IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

4 hours ago, InAllFairness said:

You do realize that you are far outnumbered and this is primarily a non-believing group of people.

Obviously you haven't read this forum.

Many Christians here, as well as atheists, Jews, Buddists, etc, etc, etc. We come together to discuss how facets of some denominations and cults can do, and have done harm those who.belong. We hold each other up. We encourage each other. We may disagree, but we respect each other's opinions. We laugh and cry and share stories ... and sometimes recipes.

We are not a cult. We don't shame/ shun each other for believing differently.  We don't tell each other 'Oh you are different/ believe differently than me, so you're in Sin and going to Hell.'  We don't pretend that mental and emotional problems, addictions, divorce, child/spousal abuse, LGBTQ people  don't exist. We don't pretend that life is always rosy, calm, peaceful and serene if you just die to self and follow the herd.

You flounce in here and presume to tell us who we are, what we think, what we believe, and who we should listen to,  which is you and you fellow RFer who wrote a wall o' text. 

You don't know us. You don't  know what we think.  You don't know what we believe. And you damn sure have no right to tell us who we should listen to.

Your RF tactics and manipulations won't work here.  Scram.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Hey, I'm known as the Borg Queen my Mr. Briefly and just about everybody else that knows me in real life.  Don't insult my Borg!  :)  

I was surprised yet also not surprised at how low they went in some of their responses.    They obviously think that they are so smart and everybody else is not, that we will believe them just because they said it, etc.  When they failed at convincing us how wrong we are, they left.  Not a coincidence.  I'm sure that they will be back again, groups/people like that do not like to be shown to be wrong.  They have to come out on top.

Sorry, but the Borg always freaked me the fuck out. You have to admit though that the collective thing they were doing was Borg-ish.

Also, they didn't leave. They were banned for continuing to share 1 account among multiple users, even after being told to stop.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Then it stops. One person per account. Period.

1 hour ago, InAllFairness said:

We are Going to jump off after this last response.

Again we are only posting 

We have 

But we do not speak for the general membership. 

Therefore we are not worried 

we’re not even making any of these posts for your benefit  

we would presume.   

What we are certain of  

do what we do  

Our church  

Just let your life out Shine ours

Dude. Comprehension fail. 

Nothing says I'm definitely not racist like randomly bringing up race out of nowhere. 

Isn’t it interesting that the RF spokesperson went on and on about how many marriages were made stronger and were just fine with one spouse a RF member and one spouse not?

Yet their own LEADER can’t even make a marriage like that work. 

Seriously - short and sweet along with to the point.   I don’t have the patience to weed through the dribble to get to the point of what your are saying.

PS - The Tarzan-Gwen timeline set forth by RF is laughable at best.  Gwen did not enter the Jungle in June.  She has been swinging from tree to tree for more than 90 days before she got married.  

I just can't even with these people.
WTF is up with saying of course he (ahem, THEY) can't cite things in writing because what church has that stuff up in writing?
And then me going to their website, and OH LOOK, THEY HAVE IT IN WRITING.

I mean, they take 8000 words of doublespeak to do it (full disclosure, I put it in a word counter.  Just shy of 4000.  so as not to exaggerate), but they DO have in writing the role of women:
http://www.remnantfellowship.org/About-Our-Church/What-We-Believe/The-Christian-Wife

They could have just SAID that.  In a few thousand less words.

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

@SilverBeach I’ll leave you to it. 

Wow, I've been busy working today and am just getting caught up with the massive carpet shitting that has taken place. Somebody reserve one of those gigantic commercial carpet cleaning machines stat.

I'm aware that those child murdering Smiths are black. Doesn't matter a damn bit. Gwen Shamblin is reprehensible for supporting them. Cults have always gone after marginalized people,  there were hundreds of black people, including children, among the Jonestown victims. Shame on that RF apologist asshole for bringing race into this, like we blacks need a great white savior. There was nothing false about the accusations against the Smiths, who  were convicted in a court of law and are doing the prison time that they richly deserve, motherfluckers. Not all of us blacks are susceptible to cult influence. The apologists are really grasping as straws here.

From that link. 

Just take a visit to your local courthouse and see the line of couples divorcing, with no remorse or conscience, for they know not that the Scripture declares: “I hate divorce,” says the Lord God of Israel…So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith. Malachi 2:16. Over the years, I have seen people leave their spouse, but they only find themselves in another difficult marriage later. God is setting up this test all over again for them to learn what is in Proverbs 31, but the number one lesson is to commit before it is too late.

Did Gwen not read her own teachings? Or do they not apply to her? 

And as for her teachings on women equality.

thinking that he is supposed to be centered on her, rather than the other way around. Now, there are times that the husband calls the wife to be the breadwinner; but he has made that decision, and therefore, she is still in under his authority. 

Do you want a great home and a great life? Slow down and rarely speak unless it is noble.

So despite having a woman leader they still give automatic power to the penis and teach sexism.  

As for mental health. 

therefore this implies that there can be no moodiness. Self-focus and depression are prohibited

That goal is time consuming, so there will be no time for depression. 

Bring food to your spouse, give foot rubs or back rubs, bring laughter, bring good news, bring light. Bring Christ and God to each and every soul in your home and each and every room of your house, each and every hour. The wife is there for the good of the spouse, for the good of the children, for the good of the unit. She who helps the husband helps herself.

That is not how to solve issues with depression. 

So anyone who finds this thread while seeking info on Gwen, the above might be why they were so shy about giving answers. They teach sexism and they teach awful things about depression. And Gwen didn't appear to follow her own teachings on marriage and divorce.  

@Red Hair, Black Dress shit stirrers always do this. It’s always the same damn insults! “You’re all basement-dwelling children-hating atheist lesbians who have too much time on their hands!!” 

There are plenty of believers here. It’s the age-old issue of “only people who believe exactly what I do are real Christians”. Which is horseshit.

23 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Obviously I’m not @DaisyD but I thought I’d jump in here to say that we don’t edit content just because you find that  someone didn’t like it. To edit out that section of your post would cause several of the replies to no longer make sense.

If you’ve changed your mind just say so. 

Is it not against the TOU to speak on behalf of FJ?  Apologizing for everyone here would seem to meet that criteria.

15 hours ago, Petronella said:

This person did apologise in a new post, then were criticised for (I think) that post too, but it could also be read that they were being criticised *again* for the original post, so they’re trying to do right according to the pushback they’ve been getting. I don’t think they warrant snark in this instance.

"My most sincere apologies to you if what was said about your son was false." is still apologizing on behalf of other people.  "I apologize if anything I said was false." Is apologizing on behalf of yourself.See the difference?

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

From that link. 

Did Gwen not read her own teachings? Or do they not apply to her? 

And as for her teachings on women equality.

So despite having a woman leader they still give automatic power to the penis and teach sexism.  

As for mental health. 

That is not how to solve issues with depression. 

So anyone who finds this thread while seeking info on Gwen, the above might be why they were so shy about giving answers. They teach sexism and they teach awful things about depression. And Gwen didn't appear to follow her own teachings on marriage and divorce.  

So much for us making stuff up about what they believe, no? It sounds like, shockingly, they are sexist, and they don't believe in mental illness.

Protip to whoever they send next: don't argue that you don't believe X when your website says it.

Further protip: Fewer words. I read the page on the trinity doctrine and I'm still not sure what the heck y'all believe about it.

4 hours ago, InAllFairness said:

Notice how he contradicted RF survivor one by saying they were shunned when she said she never claimed that they were shunned. That could be our mistake

To clarify, yes it was InAllFairness a mistake that you made.

@RFsurvivor stated that she didn’t receive any shunning. You are right in this, she did not state this at all. However, this does not mean she didn’t receive it. Several months before and after we announced our departure from the church the major bout of shunning occurred, I received the brunt of it. Said shunning included me being told by members, leaders and family that a “failure” and that “failure to be a godly husband” and “leading my family down a path of evil” and that I was “a terrible person making a terrible decision”, so on and so fourth. 

@RFsurvivorreceived a fair bit of shunning at the same time when they were trying to bring me down. I found it very cowardly that they expressed these feelings about her to me instead of saying it to her face. They told me that @RFsurvivor was “too smart for her own good” and that “her intelligence is not hers but god’s” and that “she should be smart enough not to follow you (me)”. So on and so fourth. These are convos and thoughts that I kept hidden in my mind because I never wanted to re-visit them.

I hope that clarifies some things.

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Fewer words. I read the page on the trinity doctrine and I'm still not sure what the heck y'all believe about it.

More words won't get you to heaven Gwen. 

“Prohibiting” depression reminds me of the episode of The Office where Michael “declares” bankruptcy by yelling.  

5 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I mean she keeps writing books, so maybe she believes it will help 

?

http://store.weighdown.com/BOOKS-DEVOTIONALS-C258.aspx

Well would you look at that, every single review for every single book on that site is 5 stars. No one has ever been anything less than completely 100% blessed by Gwen’s writing. This is not cultish at all. 

Teachings for the husband. 

At home, they spend time troubleshooting anything that blocks attendance at Church so that the whole family is in place sitting in the Sanctuary and ready to worship God. Attending the assembly is the focus of the whole week, and everything that happens throughout the week is directed toward that goal. 

So the whole goal of the husband is to make sure everyone focuses on a weekly church service? That doesn't sound cult like at all. 

These men encourage the wife and have respect for her intellect and her gifts - always including the wife's gifts in managing the household. This union is not a dictatorship; this is a partnership

.Not an equal partnership since the men get to be in charge...

Your family will know this because you will never help your wife or child go all the way to true self-denial and putting God first. You might correct them initially, but you do not follow up on it; or you overlook it and you let it go. 

Oh yeah! A man getting to train his wife on self denial! That for sure doesn't sound like teachings from a sexist cult. 

No one in this world is going to back you or support you on the idea of upholding authority, but the True Church will support Godly authority.

This is correct. Many of us out here in the world are not supporting the patriarchy and oppression of women by making men automatic authority over their wives. 

Men can ask advice of their wives, but they should never forget they are in charge. 

If you do not know as much about an issue and your wife knows more, find out what she has learned, but your position is the one who implements it in the family. You are the driving force for your family

Look at it like this RF people, we are helping people find the truth about your church by cutting out some of the excess words and providing direct quotes that give a clear picture on your teachings! 

Bless all of you "truth seekers" willing to wade through that site for the reality of this cult. Y'all are my heroes.

Well, well. This little thread sure has gotten some attention. Can't wait to see who our next guest speaker is -- maybe Gwarzan Almighty, Herself?

Since no one from RF will address it, I will answer the question of what is under Gwen's hair. First of all -- spoiler alert -- it isn't really her hair. It's a Dollar Tree wig. Now, what is under it? Well, there are two main schools of thought. The first is that there is a family of squirrels living there. The second is that it is where she keeps her fat stacks of cash for when she has to flee the country.  I personally believe it's the first option. The squirrels have been feeding on her brain for years. They wait for the growl though, so that's why she still has enough brain function to animate her body.

Happy to be of service.

Just now, DaisyD said:

So then, whats in the purses?

Sheesh! Do I have to do everything around here? I dunno. Maybe she puts her weed in it. Or licked potato chips.

And before anyone asks the oracle about the sashes, I'll tell you. They're meant to keep the spine and ribs from collapsing. It holds them in place, see? 

Wow. I am actually even more convinced that RF is a cult.

As an aside to the earlier Pepe conversation, I listen to the podcast Reply All (a podcast about the internet). They have a summary here of how the ugly frog started being used - https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/77-the-grand-tapestry-of-pepe - and this is a more indepth episode about it from the artist who did not intend it to be used as a hate symbol - https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/81-in-the-tall-grass

Transcripts are on the linked sites if you'd rather read.

@SuperNova could be. Gwennie is a ticking time bomb after all.

True story: first time I saw a pic of Gwenalmighty, I thought immediately of Debbie Harry in Hairspray.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived