IGNORED

Dillards 70: Their Behavior Is Always Pretty Weird

HerNameIsBuffy

On 11/25/2018 at 4:35 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

That pecan pie makes me twitch. I can't tolerate the "upside down" pecan halves. When I make a pecan pie, I painstakingly place the pecans "right" side up.  

Edit:  Further - Jill with that damn over-the-shoulder braid...  

I don't think I've ever seen a pecan pie with all the pecans the same side up (I'm in Ontario) -  you must get stressed out at every bakery! I can imagine one with the pecans nicely arranged would look great but the local approach just seems to be "dump them in."

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

every bakery!

Every bakery I've ever seen takes the time to make the pies look nice. lol

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Aren’t pecan pies usually made with chopped pecans anyway?

It depends on the baker, but some bakers do take the time to put pecan halves on the top.  Chopped pecans are the main part of the pie though.

I honestly didn't know pecans had sides? But then again, Ive never had one before (or a pumpkin pie, or a sweet potato pie...)

On 11/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, libgirl2 said:

We have a machine called a Hot Logic. You put your meal frozen or not in and it warms it up. No smells. 

Thanks! Just bought this for myself.  It's the perfect solution to avoid all the rude people in our office kitchen. Well worth the $50.

4 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I honestly didn't know pecans had sides?

The two sides are pretty similar looking! Also now I want pecan pie.

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Aren’t pecan pies usually made with chopped pecans anyway? 

That's definitely how I make pecan tarts. Yum!

For those still wondering - this image shows the "right" side of the pecan (circled in green) and the "wrong" side (circled in red). 

Further:  do you now how hard it is to find pics of the "wrong" side of a pecan? Even the wikipedia page's pic of a pecan pie has just the "right" sides showing (arranged in concentric circles!). lol

wis_pecans_blog_header_921x556.png

A google image search of pecan pies shows a lot of pies arranged with concentic circles. Also, a lot of variants with helter-skelter pecans.

All of this leading to puzzled google search analytics marketers wondering about the strange “right side up pecan pieces” search uptick of November 2018. 

36 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

TFDW would appreciate this drift. 

One would hope they make the tastiest treatsg. And if Priscilla did not make a concentric circled pie, I would give her crap. That is their eternal penalty from above. Perpetual Pecan Penance.

(For the unaware: David Waller and Priscilla Keller (Sis and BIL to Anna Duggar) are infamous for “gleaning” a very full small shopping bag of pecans on a stroll through a pecan farm. The pecan farmer had not given permission. He is known forevermore as “ The Pecan Thief”

I should point out that when I first joined FJ I saw this pecan story referenced a lot and I assumed it was a forum joke. Was pretty shocked to find out that really happened. :pb_lol: 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, xenobia said:

Glad Jill got to spend time with her sons. Just sad that Jill's daughters Jenni and Joy and her grand-child Gideon weren't there. I am sure Jill would love to have all her kids around her. 

And just as a disclaimer...no, this was not snark on my side. I actually think Jill deserves to be called Joy, James, and Jenni's mother-figure. On top of that, I think that Jill appears lonely and displaced ever since she got married to #besthubbyever and might benefit from having her "buddies" around more often. 

14 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

All of this leading to puzzled google search analytics marketers wondering about the strange “right side up pecan pieces” search uptick of November 2018. 

One of my duties at work is to run the GA numbers on our websites and create pretty little reports. 

I could see someone falling down the pecan analytics rabbit hole

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

One would hope they make the tastiest treatsg. And if Priscilla did not make a concentric circled pie, I would give her crap. That is their eternal penalty from above. Perpetual Pecan Penance.

(For the unaware: David Waller and Priscilla Keller (Sis and BIL to Anna Duggar) are infamous for “gleaning” a very full small shopping bag of pecans on a stroll through a pecan farm. The pecan farmer had not given permission. He is known forevermore as “ The Pecan Thief”

I mostly lurk the Duggar and Waller threads, but I want to say that every time I see the Pecan Tale mentioned, I die of second-hand embarrassment all over again. It was the most cringeworthy fundie episode ever. I still don't understand how David blew it up into a whole story with photos for their blog. It seemed like Priscilla was absolutely mortified, and David should have just shut his pie-hole instead of writing a post about it! 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Glad Jill got to spend time with her sons. Just sad that Jill's daughters Jenni and Joy and her grand-child Gideon weren't there. I am sure Jill would love to have all her kids around her. 

And just as a disclaimer...no, this was not snark on my side. I actually think Jill deserves to be called Joy, James, and Jenni's mother-figure. On top of that, I think that Jill appears lonely and displaced ever since she got married to #besthubbyever and might benefit from having her "buddies" around more often. 

That’s a good point - I’ve always looked at it from the perspective of how hard it is on the little buddies to lose their sister mom - but it must be really tough on the older girls too. Especially after the initial  whirlwind of being in-love, wedding planning, etc.  It must be really hard!  I wonder how much time they spend with each little buddy? 

Of course, at least they still get to spend time together and be involved for the rest of their lives - I always wonder at how difficult it is for long term partners who separate and no longer see the kids, or Live-in Nannies.

28 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I mostly lurk the Duggar and Waller threads, but I want to say that every time I see the Pecan Tale mentioned, I die of second-hand embarrassment all over again. It was the most cringeworthy fundie episode ever. I still don't understand how David blew it up into a whole story with photos for their blog. It seemed like Priscilla was absolutely mortified, and David should have just shut his pie-hole instead of writing a post about it! 

I agree. In my mental fundie sorting scale I tend to score them on likability as a human person, common sense, shitty beliefs. It’s a mix and match system akin to pageant rating. Priscilla is probably a sweet human outside of her brainwashing. David has some issues.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:03 AM, Pretzel said:

Do we ever see her meeting friends or spending time with her sisters? I know she must be busy with two little kids and all the pressure that is put on fundie wives when it comes to housework, etc. but she just seems so isolated. Does she might feel embarassed because her idiot husband got them kicked off the gravy train?

49 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Jill, the best time to spend some time with your husband is probably not while he studies for an exam tomorrow. 

Just FYI. 

*off to check instagram*

Ah, another cringeworthy one.

Jill, you forgot to add #besthubbyever, how are we supposed to know he is DA BEST?

Sweet Rufus, I'm so glad I didn't have a clingy spouse when I was in school. Someone snuggling with me while I'm trying to study is my idea of hell.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived