IGNORED

Dillards 70: Their Behavior Is Always Pretty Weird

HerNameIsBuffy

49 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I love Junior Mints, but then again dark chocolate is my thing. Dark chocolate Kit Kats and Milky Way bars are pretty good also.

Have you tried the dark chocolate Reese's PB cups??

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'll trade you a burping co-worker who's burps waft over the very low partition between our desks. And we only sit about 4 feet away from each other, facing each other....... He also chews gum loudly with his mouth open almost all day and blows and pops bubbles. Add in some sparkling water and no wonder the guy is burping. 

Oh how I wish..... 

No thanks on the trade offer.  You have my deepest sympathies!

51 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Salmon? Cheap? Where do you buy yours? It's not even that cheap at Aldi. I love salmon, wish it was more affordable, even though I buy it anyway. So good for you.

Mr Kool and I used to fish off northern Vanc Isl and catch sockeye salmon, in the States you call them King, bright red meat.  Fresh out of the ocean onto the BBQ baste with clarified butter, salt and pepper.  Melt in your mouth awesomeness!

bad food smells, remember in elementary school when some kid opened their lunch box and had egg salad sandwiches?  :shifty:

2 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Mr Kool and I used to fish off northern Vanc Isl and catch sockeye salmon, in the States you call them King, bright red meat.  Fresh out of the ocean onto the BBQ baste with clarified butter, salt and pepper.  Melt in your mouth awesomeness!

Kings are Kings (I think Chinook is the word?), but sockeyes are called reds in Alaska. We used to get these monster kings (like 20-30 lbs), but those days are long gone. Thanks to overfishing and climate change.  We also have silvers, chums, and humpies/pinks. I think they usually sell chum and pinks to dog food companies. Kings have the highest amount of fat, but cost the most and are hardest to find these days. 

Since moving here, I've turned into a fish snob. While on vacation a few years ago (I don't know where, probably somewhere in the middle) I found myself questioning a server about where the fish came from, ala that scene from Portlandia. After realizing the sheer absurdity of my questions, i apologized, and now I generally don't even consider the fish on the menu unless it specifies "wild caught" or "pacific." Atlantic Salmon is all farm raised and has a different texture.   

50 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think they usually sell chum and pinks to dog food companies.

They definitly sell chum in the human section at my grocery store. It’s usually the cheapest kind. :)

Chums and pinks should not go for dog food, they’re good to eat.  If people don’t want them leave them in the ocean for the starving killer whales and other creatures currently going hungry because of human’s greedy ways.

Just now, Iamtheway said:

They definitly sell chum in the human section at my grocery store. It’s usually the cheapest kind. :)

I guess it depends on what the commercial fisherpeople can get for it? I don't know. I do know that dogs love Yummy Chummies! 

2 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Chums and pinks should not go for dog food, they’re good to eat.  If people don’t want them leave them in the ocean for the starving killer whales and other creatures currently going hungry because of human’s greedy ways.

Pets need food too. 

Pets can eat whatever is leftover, which they do.  I love animals and used to cook whole chicken for my allergic dog.  But honestly our salmon are in trouble, there are whole runs of salmon not showing up to spawn.  Our fisheries are quickly becoming unsustainable.  

5 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Pets can eat whatever is leftover, which they do.  I love animals and used to cook whole chicken for my allergic dog.  But honestly our salmon are in trouble, there are whole runs of salmon not showing up to spawn.  Our fisheries are quickly becoming unsustainable.  

Certain types of salmon are in trouble, yes. Chums and Pinks are not in trouble in Alaska. 

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have a one-person desktop CrockPot on my desk right now, gently heating my black bean soup for lunch. Zero smell (it has a sealed lid). Best thing ever!

https://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-SCCPLC200-BK-SHP-20-Ounce-Lunch-Warmer/dp/B00CEILWI0 

How have I never known this existed?!?!? I just added it to my cart! This is an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!

*sobs* the microwave at work is broken...

In our staff room there is a toaster oven for fish and pizza.

Teachers learn not to make popcorn during school hours unless you want 600 adolescents following you...

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

The phrase "human section at my grocery store" made me laugh. Maybe I just have a dark mind. 

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

[snip] I generally don't even consider the fish on the menu unless it specifies "wild caught" or "pacific." Atlantic Salmon is all farm raised and has a different texture.   

Farmed salmon of any origin is terrible both environmentally- and texture- wise.  

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Have you tried the dark chocolate Reese's PB cups??

Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are hands down food of the Gods.  Rufus Bless

36 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

How have I never known this existed?!?!? I just added it to my cart! This is an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!

I just found out a month ago when someone in my Beachbody FB group shared his lunch photo. I think every single one of us ordered that crockpot! lol

26 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are hands down food of the Gods.  Rufus Bless

Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are AMAZING. They beat Reese's out of the water - though I don't really like Reese's. The peanut butter tastes way to sweet and fake. I'm a weirdo who likes peanut better far more than chocolate AND I want my peanut butter to be made with just peanuts. No added crap!

10 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are AMAZING. They beat Reese's out of the water - though I don't really like Reese's. The peanut butter tastes way to sweet and fake. I'm a weirdo who likes peanut better far more than chocolate AND I want my peanut butter to be made with just peanuts. No added crap!

Unfortunately, I live nowhere near a Trader Joes. I actually don't like peanut butter at all, so sweet and fake is good with me. It's all about the chocolate.

12 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

Natural peanut butter on a spoon makes a very good snack all by its self.

5 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

bad food smells, remember in elementary school when some kid opened their lunch box and had egg salad sandwiches?  :shifty:

I was that kid. I liked them and didn't care if other kids liked me or if I had friends at school.

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I was going to recommend these! My favorite snack.

31 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I was that kid. I liked them and didn't care if other kids liked me or if I had 

I should have stipulated I was sometimes that kid too.  I still like them but something about being locked up in a tin lunch box for 4 hours made them smell a bit.    :happy:

Peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks. I eat it like a pint of ice cream, right from the jar :)

Workplace microwave - had a coworker burn popcorn to where the smoke dector went off (it was in our little kitchen). Security system was alerted and couple minutes later the fire department was there. After that anytime the alar, went off the first thing peole would ask is if X had burnt more popcorn. Poor guy never lived that one down.

I spent the last few years of that job at the front desk...between the smells coming from the microwave around one corner and the bathroom on the other side it was not a pleasant spot to sit. CEO legit should see a doctor. Or at least have a private bathroom put into his office. He also never washed his hands. Yep I was close enough to hear everything from that bathroom as well. :puke-front:

The smell of fish doesn't bother me nearly as much as the smell Chinese food. It literally makes me sick. There has to be a spice or something I'm sensitive to. I know the MSG gives me migraines. I'm sure the food is great, and I really wish it didn't make me sick. I would probably enjoy it.

7 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks. I eat it like a pint of ice cream, right from the jar :)

Workplace microwave - had a coworker burn popcorn to where the smoke dector went off (it was in our little kitchen). Security system was alerted and couple minutes later the fire department was there. After that anytime the alar, went off the first thing peole would ask is if X had burnt more popcorn. Poor guy never lived that one down.

I spent the last few years of that job at the front desk...between the smells coming from the microwave around one corner and the bathroom on the other side it was not a pleasant spot to sit. CEO legit should see a doctor. Or at least have a private bathroom put into his office. He also never washed his hands. Yep I was close enough to hear everything from that bathroom as well. :puke-front:

I really wish I hadn’t read this while eating lunch. :puke-left:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived