IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

7 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

This. We're humans, not robots.

Speak for yourself.  I'd rebut this in more detail but I'm currently being reprogrammed.  :) 

7 hours ago, InAllFairness said:

They think anybody who believes in a God or goes to a church Or is associated with organized religion of any kind is brainwashed and a cult follower.

We do?  Glad someone told me.

You'd think tptb would have considered that before giving brightly colored mod names to some who happen to be Christian...kinda of dumb of them working against their whole anti-God agenda and all.

Sincerely yours, 

the token lapsed but still Catholic

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nice deflection. 

Now about that divorce...

Marry me!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Hannah posted them publicly on FB, then it is allowed. 

ITT I am learning that if you can't love Jesus and simultaneously understand the concept of a public FB page.

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You'd think tptb would have considered that before giving brightly colored mod names to some who happen to be Christian...kinda of dumb of them working against their whole anti-God agenda and all.

Sincerely yours, 

the token lapsed but still Catholic

I fucking love you so much B. ❤️

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Somebody reserve one of those gigantic commercial carpet cleaning machines stat.

Someone suggested taking out the subfloor, and I am in agreement.

We might just have to remodel the entire place.  Who has a match and a flame thrower?

6 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

Does God require me to be near blonde highlights and country music for the holiness to "take," or what? Why would the truth only be available there, in a Tennessee accent? 

If he does you should go see Dolly Parton.  If she's a cult she's a cult of awesome.

(I don't even like that music, but I loooove her gifting millions of books to kids and the way she gives back.  And she has a sense of humor about her wigs.)

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The royal “we” is creeping me out. It sounds incredibly cultish. 

I use it.  Just this evening I told my pupper, "No, no, no...we don't eat yucky tissue from the bathroom trash, do we?"

Fwiw he thinks we do.

6 hours ago, InAllFairness said:

If the church could anticipate every crazy claim people we’re going to make we might attempt to preempt it all by putting every position we have about everything on our website.

We write detailed books.  People may not agree with what we believe, but it's out there in black and white.

Sincerely, 

The vast majority of Protestant sects and the Catholics of all flavors

3 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

Is it not against the TOU to speak on behalf of FJ?  Apologizing for everyone here would seem to meet that criteria.

"My most sincere apologies to you if what was said about your son was false." is still apologizing on behalf of other people.  "I apologize if anything I said was false." Is apologizing on behalf of yourself.See the difference?

Yes, I get it, and the person offered to edit and then was corrected pretty sharply that editing is not allowed. So, they have you telling them off for saying it, and other people telling them off for trying to take it back. Sheesh.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

More words won't get you to heaven Gwen. 

OMG don’t tell Jeremy Voulo! :digging-grave:

Woah! I'm only waking up over here in Europe. Missed the drama. Could someone tell me if the children's clothes have been addressed? The Lord Fauntleroy outfits and curls etc I'm fascinated by it. 

Geez you go to work for one day and the Collective transport in, fluster a lot and are kicked out the airlock. And I still don't really get any of RF's beliefs past "hunger good, fat bad, Gwen infallible, Gwen's hair indestructible."

Way to foster a better understanding there Collective! At least tell me if the sashes are based on European royalty, and if so which one(s)!

2 hours ago, cara said:

Woah! I'm only waking up over here in Europe. Missed the drama. Could someone tell me if the children's clothes have been addressed? The Lord Fauntleroy outfits and curls etc I'm fascinated by it. 

I attended for quite a while and could never figure out the children’s outfits. I never was a fan because they were strange to me. I think Gwen thought it was what “looked the best for God!” And everyone else followed suit. 

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Geez you go to work for one day and the Collective transport in, fluster a lot and are kicked out the airlock. And I still don't really get any of RF's beliefs past "hunger good, fat bad, Gwen infallible, Gwen's hair indestructible."

Way to foster a better understanding there Collective! At least tell me if the sashes are based on European royalty, and if so which one(s)!

If I remember correctly the sashes arena call back to a scripture talking about being a royal preisthood of believers, so I’m not sure if it was based on any specific royalty or the general concept

In reading through the ramblings on their website it seems that they like to use a lot of terms about royalty. Gwen is for sure a Queen Bee. 

I just noticed that @InAllFairness weren't banned after all. They were ever so appropriately shunned:56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

It's a pity that they never really answered @Florita's question about remarriage being the same as adultery. I really wanted to hear what they had to say about that. Oh well... 

Pretty sure she gave herself a giant loophole to get out of marriage. 

Jewish law requires a husband to be mature and control himself physically, and it forbids any attractions outside the marriage. For the wife or the husband not to satisfy the spouse's emotional needs was grounds for divorce in Jewish law.[8] The husband puts God and His Church first, and he demonstrates all the Fruits of the Spirit.[9] 

If any party is in breach of their Covenant or their Vows of Responsibility and refuses to repent and fulfill their vows, then there are grounds for divorce.

So by definition of a husband and wife, it was forbidden to be lazy, indulgent, 

There are those rare times that you are divorced and then remarried - not because you do not value marriage but because you DO value purity in God's marriage vows...to set an example that you DO value His Holy Covenant...you DO believe in commitment and building strong families. But most of all, you DO believe in building Zion, you DObelieve in building the New Jerusalem, you DO believe in building the City of Peace. Just as there is no judgment and only empathy/sympathy toward God for His own marriage problems and His divorce, and just as there is respect, joy and elation for His beautiful selection of a pure Bride for His second marriage, there should be no judgment toward Saints as they strive to help build a pure Church.

I'm guessing she will say he wasn't controlling himself physically because he didn't wait for the growl to eat, that he didn't emotionally satisfy her needs and that he didn't demonstrate every single fruit of the spirit. He refused to "repent" and follow Gwen's ways therefore she can divorce him and get remarried and nobody should judge her. 

If she does use Jewish law as a justification, then she should also realize that a civil divorce is not recognized by Jewish law. In other words, she's officially still married to Joe and has therefore committed bigamy by marrying again. 

[...] Jewish divorce must precede remarriage. This is an absolute requirement of Torah law. A civil divorce is not recognized by traditional Jewish courts. [...]

9 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If he does you should go see Dolly Parton.  If she's a cult she's a cult of awesome.

(I don't even like that music, but I loooove her gifting millions of books to kids and the way she gives back.  And she has a sense of humor about her wigs.)

I adore Dolly Parton!  If she's the voice of God, my favorite of God's sayings is: "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." 

Which, especially given this thread, fills me with glee. 

24 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

If she does use Jewish law as a justification, then she should also realize that a civil divorce is not recognized by Jewish law. In other words, she's officially still married to Joe and has therefore committed bigamy by marrying again. 

Well, she's NOT Jewish and seems to be more than willing to pick and choose which old testament laws/customs she follows based on how it suits her.   

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

More words won't get you to heaven Gwen. 

THAT'S what under the stacked bump-its!  All those words! :teasing-blah:

Judging from this video RF wouldn't be open to having me as a member since I'm vegan. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Judging from this video RF wouldn't be open to having me as a member since I'm vegan. 

Hide contents

I can recall being told by Gwen herself at one point when I was in that veganism is considered an alternate form of a diet and is not accepted within RF unless the individual has strict medical reasons. Even then, some members and leaders still had their “opinions” about vegans. I remember veganism was (ironically) touted as “man’s control” over something god had “naturally designed”. 

A former member of RF reached out to me recently and shared their story with me. In this story this individual mention that he/she was criticized by several RF members for being vegan. 

Becoming vegan was not by choice; This person’s quality of life and literal survival depended on it. This was the case due to two unfortunate diseases that severely restricted their diet to only vegetables and some fruits. Meats were essentially off the table.

If anyone is wondering, this individual is doing VERY well. Their diet is working well! This individual is healthier, happier and is looking forward to living with a new sense of purpose and resolve!

I do want to point out that you don't have to spend a small fortune on organic food and go hungry to be vegan like it is implied in the video. I'm also amused that Gwen criticizes the vegan lifestyle because people sell books and products to make money. Isn't that exactly what she does? she doesn't give out her advice for losing weight for free! 

Can't comment on any of the religious points, but re the food/weight issues:

The concept of distinguishing actual bodily hunger from habit eating or emotional eating or comfort eating is a good one.  "Waiting for the growl" is certainly one way to do that.  But it's not the only way, and doesn't work for everyone, as @formergothardite has already described.

For me, eating when the clock says it's time, does work.  If I wait for the growl and subsequently eat later than usual, that will throw off the rest of my day's plans, not to mention often trigger reflux in the evening, unless I simply stay up later when I've eaten dinner later, which would create a whole cascade of other problems for me.  Besides, if I don't have my meal at hand when I get hungry, I will end up eating fast-foodish junk instead of something healthy.  Does that mean I just abandon my goal to eat healthier and lose weight?  No, but my approach is about reducing portions of the less healthy foods rather than changing timing.

That brings me to another question I had when someone linked to a meal diary for someone at RF:  why is it all junk food?   Why lick potato chips and restrict yourself to one ounce of soda and three bites of BBQ, when you could have a giant salad, wonderful squash or veggies in soups or roasted, and all the lemon sparkling water you want? (or a million other healthy examples)

Personal note:  my fast/comfort food for much of the year is pasta.  Even though I'm eating fewer carbs these days (I don't even have bread or tortilla chips at home anymore, only when part of a restaurant meal), I knew that trying to stop eating pasta at home would fail unless I found a substitute fast/comfort food to replace it for those evenings I hadn't planned anything but needed to eat NOW.  So I add a triple or quadruple serving of veggies (usually broccoli, chard or kale, which I just toss in the boiling water with the pasta, food-heathen that I am :my_tongue:), and make sure I'm using only a small servings worth of pasta.  Then I still add my chopped garlic, preferred sauce, and parmesan cheese on top.  Result: a satsfying meal that tastes great, calories are limited by the small amount of pasta (plus cheese and sauce), but volume can be substantial, because it's mostly veggies that I happen to really like!

tl;dr -- awareness of facts is good, but different styles of implementation work for different people, so oppressive rules aren't helpful.

47 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

That brings me to another question I had when someone linked to a meal diary for someone at RF:  why is it all junk food?   Why lick potato chips and restrict yourself to one ounce of soda and three bites of BBQ, when you could have a giant salad, wonderful squash or veggies in soups or roasted, and all the lemon sparkling water you want? (or a million other healthy examples)

lol Well, the cult IS based in Tennessee and judging solely on what I see my extended family consume regularly I have a feeling I know why. :)

1 hour ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Their diet is working well! This individual is healthier, happier and is looking forward to living with a new sense of purpose and resolve!

I started looking into veganism for health reasons and it really did make me feel a lot better. I realize it isn't for everyone. I now am vegan for health and for the animals, but I'm not going to follow people around trying to make them watch Food Inc.! 

Dear RF folks reading here, you might be in a cult when the leader will not allow you to choose your eating lifestyle yourself. 

I did give the side eye to that couple she interviewed because when they were fighting over spending money on organic vegan food their first thought was that they needed to go on Dr. Phil. 

19 hours ago, InAllFairness said:

SJWaterford, Your hatred for the Remnant is well documented. So is your position that you intend to take it down at all cost. I want to point out that The only advice you are getting about how not to destroy your future relationship with your daughter is coming from those of us in the Remnant. We are convinced that nothing we say will cause you to look favorably upon us. Our only hope for you and your family is that you will choose a relationship  with your daughter over your desire to attack her, her church and her belief system. There’s a good chance she will end up getting married and having children someday. You do not want to choose to miss out on those things.  Parents all across the world have to deal with children who made life decisions they did not agree with. In order to maintain a relationship they simply agree to disagree and enjoy all of those other activities that you posted about that your family enjoyed in the past.  We sincerely hope that you choose your daughter and your relationship with her over your Desire to feed your hatred of Remnant.

I wanted to ask them yesterday (but ran out of time) where in the Bible are parents told to honor their children's wishes? I can find "Honor your father and mother" repeatedly in the OT and NT.  I cannot find where coaching a child (@SJWaterford's daughter was a MINOR when this started) to lie to her parents is ever considered godly. It would only be godly to a cult that doesn't know God.

Also, there is this from the Gospel of Matthew:

If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived