IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Since it's sunday and our dinner is peacefully simmering on the stove, what will you have for dinner?

A veggie hachis parmentier: browned artichoke hearts, onion, green pepper and carrots covered by homemade mashed potatoes and grated parmesan. Put in the oven and open a bottle of wine. Cheers!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you cook a great meal for your husband, says the one who serves wilted cat food big salads and her husband cooks for himself so that he can have a REAL meal.  Remember the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when Marie makes a tofu turkey for Thanksgiving.  I can totally see Lori doing that.  "Look how beautiful it is, and it's so healthy."  That would be how she could force portion control on her family.

Lunch today will be Panera because I'm going shopping with my sweetie pie niece.  Tonight will be leftovers from The Blind Tiger, a local beach-front restaurant -- pulled pork nachos, fried pickles and fried mushrooms.  Probably with a Nastro Azzuro.

3 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Buuuuttttt, they don't have any issues to talk to a therapist about!   They own a penis!  Case closed.  

I'm of the opinion that the penis causes their issues...maybe they need to talk to a therapist about this appendage that has a mind of its own

I tried to argue swimmer with her once. She replied but deleted soon after. I am a volunteer lifeguard in a public pool. This summer was brutal. Modest swimwear can become a deathtrap. I saw it happen with a young muslim girl. One minute later and she would have been dead. Told her about such stories she just argued muslims = bad and "no big loss"

39 minutes ago, CoalMiningGuy said:

I tried to argue swimmer with her once. She replied but deleted soon after. I am a volunteer lifeguard in a public pool. This summer was brutal. Modest swimwear can become a deathtrap. I saw it happen with a young muslim girl. One minute later and she would have been dead. Told her about such stories she just argued muslims = bad and "no big loss"

You'll want to stay away from the Jill Rodrigues threads, then - her oh-so-modest daughters swim in long denim skirts.

Ugh. That comment/essay from Trey made me spitting mad. 

Putting white stickers over the parts he didn't agree with? Tearing out pages? How crazy can you get? 

I'm all for married couples encouraging each other to correct bad behavior, but this guy is over the top. Of course, if the roles were reversed, she would never be allowed to treat him that way. 

My sister married a narcissist. He's currently in counselling, and seems to be doing better, but we'll see. 

One of his many, many issues was that my sister could never do anything right. His mom told him, "Now that you are married, you can train her to be the wife you want! That's what I did with your Dad, and now I love the way he is." 

Also, of COURSE he loves Deb Pearl. 

7 minutes ago, PianoGal said:

One of his many, many issues was that my sister could never do anything right. His mom told him, "Now that you are married, you can train her to be the wife you want! That's what I did with your Dad, and now I love the way he is." 

That's something I love about my husband. He wouldn't stand for the mother talking shit about me. He wouldn't stand for HIS mother talking shit about me (one of many reasons he ended contact with her). 

We had to battle out our own shit...and it only was worse when other people (his mother and sister) decided to jump in the middle of it. Once we were free of all that bullshit, we were able to build the life we wanted. 

1 hour ago, PianoGal said:

Putting white stickers over the parts he didn't agree with? Tearing out pages? How crazy can you get? 

I'm all for married couples encouraging each other to correct bad behavior, but this guy is over the top. Of course, if the roles were reversed, she would never be allowed to treat him that way. 

My sister married a narcissist. He's currently in counselling, and seems to be doing better, but we'll see. 

Just realized, this sounds like my sister's husband is the one who likes Debi Pearl. I was actually referring to Trey. 

Mr Dress and I are beginning to decorate for Christmas. so dinner needed to be something that could simmer all afternoon. 

Thus we're having homemade green split pea soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and a green salad.  I used a ham bone I had frozen to made the soup stock this morning, picked off the meat then added chopped onions, celery, carrots and the dried peas., plus pepper and marjoram to taste to the stock.

Right now it's simmering and making a delicious smell.

So yay me! "godly" wife making a meal from scratch (insert snark emoji & eye roll here). Ya know like I do nearly every night even though I work (gasp, clutch pearls).

But ........ since it's not Lori's godly healthy yucky soup, take off ten points.  And I will NOT be using the grilled cheese grease as hand lotion later this evening.

So ........... yeah, homemade dinner ..... but probably still a big fail in Lori's judgement. (Like I care.)

Now I could definitely see Ken chowing down on the dinner I have planned. Because It's real food. Delicious, appetizing looking and tasting food, Not yuck dishwater soup and cat food on a salad ... with sauerkraut (eeeewww).

Not that Ken is invited, or would be. Although maybe if he saw what a true loving marriage of equals was, had about 2 weeks of good dinners with laughter and real conversation, and lived in a house without the presence of a passive aggressive controlling nut case who gets up in the middle of the night to do "you tubers" to tell women what sinful sluts and jezebels they are...... Maybe just maybe he'd begin to be a somewhat normal person.

I just took the pre-sliced and pre-marinated fajita/burrito meat out of the freezer. We'll be having that for dinner with probably rice, cheese, sour cream and who knows what else, gonna look for a can of black beans in the pantry (I usually make my own but have been lazy AF lately). 

Last night we were really lazy and called Grubhub and got Philly cheesesteak subs for dinner. 

See Lori, this full time working hussy goes grocery shopping, buys meat in bulk and takes the time to make smaller servings of things like meatloaf, fajita/burrito/stir fry portions, homemade chicken nuggets/strips, all that good shit. I put a decent meal on the table 6 out of 7 nights, especially now that hub's hours at work got shifted earlier so he's home before I get home. 

Ken should come over and see what working as a team looks like. As y'all know, I'm sorta limited since my accident but there's stuff I CAN do. Hub does the rest WITHOUT fussing, bitching, whining or anything else. They both should come over and see what people who are not just husband/wife (transaction) but FRIENDS have to offer by way of marriage. Fun, laughter, sarcasm, smiles, smooches and other things...without the haggling of some stupid idea of marriage being a transaction

There was this article once in The Guardian (newspaper) weekend magazine called “Me and my penis: 100 men reveal all” (yes, with photos) and as I was reading it I thought... god, penises are funny looking things. 

Lori is just batshit. Trey is a an asshat of the highest order.

Plus ça change. (Nothing changes).

Dinner: homemade meatball sandwiches and FRESH normal salad (NOT week old slimy salad+cat food+sauerkraut)

re: Post about Lauren Daigle/homosexuality. Notnsurprised she’s posting this only surprised it took her so long. DIL Emily posted about her weeks ago with a link to the Ellen episode, praising Lauren and her music. Alyssa and a few other ALSO weighed in with their love of Lauren’s music.  You knew it wasn’t going to sit well with Lori.  If I can a find it, another Christian blogger praised the appearance on the Ellen show.  I’m sure Lori has written her off as well

Lori would NOT approve, but Mr Loveday is going to steam some shrimp shortly. I'll add a green veg and perhaps baked potatoes. Mr L will probably also do the dishes afterward, because I've got a minor muscle strain in my left leg and really need to stay off my feet for the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure his penis will remain intact, though, even if he does have to scour the steamer with a Brillo pad. :pb_lol:

On 12/2/2018 at 6:28 AM, delphinium65 said:

Lori's online lover wannabe  leghumper  admirer Trey is over at that damned Biblical Gender Roles site talking Lori up to men who can't control their women.  Long-winded guy, who uses a lot of words to basically say very little.  

I wandered over to the website to have a look at the original post ?. Then I found this gem in the same group of comments as well.....

“I don’t think it is asking too much to for a Christian man to find a woman who is a virgin. The trick is to get them right out of high school Most stats show that roughly 50 of women are still virgins by the time they graduate high school but then by the time they are 20 or 21 it drops to only 15 to 20 percent being non-virgin. So you have to get them in that 2 year window.”

Bolding by me. This sounds borderline grooming behaviour to me. I would bet any money that these swine have chosen their potential wife before this. If this is the type of guy Lori considers Godly, then she really needs to rethink her definitions .

We are having chicken shawarma in Casa Bonkers, with homemade pitas. I am enlisting the older Bonkers to slice cucumbers and tomatoes for me because I am BEAT. I baked 3 batches of chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and about 100 cinnamon rolls for a fundraiser tomorrow. Send bourbon. 

We had a late lunch at Outback. We moved yesterday and while the house is put together abs organized, I am beat. We then went to Aldi- first time there. Any tips or suggestions or things to look out for for future trips? 

5 hours ago, PianoGal said:

I hope your sister is still going to be on guard, narcissism is not something that goes away.  It's pretty much part of the person and they don't generally change.  I am not a therapist or a counselor, I just read a lot of stuff!  But I hope that your sister will be ok and safe.

Dinner was what we call "Linner" - Lunch + Dinner = Linner, which is usually mid-afternoon.  We had some cut up boiled potatoes left from yesterday, I opened a couple of cans of Wolf's chili (with beans), warmed it up and poured it over the potatoes.  Topped with chopped onions, lots of cheese, chopped jalepenos and I think Mr. Briefly added picante sauce to his.  It's good.  We don't always eat dinner if we have Linner but tonight I think I'm going to need a snack of some sort before bedtime.

A177A1AC-1AB0-44C2-8E4D-C72A6C53015B.thumb.jpeg.8dbcc6c3900fb3ee308959ec16156cc5.jpegthis guy seems extra creepy. Saying ma’am doesn’t change that. 

Women don’t need coverings. What we need is protection from creeps who think they rule over us. This isn’t biblical times. 

The way people are speaking about Lauren Daigle is pretty disturbing to me. Many are calling her a sell out (Lori and her cult) or saying that she was afraid to speak. I mean she might have been afraid to speak out but maybe, just maybe she doesn't actually know where she stands? Maybe she's been offered some different interpretations that she's considering and processing?  I can relate to the "I'm still learning" answer because that's where I'm at. A couple years ago I would say a big fat "no!" to feminism. Then it was a "I'm still learning". Now it's a "yes!"  

Its okay to deconstruct and process our faith especially as we separate ourselves from our parents beliefs. One might end up with the same answer or a different one. I mourn the fact that many Christians make it difficult to be in the questioning phase. It made me fearful to ask questions without being judged. 

4 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

The trick is to get them right out of high school

(quoting Katzchen24 quoting the MRA on Lori's blog)

Phil Robertson, the Duck Dynasty patriarch, caused a media stir a few years ago for saying a man needed to find a wife not older than fifteen or sixteen. He was serious; he.married his wife when she was about that age.

Although the man has a BA and MA, he's still an idiot.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I hope your sister is still going to be on guard, narcissism is not something that goes away.  It's pretty much part of the person and they don't generally change.  I am not a therapist or a counselor, I just read a lot of stuff!  But I hope that your sister will be ok and safe.

Thanks. I hope so too. I personally don't have much hope of real change, but it may take a long time for my sister to agree. She's young and innocent. I just try to stay supportive as much as I can. 

Lori believes that church is only for believers, not "the lost." If unbelievers come, she thinks they need to made uncomfortable because then they will leave or "repent." She does not have a clue how to relate to others. I also don't think she is capable of empathy. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived