IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

I am so incredibly thankful and grateful my husband fell in love with me. Just me... not a list that needed to be checked off.

My husband was who brought me back to God.

I'm a lousy cook (he enjoys cooking)  

I have a great sense of humor, but a resting bitch face so it can be hard to tell sometimes.  

I have no problem being a woman, unless I need to open a jar, only than would I like the brute strength of being a man.      

My husband is the leader in our home but I pay the bills and deal with the everyday decisions. He treats me as his equal when it comes to decisions that impact all of us (new car, move, or a job opportunity he passed on since it meant moving clear across the country and losing all of our family support system.  We were in our 20's with a new baby at the time.)                          

We enjoy a lot of the same genres for movies and tv shows but sometimes we like to watch stuff on our own. (Gasp)    

I LOVE to read he doesnt. (Should I give up reading since he doesnt like too?)                               

He loves college football so over many years of me watching it with him I can follow along and not sound like a nitwit.                                            

I love crafting and make t-shirts and signs. He has helped me immeasurably with learning the software to the program I use. 

We have been married nearing on 20 years. We have had our ups and downs as every couple will/has. Life is give and take.  I wouldn't trade any of it for a stupid checklist for either of us.

What a miserable life Lori leads, to need to tell everyone else how to live. She has no clue to the dynamics of everyone else's lives. Me thinks she needs to worry more about making sure her own house is in order before dictating to others. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180926-134554.png

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori is always posting about Elizabeth Elliott...and while I was familiar with her on a very superficial level, I did a quick google search.  

Does Lori realize EE had a "career" as a college professor among other things? Had only one child (to her first missionary husband Jim Elliott who was killed), served on the committee that worked on developing the NIV translation of the Bible among other things? 

OK. Now's she just being deliberately obtuse.  You can't tell me she's so freaking clueless that she doesn't understand exactly what this woman is asking for:  

Spoiler

1914275684_Loriagain.thumb.jpg.3ae5bd501f006b7610121512442cf92d.jpg

Lori, she didn't ask you to teach men...she asked you for a list pertaining to women since the one you reference clearly pertained to men! raarrwwwwwggg.  

5 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Lori, she didn't ask you to teach men...she asked you for a list pertaining to women since the one you reference clearly pertained to men! raarrwwwwwggg.  

1. Must be a believer

2. Must make money

3. Must be willing to kiss my ass

49 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

OK. Now's she just being deliberately obtuse.  You can't tell me she's so freaking clueless that she doesn't understand exactly what this woman is asking for:  

Lori doesn't want women to have a list of desirable characteristics in a husband. If women think they have a right to an opinion before marriage they might continue after. Can't have women thinking their opinion is ever important, or should even be considered. :pb_rollseyes: 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

1. Must be a believer

2. Must make money

3. Must be willing to kiss my ass

I suspect there's some flexibility on #1, as long as he overperforms in #2 and is adequate on #3.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Hide contents

I wondered if anyone reading her post would catch this. Her original list was actually aimed AT MEN! :pb_lol:  Tsk tsk, Lori, who are you, a mere woman, to teach men what to look for in a wife? :naughty:

Ken in a response on FB

I thank God that my wife married imperfect me. I probably met only half of her wish list, but she saw something special in me and my desire for God and hard work. 

Yes Ken, Lori did see something special in you. ??? Your ability to make money so she could sit on her lazy bony ass all day while the housekeeper did all the work.

10 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Ken in a response on FB

Yes Ken, Lori did see something special in you. ??? Your ability to make money so she could sit on her lazy bony ass all day while the housekeeper did all the work.

She sure as hell didn't love him. 

Another word Lori has ruined...commanded. And Kenny boy, women shouldn't have to be perfect for somebody to marry them either. I don't know if Lori teaches men, but she sure as hell panders to the worst of them. If marriage is such a huge deal, why not teach women what they should look for in a husband? She is that stupid not to understand that both sides should have criteria other than having vaginas and penises.

There are so many things that are not on that list that make me eager to spend time with my husband.

Our "recipe for our marriage" goes something like this:

1.  Communicate - speak openly with one another. While the longer we are together the more it seems we can read each other's minds, we acknowledge that this is NOT TRUE.  So talk to me.

2.  Snuggle every night.  

3.  Be silly together. 

4.  Talk about finances and budgeting; have a plan/guidelines we aim for.

5.  If there is something bothering one of us, we speak up.  Listen first.  Give each other time to process and think.

6.  Snuggle each morning to start the day.

7.  Be yourself.  Don't pretend.  I don't like football.  He doesn't like movies. We have other interests we share (i.e. museums, travel, history, charities and volunteering).  But we also each have our own "dance space" in life.

8.  Do things separately at times.  It makes us more interesting people.

9.  Manage the household by dividing the chores, when possible, by the things we each enjoy and the time we have available.  I enjoy cooking and doing laundry.  He enjoys washing dishes and yard work.  I'm mechanical and organized, he's got mad math skills and balances the finances.  

10. We Try to help others.  We both love the heart of compassion we find in each other; and my favorite moments of marriage are the times when we find each other in each other's arms saying "this person that you are on your own, the kindness you have shown to someone in need apart from anything I have done is why I love you."

11.  Above all else:  Communicate.

Action alone is merely duty. Duty can make you tired and exhausted and leech all of life from you. It leaves you feeling like you never measure up.  It is the constant "more" warned about in Proverbs, and it is never finished or satisfied.  It is work which is never done.

Love is something deeper.  It reminds me why I am, informs how I act, and renews life itself.  It's not just an emotion; nor is it just an action.  And it is still there when there is rest and peace.  Love is our ontology; our very being-ness.  It's not just doing. 

Otherwise those of us who profess faith would all be trying to be better Pharisees instead of better Christians.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

We are also engrained to think of ourselves LAST, so housekeeping for ourselves gets last priority.

Hahahahahahha. NO.  Not any man I ever met.

(I know you didn't say that @ViolaSebastian, there was just no other way for me to quote that.

So Lori is telling people to ignor the comments and read ttuac. I hope no one ever listens to Lori. Kids have died because of this book. I understand that kids do whatever they want but this isn’t the answer. 

F14F85B9-7764-4E9F-A4BB-3260FB539BFC.png

Why is this such a difficult question to answer Lori. It's a simple yes or no. I'm going to go out on a limb and say NO. No you don't pray for the less fortunate, the many women who have no choice but to work for a roof over their head and food on the table. 

Again I wish no ill will on anyone but boy I can't wait for this bitches house of cards to fall. Oh wait that's right she has two sons she can suck the life out of. Good grief she has got to be the Mother in Law from HELL. No wonder most of her kids have moved out of state away from her. 

20180926_185217.png

16 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Can you put up a playstation and maybe a DVD player with the full Chuck Norris collection? Than I can send my brother there to cure is MFD. Because sending him to the forest wouldn'd help. Here you only have to walk 2 hours at most when you get lost and reach the next street or village and have cell phone reception in most parts.

Mr. Briefly says that he does not like Chuck Norris.  But he would certainly have plenty of beer stocked!  Maybe even peanuts.

25 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Mr. Briefly says that he does not like Chuck Norris.

I think we've located the problem. You will need to gently & meekly begin playing episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger while he sleeps. Once he seems receptive, casually have Way of the Dragon on the TV when he gets home one evening.... If the persuasion is successful he should at least pause to watch the uber manliness.  Then proceed to mancave step. 

On a different note, I chuckled when my FB recommendations popped up: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180926-193442.thumb.png.6ccd75bc38c1f4d50ddb684038568d6f.png

2 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

Hahahahahahha. NO.  Not any man I ever met.

(I know you didn't say that @ViolaSebastian, there was just no other way for me to quote that.

I know! Completely laughable, right? Never mind that what he's saying contradicts decades worth of research about the amount of work done by men versus women, it also makes zero sense. Women are so selfish and put ourselves first so much that we have all this time to selfishly spend...cleaning toilets and doing laundry? Wut. No, the much more simple explanation is that men have been taught that cleaning is a woman's job, and God forbid they stoop to doing women's work more than the absolute minimum for healthy living. They also haven't undergone years of conditioning to *notice* when things are dirty and do something about it the way women have. 

And that's not even getting into the emotional work. Almost every day I don't say how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking out of putting someone else first, even when it's damaging to me emotionally. And how many times have we heard that women who are the victims of violent, despicable, dehumanizing sexual assaults should stay quiet because "he's too old and blind," "he was too young to know better," or "he's got a bright future ahead of him?" Every damn day. There have been so many times in my life where I hurt myself by not saying something I should or not refusing to do something in an effort to be "nice." Well, being nice kills women, constantly. I don't know what constitutes "putting oneself last" more than that.

I'm not trying to rag on men, but this idea that men are so super selfless that they can't do the dishes is pure jackassery. In my own family, I have great, liberal, egalitarian men who love their wives, girlfriends, moms, and daughters. But they still go out in the backyard and drink a beer while the women are working in the kitchen. It's just so deeply ingrained in our gender roles that women are never "off the clock." 

5 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Hide contents

I mean, wow, God forbid any woman have standards for a guy. So sinful, thinking for yourself.? 

In her mind, women should accept any man that comes our way because if we have standards we  forsake some of our childbearing years (what hell would that be). Ugh. No woman's sole purpose in life is to just settle and spread her legs and hope for financial security. Lori wants to drag us down into her own personal hell.

I haven’t been on the Lori threads for a while, but I figure it’s always appropriate to add this photo:

18F0F6B0-F677-4F27-AC9A-B5C124D46225.jpeg.5594118a5cf3065acb31e456a9e3218b.jpeg

So...Lori's check list for the perfect Christian Wife?  It's written to women because Lori only teaches women?

You guys!! This can only mean one thing.  

Lori approves of and promotes same-sex marriage.  Good for her.

I guess she is "Always Learning!"  :dance:

I am popping in to say that @Ken100% wrote her post today. Lori is just pissed at Jen Hatmaker and can't articulate her rage at the audacity of someone advocating on behalf of women. So she got Ken to write her post about how women lie.

BITCH.

Lori/Ken writes this today about Jenn Hatmaker.  "I am not even sure where she is seeing “white supremacy” in our culture."

Yet in the next paragraph she/he writes this.
"Almost all countries are careful with whom they allow in their country BUT we still allow immigrants into our country and our country is full of immigrants, refugees, Muslims, Mexicans, and brown and black bodies everywhere. They simply have to go through the proper process in order to enter our country to ensure its safety."

I'd say we have to look no further than Lori/Ken to see that "white supremacy" is alive and well.

I'm wondering how long it will take her to rip on Beth Moore again. (she takes a little hit in today's post)   DIL Emily posted a link to a flattering article on Beth Moore on FB the other day (public).   I'm sure it's burning Lori to no end. 

The countdown to deletion has begun.  Those Bible verses referenced aren't part of Lori's myopic vision, and she can't have people claiming that we're supposed to help others, or do anything useful. 

1093287.jpg

UPDATE:  Lori didn't delete (yet)!  Instead she says 'This isn’t caused by “patriarchal power structures” as she claims but by wicked and evil men. God set up patriarchal power structures.'  Notice how she totally ignores the issue of helping these women?  Lori Alexander, still being useless.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived