time to time that she can berate, shame, and chastise.  Plus she needs a Christmas viral post.  So, so transparent, Lori. 

Some of her leghumpers are outraged that people are disagreeing, asking why the dissenters are even on that page. If I weren't banned from commenting I'd tell them 'Because Lori paid for them to see it!' 

As someone who doesn't have a kid or husband one of the reasons I work is so my parents don't have to take care of me. They shouldn't have to, they did their time and should be free to do other things with their money. I'm 26 for heavens sakes.

If I hadn't of gone to college, I probably wouldn't have gotten a decent paying job that covered rent and  would be on Medicaid and food stamps. There's nothing wrong with getting help like this if needed but I don't need it and would be burdening the system out of laziness not inability. There's very little job wise in that small town that isn't fast food so living above poverty is difficult. Yeah I might not be married yet, maybe because I went to college idk, but I'm certainly putting my family's wellbeing first.

But would Lori ever take the time to ask why I worked my ass off in college? No because she's caught up in believing her charts are God's spoken word rather than her own vain perception of reality. 

Wow, I wonder which of her kids is going elsewhere for Christmas?

It'd be kind of awesome if they all went on a family cruise or something and left Lori at home to eat her slimy salads and rage-post. 

She has no control over her children anymore, Ken is hanging on out of misplaced loyalty, her sanity is slipping, she's aging badly, and she's just angry all the time. I wouldn't want to be around her, either!

Maybe Lori is actually encouraging her kids to go elsewhere for Christmas, that way there won't be any reason for her to alter her usual online shit-flinging habits. Not that she actually does change for anyone (remembering her online presence when her own mother was dying), but if no kids are there I don't think she will be disturbed in the slightest...unless of course she misses the opportunity to berate them one and all for neglecting 'God's Perfect Ways.'  

This comment gave me a chuckle when I read it. I have nothing against leggings personally and my girls like to wear them. As long as their shirts are long enough to cover I don't see a reason to lose sleep over it. Cleary Lori likes to obsess over this topic. 

20181205_144209.png

I wear leggings almost every day. I also don't wear underwear every day. I go to the gym, I do yoga, I go to work, I swim. 

I also go to work, where I type. I've known how to type since I was like 6, so I don't know why Lori has to hand write stuff out and take a picture of it to share it with her minions. My mom says she's proud of me, and my mom is wonderful person who has spent her life taking care of people, where as Lori doesn't care about anyone but herself. 

7 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yea, lots of love.

I would use nap time to get things done in peace.

I also don't think it's a good idea to be nap because a child could wake up and get into something  I know that could happen at night as well but still...

I napped and got stuff done. So some days, when I was exhausted, I would nap. Other times, I would get projects done. Napping when a child is napping can be safe, I would lock the house up and lay down. My door would always be open, just like at night, and I could hear them if they got up. Sometimes I would just need a refresh nap and I would set an alarm for 30 minutes and get up and do chores or sometimes just read a non-children's book :)

7 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

My dear working wife/mother friends, according to this "Christian" blogger, this is what your life has been reduced to. Such drivel and sanctimony. I didn't realize life was so binary. Quit your job and you will have lots of rest, happiness, and great sex! You will spend your weekends at the beach or park, because you know as a working woman you have NO time for any family time.

I agree with you 1000% on everything you've written apart from one point. I'm pretty sure Lori means the great sex is only had by the mens.......

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

@Momto2Princesses   I just saw the IG doodle you posted.   

Fellow FJers:  who do we think this is about?  You know it's one of her kids. She's pissed at someone, despite her advice "to just let it go."  Yeah, right....if you believe that, I have a week-old slimy salad to sell you, too. 

Someone is NOT coming/or staying in sunny southern California this Christmas. 

Could be aimed at the in-laws of one of her kids.

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I wear leggings almost every day. I also don't wear underwear every day. I go to the gym, I do yoga, I go to work, I swim. 

I also go to work, where I type. I've known how to type since I was like 6, so I don't know why Lori has to hand write stuff out and take a picture of it to share it with her minions. My mom says she's proud of me, and my mom is wonderful person who has spent her life taking care of people, where as Lori doesn't care about anyone but herself. 

Leggings are the clothing industry's personal gift to primary teachers. I know some who wear nothing else ever. When you are herding kids all day, on the floor with preschoolers or K-1 kids, trying to move around a busy classroom--there is nothing more comfortable or functional. The more days I work in preK-3, the more leggings and long shirts/tunic dresses I buy. 

All of that said, I wish my mother-in-law and sister-in-law would consider two things when they buy/wear them: 1) wear a long shirt and 2) buy leggings that are not a size too small. The wedgie and camel toe that they now constantly display walking around in leggings and short shirts is too much. We don't need to be seeing that all of the time. And Mr. 05 now knows far more about his mother and sister's anatomy than he needs to. Last Christmas, he was sitting on the floor and his sister, with full camel toe on display, walked up to him with her crotch right in his face while talking to him. Poor guy! 

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

As someone who doesn't have a kid or husband one of the reasons I work is so my parents don't have to take care of me. They shouldn't have to, they did their time and should be free to do other things with their money. I'm 26 for heavens sakes.

I am in the same boat -- however, I'm much older at 59.  I work so that I can travel and enjoy my life, and my parents didn't have to worry about providing for me, or me leaning on their leg.  They were there to provide emotional support, which Lori knows NOTHING about.  If I had followed the Lori advice for unmarried women and stayed with my parents, there would have been bloodshed or mayhem.  As much as I loved them and was close to them, we couldn't live together.  Years ago, they were building a house across the street from me and my parents were house hunting at the same time.  My niece who was 6, said "Grandpa, you can move in there."  He immediately said "No!"  We had the 25 minute rule.  We lived 25 minutes apart -- just the right distance for no drop ins.

I'm damn proud of my degrees, and I'm even thinking about going back for a certificate or degree in instructional design to expand my career options for the next 20 years.  

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Totally. This is about Emily and Steven, her baby boy and favorite child. I don't think it's any coincidence that her anti-educated women crap has ramped up along with the news that they're not coming for holidays anymore. Emily is honestly everything Lori is not: Christian, kind, demure, beautiful, young, smart, talented with her home, etc. She appears to be a loving mother and takes pride in her beautiful home. (I'm not saying all women should be like this, but in Lori-world this is the gold standard.) She's also close with her own family, including a sister whom Lori verbally went to town on once over the history of suffrage. Of course, the sister is a highly educated professor. I knew when Emily rolled into the scene that Lori would underestimate her. She called her a Duggar girl. Yeah, right. Lori does not like women, even the kind she pretends to promote. 

My buddy Trey wrote:

Lori, with this issue and other female behavior in matters of mating, dating, and baiting, let the data guide you to a conclusion. 

Don't reject ANY working theory out of hand in deference to social convention or personal aversion. 

The best theory to which the data inexorably draws you, if expounded in a dispassionate and objective manner here, would get you kicked off of Facebook.

Trey. Dude. What data are you talking about? Legging data? Because there is no legging data. I'm a social science researcher and I looked. For real. The closest thing I found was "Compression leggings modestly affect cardiovascular but not cerebrovascular responses to heat and orthostatic stress in young and older adults" and "Ancient DNA, a Neolithic legging from the Swiss Alps and the early history of goats." 

So please, direct me to this peer-reviewed legging data. 

This is under the leggings discussion on the TW Facebook page. See what John MacGregor II has to say.  Take note of how long it's been there. Why hasn't Lightning Delete Finger Lori removed it?  

1544056118763.jpg

57 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Emily is honestly everything Lori is not: Christian, kind, demure, beautiful, young, smart, talented with her home, etc.

I dunno. Emily proudly states that "all my babies will be sleep trained" and posted a hashtag that said something like "GoEzzo." (referring to that child-training method which emphasizes corporal punishment). 

From the Guardian (sorry, I know it's a rag, but I was too lazy to find a better source):

The Ezzos say that children as young as 18 months should be spanked to teach them the difference between right and wrong, that infants must be taught to gain independence from their parents by being left on their own for long periods, and that 'emotional mothering can set the stage for child abuse'.

Emily, to me, seems very narcissistic, and her husband Steven always seems sad. 

I just have to close with a comment about that chili of Lori's. Please! I am by no means a food snob but still! It looks like she took hunks of her roasted chicken and stuck in a pot with some beans. That's so wrong, texture-wise. That explains why her recipe calls for 3 "cups" of chicken. Who measures chicken by the cup? And her chili has no tomatos or peppers. This is an important omission, imo.

Just so happens, I made a chili this morning. I sauteed onions, peppers and garlic. I used three kinds of peppers for color: red, yellow and green. I browned the meat (I used turkey to be somewhat healthy). I dumped it all in the crockpot. Then I added homegrown tomatoes (frozen, obviously, since they were from last summer), and homegrown dried basil. I put in parsly, spices, beans, seasoning, etc. I could've added some bone broth that I had made, but it had been in the fridge for over a week and I wasn't sure if it was OK. So I used canned broth.

It was delicious, and very pretty with all the colored peppers. But I would never, ever mention this on instagram, though. Who really cares what I cook? And doesn't everyone cook, even a few days per week? It's nothing special.

I can't believe that horrible glop has been a "family favorite" for years. Like me, Lori has been cooking for 40 or so years. How come she never learned to make a chili? 

Guys. Guys. My online worlds collided tonight when Lori’s doodle made an appearance on Reddit. It was initially posted for a comment on the doodle on Facebook, but lmao the comments are all about Lori. 

Her chili recipe sounds revolting to me. First of all, it says to saute 1 onion in 1/4 of a cup of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil. Then add garlic, then add three cups of chicken broth, cilantro, basil, chili powder, cloves (?), four cans of beans (which she soaked?), chicken, and rice. That is soup, not chili. Chili has jalapenos and bell pepper, no butter, cumin, and tomato.

It all makes sense now.  2 days ago Lori's daughter Alyssa released (via Instagram) a commercial she was featured in.  Her attire?  Leggings.  

Oh my god, that woman has no limits at all.  How can any mother be so cruel?

43 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Her chili recipe sounds revolting to me. First of all, it says to saute 1 onion in 1/4 of a cup of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil. Then add garlic, then add three cups of chicken broth, cilantro, basil, chili powder, cloves (?), four cans of beans (which she soaked?), chicken, and rice. That is soup, not chili. Chili has jalapenos and bell pepper, no butter, cumin, and tomato.

Plus (I just now noticed) she tosses in her rice along with everything else, to cook for one hour! That's no way to treat rice. 

THIS is the result of spending your whole life as a keeper-of-the-home? It's not just Lori. I've tried one of ZZ's recipes once, too, and it was awful. I would not win any prizes in the Keeper of the Home Olympics, but I can cook better than those two.

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

It all makes sense now.  2 days ago Lori's daughter Alyssa released (via Instagram) a commercial she was featured in.  Her attire?  Leggings.  

Oh my god, that woman has no limits at all.  How can any mother be so cruel?

I bet Alyssa gave up long ago, on having her mom's approval.

I didn't understand the commercial though. Is she saying having toe sox would have prevented her injury? I actually wear a similar thing in the gym ($5 from Amazon), and I don't see how it would prevent injury one way or the other. Perhaps Toesox just wanted her to mention her professional dancing in the commercial.

I make a very quick and simple white chicken chili that I've always thought was not very visually appealing; but I THINK (shrugs shoulders) it looks better than that stuff Lori showed. Plus, it's really good; my husband and the neighbor I feed both request it often.  

I don't understand soaking the canned beans. I don't understand sautéing the onion and garlic in butter AND oil. I don't understand adding rice to chili. I don't understand calling it "Black Bean Chili" when black beans are in many chili recipes. Why not call it "Chicken Chili," or better yet "Black Bean, rice and chicken soup"?  And, DAMMIT, why do I care so much?!?

I think Lori posted that recipe to make us think she cooks for Ken. I doubt she could bring herself to eat it.  I think she is so rigid with her eating that she won't consume anything that is not part of her regular rotation.  

1 minute ago, Ex 2x2 said:

I don’t follow Lori, but I nearly died when I saw this on twitter tonight!! 

86758FE7-7B89-4D9D-A2DF-945F3A84D3AA.png

OMG. Christmas has come early for Lori. She's going to eat this up with an organic spoon.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived