IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

59 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I do want to point out that you don't have to spend a small fortune on organic food and go hungry to be vegan like it is implied in the video.

As a fellow vegan I can attest to that. You can make such healthy and delicious meals with simple, inexpensive ingredients. Cakes and tarts and cupcakes? All relatively easy to make since I found out about aquafaba, and just as yummy. And you know what? Since I became vegan about a year and a half ago, I've lost 10 kg in weight, without doing anything for it other than cutting out dairy from my diet (I was a vegetarian for 8 years before that). If weight loss is a godly thing... well.

Also, my body is weird. My stomach does not growl when it's empty. It growls after I've eaten. Now what, Gwen?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

All relatively easy to make since I found out about aquafaba,

I have not ever tried. Does it really work well? I was once traumatized by black bean brownies that tasted like beans so I'm always a bit worried about using anything connected to beans in something sweet. 

5 minutes ago, Florita said:

I cannot find where coaching a child (@SJWaterford's daughter was a MINOR when this started) to lie to her parents is ever considered godly. It would only be godly to a cult that doesn't know God.

this is a very good point. And again, people who want to learn about RF and current members, you are probably in  a cult if they encourage minors to rebel and lie to their parents so they can stay involved in a church. You also might be in a cult if the church wants you to choose the organization over family. 

8 minutes ago, Florita said:

where in the Bible are parents told to honor their children's wishes?

I wish more people would look beyond "honor mother and father" in the bible, honestly. Not sure if it fits this situation but Ephesians 6:4 says "And parents, do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and teaching of our Lord." Those first nine words do not get quoted enough in churches. 

Just now, formergothardite said:

I have not ever tried. Does it really work well? I was once traumatized by black bean brownies that tasted like beans so I'm always a bit worried about using anything connected to beans in something sweet. 

I use aquafaba from canned chickpeas or butterbeans. It smells a little like beans when you start to whip it, but once you add sugar (or maple syrup) any bean flavor disappears completely. If you whip it long enough, it turns into a merengue consistency, which I like to use as a substitute for whipped cream.

Were your black bean brownies made from the beans themselves? Maybe that would explain the taste?

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Were your black bean brownies made from the beans themselves? Maybe that would explain the taste?

Someone gave them to me so I don't know how they were made just that they were awful. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I had chickpeas for lunch and poured out the liquid. Next time I'll try and see how it goes! Somehow I get the impression that this isn't something Gwen would approve of! 

4 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Well, she's NOT Jewish and seems to be more than willing to pick and choose which old testament laws/customs she follows based on how it suits her.   

This did not work with my mother.  I was raised in a predominately Jewish neighborhood and in early grade school several times I told her I was converting so I could no longer eat pork....which by coincidence, I happened to hate.

She explained bacon was also pork and that it also meant no more shrimp or lobster so I tried hard to convince her God wanted me to still have those which, by coincidence, happened to be some of my favorite foods.

My mom would have made a terrible cult leader.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Judging from this video RF wouldn't be open to having me as a member since I'm vegan. 

Holy mackerel! Gwen looks like a fucking zombie. How can anyone see her and think she's healthy? And then there's her voice...the very stuff of nightmares.

Gwen is not a picture of health at all. Her voice is terrible. I didn't make it through that whole video because it is just too much. 

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen is not a picture of health at all. Her voice is terrible. I didn't make it through that whole video because it is just too much. 

It’s weird because part of her sell is for people to get healthier. Yet she and her daughter often do things to make them look less healthy (like their pale makeup). I’m surprised they can’t see it when they look in the mirror.

Still trying to wade through the explanations on what they believe. This jumped out at me. 

permeate this Church, where there is no gossip or backbiting,

You keep telling yourself that Gwen! Trust me, there are groups of people talking about your hair, clothing, divorce and quick remarriage. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Still trying to wade through the explanations on what they believe. This jumped out at me. 

You keep telling yourself that Gwen! Trust me, there are groups of people talking about your hair, clothing, divorce and quick remarriage. 

No kidding. I've never been to a church ever that didn't have those things. Heck, I've never been involved in a group of PEOPLE that didn't have those things, religion notwithstanding. Human nature is human nature, with or without weird dieting for Jesus. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

divorce and quick remarriage. 

And way more then the general population would.

My only problem with this is her hypocrisy.  I don't sit in judgement of this kind of thing since no one knows what's going on in people's relationships but themselves.  If the people involved are okay with it (i.e. both parties acknowledging a marriage is over before the final decree) why would I care how other people live their lives.

Unless they sit in judgement of other people...then they willingly hopped right under the microscope and all bet are off.

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Heck, I've never been involved in a group of PEOPLE that didn't have those things

What are you saying, that I need to do my hair before signing onto FJ?  It's clean with a fresh scrunchy...what more do you people want?  :)

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Judging from this video RF wouldn't be open to having me as a member since I'm vegan. 

Reveal hidden contents

Gwen isn't going to advocate anything healthy. Her ministry is predicated on American obesity.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet she and her daughter often do things to make them look less healthy (like their pale makeup).

Idk much about these people, but as someone who has struggled with finding the right shade of foundation for very fair skin it can be tough.  If you go even a shade too dark it looks like bad bronzer and it's impossible to blend invisibly so if you can't match going slightly lighter is the better solution.

I also photograph more pale than I felt I looked irl even without makeup so....not gonna snark on that.

Don't have to though....they gave us that hair and sashes.  Sashes are ridiculous and this is coming from a woman who owns 15 tiaras.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk much about these people, but as someone who has struggled with finding the right shade of foundation for very fair skin it can be tough.  If you go even a shade too dark it looks like bad bronzer and it's impossible to blend invisibly so if you can't match going slightly lighter is the better solution.

Surely Gwen has the money to get top-of-the-line cosmetics along with a professional to put them on her. Ditto with the hair, though she may be fighting some Big Hair genes -- it's a sizeable subgroup of American women.

I can only assume that she WANTS to look that awful and the people around her are too chickenshit to tell her so.

At first it was noticeable, and then it became remarkable, and finally, over time it became increasingly amazing—defying statistics in every category. While the global economics and prospects for the future generations were diminishing, we were seeing the reverse. Our children are staying close to home, graduating earlier, excelling in the workplace, marrying earlier, buying homes earlier. They have less debt, more income, superior health, and a higher standard of living. This next generation’s days look nothing like the days when I was their age, as they are making more friends at an early age and are keeping them for life—God-fearing friends around the globe.

Many of our youth are featured in concerts, plays and other community performances; they are employed quickly and promoted rapidly. They choose to stay close to family with a huge community-like support network. Rather than getting smaller, the families are becoming larger and larger, and their children are not leaving. The unity, joy, peace, hope and love is priceless!

This made  me laugh because Gothard pretty much claimed this word for word except he said the children grew up to have shining eyes that cause people to want to hire them. People would just walk up to ATI students and beg them to come work at the company! 

Anyway, we can see how that worked out....

5 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Surely Gwen has the money to get top-of-the-line cosmetics along with a professional to put them on her.

It's quite rude for you to assume I'm not a multi-millionaire with a staff of cosmetologists living in the servant's quarters of my opulent manor home waiting to tend to me while I lick the salt off chips?

You don't know my life!  :) 

8 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

At first it was noticeable, and then it became remarkable, and finally, over time it became increasingly amazing

I swear to God I thought this was going to be about her hair from the start of that sentence.

And then we move into the really offensive area. 

We are watching trends being dramatically reversed with a depression-free, drug-dependent-free Church, with virtually no children with diagnoses such as Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, anxiety or depression.

Or do the families just not have the option to be open about their health issues? I'm leaning towards this being closer to the truth. 

Then we get to the creepy love bombing part. 

The emphasis would first be on the newly born again infant Saint’s spiritual and physical needs. The other benefit in this obvious, appropriate, normal evangelistic balance was that the member-to-new-member ratio was so high that a new, infant Saint could be surrounded by healthy, loving, mature Saints.

From what I can tell they only offer help to members. It doesn't seem like they are out feeding the hungry or helping the homeless. Gwen could downsize her house and help fill tons of hungry bellies! 

The scary white foundation is relatively new for both Gwen and her daughter, so I'm assuming that she is going for that look. 

49 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I also photograph more pale than I felt I looked irl even without makeup so....not gonna snark on that.

I take it all back.  The only pics I'd seen were a couple posted here but Google enlightened me.  She's not trying to blend in with her neck/decolletage, she's washing out in stark contrast to it.

I thought it was like the difference between choosing "ivory" and "light ivory" or some such...I didn't know she was buying foundation from the KISS Army.

Mea culpea.

I've said before that somehow Gwen missed the first Rule of Goth - if you're going to wear pale foundation, blend it down! She got the big hair bit too. I don't know how she is on rule 2: boots first, then corset. 

6 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

ghost-papa-emeritus-1-2-3-4.jpg&c=sc&w=8

“I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string” ? 

(lowkey recent Ghost fan here).

29 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

“I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string” ? 

(lowkey recent Ghost fan here).

Taking my 3 kids to see Ghost for their first indoor concert in December. We did Heavy Montreal in 2016. Booked the tickets when we heard Ghost were playing but they had to drop out so the kids missed them. Mr Wrangler and I saw Ghost at MTelus just before he died.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived