IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, violynn said:

Honestly, I always thought Lori was talking about anal sex when she discusses that "sin the husband wants and wife must refuse".

Me too, but then I started thinking about how stupid her post was and came up with a LivePD type scenario where the wife tells the cops "I meekly told him 'no' in a godly way, but he wouldn't listen to me" as the cops are slapping the cuffs on hubby.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, refugee said:

We knew an Amway couple who lost their house. Evidently, part of the Amway con was to live way beyond your means to make it look like you were rolling in the dough so you could recruit other greedy or desperate suckers.

I used to work with a woman who's parents sold Amway.  She showed me the book that the Amway sellers were supposed to read to their young children. It explained how mommy and daddy would probably not have much time for their children and the children were just supposed to understand.  It was more important for mommy and daddy to be Amway dealers and sell things, instead of being active parents and involved with their children.  I had heard of that and always thought it was a joke, but she said her parents followed the philosophy.

I don't find the Bible and Scripture offensive, although I maintain if a person hasn't wrestled with certain parts of Scripture then I'm not sure they've fully engaged it. And I'm often more amused than offended. Lori hardly says anything new but it's always interesting to see how she's going to twist of the five verses she has in her arsenal.  Neither of those them would be able to form a proper argument if their lives depended on it. But I suppose their life doesn't depend on the things they say. They can afford to be hypocritical with their organic fermented veggies and month longs vacation. 

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

I used to work with a woman who's parents sold Amway.  She showed me the book that the Amway sellers were supposed to read to their young children. It explained how mommy and daddy would probably not have much time for their children and the children were just supposed to understand.  It was more important for mommy and daddy to be Amway dealers and sell things, instead of being active parents and involved with their children.  I had heard of that and always thought it was a joke, but she said her parents followed the philosophy.

My parents sold Amway when I was a kid, in the late 80s early 90s. We got to stay at Grandma's house a lot. Grandma was awesome and she had a TV (we didn't, the church we went to didn't allow TVs) so we didn't mind. My parents never had that book, but they were out a LOT. At seminars most weekends, even out 2 or 3 week nights as well, every week for a number of years. I have no idea how much money they made out of it (a bit, I think) but mum looks back now and said she regrets it so much, because she missed out on so much with us.

It's way to early in my day to be stabby. 

Spoiler

This is how marriage is supposed to work, right? He cleans up after himself and I clean up after myself.

No, this isn’t how it’s supposed to work

No Lori, you stupid twit, this is called adulting. If you make the mess, you clean it up. It's not that difficult to place clothes in the laundry hamper, or dirty dishes from the sink into the dishwasher. Lord have mercy how ever do these poor men live without a woman picking up after them.

She does a huge disservice to men as well. She acts as if they are children who are unable to do any domestic chore  without a woman doing it for them. (If your son or daughter can't do basic life chores that need to be done to survive,  than you failed as a parent.) 

I am so incredibly thankful that my MIL raised a functioning adult male. He has never treated me like a maid.  He knows how to do the laundry (without turning all the whites pink. ??) He can cook. Way better than I can. If I need a hand around the house, he doesn't think he's to good to scrub a toilet if it's needed because I forgot too. He works 50-60 hours a week with travel thrown in once in a while. I was blessed to stay home with our girls till the youngest went to middle school. He fully supports me working part time at our church preschool which helps with all the extra unexpected expenses that children sometimes incur. I fail to believe that God only gives gifts and talents to men. He gifts us women just as abundantly and I believe it's a huge disservice to His glory if we throw them to the wayside and are never allowed to let them shine. 

Again just because you Lazy Lori (we know you read here)  can't hack life doesn't mean all women can't. 

1. Throwing things on the floor and leaving them there.
2. Leaving a dirty bathroom sink and toilet splashes
3. Not enough space for everything
4. Dirty dishes
5. Taking too long to do anything

Do you see that most of them have to do with housekeeping?! This is why my simple handwritten post about housework went viral (shown below)! Women don’t want to have to clean up after their husband/boyfriend (living with a boyfriend is living in sin). This is how marriage is supposed to work, right? He cleans up after himself and I clean up after myself.

"Why, I still don't quite understand how my simple, innocent, sweet little handwritten post happened to GO VIRAL." *bats eyelashes*  "But it WENT VIRAL! Maybe, if I try real, real hard, it will GO VIRAL again!":pb_biggrin:

That poor horse. :deadhorse: 

Yes, Lori, that's EXACTLY how marriage is supposed to work. If, that is, both parties involved--including the husband--are adults. Grown-ups. Mature people. Who clean up after themselves. OR...who help each other clean up together. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that men don't clean up after themselves. NO. WHERE.  Not even by inference, or by one of your very loose interpretations. :my_dodgy:

18 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I think it's because Lori can't disagree with someone without being offended herself.  I'm becoming more and more convinced as time goes on that she is judging other women by herself.  

Yeah I'm convinced of that, too. She's lazy, so she assumes other women are lazy. She had to be told to love her husband, so she assumes other women are marrying only for money like she did. She lives in a nice house and goes on vacation for months at a time and eats $14 butter, so she can't imagine than anyone might live in poverty. She doesn't know what that word means. Ken's never been too sick to bring home a paycheck, so she assumes other women's husbands keep them up as well. She didn't want to work, and claimed she didn't learn anything in college, so she assumes other women want to sit at home and be kept women, too. She's too stupid to make sense of more than a handful of Bible verses, so she assumes other women are just as stupid and won't disagree with her proclamations - even when they are just plain WRONG Biblically. I have more respect for women who go looking for sugar daddies than for Lori - at least they are open about their arrangement rather than pretending it's a "Godly" marriage.

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'm not "offended" just incredulous that someone can be that stupid and even more so that there are people who think this woman is right. 

I'm kind of amazed that Lori is able to navigate the internet at all, TBH. I mean, this is the woman who had to call her son-in-law to tell her what to do when she needed to evacuate due to a nearby fire! It's probably good she had a nanny and housekeeper and mainly made salads, if she's too stupid to know to get in the car and drive AWAY from a fire.

I'm not offended by her at all. I'm upset that so many people in this country are so incredibly stupid, and that there are people with fewer functioning brain cells than Lori actually following her for advice. I'm even a little worried about Lori herself - she does have a brain tumor, and I would not be the least bit surprised if there was damage caused by that. 

She's just so incredibly, aggressively idiotic. 

Hubs does the lion's share of housework because he's home more than I am. I cook and do a few things but he does the rest. He's a big boy, he knows what needs to be done (most of the time) and if something needs to be done, I'll tell him (nicely). There's no fucking way I'd put up with him sitting on his ass while I did everything (one of the things that caused big problems for us for quite a while). 

She includes her handwritten viral doodle in today's post. You know. Just in case we forgot. I wonder if she has the original framed and hung on her wall.

10 minutes ago, molecule said:

She includes her handwritten viral doodle in today's post. You know. Just in case we forgot. I wonder if she has the original framed and hung on her wall.

She probably frames it for a shower/wedding gift. Frugal yet crafty. ?

32 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

She probably frames it for a shower/wedding gift. Frugal yet crafty. ?

'Thank you for such a thoughtful gift! I'm sure I can find something to put in this frame, and you've even included paper for the bottom of my canary's birdcage!'  

Ugh. Lori makes it sounds like women aren't getting married because they don't want to do dirty dishes. I mean, the things I *really* hated about living with my ex-husband were things like 1. Getting the snot beat out of me 2. Being financially abused 3. Being expected to work full time AND be responsible for everything involving the household 4. Having my spending tracked down to trips to McDonalds for ice cream and 5. Spending every Saturday driving around to different stores for the cheapest/preferred brand of everything. 

But the low marriage rate couldn't *possibly* be about avoiding something like that. Or finishing one's education first. Or the reluctance of men who have been deep in red pill "divorce rape" culture since their adolescence. Or wanting to travel before settling down. Or wanting to get to a certain point in one's career. Or refusing to settle for a less-than-decent partner. Or wanting to date someone for a long time to know exactly who they are. Or the increasingly terrible and financially out-of-reach housing market. No, it has to be a woman's fault for refusing to clean up someone else's piss. Typical Lori.

Lori:

It’s a sad fact of our culture to wage this war between the sexes and have so blurred the lines between their roles that anyone who teaches them gets ridiculed and slandered but this is okay! 

:pb_confused: Wha? 

This is how marriage is supposed to work, right? He cleans up after himself and I clean up after myself.

No, this isn’t how it’s supposed to work

I fell in love with Mr Wild because he's a sweet, giving, and capable of unconditional love. One of the many reasons I chose a life with him because he's an adult who is fully capable of taking care of himself and proudly continues to do so. One way we express our love is through doing things for each other, not out of duty or some religiosity but because we love each other. I decided that I wanted a life partner not a man baby. 

2 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

She probably frames it for a shower/wedding gift. Frugal yet crafty.

Along with a picture of her stupid bread. Not an actual loaf...Just a picture of it.  

33 minutes ago, Koala said:

It’s a sad fact of our culture to wage this war between the sexes and have so blurred the lines between their roles that anyone who teaches them gets ridiculed and slandered but this is okay! 

:pb_confused: Wha? 

Well she certainly did lie about not learning anything in school.

"...it’s about living with them, not being married to them since marriage is out of date these days and so old-fashioned."

Said who? Where did she hear/read this? Nowhere because it's shit she made up. Marriage is not old fashioned but the idea that women have to roll over and take whatever a man dishes out is.

There was a very good and articulate response below Lori's asinine comment. Unfortunately I did not get a screen shot of it. Bitch is quick on the delete button today. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180925-143803.png

so basically according to Lori we should raise male slobs because some woman will pick up after him. And no Lori at that point you are teaching your children someone will always clean up after them. (Not that Lori would know that since she not only had/has a housekeeper and a nanny to clean up and take care of her children. Cause ya know shes got parasites and is sickly.)

That's not how the real world works. I never want to wish ill will or harm upon anyone, but my  hope is one day her house of cards comes crashing down around her ears. What a spoiled entitled witch (I've reached my daily quota of curse words today.) WTG Lori for making me stumble. 

Why is a man providing financial resources the only definition of provider? Cooking, cleaning, and otherwise doing whatever needs to be done is providing. It’s providing help and support to your spouse, an example of what it means to be a role model to your children, and providing an environment that will help children grow and thrive. 

And women who stay at home are working and are providers. Why do they not get a break? A chance to rest? What kind of selfish lazy man sits in a recliner while wife runs around managing dinner and children, and can’t be bothered to show some respect and help out? 

I’m so glad my marriage isn’t like Lori describes or mandates. My husband is capable of helping out- and does so. 

What does this even mean? My feeble female brain just isn't getting it. I can totally see why this charmer is "self-employed" and single... Run ladies run!! 

Screenshot_20180925-153407.png

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

'Thank you for such a thoughtful gift! I'm sure I can find something to put in this frame, and you've even included paper for the bottom of my canary's birdcage!'  

We have a saying about putting something like that up in the toilet room, with the unsaid second part of using it as toilet paper. But I was also born in a country where the toiletpaper was more like a toture device, that you even couldn't get all the time when needed.

My brother had an off day today, while I worked the late shift. I came home an hour earlier to a freshly cleaned kitchen, including even a cleaned kitchen floor and he was even capable of warming himself the leftover veggie stew from saturday on the stove! And he made the laundry, took our doggie for his walk twice and was even capable of going to the supermarket to buy the few groceries we were short of. And all without his dick falling of.

4 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

My brother had an off day today, while I worked the late shift. I came home an hour earlier to a freshly cleaned kitchen, including even a cleaned kitchen floor and he was even capable of warming himself the leftover veggie stew from saturday on the stove! And he made the laundry, took our doggie for his walk twice and was even capable of going to the supermarket to buy the few groceries we were short of. And all without his dick falling of.

I'm dying. :laughing-rolling:

Just now, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here we go again...Lori is blessed because she is slandered! Cool thing is that means we are all blessed too! 

Lori claims to be 'always learning,' but she still hasn't figured out the difference between slander and libel.  I'm calling bullshit on her learning anything. 

It makes me sick to think of how men are raised in fundamentalist families (at least according to Lori's vision of paradise): brother pees on the toilet, spits toothpaste on the counter, drops tissue on the floor. Instead of teaching him to pick it up, Lori would have the sister do it? Or the mother? What about when the little brother is 15? He just drops garbage all over and continues spraying bodily fluids and makes his mother clean it up? A man who cleans up after himself is not a homemaker, he is just a person with good manners!! Lori is always talking about raising masculine men. I guess masculine to them means having no manners or hygeine whatsoever. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived